Archive > The Amazing Race 22

Amazing Race 22 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**

<< < (32/57) > >>

ovalorange:
These were posted on Fb a while back, I can't see anybody who posted it, but if someone did I apologise!

I'm pretty sure 4 teams of the Amazing Race were just on our same flight from Bali to Kuala Lumpur... Teams of 2 followed by cameramen and sound guys, and all they could tell us was that they were on a travel show for American television. Pretty sure Amazing Race. We'll have to wait for next season to find out.

Posted Nov 21 approx 7PM Malaysian time.

===

Just met some contestants of an American travel show. 4 teams of 2 were on our flight to kuala lumpur. I can't wait to watch next season of the amazing race because I have no idea what other show it would be. Cool I think so!

They were both posted at the same time, same place and the people look to be related, so I'd count it as one sighting :lol:

Plaidmoon:
I thought I had seen this Botswana sighting from Facebook somewhere on RFF yesterday, but I can't find it now. So, I'm posting it. Since then there have been a few questions and responses.

TAR Sighting Person
Yesterday via mobile
wao! amazing race being ran in botswana

Friend 1 - kae
Yesterday at 2:11am

TAR Sighting Person - MUB dear
Yesterday at 2:20am

Friend 2 -  Ke race ya eng?
Yesterday at 3:10am via mobile

TAR Sighting Person -  tha 1 almys shwn on sabc 3
19 hours ago via mobile

I can't really translate this on Google, but it does appear to be mostly English, so I can figure most of it out. It appears that the person saw or was told about TAR in Maun, Botswana. Friend 1 asked where and the reply was MUB, the airport code for Maun, Botswana. Friend 2 seems to be asking what version and the answer was the version shown on SABC 3, which I believe is the South African TV network. SABC has been showing an earlier season of the American TAR lately from the tweets I've seen over the past couple of months. I doubt they have shown TAR Norway. Assuming that the person can tell the difference between Americans speaking English and Norwegians speaking English, I think this points towards TAR 22 being in Botswana and not TAR Norway. It's not anywhere close to conclusive proof, but it's a little more than we knew up until now.

Xarles:
We're in Botswana!

From private blog on NOV 25/2012 in Maun, Botswana:

...the short flight from Jo’burg to Botswana had contestants and camera crew for The Amazing Race season 22 in the front few rows. We all talked to the contestants and although they weren't supposed to say anything they gave us enough clues to work out what was going on. I gave the couple next to me some cash as they were pretty short, and XXXXX helped the girls sitting next to him with detailed instructions for where to go as soon as they got off the plane. We watched them all line up on the runway and then run off, but of course saw them again three minutes later at the queue for immigration....

georgiapeach:
:hearts: Thanks Xarles!

Plaidmoon:
OK, I did some more digging and found a few Facebook sightings from Maun, Botswana. I'm convinced now that some version of TAR was there for the last few days. I'm also thinking it's very likely that it's TAR 22 and not TAR Norway, but no one has quite spelled it out. I'm thinking that it would have been mentioned if they were speaking Norwegian and I'm guessing the Norwegian version doesn't have the budget for the Hummer mentioned below.

TAR Witness
Wow, Bots recognized, a certain reality TV show is been shot right in front of me at Maun International Airport and Mack Air Offices. I'm wondering where are these guys going from here. They are couples traveling together with each couple followed by 2 Camera crews. Somebody remind me of the name, Please <Friend 2>, you know it and watch it
Sunday at 4:08am

Friend 1
The kardashians?
Sunday at 5:05am via mobile

Friend 2
Survivour
Sunday at 12:06pm via mobile

TAR Witness
Not Survivour Jess, Not Sure <Friend 1> but i think ke The amazing......
Sunday at 10:29pm via mobile

Friend 2 
Oh okay,the amazing race
Sunday at 11:52pm via mobile

TAR Witness
yeah Dear. they are racing in Maun.
Monday at 12:33am via mobile

The same person posted yesterday

TAR Witness
Monday at 10:55pm ·

and the race continues, Amazing race or the travel show as they told. Met one couple today as i was walking down the dirty road and they had to find the Mokoro Station. Poor people, always with camera crew. Jus gave them direction to the Mokoro Station and they refused to tell me the name of the show. Good luck Guys

This Facebook post sounds like it's probably TAR related.

TAR Witness 2
Sunday at 9:59am via mobile ·
someone please brow me digital camera now, there is a hummer limousine in maun...PLEASE

Friend
ta o e tseye
Sunday at 10:15am via mobile

TAR Witness
nxa am being serious
Sunday at 10:38am via mobile

I'm guessing the Hummer was brought in to move equipment around the area, which is a swampy river delta region.

I checked out Mokoro Station and it seems to be the starting point for dugout canoe tours of the shallow waterways of the Okavango River Delta. Here's a couple of links to pictures of Mokoro canoes. The second was taken earlier today, but doesn't appear to be TAR related.

https://twitter.com/worldamazingpic/status/272716801232740352/photo/1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/31893776@N02/8225737057/

From reading a couple of blogs, they may see herds of elephants, hippoes, giraffe, zebras, kudus, antelopes, and buffaloes. Should be very scenic.

Also, in a moment of extreme synchronicity, Google maps announced a few hours ago that street level mapping of Botswana is now on line, including the Okavango River Delta where TAR 22 was seen.

http://google-africa.blogspot.com/2012/11/street-view-on-google-maps-now-live-in.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version