Author Topic: Australian Season 3 CONFIRMED for 2014!  (Read 103389 times)

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
Re: Australian Season 3 NOT confirmed yet - Future remains unclear
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2013, 05:08:56 AM »
Grant said he would be more than happy to host a 3rd season if it fits in with his schedule. Though I do know about some other people being 'trained' for the hosting position in the past especially for the second season.
Can you tell us who? (I have big money on Grant Denyer)

I don't remember his name but he was a retired AFL star looking to get into TV presenting and it wasn't Ben Cousins.

Offline DaveyCaper

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2013, 08:22:42 AM »
Well, hopefully there is a third season as I thought the second season was very strong!

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2013, 10:10:17 AM »
Well, hopefully there is a third season as I thought the second season was very strong!
I agree. Season 2 was comparable to some of the better TARUS seasons (minus some poor leg designs in the middle of the race) but did it get the ratings 7 wanted (even thought the show aired after Australia's Got No Talent for the 1st half of the season which was ratting badly last year and the timeslot changes to TARAU)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 04:27:18 PM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2013, 12:31:02 AM »

Someone might have a good speculation and/or explanation of what's happening in Melbourne CBD and Sydney CBD at the same time...

First, I thought it's a local race because they wear uniform, but then there's a logo (that seems a little legit/official) of TAR Australia...

Multiple sightings of contestants in Melbourne, Australia.

That's too far to be true?!   :ascared

???

Binny Hendrix ‏@binnyhendrix

'The Amazing Race' people running around Melbourne CBD right now. Wonder if they're legit.

Retweet
    Favorite

10:55 PM - 13 Jun 13

https://twitter.com/binnyhendrix/status/345373853746356225

Amazing Race hits McKillop St?
@klacy
http://t.co/DQOHtJQojb

The Amazing Race competitors getting my business card is a checkpoint? :/
@rjase

Just went for a walk in Southbank in Melbourne. Is there another Australian Amazing Race coming up?
@john_tamb
http://t.co/QCMXtH6bir

Almost got bowled over a bunch of times by these guys all wearing different coloured shirts, amazing race run! Sydney city CBD
@eedyyh

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2013, 12:34:39 AM »
Probably a local race. I don't think it would be smart for them to wear shirts advertising TARAus :lol:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2013, 12:38:04 AM »
Probably a local race. I don't think it would be smart for them to wear shirts advertising TARAus :lol:

But then, there's this thing that we called 'copyright', un-official organization/institution must have had permission from the franchise to print the logo on those shirts...

Maybe they're from radio crew or some sort... ???

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2013, 01:25:48 AM »
There's no visible camera crews so its just an unofficial local race.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2013, 05:59:48 AM »

So far we've got Pink, Orange, Yellow, and now Black team... :lol:

and so far happened in 2 cities, Melb & Sydney

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2013, 10:22:36 AM »
I agree with theamazingracer21, its indeed in fact a local race.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: June 14, 2013, 10:56:22 AM »

So far we've got Pink, Orange, Yellow, and now Black team... :lol:

Adding the Red and Green team... ;D

Offline tar fan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2013, 01:04:19 AM »
It happened in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide. Someone on the TARAU page said that the people were asked who they were from and they said SBS. I rang SBS today, and both Sydney and Melbourne offices had no idea about it.

Offline RealityFan37

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2013, 07:56:16 PM »
I have it on good authority that if The Mole does not rate well, Channel 7 will film a new series of The Amazing Race - possibly even later this year, so it's ready to go early/mid 2014.
If The Mole rates well, Channel 7 will make another series of that instead. Likely due to the fact it is way cheaper to produce and make.

So if we want to see another series of The Amazing Race Australia we want to hope The Mole does not rate well.
It will be on 3 nights a week though, coming on after House Rules.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2013, 09:40:36 PM »

I hope there's another Channel willing to buy the TAR license from Channel-7

Maybe channel 9 or 10 wanna have a breakthrough..?!

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: June 20, 2013, 12:37:33 AM »

I hope there's another Channel willing to buy the TAR license from Channel-7

Maybe channel 9 or 10 wanna have a breakthrough..?!
The only channle that would make TAR other then 7 is Fox8 (On Foxtel). They are the only other channle that has the licence to air TARUS(they are currentily airing TARUS-18 on Thursdays)

I have it on good authority that if The Mole does not rate well, Channel 7 will film a new series of The Amazing Race - possibly even later this year, so it's ready to go early/mid 2014.
If The Mole rates well, Channel 7 will make another series of that instead. Likely due to the fact it is way cheaper to produce and make.

So if we want to see another series of The Amazing Race Australia we want to hope The Mole does not rate well.
It will be on 3 nights a week though, coming on after House Rules.
I dont see The Mole working 3 nights a week. I don't think it will rate but who knows.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 12:45:04 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline wanzhoutjt

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2013, 04:54:45 AM »
TARAU is so great a version that I love it more than TAR-US. Hope TARAU have its third season... But who knows? The Mole is also a great show, right?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2013, 08:44:12 AM »
 :welcome: to RFF wanzhoutjt!! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #116 on: July 07, 2013, 09:44:14 AM »
At the rate the Mole is going, I do hope it continues to decline in ratings just so The Amazing Race Australia is brought back for a 3rd season. Stupid stupid move channel 7!

I have been talking to a lot of people and they prefer TARAus over The Mole because at the prescribed timeslot The Mole is currently getting (primetime 7:30PM) they have had to almost dumb down the entire gameplay to make it more 'family/kid friendly' and this has almost been taken in a mocking or comical approach from original diehard Mole fans. The race doesn't need to do that to be able to cater to everyone which is why even at the 9PM timeslot the second series premiered at last year it attracted more views than the meager 650k the latest Mole episode received!

The Race also has an eclectic mix of likeable characters and not so likeable villains but almost in a tongue-in-chic fashion (Paul acknowledge and almost accepted the role of the villain last season) and has a genuine rollercoaster of emotions whereas I am finding myself HATING the male contestants on The Mole and disliking a lot of the female contestants too (and the 3 episode a week format enhances this).

The Race should have NEVER been replaced with The Mole and I do hope 7 are paying the consequences for it now. They should've used the AGT budget for The Mole but keep TARAus and have them both airing around the same time but on different nights in my opinion (or at least one in the first quarter and the other in the next quarter) (and also getting rid of ridiculous [cheaper to produce but nevertheless moronic at best] shows like Please Marry My Boy and Beauty & The Geek Australia).

RANT over but I seriously do hope someone associated with 7 sees my post and brings The Amazing Race Australia back! :hoot:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: July 07, 2013, 10:46:43 AM »

I can see you tarauslover ;)

And neither do I like that marry my boy show...  :stare

I feel degraded if somehow my mom do something like that...

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: July 07, 2013, 08:29:22 PM »
I swear I used to prefer The Mole to The Amazing Race until I watched The Mole Australia season 6.

What a dumb show it is. No challenges is original. So slow-paced and dull. I'm very very disappointed.

Seven Network you killed my favorite show
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: July 11, 2013, 02:00:15 AM »
With The Mole going down in the ratings in, my recommendation is to keep your ears open for season 3 speculation. I wouldn't be surprised if they downsize a little bit. I am thinking 10 teams with 1 from NZ to drum up excitement across the Tasman(like MKR3) and 11 legs instead of 12/13.  Hopfully the overall quality of the show does not suffer and I think I speak for all of us when I say 1 episode a week (#don'tmoleusagain7). Also I wouldn't be surprised if 7 try and get more syndication deals for TARAu to compensate for some of the shows budget (they recently sold the rights to air TARAu in South Africa)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 02:30:20 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2013, 02:04:46 AM »
I am thinking 10 teams with 1 from NZ to drum up excitement across the Tasman(like MKR3) and 11 legs instead of 12/13. 

NO. Please no. I don't really care much about less legs, but please not a team from NZ, we don't want to see that.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2013, 02:08:42 AM »
I am thinking 10 teams with 1 from NZ to drum up excitement across the Tasman(like MKR3) and 11 legs instead of 12/13. 

NO. Please no. I don't really care much about less legs, but please not a team from NZ, we don't want to see that.
Would you rather TARAu not come back at all.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: July 11, 2013, 02:22:13 AM »

Would you rather TARAu not come back at all.

No of course I wouldn't, but mark my words, it won't happen. It's ridiculously gimmicky.

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2013, 02:36:35 AM »
Ally would've been perfect for the race actually, her personality is not suited for a 'serious' game like the Mole. Her antics would have been hilarious on the race providing she had the right partner and the right teams to piss her off! :funny:

Seven will probably be looking to cut costs if they bring the race back but hopefully that doesn't mean cutting down the number of episodes or exotic destinations too much. That is if Seven can still keep a hold on it and 9 doesn't offer something better as they'd probably be in contention for it.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2013, 03:18:02 AM »
As I said before, I speculate less episodes/legs and one less team but hopefully the same quality production.