Author Topic: Dutch Mole - Series 13 in South Africa [with English subtitles!]  (Read 28951 times)

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
The new location for series 13 of the Dutch Mole is known... : South Africa!!!!  :wohoo:  :yess:  :colors

The first footage that was released was taken, as it seems (and recognized by my SA friends) in Soweto, Johannesburg, more specifically in the Regina Mundi church. :)

Eight of the new contestants have been revealed, the last 2 will be revealed later today at the Televizier golden ring awards, for which the program has been nominated. It's kind of like the Dutch version of the Emmies.
They've been nominated 5 or 6 times now out of the 12 seasons.. But they missed out by a mere 100 or so votes last times (it's a public vote). The problem is that other programs that are their competitors are on air now (as opposed to the Mole) campaigning.. I hope they finally win it this time..

At any rate... Here's the first footage of those 8 known contestants in SA:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dMC-ouAmEFE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dMC-ouAmEFE</a>

Featured contestants:

* Daniel Boissevain (actor)
* Carolien Borgers (comedian)
* Zarayda Groenhart (tv hostess and VJ)
* Paulien Cornelisse (comedian)
* Joep van Deudekom (comedian)
* Janine Abbring (tv and radio hostess)
* Tim Haars (actor)
* Tania Kross (soprano, singer).
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 06:37:54 AM by Topita »
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Dutch Mole - Series 13 in South Africa [with English subtitles!]
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 01:50:26 PM »
The first group photo of the new contestants of S13 in SA was released a few hours ago.  :wohoo:  :hearts:

From left to right:

* Zarayda Groenhart (hostess tv shows, former VJ)
* Joep van Deudekom (comedian)
* Tim Haars (actor, tv host)
* Kees Tol (actor)
* Carolien Borgers (comedian)
* Ewout Genemans (actor, tv host)
* Tania Kross (soprano, (opera) singer).
* Daniël Boissevain (actor in tv drama's)
* Janine Abbring (tv and radio host)
* Paulien Cornelisse (comedian)

Soo... any hunches or speculations about the Mole yet?? :sab

Also, two notes:
1) One contestant had a rather bad accident and was operated on in SA, so they were eliminated because of that.
Any information about this I request to be via PM with me and NOT to be put in this topic as I don't want people to be spoilt who don't want to. So please kindly refrain from any comments about this in this topic!!

2. This is the first time we're having an opera singer among the contestants.  :tup:
Also this is the first time the Mole ever visited the African continent in all the international series as far as I know.  :)

Personally I'm very excited about this, I think SA will be a wonderful location!  :hearts:  :colors
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 06:54:43 PM »
Will you be translating this series as well?

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 06:58:37 PM »
Will you be translating this series as well?
I plan to yes if I can find some help from friends. :)
It's a lot of work though, so I can't make any solid promises yet, especially with deadlines at work and other IRL stuff.
But if I can, I will. :)

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 08:43:13 PM »
 :hoot: :hoot: :hoot:

Bring them on please...  :roses: :please: :dancer:
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 12:53:17 AM »
So is this a Celebrity version? Or is this like The Amazing Race Asia, where a lot of the contestants have ties to the entertainment industry but they try to say that it's a show for ordinary people?
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 01:04:17 AM »
So is this a Celebrity version? Or is this like The Amazing Race Asia, where a lot of the contestants have ties to the entertainment industry but they try to say that it's a show for ordinary people?

As far as I know (after watching season 12, 10 and some other tiny bits..) The dutch version of the mole is always consist of people coming from enterntainment industry or notable people such as book collectors, novel writers, fine artisans, stage performers, quiz hosts, famous athletes, etc.. I think this one is designed to be like that.. Hemm..
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 05:02:41 AM »
Yeah it's a celeb version.  :)

I actually know a few this time., after viewing their pics, CV's and what the internet provides ito information.  :lol:

So yeah, celebs, more so even this time since almost everyone I speak to knows at least 3 or so of them.  :lol3:
(I never watch Dutch drama or soaps hence me not being quite representative in this respect  :lol: )
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 05:10:55 AM by Topita »

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 05:09:21 AM »
:hoot: :hoot: :hoot:

Bring them on please...  :roses: :please: :dancer:
:hearts:
We will if we can and trust me I will move mountains to..  :lol:

Love those smilies btw! :hoot: :dancer:

I'm sooooo ready for this season....
At first glance I would say the Mole is either Male or Zarayda or Tania (the latter being less likely imh though people like her have been moles befoe :P ) I'm sorry if this seems inappropriate but they do feel more suspicious to me at first glance and my instincts on female moles have been better than on the male ones sofar lol... (though not for international series, I caught almost all of the UK, US and AUS moles sofar.. )  :lol:

Still, good chance the Mole is male in this series imho at very first and based-on-hardly-anything glance.. I think 4 of the guys could well be the way I see it (not too sure about Kees Tol but then I don't know him either really...)

Hopefully the interviews at the press conference in December will shed a bit more light..  :lol:

To be continued..  :)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 05:21:37 AM by Topita »

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 02:33:27 AM »
Hi everyone!  :reindeer

As promised I'm back with an update.  :cmas16
The press release/presentation was held last Monday and we got our first Mole Mail containing exclusive footage of the first episode of the new series in South Africa!!  :cmas9

Also interviews with the new contestants on what it was like keeping their mouth shut for such a long time (as this is one of the best kept secrets in this country or maybe indeed the world.  :cmaslol )

Hope you enjoy it!!  :)
Feel free to share your first suspicions :sab

Oh and by the way I am told that the location they are going to was used in TAR Season 7 as well.  :cmas22

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jyc1-Kv3sjA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jyc1-Kv3sjA</a>

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 05:44:16 AM »
Judging from Mole Mail #1 I guess the last woman talking in this clip is the Mole. :cmaslol

ETA: Or the winner.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 05:53:41 AM by SuperTux »
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 08:16:49 AM »
Judging from Mole Mail #1 I guess the last woman talking in this clip is the Mole. :cmaslol

Mja sorry to dissapoint you but no, Janine (last woman in vid) is neither.
Don't want to spoil anything but I think it's best you know straight ahead to avoid confusion. :)

Janine had an accident early on in the series (not sure when exactly, ep 2 or 3 max I think). :(
She was hospitalized and operated on, because of a fractured vertebra - therefore incapacitated to continue.

I wasn't sure to which degree this would be discussed/out in the open and didn't want to spoil stuff for you guys either :(
But since it's now been out in the open by the way they brought it to light well, I would suggest to just take her out of the equasion. :)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 08:23:51 AM by Topita »

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 08:32:51 PM »

Mja sorry to dissapoint you but no, Janine (last woman in vid) is neither.
Don't want to spoil anything but I think it's best you know straight ahead to avoid confusion. :)

Janine had an accident early on in the series (not sure when exactly, ep 2 or 3 max I think). :(
She was hospitalized and operated on, because of a fractured vertebra - therefore incapacitated to continue.

I wasn't sure to which degree this would be discussed/out in the open and didn't want to spoil stuff for you guys either :(
But since it's now been out in the open by the way they brought it to light well, I would suggest to just take her out of the equasion. :)

Oh, sorry to hear that... Hope she's well now.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2012, 05:35:57 AM »
Oh, sorry to hear that... Hope she's well now.
She's doing well, on the mend in her own words. :) It was a very serious injury requiring an intricate operation.
But they did a really good job, and she's recovering quite well. :)

Could have been a lot worse though, so quite shocking - these things can happen in an instant, quite scary when you think about it. There was nothing that could have prevented it, she didn't hit any rocks or whatever and,the water wasn't too shallow either. She just arched her back a little bit too much in her jump and hit the water wrong. The impact/force of hitting the water fractured the vertebra. :( Glad all is ok though, even if she's still recovering. :)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 05:43:50 AM by Topita »

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 07:06:48 PM »
First episode of series 13 is airing tonight i.e. January 3rd, 8.30 PM CET!  :hearts:  :conf:  :yess:

Can't wait!!  :luvya:

Here's the sneak preview. :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VkJJ5AVFJwA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VkJJ5AVFJwA</a>
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 08:46:37 PM by Topita »

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 02:17:45 AM »
Recently here the IPV6 route for Youtube hasn't been working well. It often says "An error occured. Please try it again."

Hope I watch this season smoothly.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 06:57:27 AM »
I hope so too Supertux.  :)

This pic was tweeted by host Art Rooijakkers a few hours ago.  :colors

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 07:20:34 PM »
Kudos to you! EP1 has been uploaded on Youtube! :kuss:

After pressing F5 for many times I think it is watchable here now... Waiting for its buffering.

ETA: Damn... I watched 6:44 minutes and it said "an error occured"...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 07:50:04 PM by SuperTux »
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 08:45:20 PM »
Uhm ok not sure what you've been watching?  :)

Unfortunately I had a laptop crisis/hardware crash this weekend. :(
So I lost some of the subtitles that were done, and had to buy a new one.. But hopefully we're back on track now.  :)

Here's episode 1 of Series 13 in South Africa!!  :hearts:  :hearts:  :hearts:
Hope you'll all enjoy it!!!  :hrt:  :luvya:

In order to see the English subtitles: Please press the 'cc' or 'subtitle' button on the right lower corner of your you tube video.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yLELIF7Hhhc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yLELIF7Hhhc</a>
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 08:51:11 PM by Topita »

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 12:52:42 AM »
Unfortunately I had a laptop crisis/hardware crash this weekend. :(
So I lost some of the subtitles that were done, and had to buy a new one.. But hopefully we're back on track now.  :)

I'm sorry to hear about your laptop crisis... :ascared We're expecting the following episodes. :)

I have no idea after watching the first episode. Here's my comment:

Show content
Generally speaking, the Mole doesn't care who gets the exemption. This is to infer the Mole was among those five in the second group in the challenge. But anyway, WIDM is never what it appears to be. The only contribution in this episode was to give the Mole a very good cover.

ETA:
Show content
Judging from the fact that the Mole would always want to cover himself/herself, he/she would like to tender the idea of not giving "the trusted" the exemption because other contestants would definitely love to do so. Now I guess the Mole was among the first group to guess in the challenge. :)

Now the #1 suspect in my mind is:
Show content
Tim, who didn't get on the van with Janine initially. He was also in the first group to guess.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 06:47:35 PM by SuperTux »
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2013, 12:45:13 PM »
Interesting thoughts and observations Supertux!  :)
I have been thinking along similar lines in fact, about which group would make more sense for the Mole.
Thing is, it will depend largely on the kind of Mole tactic this year's Mole has chosen.  :)

Hopefully we'll get more impressions from the next episode!
Here's the 1 minute preview for episode 2 of the Mole in S.A. :

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/aoplhL7gmLo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/aoplhL7gmLo</a>

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2013, 09:58:33 PM »
Time for Episode 2 of the Mole S13 in South Africa!!  :luvya:  :wohoo:

Feel free to share your thoughts and suspicions! :sab  :)
I for one would love to read/hear them!  :)  :hrt:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rAiGwDv_xeU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rAiGwDv_xeU</a>

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2013, 05:22:03 AM »
Four contestants have been excluded in my mole list.

Show content
Zarayda, Janine, Kees, Paulien.

I'm not very sure about
Show content
Tania
. She's TOO active in this episode. But I think she's on the right track. She's not the Mole because a mole won't take the initiative to make an alliance.

In the quiz,
Show content
Tim's
suspects and
Show content
Caroline's
were opposite. Both of them evaded elimination. I guess one of them is the Mole.

Show content
Joep
thought
Show content
Carolien, Tim, Kees and Paulien
were all not mole and thus got eliminated.

My Mole list by now:
Show content
1. Tim
2. Daniel
3. Caroline
4. Tania
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2013, 08:20:56 AM »
Interesting!  :)

I get your reasoning for Tania but not so much for Carolien tbh.
Don't you think it's slightly problematic that she
Show content
pushes on to win them €1000,- - in effect €2000,- because they would have lost it had they failed - when she could have just as easily failed?
She would have had a good excuse.. Heroism cover or not I personally don't think it's likely the Mole would do that..

But I  guess we'll have to wait and see.  :)

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2013, 06:46:18 PM »
Interesting!  :)

I get your reasoning for Tania but not so much for Carolien tbh.
Don't you think it's slightly problematic that she
Show content
pushes on to win them €1000,- - in effect €2000,- because they would have lost it had they failed - when she could have just as easily failed?
She would have had a good excuse.. Heroism cover or not I personally don't think it's likely the Mole would do that..

But I  guess we'll have to wait and see.  :)

True. :) I haven't excluded her in my mole list yet.

I have a question: in this season there are always people in the background in Art's monologue. What does that infer? ???

ETA: Another question: has it ever happened that the Mole got so badly injured in a challenge that s/he had to be evacuated from the game? What would the crew do in this case? To choose a new mole from the contestants?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 06:58:15 PM by SuperTux »
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。