Author Topic: Amazing Race 22 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**  (Read 194276 times)

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
Re: Amazing Race 22 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2012, 10:49:25 PM »
Can't see this posted anywhere:

Amazing race America is in Christchurch look out for them.. Just had them all run past haha
21 hours ago near Papanui, New Zealand
via FB

Will contact and ask for more info!

Oval.. I've posted that yesterday on page.3.. -___-"

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2012, 10:50:51 PM »
Oops, so sorry Zouly, I completely missed it! Now back to searching for those spoilers!

MrDeerShank

« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2012, 02:33:51 AM »
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/11/rumour-the-amazing-race-us-headed-to-oz.html

The Amazing Race (US) maybe on its way to Australia for a leg on the next season.

Diehard fans at realityfanforum are reporting contestants racing through New Zealand, with plenty of photographic evidence (warning: spoiler alert). GuardianOnline has also reported a visit to Christchurch, Phil Keoghan’s hometown, hit hard by earthquakes and a tourism downturn.

But there is also speculation racers are now Australia-bound, with talk of flights either Brisbane NZ805 (Arr: Bris: 4:30pm) or Melbourne NZ7911 (Arr: Melb: 5:50pm)

It wouldn’t be the first time TAR has raced through Australia, although so far Melbourne has missed out on a leg.

If you spy anything, just raise an eyebrow, Keoghan-like, and pass on any photos to you know where...

Little bit more confirmation of Australia?  :duno:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2012, 03:42:56 AM »
im @ the airport right now and theres legt a camera crew at the arrivals thing

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2012, 04:29:53 AM »
From the ground crew:

Teams are traveling via Melbourne-PERTH onto BALI
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2012, 05:10:47 AM »
Some went via SYDney,   ERROR sorry
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 06:13:57 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2012, 06:27:40 AM »
Hello there, everyone!

I've been gone a while, but I come bearing gifts from Tullamarine! (Though sadly, not the rest of Melbourne  (:;) )

We only ran into two teams at the airport, but we did what we could with what we had to work with, including some nice photos:

First, we have the father & son team of which one is currently wheelchair bound. We had a chat to these two, really nice guys. They're from Utah, and we had a nice talk about the Grand Canyon and Four Corners, because I saw both those things when I went to Arizona last year. They were going to Perth on a Qantas flight. When we asked them where they were headed, they said Bali, then asked us a few questions about it, mostly to do with if they'd accept US currency. I told them not to wave any amount of money around or they'd be swarmed by people trying to sell them stuff (Which my brother swears is true)

When we mentioned the two girls (Coming soon!) being on a flight that got delayed by a few hours, their faces lit up, until we told them the new departure time (9:25 PM). The way they acted after that, including muttering "They'll get on anyway" leads me to believe they were both catching the same flight in Perth to get to Bali.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2012, 06:32:06 AM »
Now, we move onto the girls!

The girls were a lot harder to talk to. They didn't give away much of anything, except that they were American and on a travel documentary. When it became obvious we weren't going to get much from them, we decided to go exploring the airport and wished them luck (They were under the impression that we were on their flight. I secretly hope they are wondering where me and Raff went, because we didn't get on the plane.)

For the record, the bag with Winnie on it belonged to the girl sitting on the right in most of the photos. Raff saw something written on the other girls bandanna, possibly EM, but I couldn't get an angle on it for a photo.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2012, 06:40:57 AM »
Bullet point notes for the day:

-The guys are from Utah, and are father and son (The father used the term "me and my son" while the son was away and we were chatting.)
-The father tore his achillies tendon and calf muscle in a footrace in Bora Bora (Paraphrasing 'We were in a footrace in sand with these other people, and we thought we could get them, but then my achillies popped and my calf popped')
-They were flying out to Perth on a Qantas flight, departing from Gate 11 from the Qantas/Jetstar terminal
-They mentioned they were heading to Bali

-The girls were exceptionally well prepared with ration packs, electrolyte replacement pills, vitamins and all sorts of other health and wellbeing related items. Their shoes were wet, though, which is why they were wearing thongs the entire time.
-The girls mentioned (overheard by us) that they were just ahead of the hockey players
-The girls were flying to Perth from gate 12 from Terminal 3. Their flight was delayed and pushed back to (we believe) 9:25 PM
-The guys were relieved when they learned the girls flight was delayed, but came back down when they realised the girls would still catch up in Perth

-While I'm not certain on flight times, going from Christchurch to Bali via Melbourne and Perth seems like it would intuitively be a worse flight than options from Melbourne direct, Sydney or Brisbane. Thus I believe these two teams are battling for last (Pending a potential HoO bunching.)
-Photobucket can go die for not displaying the pictures right. I rotated them and everything, so they show up on my PC fine.
-Thanks to my friend BP for alerting me to the TAR teams on her flight, and thanks to my friend Raff for coming along to help, and having the ability to strike up a conversation with anybody and as it turns out, including American teams of two who are backpacking around the world for a "travel documentary"

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2012, 09:48:57 AM »

I need to know the TIME and AIRPORT this is from please? Can someone check? Thx! CHC???
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 09:59:49 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2012, 09:58:53 AM »
Hotel pickup for Phil in Bali !

@Georgiapeach it might be Christchurch as the person who posted the photo has New Zealand listed in their profile.

From itsmekrissybebe who posted in Instagram about 2 hours ago (9:13am EST) November 20, 2012.

URL:

http://web.stagram.com/p/328113065590220547_1652776
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 10:13:44 AM by Leafsfan »

Offline cb

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2012, 10:05:38 AM »
Had nothing else to do :lol: so decided to go to Perth domestic tonight and see those 2 teams. Saw them both, but was pretty dull and uneventful. Got some pics/video/info if you're interested.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2012, 10:08:18 AM »
Had nothing else to do :lol: so decided to go to Perth domestic tonight and see those 2 teams. Saw them both, but was pretty dull and uneventful. Got some pics/video/info if you're interested.

You bet we are! Post away!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline cb

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2012, 10:42:29 AM »
Arrived first on Qantas QF653 ~9:30pm
They were in no rush, very casual. They and crew had checked baggage so had to wait around. Even after collecting bags stood around for another 5 minutes. I guess their flight to Bali was still hours away. No filming was done.
Father? seemed to struggle on the crutches, was in the wheelchair most of the time.
They eventually left the terminal to get the shuttle bus to the International terminal

Offline cb

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2012, 10:47:19 AM »
Arrived on Virgin DJ697 ~10:45pm
Were in a little bit more of a rush, sniffer dog was very interested in the camera man :)
A few scenes were filmed as they walked to the other end of the terminal, and the sound guy was asking about something at the lost baggage counter.
Then they went to catch shuttle bus to international terminal

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2012, 11:03:08 AM »
NICE!! Thank you! Who is big gray pack/red shirt in last few pics?

Love the doggie!!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline cb

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2012, 11:27:12 AM »
Oh just the sound guy

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2012, 07:47:23 PM »

Three teams already out the airport but our on the ground team lose their track..  :groan:

Hopefully they'll be able to recover soon..

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2012, 08:55:49 PM »
Dion Beetson ‏@dionbeetson

Amazing race teams spotted at Perth Airport
pic.twitter.com/9L8JRge9

6:53 pm - 19 nov 12

« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 09:04:32 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2012, 09:30:01 PM »
From Twitter:

At uluwatu beach shooting for "Amazing Race" show !! Yewww !!

7:28 pm - 19 nov 12

« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 09:33:20 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2012, 11:41:35 PM »

Teams just finished their task in ubud monkey forest and sanctuary, they're heading to the next location..

For anyone curious about the place, you can read :
http://www.monkeyforestubud.com/

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2012, 12:23:26 AM »
This was posted on Saturday via FB..

Oh.My.Gosh! What are the odds of being in Bora Bora and the tv show "The Amazing Race" coming through for a task and their overnight pit stop? They did something with jet ski's and snorkeling. Didn't see Phil. We sat next to 2 of the camera men at breakfast too and they were tight lipped, but it wasn't hard to figure out! Lots of excitement on this tiny island!

Will ask for more info!

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2012, 01:48:02 AM »

Quick updates from our awesome superb on the ground team!

They are now with Phil at the Pit Stop!!  :hearts:   :hearts:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2012, 02:32:41 AM »
 :popcorn:

ZouLy, I have a hunch they will be heading out quickly on Hong Kong Airlines HX 708 leaving DPS at 12:05 am and arriving HKG at 5:00 am (connection to SGN or HAN).

Can you check that?   :tup:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 02:46:51 AM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders