Author Topic: Australian Season 3 CONFIRMED for 2014!  (Read 103403 times)

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Australian Season 3 CONFIRMED for 2014!
« on: October 17, 2012, 05:21:57 PM »
This is not good news...

The future for The Amazing Race Australia is unclear following Seven’s 2013 Programming launch in Sydney on Tuesday.

The show didn’t rate a mention in Seven’s Press Release despite the fact it has attracted a solid fanbase in just two seasons.

Sources tell TV Tonight that whilst Seven called for Auditions for a third series in August, so far it hasn’t locked onto a third season.

That’s despite solid reviews and a nomination for an International Emmy Award. The first season also attracted strong ratings, but the second suffered from multiple timeslots and a hiatus during the Olympics.

Applications close on October 30 with filming usually taking place in November / December.

The activeTV series, hosted by Grant Bowler, is every bit as good as the US version, so fingers crossed it wins a third season.

Seven did not respond to enquiries.

Source: TV Tonight: http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/10/will-the-amazing-race-australia-take-flight-again.html
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 08:34:27 AM by georgiapeach »
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Australian Season 3 NOT confirmed yet - Future remains unclear
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 12:43:24 AM »
These shows also didnt get a mention at the Press Release

Deal or No Deal , Beauty and the Geek, Please Marry My Boy, Dinner Date, RSPCA Animal Rescue
and Australia’s Got Talent disbite getting a mention at the Press Release is still not 100% confermed for a season next year. If TARAU is going down then I hope it takes AGT down too (Its because of this (bleep) that TARAU had a bad rattings for the first few episodes and brought the average down).

If TARAU win their Emmey, Odds are we will see a Season 3. If not the fate of TARAU will hang in the balance.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 01:49:10 AM »
Lets all collectively pray the show comes back! They bring interesting destinations in Cuba ad Israel

Don't forget the strength of the cast as well.

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 06:18:14 AM »
I don't think it's looking good guys. The show costs so much to produce and ratings just weren't good enough this last season plus with all the new shows lined up in 2013 for 7 I think it's safe to say our beloved race has been replaced by another generic renovation show (House Rules?) or the cheaper to produce The Mole: Culture Clash. All they care about at this point is profit and money. So what if the race is being nominated for an international emmy? That means nothing unfortunately and realistically for us fans. It was good while it lasted  :'(

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 06:04:50 PM »
Be positive. The show had great rattings but the the average was down because of AGT as a lead in for the first coulpe of eps.

We've seen the show potental In the rattings (1,000,000 +) and 7 should take the show back for at least a third season (with a good rattings lead in this time).
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 10:48:43 PM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 06:06:31 PM »
We need to start a petition to keep the show alive.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 08:20:40 PM »
We need to start a petition to keep the show alive.
Yes

If the money to produce is the issue then let 1 or 2 NZ teams join in exchange for extra funding from the network in NZ .

They can also shothen the race from 12 to 10 legs, reduce the cast from 11 to 10 teams and strip a leg over 2 nights (like TAR Israil) to increase adverstising revene.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 10:47:58 PM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 09:09:38 PM »
Stripping a leg over two nights doesn't increase the revenue, it just makes half the episodes anticlimaxes.

I'm hearing it's about 90% certain Seven plan on doing The Mole and TAR Australia in alternating years, with Grant hosting both. Which would mean no race until 2014.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 01:43:48 AM »
Stripping a leg over two nights doesn't increase the revenue, it just makes half the episodes anticlimaxes.

I'm hearing it's about 90% certain Seven plan on doing The Mole and TAR Australia in alternating years, with Grant hosting both. Which would mean no race until 2014.
Well thats not too bad. There might be no TARAU til 2014 but at least there still be TARAU.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 02:34:05 AM »

Do you have a link/source where you heard that please? It sounds interesting.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 03:04:41 AM »

Then I guess Grant Bowler will host The Mole 6: Culture Clash. I'm really expecting such a show that has disappeared from TV for 8 years. :conf:
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 03:16:11 AM »
They are testing The Mole next year to see how it fares rating wise as Season 5 didn't do as well. And if it draws enough attention at the lower cost they will most probably continue it. If not then I'd say the race will be back in 2014. I am just very sure there will be no race next year  :'( but this isn't the last we've seen of it for sure!  :conf:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 02:31:50 PM »

Do you have a link/source where you heard that please? It sounds interesting.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 06:57:08 PM »
I have behind-the-scenes sources.

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 11:54:24 PM »

Now's not the time to be vague  :lol: care to elaborate please?

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 11:55:26 PM »

Are the shadows aligning to?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 04:06:29 AM »
Let's end the source discussion please. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 05:25:38 AM »
Let's end the source discussion please. :tup:
Peach is right. Its getting depressing

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2012, 07:28:54 AM »
Can't another channel take it on?  Surely the makers would want it on every year, not alternating.

Offline Remembers

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2012, 03:50:08 AM »
I doubt this series is dead. Grant Bowler has been busy doing other acting jobs, they're probably just giving the man a chance to return as host.

I bet Season 3 airs sometime in 2013, even if its an issue of it being filmed early 2013.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2012, 04:28:07 AM »
Can't another channel take it on?  Surely the makers would want it on every year, not alternating.

None of the main networks can't do anything because 7 airs TARUS and they have exlusive rights to produce TARAU. So unless 9 or 10 can find a loophole (like how 7 did celbrearty survivor) they are no use to us.

There is a slim probably unlikely chance that fox 8 (on foxtel or what you in the US call cable) could produce TAR AU as have pay tv rights over the show (I deffiatily saw the HK TAR 17 ep)but again don't count on it.

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2012, 08:42:39 AM »

None of the main networks can't do anything because 7 airs TARUS and they have exlusive rights to produce TARAU. So unless 9 or 10 can find a loophole (like how 7 did celbrearty survivor) they are no use to us.

There is a slim probably unlikely chance that fox 8 (on foxtel or what you in the US call cable) could produce TAR AU as have pay tv rights over the show (I deffiatily saw the HK TAR 17 ep)but again don't count on it.

Maybe we are just overreacting and the race just wasn't mentioned in the 'highlights' because it isn't airing until late 2013 because the Mole is airing in the first half of 2013? Applications close this Tuesday so if nothing has been announced yet then I'm sure it hasn't been cancelled. The only thing which may make me seem doubtful is if Grant is announced as the host of the Mole.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2012, 01:42:23 PM »

Oh ok I thought they would only give the rights to a channel if they also had a contract for them to do a certain number of seasons in that period.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2012, 08:18:54 PM »
a glimpse of hope?

Seven Casting
about an hour ago.Just a reminder Applications close at 5pm Eastern time today for The Amazing Race Australia. If you have an incomplete application, be sure to get it finished.

1Unlike ·  · Share.
You, Genevieve Warzecha and 14 others like this..Happy McSunshyne Rory Brenan - still time!
about an hour ago · Like · 1..Jade Brown how do you apply ????
about an hour ago via mobile · Like..Seven Casting The link can be found on the show page on yahoo.com.au however you do need a 3 min video with both teammates so you would need to have that ready to upload to apply.
about an hour ago · Like · 1..Shane Tan I just submitted a last minute one that I'm sure you guys will like very unique and passionate is all I have to say ;)
18 minutes ago via mobile · Like..Steve Hill Just look at last years one, or the year before....
14 minutes ago via mobile · Like..

:o :o :o