Author Topic: Australian Season 3 CONFIRMED for 2014!  (Read 103405 times)

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Australian Season 3 NOT confirmed yet - Future remains unclear
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2012, 03:08:30 AM »
7 have fallen the axe on

2 of it's initials are T and A

Show content
Australia's Got (No) Talent

The show is facing disapointing ratting and rising cost in which 7 have chosen to drop the axe on this sad excuse of a show.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/10/axed-australias-got-talent.html

AGT caused TAR to have horrable rattings for the 1st half of the season. Ths cancluation plus 7's kind reminder about apps means we are (well TARAU) most likeily back in business.

It also means local TV idiot Kyle Sandilands has no TV career (until another networks pay top dollar for this dumb idiot)(for US readers think of him as Charlie Sheen , famous but dosen't deserve to at all yet networks pay top dollar for him, really the only difference is that Charlie Sheen can act (poorly) while Kyle can't act full stop)

Gota scared didn't I.

Update : 9 has nabbed  AGT just hours after 7 axes the show . Althought this dosent effect TARAU , I am just pointing it out.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 06:49:57 PM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2012, 03:41:37 AM »

it does brought a bad rating on season 2... TBH, I even can't catch up my schedule for LIVE shows for the last 4/5 episodes, used to be live updater but then I can't cope with the timeslot :(

hopefully with reducing clash with other great franchises, season 3 can be amazing...!  :luvya:

p.s. I love what they did with the poster on the back of the bus or the big billboard, new design  ;)

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2012, 05:34:01 AM »
I thought season 2 was amazing anyway, better than the first season (which wasn't bad).

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2012, 05:19:59 PM »
Well they have to come soon if the racers want to come back before Xmas.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2012, 12:35:42 AM »
Heres some more confiting news.

TARAU ranked 7th on the best of TV 2012.(according to farfax media)

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/best-tv-shows-of-2012-20121127-2a5qw.html

7. The Amazing Race Australia (Seven)

ASIDE from laconic host Grant Bowler, the key element that makes The Amazing Race Australia so much fun to watch is the excellent casting. This year, producers again mixed together a compelling group of heroes and villains. This year's cast boasted identical twins (both rugby league cheerleaders and devotees of peroxide and orange-skin tanning), indigenous Australian cousins, a pair of Melbourne cops, a brother-sister combination and two quirky hairdressers, Sue and Teresa. Then there was Sticky, who was born without a left forearm. Watching this enterprising and relentlessly upbeat youngster compete was an unadulterated joy
The only realty show that ranked higher was The Voice (Ranked 6th and is over rated, airs on Nine). Top on the list was Homeland (airs on TEN)

Side note: I cant belive they forgot to menton Emilia and Lucy.

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2012, 07:13:10 AM »
All of this is looking good but we still have not heard anything from Active or Seven which is unusually strange, as I'm pretty sure that casting for the Mole which seemed to be the show that was overtaking the race has ended by now. There is just no activity whatsoever which makes me wonder if they are holding it off altogether until 2014? Thoughts anyone?

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2012, 07:47:55 AM »
All of this is looking good but we still have not heard anything from Active or Seven which is unusually strange, as I'm pretty sure that casting for the Mole which seemed to be the show that was overtaking the race has ended by now. There is just no activity whatsoever which makes me wonder if they are holding it off altogether until 2014? Thoughts anyone?

I agree. I guess TARAU3 will be put off till 2014.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2012, 10:23:21 PM »

It could film in the first 1/2 of the year (when The Mole is airing), and air in the second half (when The Mole is filming).

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2012, 11:02:14 PM »

It could film in the first 1/2 of the year (when The Mole is airing), and air in the second half (when The Mole is filming).

Thats an idea. A change of filming time to change the seasons to try new locations (by seasons i mean weather ie a place that is amazing in winter but unavalbale in summer)

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2012, 11:58:39 PM »

Thats an idea. A change of filming time to change the seasons to try new locations (by seasons i mean weather ie a place that is amazing in winter but unavalbale in summer)

That could potentially happen, I know that they will probably resume the audition and casting process for the race probably after the new year, as the Mole has been the main focus up until now. They are probably also waiting for Active to clear up their commitment in helping co-produce the Ukrainian Amazing Race.

And the Mole would be a good cover up to distract everyone from potentially spoiling the race although I know that the Mole is filming for a really long time (January to April it was stated you needed to be available).

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2012, 01:58:14 PM »
7 are still on the fence with the show. Could a win or loose at the AACTA discide it's fate.

Sourse :http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/12/roadblock-on-amazing-race-australia-renewal.html

It won an International Emmy Award for activeTV and was praised by viewers and critics alike, but what is the future for The Amazing Race Australia?

After just two seasons the show seems to have sunk quickly in Seven’s eyes, failing to win an endorsement at the network’s recent Upfronts.

Meanwhile Seven got excited about a return for The Mole -but does it come at the expense of Race?

A call-out for new contestants took place in August, but presumably all those applications are gathering dust while the network tries to make up its mind.

Last month Seven’s Director of Production Brad Lyons, said of the Emmy win: ”We are absolutely over the moon that an Australian production has received such recognition at an international level. Our congratulations to each and every member of the team.”

But yesterday a Seven spokesperson still couldn’t confirm a renewal, telling TV Tonight, “No decision until early next year. It’s on the drawing board and a much loved format.”

In a recent TV Tonight poll 68% of viewers voted YES for the show to be renewed, and 24% voted NO. This week it also received 2 AACTA Awards nominations.

Maybe it’s another format a rival network could swoop upon if Seven doesn’t want the show?

7 should give it another go. It only ratted horrible because of the original wednesday slot (after australias got no talent which ratted lower then TARAU) and the Olympic  break (which they were force to do, not 7s fault)

If 7 had there heads screwed on right they would renew it.

So what do you think? Are the prople at 7 idiots? If 7 do drop the axe which network (if any) will pick up the show?

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2012, 02:55:00 PM »
http://m.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/directors-slam-academys-race-20121206-2ax8h.html

Directors slam Academy's race

He's won an International Emmy, but Michael McKay isn't a real director according to the Directors' Guild, who want his Academy nomination withdrawn.
The Australian Directors Guild has taken a swipe at the Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts over the decision to pit three drama directors against an executive producer from a non-drama show in the best direction in television category in the Academy's award nominations.
The Guild has called on the Academy to withdraw Michael McKay, the executive producer and director of The Amazing Race Australia from the nomination list, which was announced on Monday, and replace him with another drama director.
It strongly condemned “this disrespect of the drama director's profession”.
“We were just amazed. We read it when the nominations came out and thought it was a mistake,” the executive director of the Guild, Kingston Anderson, said. “To our surprise, it was deliberate. This is like comparing apples to oranges; it makes no sense.
“If AACTA wanted to honour directors in the reality or non-dramatic form, then they should have created a category for those directors.”
The chief executive officer of the Academy, Damian Trewhella, said the category was for all directors.
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2012, 10:59:00 PM »
I going to be starting a online petition in a couple of hours to make sure this amazing show comes back for a season 3. (I'm busy over the next few hours)

If someone else want to start one then be my guest.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2012, 11:01:30 PM »
I going to be starting a online petition in a couple of hours to make sure this amazing show comes back for a season 3. (I'm busy over the next few hours)

If someone else want to start one then be my guest.

:cmas18  :cmas18  :cmas18

YES PLEASE! are you making it on FB? please link us so we can all like it!!!!  :cmas9

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2012, 02:55:22 AM »

been lurking and scouting throughout the board but didn't found a single separate TAR Aus Grant Bowler thread, so I might as well post it here... If the moderator notice a more relevant thread, feel free to move it there  :cmas16

I found this quite interesting article about Grant Bowler's career life (mainly about his performance starring as Richard Burton), as he whether should be considered to host another season of TAR AUS (despite of his experience from doing 2 seasons of the show)

but honestly, when I asked some of my TAR fanatic friends, they mostly didn't really like the way he brought the show, too calm and not quite excited...

The Tough Question: Has Liz & Dick Killed Grant Bowler’s Hollywood Dream?

December 7, 2012
By Andrew Tijs

......................... Writer Bill Harris avers that viewers have to be “realistic” about Lohan’s efforts, but praises Bowler’s “terrific job”, adding that he “nailed” Burton’s distinctive voice.

So can Grant Bowler – Kiwi-born NIDA graduate, host of Australia’s The Amazing Race, Australian drama mainstay (Blue Heelers, All Saints, Stingers, Always Greener) and recent US transplant for Lost, True Blood and Ugly Betty – come out of this trainwreck with career intact? Seemingly, yes.

While the critical attention was primarily directed at the preposterous framing devices and how little Lohan resembled Taylor both physically and emotionally, when it came to Bowler’s Burton, USA Today agreed with the Harris, writing “He at least sounds like Burton”. Salon crowed “[Lohan] is outmatched in every way by Bowler, who makes for a more convincing Burton — his voice is even pretty nice”. The Globe conceded that Bowler was “less miscast”, but the LA Times proclaimed “Bowler easily steals the film; he’s good and Lohan makes him look better”.

We should probably be more worried about his major role in the titanic ultra-right-wing two-parter megaflop Atlas Shrugged.

Critics barely bothered to mention his performance, choosing to spew bile over the enterprise as a whole (damned Liberal Elites!). Also concerning is his turn as Jesus (the actual Jesus) in this year’s prison drama non-event 186 Dollars To Freedom. What’s next? A role in a gay-man-and-lesbian-green-card-marriage romance indie I Do, released a month back at the Austin Film Festival. Maybe Bowler will just have to stick to TV, rather than movies or, especially, made-for-TV movies.

http://www.theenthusiast.com.au/archives/2012/the-tough-question-has-liz-dick-killed-grant-bowler%E2%80%99s-hollywood-dream/
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2012, 03:55:32 AM »
Grant Bowler on Ugly Betty <3
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2012, 04:15:52 AM »
You guys are cute, overreacting like true fanatics of the race! Have no fear the show is coming back next year. Casting won't start till next year as well.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2012, 04:26:27 AM »
You guys are cute, overreacting like true fanatics of the race! Have no fear the show is coming back next year. Casting won't start till next year as well.
I hope your right but how do you know the show is coming back.

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2012, 04:47:45 AM »

I can't reveal my sources, but know that a 3rd season has definitely been planned it's just a matter of finding the time to shoot and more so air it, so I actually don't know when it will air but it has been planned and just waiting for the green light for it to happen.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2012, 05:39:17 AM »

I can't reveal my sources, but know that a 3rd season has definitely been planned it's just a matter of finding the time to shoot and more so air it, so I actually don't know when it will air but it has been planned and just waiting for the green light for it to happen.

OK I can live with an unknown source.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2012, 12:04:47 PM »
I wouldn't mind a different host. I didn't really like Grant this past season.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2012, 08:55:04 PM »
Please sign my petition. I only have 3 and I would realy like more.

The more we have the better change we have of TARAU getting renewed.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2012, 03:47:44 PM »
I have close my petition. No one was signing (myself and 2 very nice canadian people were the only ones to sign)