Author Topic: Dutch Mole - Series 13 in South Africa [with English subtitles!]  (Read 28954 times)

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Dutch Mole - Series 13 in South Africa [with English subtitles!]
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2013, 05:31:19 AM »
Topita, among all challenges in all seasons of this show, which is your favorite? You've mentioned Mafia is among your favorite challenges, then what else?

I've only watched S12 and S13. My favorite challenges are "prisoner's dilemma" in EP4 of S12 and the Quartet game in EP11 of S12.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2013, 01:46:36 PM »
Topita, among all challenges in all seasons of this show, which is your favorite? You've mentioned Mafia is among your favorite challenges, then what else?

Hard to say because a lot of challenges are interwoven with the countries they took place in.
I guess if I go by series:

Series 2 (not one I watched frequently as I discovered the series after S3) in Schotland: A challenge similar to what happened in other Mole series, all three contestants being locked up and dependant of each other to succeed at the challenge. Each holding the 'key' to their lockup with puzzles they needed each other for to solve. Was quite a fun version of it. :)

Series 3 in Portugal: Lots of great challenges in this one imho.
Visually I loved the one where they were actually sitting on top of a plane to spot letters making up a word in total.
There was one in which they were in a church looking for wax statues of bodyparts symbolizing childhood illnesses they had to guess of the other contestants. But I think I loved the game in prison most - three of the remaining contestants went to do something, were watched by the fourth who could win an exemption if she got them to confess about what happened that day. There was a lot of psychology and stamina involved because if they didn't comply they were punished in the sense that they could no longer sit or lie down but had to remain standing. Tough challenge that was. :) But S3 was pretty great altogether imho.  :)

Series 4 in Canada: I think the one where all but two contestants were on a gigantic sailing boat, steering it, when the other two were in a museum trying to solve puzzles to give them the right coordinates. I also loved the one where contestants were all chained up with each other and had to rely on each other answering truthfully to unlock the locks - however they gradually got less and less light as their time limit drew closer. Plus the one where they were all trying to make a laser beam go through a large set of tunnels using mirrors, powered by one person who had to keep up the energy source by biking at the right speed.
Oh and the one where they were all doing different odd jobs somewhere in Montreal and during their day got a secret clue to meet up somewhere in one central place at a specific time. The people that got their got to ask the previous Mole some insights into the present Mole. :)

In terms of psychology I think there was a questioning game that was quite interesting. Three contestants did a certain activity and had to lie convincingly enough to the third one to make sure they didn't guess the right story belonging to the right person - for an exemption. It was interesting to see how some people dealt with trying to make the truth sound like a lie, and vice versa and how the fourth person was analyzing it.

Series 5 in Australia and Bali: Well the steamtrain challenge I think because it was so pretty. You can watch it on my channel it's in episode 3.
I also really loved the challenge where two of them had to plan the route (in a jeep by taking pictures) whilst the others later had to follow the same route by bike. Obviously that led to a lot of confusion and really beautiful scenes of Balinese landscapes. (episode 7).
The stuntflying was pretty fun too. :)

Series 6: I think the challenge where the contestants were running for their lives basically being hunted by some gaucho's .
Also another one was quite fun where they had laid out some points on the Argentinian pampa's like it was Amsterdam. So they had to find their way on the pampa's on horse, pretending to drive through Amsterdam instead. That was very amusing to see because they got very confused. :lol: The streetsgame was another favorite (lovely settings, good doublebluff involved as well). They also had one where they were visiting a high society Argentinian couple and all of them had secret missions during that diner, they had to fulfill without the hosts being suspicious or knowing about it. That one was quite fun too. :)
Also, the game in the subway. Contestants each were at a different subway station. Each had one suitcase with them with a destination on it worldwide. Each time they got to the next person, they had to determine which of the two was relatively closer to Buenos Aires where they were at the moment. The one closest could continue and so on. It was quite a tricky game because we're so used to thinking of distances relative to us in Europe, not from South America. :)

Series 7: A spectacularly high abseiling from Bayoke Tower in Bangkok, amongst other things. Plus one in which the contestant who just had a red screen, could stay in only if they managed to steal Molediaries from other contestants on a nighttrain. Plus cruising through Bangkok to several destinations being allowed to used 5 means of transport, each just once on a limited budget to try to get pieces of one puzzle/word in Thai. Lots of confusion there. :lol: Plus the meet your mole game in an elevator which was a complete mind**** ..you know what. ;)
Plus well, one of the biggest twists in Mole history which I will not reveal for that reason. ;)

Series 8: Mexico.. Love it!  :hearts: I loved the challenge where four contestants were looking for the other two, and were given very cryptic descriptions by a satnav, that was giving relative positions from where they were in Cancun. That obviously led to a lot of confusion. The other two had to hide the money to be earned in one of 10 pinata dolls all resembling the contestants. They had to use a logic the others could follow so they would smash the right one. Needless to say none of it all worked out very well. :lol:
I also loved the one where one of the rooms of one of the contestants was plastered with thousands of pictures of what they had already done, in which they had to find a few ones that would give them the right code..That really looked like a psycho killer room. :lol:
Plus the challenge where they had to convey a certain message in various codes. They started out with morse, the next pair had to use the semafore alphabet - the third pair was only allowed to use mimic and the 5th person in the chain was only allowed to draw/make a cartoon. That one was quite hilarious actually.  :lol3:
Oh and then there was the one where they had to make sure to find money on a huge Cruise ship without running into each other. Hilarious that was too in fact, and fun to watch.

Series 9, Ireland and Jordan: There was a Ben Hur type chase-game that I really loved, visually stunning. I also loved the game where they were playing a typical old fashioned Dutch board game but then huge scaled in an amphi theatre. Plus a photograph challenge in Petra. Jordan was just so beautiful really..

Series 10: I think the challenge where they had to find tubes throughout Nagasaki (episode 2 on my channel in case you want to see it).

S11 I would have to say the laserchallenge in episode 2, the cowherd and photo challenge in episode 5 and the volcano challenge in episode 7 because it looked so epic.S11 is all complete on my channel too.

S12, well yes I think the ones you mentioned. I did enjoy the dress up game too in the end but that was more because it was so funny. And the one where they had to guess what the Mole had bet on them to do, in terms of the abseiling. :)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 01:53:07 PM by Topita »
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2013, 07:28:51 AM »
That all being said, what better way to spend a lazy sunny Sunday than watching an all fresh episode of the Mole in South Africa?!!  :hearts:  :wohoo:

So enjoy!  ;)  :)

Time for Episode 7 of the Mole S13 in South Africa!!   :conf:  :wohoo:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/C8ws83IEsRM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/C8ws83IEsRM</a>
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2013, 12:35:46 AM »
I have two questions:

1) Where do those contestants executed go? I mean, do they fly back to Netherlands or is there a place like Survivor Ponderosa for them to be on vacation?

2) Though the rule says that nobody but the winner can get all money in the pot, do other contestants get some rewards in accordance with their rankings?

ETA: Is there any way to download the video clip and the CC subtitles you've uploaded onto Youtube and combine them? Sometimes it's not convenient for me to watch it online.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 01:59:34 AM by SuperTux »
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2013, 02:52:56 AM »
I have two questions:

1) Where do those contestants executed go? I mean, do they fly back to Netherlands or is there a place like Survivor Ponderosa for them to be on vacation?
They go home, on the whole. I can't speak for all contestants, some took out 3 weeks holidays anyway so perhaps some decided to stay on a bit where they were I think one contestants did so at least when on Bali (S5). Makes sense knowing most of us get limited holidays per  year.  :)

But normally they'd be going home. No 'Ponderosa' for sure, especially since in most cases the contestants would be flying back from different airports anyway.  ;)

2) Though the rule says that nobody but the winner can get all money in the pot, do other contestants get some rewards in accordance with their rankings?
Not that I know of. I know there has been talk of a small compensation for the Mole but tbh I have no idea of the amounts or if that's true at all. Production's said it's not the case so far I think. But we don't know either way.  :)
ETA: Is there any way to download the video clip and the CC subtitles you've uploaded onto Youtube and combine them? Sometimes it's not convenient for me to watch it online.

Just download the youtube and the subtitles separately. Should be easy enough plenty of youtube download software I think..
Then put it in the same folder and give it the same title/name. When starting up the video from that folder (containing the .srt file with the same name as the video) the subtitles should appear.  :)

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2013, 06:11:30 AM »
Thanks for your answers! :)
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2013, 05:48:05 AM »
Does Art know who the mole is this time? I know he knew it in the previous season.

Sometimes whether the host knows who the mole is or not makes a difference.

Also I'm guessing whether it'll work this time: in S12 my favorite contestant was Liesbeth Staats and she finally became
Show content
the runner-up
. This time my favorite contestant is Carolien Borgers (I really like her hairstyle and smile!), so she'll... ;)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 05:52:23 AM by SuperTux »
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2013, 02:57:53 PM »
Does Art know who the mole is this time? I know he knew it in the previous season.

Sometimes whether the host knows who the mole is or not makes a difference.
Yes I believe he does. He mentioned he preferred knowing in terms of how to host.  :)
Also I'm guessing whether it'll work this time: in S12 my favorite contestant was Liesbeth Staats and she finally became
Show content
the runner-up
. This time my favorite contestant is Carolien Borgers (I really like her hairstyle and smile!), so she'll... ;)
:lol3:
Well for what it's worth I definitely don't think she's the Mole.
I definitely think there's a good chance she's a finalist (I had her pegged as such from early on).
And I have been marking her the runner up for some time now. So I guess we'll see.  :)

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2013, 08:01:09 PM »
Have read the spoiler for F3.

Well I think we've spotted the right mole. Wow!
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2013, 02:27:51 AM »
Is this true: the mole never takes the initiative to make alliances?

P.S. Is it that most contestants are recruited by the WIDM crew, or many celebs will ask the crew if they can participate?

My feeling is that in this season some contestants are not WIDM fans... When Tania said in her confessional about the elimination of her suspect that "There are two moles, definitely," I really didn't know what to say.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 02:36:20 AM by SuperTux »
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2013, 04:00:18 PM »
Is this true: the mole never takes the initiative to make alliances?

Some have been more open in accepting them.
But thinking back on previous series I would say in general, no the Mole is not inclined to take the initiative, in general.

P.S. Is it that most contestants are recruited by the WIDM crew, or many celebs will ask the crew if they can participate?

Both ways I think. Some are really eager, some have busy filming schedules so can't always get the time off so are asked several times.

My feeling is that in this season some contestants are not WIDM fans... When Tania said in her confessional about the elimination of her suspect that "There are two moles, definitely," I really didn't know what to say.

True but Joep and Tim really were big fans of the show.  ;)
They usually bring at least one or two big fans, and also some people who have watched more occasionally.

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2013, 04:06:31 PM »
Time for episode 8..

*************** Caveat!!! ****************

The third challenge of this episode contains potential spoilers about previous series and Moles (Series 7 through Series 12).
So if you still want to watch those  my advice is that you may choose to avoid watching that challenge all together!!

The images are mostly in the background on the Drive-In cinema screen, but you may run the risk recognizing some as some come from Mole confessionals too. So watching it is at your own risk.  ;)

I have uploaded a separate video (2nd vid) with the relevant part with respect to this year's Mole.

Enjoy!  ;)  :)

Time for Episode 8 of the Mole S13 in South Africa!!   :conf:  :wohoo:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/W1fE4xQjjvw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/W1fE4xQjjvw</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mj_whKgaj9M" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mj_whKgaj9M</a>

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2013, 09:50:44 PM »
I like Art's hosting a lot. He reminds me of Anderson Cooper. :)
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2013, 06:35:50 AM »
Joep and Tim really were big fans of the show.  ;)
Then it's one thing to watch the show and it's another thing to play in it.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2013, 02:08:44 PM »
Joep and Tim really were big fans of the show.  ;)
Then it's one thing to watch the show and it's another thing to play in it.

Yes, but there's no telling.
Real fans tend to overthink things which may cause them to get executed (too) early.
On the other hand, if they stay in the game for more than 2 episodes they tend to do well actually.  ;)
One of them even went on to win it.  :)

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2013, 07:31:22 PM »
Time for episode 9, the Season Finale..
Make sure you dress up to look the part..  ;)

Enjoy!
  ;)  :)

Episode 9 of the Mole S13 in South Africa!!   :conf:  :wohoo:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XA52AP7adIs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XA52AP7adIs</a>

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2013, 11:22:46 PM »
Thanks for your translation and uploading!

I think I was the first person watching this episode uploaded onto Youtube according to the page view count. :) I loved this episode.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2013, 12:50:25 AM »
With the revelation of the last victim before F3, everything seems clear.

I think most people have known who the mole is. If I'm right, maybe it's better for future contestants to understand one thing: while most pure contestants would make themselves suspicious as the mole, the real mole would always try to be like a contestant by, for example, earning some money while they could have earned much more, or putting other people look suspicious.

Show content
the runner-up
Well for what it's worth I definitely don't think she's the Mole.
I definitely think there's a good chance she's a finalist (I had her pegged as such from early on).
And I have been marking her the runner up for some time now. So I guess we'll see.  :)

Maybe I'll define this as "Supertux's Curse". :lol3:
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2013, 12:56:05 AM »
With the revelation of the last victim before F3, everything seems clear.

I think most people have known who the mole is. If I'm right, maybe it's better for future contestants to understand one thing: while most pure contestants would make themselves suspicious as the mole, the real mole would always try to be like a contestant by, for example, earning some money while they could have earned much more, or putting other people look suspicious.

Though in essence I would very much like to agree with you, this has definitely not always been the case on the Dutch Mole anyway (or some international versions for that matter).
Strategies definitely varied, and though I'm not a big fan of those, it's not exactly always been like this.. Which I guess is good in the long run as much as I don't like those either, because it keeps you guessing - and in the end it's what keeps the series and the intrigue alive.

So no, you're not right in your assumptions regarding this, as far as I am concerned.. It all depends on the Mole and which strategy they adopted. If not, people would have figured it out ages ago and have lost interest - the series wouldn't have gone on for 13 editions.

That being said I have had the same Mole suspect since episode 2 so yeah. This series definitely points this way.. Thank goodness.  ;)

ETA: May I also remind you of your "% sure rates" of them being the Mole at the beginning of the series about your suspects.... ;)
Just saying.....
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:01:14 AM by Topita »

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2013, 04:34:05 AM »
ETA: May I also remind you of your "% sure rates" of them being the Mole at the beginning of the series about your suspects.... ;)
Just saying.....

I'd be eliminated so early in the game if I were in this season. :lol3:
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2013, 06:57:06 PM »
What if in an execution the number of the bottom two's correct answers are the same and they use the same amount of time?
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2013, 02:09:17 AM »
What if in an execution the number of the bottom two's correct answers are the same and they use the same amount of time?

If there's a tie, the deciding factor is time.
As far as I can tell it's never been a tie for time too. It's too much of a coincidence to occur I think, having both the exact amount of answers wrong as well as the time in seconds...

It's happened with winners they had the same amount of questions right but were mere seconds apart.
I don't expect that would happen with earlier episodes, ties are infrequent enough anyway in that sense.

I don't remember having heard anything about this potential occasion - I imagine maybe they would make a tie-breaker.
I don't think it's very likely to happen any day soon though and if it does happen I'm sure they'll find a way to figure it out in a way that makes one more deserving of staying than the other.  :)

By the way Tux I don't mind your questions  (at all  ;) ) and after all these years I definitely know more about the production of the series and what may be likelier or unlikely. But in the end I'm just a viewer so I really can't answer some of your questions except by extrapolating from what I know and deriving (from what's going on) by logic. For the record.  :)

I don't mind the questions don't get me wrong but I don't always have an answer to them and perhaps even production doesn't either (more likely than not) because some things just happen and there's not always a contigency plan for all situations, i.e. for things that are unlikely so I guess improvisation may come into it at times as well such as the untimely leaving of contestants due to illness or in this case alas, a severe accident.

We had a chatsession with Art recently. He mentioned they had made small adjustments wrt challenges after Janine's accident (such as the rope being a little more tight and easier to deal with in the rope-bridge/waterfall challenge. And they made minor adjustments on the challenge(s) right afterwards just to err on the safe side even more so. So yes I think it's not a static thing and sometimes they need to improvise too. :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 02:20:16 AM by Topita »

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2013, 01:28:00 AM »
Dank u voor uw antwoorden! (Is it like this? All Dutch I've learnt is from this show. :))

There's one thing I dislike about the Dutch Mole: the setting of the challenge for protecting the exemption. I don't think it's needed. First, people who've won the exemption deserve to have it indeed. If it ever comes to me, it would make me feel like wasting my energy and being played to win an exemption and lose it in the protection challenge. Second, it's strange that it isn't the case that there's always a protection challenge after someone gets the exemption. Then it seems unfair to me to see that while in S13 the exemption to F3 required the receiver to protect it (the helicopter and laser gun challenge), in S12 the exemption to F3 didn't require so.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 01:32:08 AM by SuperTux »
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2013, 12:27:57 AM »
That's not always the case though Supertux wrt exemptions being won and whether or not people need to defend them.
More often nót than it ís in fact. Not sure what the reason is, I guess for drama/ television and maybe for the Mole to win it back and not earn the money perhaps. I don't know.

I do agree with you that it's not necessary imho, as people fought hard to earn it in the first place. 
I don't know, but it's definitely not always the case.

As for fair, well I'm afraid a lot of things on this show are not 'fair'. I mean, was it fair that
Show content
Ewout
was the first to leave?
Obviously that person wasn't hedging their bets enough, but to be fair: the first challenge was a dropping and the second the bungee jumping. The first episode is always the hardest for lack of information, but this one even more so because there was little exposure to Mole-ish sabotage. Plus due to all the exemptions being won their chances of leaving were one in six if the Mole was among the people with an exemption, and one in five if that was not the case.

So yeah, unfair maybe but sometimes in this game you also just have to be lucky I guess.  :)

But I do agree that it was sad that after all that
Show content
Daniel still had to leave after making his test worst.
At least they really enjoyed themselves.  :)

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2013, 07:12:47 AM »
I agree that it's always sad for the first person out of the game. But for those first victims who don't understand the meaning of hedging their bets and go for only one person in the very early episodes (which happened a lot in other versions), all I can say is they don't understand the gameplay.

Before the finale airs, I'd like to make a guess about the comment Art said in the "Big-Five" challenge in EP4 that "unfortunately you've missed a lot of money." I guess that refers to those three tubes in Tim's hands. Maybe there was a clue that could explain to contestants what was inside the tube in some place on the road...
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。