Author Topic: Amazing Race 22 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**  (Read 194282 times)

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race 22 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**
« Reply #275 on: January 31, 2013, 06:21:46 PM »
I have news from Maun, Botswana!  :wohoo:

Thanks to our special blogger Kandace who was on the flight from Jo'berg to Maun, I can share some more info.

You can check out her blog here: http://kandfotoblog.com/2013/01/25/its-not-an-apple-os-these-amazing-cats-of-botswana/

From the blog:

We landed in Maun, Botswana, fighting off the film crew and contestants in the next season of “Amazing Race.” Our group leader, Andy, sat with two very beautiful young women from Austin, TX, who were contestants. Supposedly, it was a secret but they told us they were racing into the Kalahari Desert. Andy was lapping up all the attention he was getting as he flipped through his iPad showing the “racers” what he did. I believe I counted the use of the word, “awesome,” at least 50 times. At one point lights and cameras were rolling on us as the two women were admiring Andy’s work. There just might be a chance that I, yours truly, will be in a small segment of next season’s, “Amazing Race.”

After contacting her, Kandace was so nice to give me some great info on who and what she saw!  :hearts: The black bolded content below is her account, the red is my notes included!

We flew to Botswana on Sunday, Nov. 25, approximately 4pm... We flew in from Jo'berg, South Africa to Maun, Botswana on Air Botswana. The Asian girls, the tall guy with really curly hair, and possibly the black couple were there but there were more than I didn't see. [I asked for more info on teams & showed her the cast photos, she confirms their names below]

We sat in Row 1 with the film crew manager, and my friend was behind us with the two blond chicks from Austin, TX [Caroline & Jen]. When the plane landed we let the two girls get out first to get a head start. There were also film crew on the tarmac as the contestants came off the plane. Well, it was quite something . . . the logistics to get the contestants and film crew off and running to the Kalahari Desert. I'm anxious to watch the show since we met the two chicks from Texas, and talked with them. Those girls are really friendly and really nice. But, boy could they say the word, "awesome" numerous times.

I know for sure there was the two Asian girls, Pamela and Winnie, the blondes from TX, Caroline and Jen, curly hair guy, Chuck and Wynona, and I think Mona & Beth, and Joey & Meghan.

The plane was completely full with our photo group of 14 people and the Amazing Race contestants and film crew, and probably some other people. Yes, there were probably more teams [elsewhere on another flight].

Just want to point out that with Max/Katie not being sighted and Kandace saying there were more teams she didn't see and some possibly elsewhere, it's possible that there's a few teams not in this group... Another flight? Or just not spotted? I'm not sure. But, we cannot conclusively say that THIS is the ONLY bunch of teams to make Botswana.

Once again thank you so much Kandace for your AMAZING insight into this, it's really appreciated by us all here and will help us immensely!  :hrt:  :kuss:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #276 on: January 31, 2013, 06:52:11 PM »
Oval, thanks for sharing about the blog in Botswana. It would be in leg 6, five of seven mentioned teams shown above.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #277 on: January 31, 2013, 07:27:51 PM »
Thanks Oval, and please thank Kandace for us, such a great sighting!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #278 on: February 01, 2013, 11:49:08 AM »

We flew to Botswana on Sunday, Nov. 25, approximately 4pm... We flew in from Jo'berg, South Africa to Maun, Botswana on Air Botswana. The Asian girls, the tall guy with really curly hair, and possibly the black couple were there but there were more than I didn't see. [I asked for more info on teams & showed her the cast photos, she confirms their names below]

Here is the actual information on all of the 2 flights JNB MUB on Sunday Nov. 25:

BP212 1140 1320
4Z8300 1145 1325

Both flights departed at least 4 1/4 hours earlier than this Kandace reported and even if it was the arrival time they were at least 2.5 hours earlier than Kandace reported. Maybe the flights were late, who knows but it sure looks highly suspicious to me.

Offline marylandboy234

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #279 on: February 12, 2013, 08:54:18 PM »
Phil posted this pic of him in Miami http://instagram.com/p/VpIkGQx1_G/

Maybe getting ready to film season 23 ??? it says he would love to swim but work is calling ???? :O

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #280 on: February 13, 2013, 09:48:34 AM »
Completely off-topic. But I want to make good use of a #10,000 post.

But I want to give thanks to all the TAR Detectives for all your hard work this season so far. Continue to keep up the good work and may we continue to give TAR producers a run for their money. :lol3:

:luvya: :luvya: :luvya: :luvya: :luvya:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #281 on: March 12, 2013, 07:01:14 PM »
Just adding our collection... Probably this is in Tahiti/Auckland/Christchurch....

@huppypie
Taken on (approx.) Nov.18

"Amazing Race or some such carry-on.. Camera crew in the domestic terminal.."

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2