Author Topic: TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 274748 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« on: October 25, 2012, 01:07:29 AM »

This is where all the speculation of the TAR 22 race goes, NOT in the LIVE thread.

**NEW** Let's try keeping all the confirmed LOCATION info together so it is easier to find. So anything about a location we are sure of can go HERE.

All info about TEAMS can go in the Contestant thread HERE.

As always, per RFF's practices, we do not spoil the start location (if known) or any teams until it is believed that the teams are safely underway. We would never want to jeopardize a team's chances or to interfere with the start. But if you have info to share before then, we would love to know, so please PM or email me! Spoilers are treasured!

This thread will be opened once we know for sure the race has begun.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 09:09:32 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 08:11:29 PM »
Next Destination appears to be:

Papeete, Tahiti!

Via AIr France and Air Tahiti.

:dancer: :beach:   :dancer:

Damn. Now I AM jealous!
ah, my wish was granted.  They should race to Australia/South Pacific as their 1st destination and forget about South America, due to TARLA's racing within that continent since their 1st season.  Hopefully they should go to my country, the Philippines after that.  ;)

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 08:26:09 PM »
If Tahiti is true.. and they land the 14th, have time to do the leg, then assumes 12 hour pit stop,
can depart early AM the 15th.

And looking at flightstats, its all random south pacific, Bora Bora, Rarotonga(<3) and other places in French Polynesia.

if its extended pit stop(could be true to get production out of Tahiti to the next locale)

depart late the 15th/midnightish the 16th

They have a 2:00AM flight to Auckland
and a 6:30AM flight to Tokyo

Its most likely gonna be a forced bunched flight, since tbh there isn't as many options.

They can also fly back to LAX, but it wouldn't be in their best interest to drag them through the area again and would be costing more $$$ to. But you never know!

But its gonna get crazy since Tahiti is so stranded(guess they're trying to get out of spoilers, but failed! :b)

« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 08:29:31 PM by Kandace »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 08:28:07 PM »
Assuming Tahiti is the first destination, then a Race almost completely in the southern hemisphere is a possibility. It would be spring headed into summer, and could see a Race course going to Australia-New Zealand, Africa, and Latin America. Maybe they'll drop by Antarctica on the way. :)

The fact that there's a TAR:LA would not affect where TAR would go, since American television does not air any of the international editions of TAR.

Kandice, I don't think we should think in terms of a "standard" 12 hour pit stop, because there isn't a standard length any longer. We should look for the next stop to be somewhere and somewhen that allows production to get ahead of the teams by a flight but allow all continuing teams to make it out without having delays for an additional day.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 08:58:33 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 08:49:57 PM »
Since it appears its starting in Tahiti, I'm guessing that this season continent line up is like Season 18. Oceania-Asia-Europe-South America-North America.
I'm hoping that this time, there wil be less legs in Asia, and 2-4 legs in South America (I love it when South America gets 4 legs, hasn't been done since Season 11  :'(). These are my speculation first 5 legs.

1. Tahiti
2. New Zealand
3. Philippines
4. Philippines
5. (East Asia)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 09:04:50 PM by ianthebalance »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 09:24:38 PM »
There aren't too many places to head to after Tahiti. I wouldn't be surprised if Europe was skipped this time, as TAR 21 spent a lot of time in Europe, and completely omitted Africa and South America.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 09:27:34 PM »
They could move back to Chile. There's a flight to Chile from Papeete, right? That would be great!
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 09:29:08 PM »
They could move back to Chile. There's a flight to Chile from Papeete, right? That would be great!

The only problem with that is that asia will most likely be completely skipped.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 09:30:43 PM »
There aren't too many places to head to after Tahiti. I wouldn't be surprised if Europe was skipped this time, as TAR 21 spent a lot of time in Europe, and completely omitted Africa and South America.

I dont think that would happen. There is a direct flight to Auckland from Tahiti if I am not mistaken. From there, they can go to Asia and Europe eventually. It looks like 4-5 continents to me (I predict South America will have a later visit.).
Aslo, I think the race will spend 5-7 legs in Europe/Asia, since we just had a whole season in Europe/Asia.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 09:36:02 PM by ianthebalance »

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 11:00:09 PM »
I have a pretty good guess that Leg 2 is in New Zealand, and maybe Leg 3 somewhere near by do make up time? Again, its spec and might not happen, lol (:

They can get into NZ with these flights (the links are to flightstats)
November 15th
Tahiti -> Rarotonga
12:20PM 15th -> 2:50PM 15th

Then on the 15thstill
Rarotonga to AUCKLAND
Dep 5:30PM 15th ARR 8:50PM 16th(International Date Line is going be rude lol)

They can get in and go around and get their stuff together and do what they do

Then teams fly to Auckland direct using

Tahiti -> AUCKLAND
2:00AM 16th -> 6:55AM the 17th
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 11:12:08 PM by Kandace »

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 12:38:11 AM »
woo hoo.. best place to be on the internet when the racing is on. Great work on the information already!  :tup:

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 12:52:04 AM »
So for the Air France flight, we have the blondes, red shirt, and firefighters?

Offline NiceGuy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 12:59:43 AM »
Great job so far everyone!!!  :tup:

Any reality stars or D-list celebs yet?? 

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 01:01:47 AM »
throwing this for what it's worth or maybe not..

Practical info :
Thursday, November 15, 2012 until Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.   

Gardens and House of Culture
Papeete

Description:

La semaine du Monoï, rendez-vous désormais incontournable à Tahiti, Monoï Here (prononcer Monoï Héré) pourrait se traduire par "Monoï chéri" ou "Monoï mon amour" et réunit chaque année tous les amoureux du Monoï. Une occasion unique de rencontrer les Mamas venues des différents archipels, d'échanger des recettes traditionnelles, de découvrir les plantes de la pharmacopée Ma'ohi, ou de s'offrir de véritables moments de plaisir et d'émotions.

Thème de cette année: "Les Nouvelles Vahinés"

Stands d’expositions-ventes, conférences, massages, démonstrations, projections de films documentaires,etc., à la Maison de la Culture.

Salon : Monoi Here, la semaine du Monoi
Jeudi 15 et dimanche 18 novembre 2012 – de 09h00 à 18h00
Vendredi 16 et samedi 17 – de 09h00 à 20h00

Google translate :

Monoi week, must now go to Tahiti, Monoi Here (pronounced Monoi Héré) could be translated as "Monoi darling" or "my love Monoi" and meets annually all lovers of Monoi. A unique opportunity to meet the Mamas came various archipelagos, share traditional recipes, discover plants Ma'ohi pharmacopoeia or to offer genuine moments of pleasure and emotions. theme this year: "The New Vahinés" Stands for sales exhibitions, conferences, massages, demonstrations, documentary films, etc.., the Maison de la Culture. Salon: Monoi Here, the week of Monoi Thursday 15 until Sunday, November 18, 2012 - from 09:00 to 18:00 Friday 16 and Saturday 17 - 09:00 to 20:00

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 01:08:31 AM »

there's also a little incident this morning at the local airport (FAA)  :o  :ascared

FAA'A, Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2012. This morning a plane of ATR 42 500 Air Tahiti left the airport of Tahiti at 10am at destination Hao (Tuamotu) with 33 passengers on board. After 30 minutes of flight, the captain finds an unusual noise and suspect in the cockpit. The noise intensified in gaining altitude, the captain made ​​the decision to turn around. The aircraft landed without incident at 11:00 on the runway of the airport of Tahiti. Joining the passengers lounge while waiting for a replacement flight. Upon analysis, it appears that the whistle is due to a leak seal windshield right side.

http://www.tahiti-infos.com/Un-avion-d-Air-Tahiti-contraint-de-faire-demi-tour_a60987.html

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 01:21:46 AM »
Air Tahiti Nui Flight 101 departing at 2330?

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 04:33:33 AM »
After French Polynesia, I am guessing New Zealand, followed by 3 legs in Asia, 2 in Africa, 3-4 in Europe and a finally returning to the USA with hopes a 11th stop in Cancun.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 09:20:20 AM »
Oh my God. Tahiti... what a random place <33333

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 10:09:50 AM »

:lol:  Seems there's "lots-o-webcams" in Tahiti.  (too bad they show mostly the resorts).   If someone has a lot of spare time, they may spot something.  Here's some webcam links:

Tahiti webcam link 1  Tahiti webcam link 2  Tahiti webcam link 2   ;)

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 12:07:54 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised at all if the next leg would be in Japan. As much as I want to, however I would love for them to be in NZ.
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, 01:03:03 PM »
New Zealand is probally next, hoping for South Island (Queenstown, Dunedin, or Christchurch). North Island was visited 3 times on three different seasons (2, 5, and 13) and South Island had only one visit (2) and it's way overdue for another. 

-I am speculating 8-10 countries and 4-5 Continents

« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 01:10:48 PM by mjriches2005 »

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 01:33:26 PM »
Oh and a possible task to do in Tahiti is va'a(outrigger canoe) which is the national sport and and and they just had a big race on them through the leeward islands, so its possible to have a mini task? Its spec, but I think it could be cool :b

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012, 07:16:42 PM »
Searching on Twitter I found a link to this:

REALITY NATION

Britney Haynes On Amazing Race?
Rumors flying that BB12 and BB14's Britney will be on TAR21

According to Twitter, hilarious former Big Brother contestant Britney Haynes could be filming The Amazing Race 22.

Several people have picked up on the rumor that Britney and an unknown partner started filming the next season of TAR on November 12. There’s been absolutely no confirmation at this point and it’s all speculation. As of now, the only proof we’ve got is that Britney hasn’t tweeted since the 12th. And we realize that’s not proof at all, but just enough of a “humph” to raise our eyebrows.

Britney, are you out there? Can you dispel this rumor? Or better yet, can someone confirm? Personally, I would LOVE to see Britney on The Amazing Race. Can you imagine how hilarious she’d be? I’d definitely be watching. Of course I don’t expect this rumor to be true no matter how much I want it to be. I just don’t really see Britney being interested in being on the show. We’ll keep you posted, one way or the other.

Britney finished fourth during Big Brother 12 and won the fan favorite award. She returned during Season 14 as a coach and later entered the game, finishing in 8th place.

:duno:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline amazingracer921

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2012, 07:34:56 PM »

REALITY NATION

According to Twitter, hilarious former Big Brother contestant Britney Haynes could be filming The Amazing Race 22.

Several people have picked up on the rumor that Britney and an unknown partner started filming the next season of TAR on November 12. There’s been absolutely no confirmation at this point and it’s all speculation. As of now, the only proof we’ve got is that Britney hasn’t tweeted since the 12th. And we realize that’s not proof at all, but just enough of a “humph” to raise our eyebrows.

Britney, are you out there? Can you dispel this rumor? Or better yet, can someone confirm? Personally, I would LOVE to see Britney on The Amazing Race. Can you imagine how hilarious she’d be? I’d definitely be watching. Of course I don’t expect this rumor to be true no matter how much I want it to be. I just don’t really see Britney being interested in being on the show. We’ll keep you posted, one way or the other.

Britney finished fourth during Big Brother 12 and won the fan favorite award. She returned during Season 14 as a coach and later entered the game, finishing in 8th place.

Big Brother 14 winner Ian Terry says the rumors have no legs.

“Well, considering Brit and I texted each other on the 13th, not too likely she’s on TAR,” he Tweeted.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2012, 07:42:08 PM »

REALITY NATION

Big Brother 14 winner Ian Terry says the rumors have no legs.

“Well, considering Brit and I texted each other on the 13th, not too likely she’s on TAR,” he Tweeted.

Britney last registered tweet was on the 12th not the 13th. 
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez