Author Topic: Australian Season 3 CONFIRMED for 2014!  (Read 103423 times)

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Australian Season 3 NOT confirmed yet - Future remains unclear
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2013, 05:12:06 PM »
Has anyone heard any news about TARAU lately.

Offline tar fan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2013, 02:06:29 PM »
Haven't heard anything at all since new years.  :'(

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2013, 10:00:12 PM »
An update on TARAU 3 will (hopefully) occur in the coming days as TV Tonight will do their program wrap for 7 for the upcoming year. (TV tonight have done their wraps for 9 and 10)

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2013, 10:56:10 PM »
An update on TARAU 3 will (hopefully) occur in the coming days as TV Tonight will do their program wrap for 7 for the upcoming year. (TV tonight have done their wraps for 9 and 10)

The race will probably not happen this year (as in air) unless they really get the green light from 7 soon and start to cast and plan things out to film if they wanna air before the end of the ratings season (which is end of November). I'm trying to see if any timeslots have become available that are potentially good for 7 to slot TARAus in and get adequate ratings as I would rather them get great ratings which continues the franchise than cram a 3rd season in and get luke-warm ratings. It looks like potentially Beauty and the Geek will be moved up earlier this year so that could possibly make way for TARAus to get decent ratings as that is the only reason why Beauty and the Geek did well at the end of last year (as there wasn't anything else on any of the other networks).

Also remember the AACTA Awards Ceremony is tonight so stay tuned to see how TARAus fares in both its nominations.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2013, 11:03:16 PM »
I don't think they will do that. The end of the year is when TAR 23 will most likely air.

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2013, 11:06:52 PM »
I don't think they will do that. The end of the year is when TAR 23 will most likely air.

OK so when do you predict a 3rd season would air if it does air this year?

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2013, 11:11:26 PM »

Maybe this year is a skip year and TARAU 3 might come back next year but who knows they could do the unlikily option of Sep - Nov but who knows.

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2013, 11:18:45 PM »

Maybe this year is a skip year and TARAU 3 might come back next year but who knows they could do the unlikily option of Sep - Nov but who knows.

Both options are likely, it might be too much Reality TV for viewers to handle if the race was chucked in with the Mole as well. Wasn't there someone on this forum that heard from an inside source about 7 planning on alternating the mole and the race every year?

And Active seem to be alternating as well between filming for the Israeli race (I mean season 2 filmed way back in March 2011 so it's been almost 2 years since) and the Aussie race and they like to recycle tasks/destinations from both, so if  3rd season does happen perhaps we'll see countries like New Zealand, Thailand, Japan, Korea and Spain?

Time will tell I guess but I am just hoping 7 do update us and tvtonight on the situation as it all is very vague right now!

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2013, 04:14:23 AM »
The AACTA awards results are in and TARAU
has won the best reality award but lost the best direction award.
Source:http://m.theaustralian.com.au/arts/six-awards-makes-the-sapphires-the-jewel-of-2nd-aacta-ceremony/story-e6frg8n6-1226565345131
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 10:52:13 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2013, 10:06:20 AM »
The AACTA awards results are in and TARAU
Show content
has won the best reality award but lost the best direction award.
Source:http://m.theaustralian.com.au/arts/six-awards-makes-the-sapphires-the-jewel-of-2nd-aacta-ceremony/story-e6frg8n6-1226565345131

I know congratulations to the entire team! Now Seven has no excuse not to renew it and start developing and casting for a 3rd season! C'mon an International Emmy and now an AACTA award, what more do you guys want?

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2013, 03:38:58 PM »
7's programming wrap is here and

“There are a number of announcements to come for the back half of the year including Beauty & The Geek, Amazing Race and so forth. A lot of things are in the mix, and things will become clearer in the coming months.”

Judging by this they are planing to put it on at the back end of the year.

Source: http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2013/01/programmers-wrap-2013-seven.html

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2013, 08:20:43 PM »

“There are a number of announcements to come for the back half of the year including Beauty & The Geek, Amazing Race and so forth. A lot of things are in the mix, and things will become clearer in the coming months.”

We should be getting an announcement soon and it depends on the financial report and their budget whether they can squeeze it into the back half of this year or early next year. All I can say is that a future season should definitely be happening, it's just a question of when. I know some teams that were contacted late last year but were told the season might not happen for a while so just to still confirm whether they were available and willing to do it.

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2013, 08:19:40 AM »

What months are considered the "back end of the Year" for Australian TV?

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2013, 09:00:14 AM »

What months are considered the "back end of the Year" for Australian TV?

I would say September to November

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2013, 01:32:10 AM »
Has anyone heard anything.

Offline tar fan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2013, 09:07:45 AM »
There has been some movement. That's all I know.   :)

Offline marylandboy234

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2013, 12:15:22 PM »
we should be seeing or hearing something since it usually airs in May ???

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2013, 04:47:34 PM »
Our current theory is that they will film it during (Australia's) winter (June-August) for a spring Airing (September-November); basically it will follow a production cycle like what TARUS 23 would do

Who knows they could even pool their resources and do a similar route to each other (I heard that somthing like that could of happen between TARUS and TARI a couple of years ago)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 01:22:34 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2013, 06:33:21 PM »
Our theory is that they will film it during (Australia's) winter (June-August) for a spring Airing (September-November); basically it will follow a production cycle like what TARUS 23 would do

Who knows they could even pool their resources and do a similar route to each other (I heard that somthing like that could of happen between TARUS and TARI a couple of years ago)

Equals 7 losing shocking amounts of viewers from TARAus, if it airs even one hour later. Ain't gonna happen.

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2013, 10:30:36 PM »
There won't be a season 3 this year (well going to air anyways). One could potentially film for a 2014 season but they are letting The Mole run its course and seeing how it fares as that looks like the replacement to this year's race. There was a rumour about the race and the mole alternating in different years so we'll see how that holds up...

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2013, 02:46:16 PM »
With the TV show "Defiance" just being renewed for a second season, I wonder what will mean for TAR Aus?

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2013, 07:14:36 AM »
With the TV show "Defiance" just being renewed for a second season, I wonder what will mean for TAR Aus?
At first I didn't know what you meant by "Defence" but I looked it up and it was Grant's show.

Let me answer your question by going back memory lane (cue cheesy flash-back effect). Back in the early 2000's Grant hosted a reality show for 7 called "The Mole" (Which is coming back this year). One season he could't host the show due to something popping up so they got in another host for that season with some other guy (I think his name was Tom)

So to answer your question If 7 want to do another season of TARAU and they can't get Grant they will get another host to take over (It happened before and it could happen again)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2013, 10:15:20 AM »
Or they can get another host for the other shows. Phil does more than one thing, timing can always be arranged.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2013, 10:56:44 PM »
Grant said he would be more than happy to host a 3rd season if it fits in with his schedule. Though I do know about some other people being 'trained' for the hosting position in the past especially for the second season.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2013, 12:40:04 AM »
Grant said he would be more than happy to host a 3rd season if it fits in with his schedule. Though I do know about some other people being 'trained' for the hosting position in the past especially for the second season.
Can you tell us who? (I have big money on Grant Denyer)