Author Topic: Ep 4 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary *start: 830PM or later* note rules  (Read 17297 times)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Rob & Kelley are now in 5th. They lose one spot.
Just here to visit.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Pit stop:
1st - James & Abba
2nd - Abbie & Ryan
3rd - Natalie & Nadiya
4th - Josh & Brent
5th - Rob & Kelley
6th - Jaymes & James

Trey & Lexi arrive at Swarighat by boat this time. Gary & Will arrive at Swarighat by taxi. Trey & Lexi give them the news.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Pit stop:
1st - James & Abba
2nd - Abbie & Ryan
3rd - Natalie & Nadiya
4th - Josh & Brent
5th - Rob & Kelley
6th - Jaymes & James
7th - Trey & Lexi

Gary & Will say how they let the fans down in their confessional. They haven't even reached the pit stop... this has to be a NEL.

Gary & Will are the last team to arrive... And they've been eliminated! Wow, I was wrong.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Trey & Lexi get #7. And Gary & Will take a taxi to Swarighat instead of a boat. And they are the last team to arrive and are eliminated.
Just here to visit.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Pit stop:
1st - James & Abba
2nd - Abbie & Ryan
3rd - Natalie & Nadiya
4th - Josh & Brent
5th - Rob & Kelley
6th - Jaymes & James
7th - Trey & Lexi
8th - Gary & Will (ELIMINATED)

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
It's an elimination leg? :o So surprising.
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
it's always those 3 golden rules everywehre...  :lol:

1st time you'll be adviced by the counsellor
2nd time your parents will be called by the counsellor
3rd time you're out of the school..!!!  :lol3:
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Next week, the race gets more physical and teams wilt under the sun.
Just here to visit.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Next week on The Amazing Race...

As the race gets more physical, teams wilt under the blazing sun. Josh & Brent and Jaymes & James seem to struggle. The entire preview is of teams carrying large bamboo stalks.

NoluckBoston

Another noted good bye.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
It seems like a good leg. With the boat drama :colors

Thank you, everyone, for updating :ghug:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Looks more like a side of the Detour.  Look at the white bags, the tapestries, and the other positions behind them.  I don't discard your spec, but look for rats inside a closed bag - because, if its open, they will surely escape - ?  IDK...  :duno:

(Unless they were not searching for real rats - I remember the polo Detour in Bariloche on TAR16 with the horses of wood :lol: -.)

But doesn't this look like somebody looking for rats?

Well I agree Chateau........I dont know why anyone would have a stick in their hand on a cotton grading table unless they were expecting "something" to run out of the pile.  It is not as if the raw cotton is going to attack them. Plus it looks like the short dude is "herding" something toward the tall dude. The tall dude is ready to hit something coming out of the pile of cotton.

To put things clear about this, below are the caps from the whole sequence of the two guys and the cotton task.  The tall guy is not waiting to hit something coming out of the pile, actually he is hitting the cotton.  Maybe trying to spice things, in order to provoke a reaction, but he's not definitely expecting something.

(BTW, CBS press info says teams must collect "dead rats" not alive - see Prama reply #58 on this thread -)

:yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: 

(Ups, sounds like Daniel Bryan before he lost the title with Sheamus  :lol:)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 05:52:24 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

Thank you, everyone, for updating :ghug:

yes, :tu all!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Truly an India leg without being in India.

A leg with dead rats (not live ones as in TAR 1).

Teams still not completely reading their clues and instructions.

Except possibly for James and Abba, I have the impression the remaining surviving teams are fairly close in time of arrival, especially with the problems some teams had in getting from the detour to the pit stop.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
It has come to my attention that the 4th-placed team became 1st-place team at the next leg.

If Josh & Brent came in first at the next leg, it's going to be interesting. ;)

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
Oh, and yes, Natalie & Nadiya's placement is exactly the same as Brook & Claire's. 4th, 1st, 6th and 3rd :luvya:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
OMG, Nadiya can be so annoying.

My adoration for them has climbed from 25 to 75 to 50 and back to 25 percent within 4 legs. They are really annoying and rude.

Proves that Joab doesn't support all-female team all the time! :lol:

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
This was a slightly better leg, mainly because I got to know some of the teams a little better finally.  The loud girl team is obviously annoying to people on the race, though that is funny I suppose.  And the rockers had a problem stepping in something and that really preyed on the mind of one of them. :D

Otherwise the tasks still weren't that great.  I think they are in need of more mental puzzle tasks as well as more interesting and a greater variety of locations.  The FF was pretty easy I guess if you don't mind rats, and they didn't. 

And the whole leg, like the first one, was really just decided at the end and it was just because the boat people didn't go by the clue correctly.  Maybe if there are 2 locations on the clue it's up to the racers to make it clear where they have to go first.  Maybe they did though, it's hard to tell with the editing, and it was really just the locals fault yet again in the race.  I wish the tasks decided more, they still don't seem to take that long.

Also all teams got on the same flight, so no rush to get an earlier flight, a bit boring.

Trey is boring but Lexi is a bit cute and I have a feeling she might really lose it at some point, so I'm happy they stayed.  I was thinking it was going to be a non-elimination leg with all the negative stuff we heard from the eliminated team before they got to the mat.  However it wasn't that tough a leg and I expect NELs to be saved for those.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Never invite Nadiya and Natalie to your party. You will have a headache after 10 minutes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you speak from experience?  :ascared

Offline spolarium

• RFF Not So Newbie
Guys Im a fan of the title qoutaion when did they say it in Funk Monkey episode ?

Please reply.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Guys Im a fan of the title qoutaion when did they say it in Funk Monkey episode ?

Please reply.

Ryan & Abbie, inside the taxi, travelling from the airport to the RB location.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline spolarium

• RFF Not So Newbie
Tnx Alenaveda

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Speaking of the title quote, have they always been this irrelevent to the actual leg?

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
Speaking of the title quote, have they always been this irrelevent to the actual leg?

So far I only found the first episode title quote that is strongly relevant  :lol:
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF

So far I only found the first episode title quote that is strongly relevant  :lol:

Maybe because this season don't have a Vanessa, or a Rachel Reilly or a Bopper & Mark.  :res:

Just check the Memorable Quotes thread and see how many of them we had from TAR20 at this point and how many of this season:  zero.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 03:57:24 PM by Alenaveda »