Author Topic: The Mole (Australian Version)  (Read 63424 times)

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Mole (Australian Version)
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2013, 06:46:44 AM »
I don't think there are any original challenges in the first three episodes
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2013, 03:25:35 AM »
Ok there is a an update to the timetable. From next week they are dropping the Wednesday episode. Episodes will still air Tuesdays @ 7:30 and Thursdays @ 8

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2013, 08:08:29 AM »
YLLA <333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2013, 07:35:45 PM »
Latest ratting are in. Last night it rated 550,000 and it negatively effected winners and losers. Bad news for mole fans but good news for TARAu fans (with the whole Mole was replacing TARAu theories. 

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2013, 08:12:24 PM »
I have just looked in to it and the lowest TARAu2 rated was about 700,000  and recovered for a season average of about 900,000. I guessing 7 is in panic mode.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2013, 11:36:19 PM »
Yep. It's been moved to 9:30pm Wednesdays, effective immediately (ie tonight). Not sure what this means about pacing - some people are reporting it'll be re-edited down to 'one elimination = one episode', others are reporting a double episode next Wednesday which suggests that won't be the case.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2013, 12:26:23 AM »
A lot of people were waiting for this but 7 got greedy by stretching out the show. If they wanted a success then they should of kept the traditional 1 elimination = 1 episode = 1 time a week instead of dragging it out.

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2013, 03:24:05 AM »
 :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:
I am loving this right now. This is what 7 gets for messing with the format of an originally good show as well as having it replace the arguably best international version of one of the best reality shows (The Amazing Race) to ever grace our tv screens. I hope you learnt your lesson! Now bring back the race and I can perhaps give you some tips on how to market it effectively this time!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2013, 05:29:56 AM »
The show could've been decent with one episode a week and a decent cast. The casting seems awful aside from Ylla <3 and one or two others.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2013, 07:46:00 AM »
Ok it may be floping in the ratings but the last episode was great. Alliances are forming and a division between young and old is being created.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2013, 12:25:24 PM »
Definitely agree! What an amazing episode!

YLLA SO FIERCE <333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

TRUE *STAR* OF REALITY TV RIGHT HERE <333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

*opens box*

*slams it shut*

*opens box*

*slams it shut*

*opens box*

*slams it shut*

*opens box*

*slams it shut*

*opens box*

*slams it shut*

*opens box*

*slams it shut*

I have to confess that I watched that scene like 50 times with the epic righteous cowboy-esque music playing in the background. <333

SHe is a goddess <3

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2013, 07:51:11 PM »
Oops, I missed last nights episode? So you guys suggest I catch up, purely for Ally/Ylla? :lol:

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2013, 08:48:16 PM »
Yeah I get it, some people here are basically hoping for this series to fail etc, because of TARAus being replaced.
Obviously we don't even know if one being removed means the other being brought back but whatever, I get it especially on this forum. :)

But, for me as a genuine big big fan of the show it's sad, very sad.
It's been so long before any other country than mine took on this great show and concept, that can really be made into a success.

I'm not saying I don't enjoy this season at all, I do, still, after all it's still the Mole..
But to be honest they've so far only copied challenges that have been done and more often better in the Dutch original too.
The casting indeed has been off (especially wrt the men imho), and then the whole campaigning disaster (endless airing of the same promo's, not releasing an airdate till a week before, shifting the timeslots etc..) Let alone splitting it up in three episodes a week with executions that are supposed to be the culmination of tension yet manage to drum up absolutely zero in terms of atmosphere or build up... sigh.. :(

It just makes me sad that even if they had all the tools, basically very decent challenges etc handed to them they still made such a mess of what can be a really great show if handled properly.. :(

I know I am biased about this.. I do like TAR but at heart I am a Mole fan so yes it hurts to see. I still enjoy watching it but it's sad to see what could have been and how they threw it all away - if you're going to bring it back at least give it a proper chance already...  :(
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2013, 10:44:41 PM »
I couldn't even finish that episode, it was just that boring and cringeworthy, sorry guys.

I really wish the mole was doing better, because when they did it before it was an amazing show. But it really does deserve the ratings it's getting cause it is one big mess :( Cast is horrid, challenges are mediocre and editing and programming has been disgusting.

Seeing as it has been pushed to a Wednesday 9pm timeslot I hope Channel seven wakes up and realises the race is a better choice. I'm trying not to be bias, but when TARAus was given a Wednesday 9pm timeslot, it still did better than what the mole has with a 7.30pm one. Though if next year they could do TARAus on 7.30pm one night and then the mole at the same time the following night, that would be so good :lol:

Show content
Oh and thank god Mozzie was terminated, he was annoying the heck out of me. I laughed gloriously when he got the boot :funny:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2013, 11:57:51 PM »
Oops, I missed last nights episode? So you guys suggest I catch up, purely for Ally/Ylla? :lol:

Absolutely. :funny:

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2013, 12:15:07 AM »
Yes. Her in the second challenge - combined with the music which may or may not be a double reference to the challenge first being used in a Spanish-speaking country - was GLORIOUS.

353,000 viewers last night. It may not even stay in the 9:30 timeslot for long with ratings like that.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2013, 01:11:47 AM »
I thought 350,000 for 9:30 was alright.

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2013, 01:20:36 AM »
Keep all your eyes and ears peeled for anything as there will definitely be talk and discussions going on now about the future of The Amazing Race Australia. We can kiss the Mole goodbye unless a miracle happens.
7 can't keep both and will be lucky to even keep one as far as I've heard, let's just hope they don't have to slash the budget down too much for the race, but it is just all about getting the promotion and marketing in check if a 3rd season goes ahead next year.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2013, 01:35:23 AM »
I'd rather have either one than none at all.. even if the budget is cut for one of them.

Btw, who do we all think the mole is?? My guess is Erin purely based on editing :lol: Not too OTT nor INV

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2013, 02:04:07 AM »
I was recently speculating that with my sister.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2013, 11:21:05 PM »
Yeah, could be Erin.

I think The Mole could work better during the summer when there is hardly anything on TV but I doubt Seven wants to spend that much money for a summertime show.

Anyway, hoping for TARAus3 (and hopefully with a lower age cutoff :P).

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2013, 02:14:35 AM »
Oh yeah, I forgot to say but I thought Erin or Aisha could be the Mole for choosing Fruits with O lol.

If I was the Mole, I would have done Countries with R since there is like 3 and R was in the lowest score category. :lol:

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2013, 10:55:12 PM »
Watched ep5. Loved it!
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2013, 11:04:31 PM »
The fact that they're putting a double episode on at 9:30, as well as the fact that they have a new episode on the same night as State of Origin (Channel 7 almost always puts reruns on Origin nights to avoid the loss of viewers) is a pretty good indicator of how bad the show is doing. :lol:

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2013, 02:29:00 AM »
I wish it was doing better, it may not have returned to its former glory when it was originally airing but The Mole at least 100 times better then most other reality shows in Australia.