Author Topic: The Mole (Australian Version)  (Read 63408 times)

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Mole Australia
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 04:19:35 AM »
All I can say is. Thank goodness it is not Grant Deyner (the overexposed Ch 7 personality)

Another good thing is that he is a self proclaimed "mole nerd"
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 04:29:17 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2013, 12:28:37 AM »
I think Seven Network should really learn a lesson from ABC. The situation today is pretty much like what it was like 5 years ago, when after a 4-year hiatus in 2008 ABC decided to pick up the American version of The Mole to run its fifth season, and finally refused to renew it after its failure in ratings. That time ABC didn't seem to care what made its bad ratings--they were treating it like a lottery, not giving much attention in many aspects while daydreaming the lottery-ticket could turn out to be a bonus eventually.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2013, 09:47:27 PM »
Yes but unlike the US version, the Australian version was very popular. In addition we have seen that shows coming back after a few years hiatus can be successful. Just look at BB AU (canceled in 08) returned last year and it was popular enough to get another season this year. So a new season of The Mole I believe (and hope) will be quite successful (or at least successful enough to get another season)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 10:26:23 PM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2013, 01:38:33 PM »
I love Shura he's awesome! And it's great that he's a big fan of the show too so hopefully he'll bring some genuine enthusiasm to it. My friend got an audition and apparently almost made it but missed out at the last stage, or maybe that's what they want me to believe! :o
they are the mole...

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2013, 03:56:36 AM »
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 05:18:51 PM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2013, 04:38:27 AM »
OMG I saw the ad for this on TV yesterday, best ad I've seen for a tv show in a long time. I can't wait to for it to begin!

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2013, 07:24:33 AM »
OMG I saw the ad for this on TV yesterday, best ad I've seen for a tv show in a long time. I can't wait to for it to begin!

I love it too but I am afraid because of its light heartedness and comedic nature that the Mole may trying to take over and be the cheaper replacement of the Amazing Race Australia. If you were to ask me to choose I would pick the race over the mole without hesitation, so I can't help but hope this version doesn't fare as well so that the race can come back in 2014. I miss the old seasons of the Mole when much more emphasis was placed on mystery, intrigue and suspense where now everything seems sugar coated and dumbed down to be honest.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2013, 07:41:18 AM »
And a promo
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CeTyCrwNjPw

To be honest I didn't know the promo of The Mole could be in this way... So many comedy elements, unlike many versions around the globe. It's getting interesting.

After watching the promo, it's not surprising to me that Shura is a host for children's shows. :)

好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2013, 02:06:51 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if this was just marketing for the promo. I would be very surprised if they did dumb down the show.

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Mole (Australian Version)
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2013, 05:53:39 AM »
Hey there are some new promos on the website and on TV. 2 promos feature a challenge in the Blue Mountains where they must go between 2 cliffs and some players are scared (or are they). In the other promo is in what I believe to be Melbourne and each player is on for about 2 seconds to say something like "I'm no faker" or "I'm not a imposter" then the host comes in and says "but one of them is" before each of the cast is individually before the final shot (the host in front of the players with the logo) is shown.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2013, 05:59:25 AM »
Pics of cast and a find a word of cast names on shows Facebook and Twitter pages.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2013, 08:17:20 AM »
So many Mole ads during Once Upon A Time today... :P
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2013, 08:25:04 AM »
When's it premiering?

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2013, 11:18:52 PM »
When's it premiering?

I don't think they've set a date yet. None of the ads I saw revealed a date. Not sure if there is a date online or anything... ???
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2013, 10:25:50 AM »
We have a cast. Bios and pics of the 12 players are on the website.

Seble - 24, Law Graduate, Melbourne, VIC
Jayden "Mozzie" - 21, Lifeguard, Melbourne, VIC
Hillal - 22, Youth Leader, Sydney, NSW
Shaun- 33, Buildings Sales Rep, Cairns, QLD
Ally - 28, Design Consultant, Sydney, NSW
Sam - 22, AFL Development Officer, Bathurst, NSW
Kerrie - 28, HR Manager - Mining, Mackey, QLD
Nick - 26, Art Gallery Assistant, Brisbane, QLD
Erin - 24, Sponsorship Co-ordinator Geelong, VIC
Alisha - 22, Communications Graduate, Geraldton, WA
Linda - 42, Medical Secretary,Gold Coast,QLD
Alex - 31, Engineer, Sydney, NSW

When's it premiering?
I don't think they've set a date yet. None of the ads I saw revealed a date. Not sure if there is a date online or anything... ???
My guess is after House Rules finishes. I'm pretty sure that will wrap up in a few weeks then The Mole airs 7:30 Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 11:07:29 PM by theamazingracer21 »

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2013, 10:49:04 AM »
Also I found a glossary page on the website it states some of the rules that will be in play this season.

Quizzes will be 20 questions. Usual rules: lowest scorer and your out (or Terminated).
Exemption will also be in play. Again like normal win it and its immunity to the next round but it might just come at a cost for the group.
A new thing called a Freebie will be in play. If a player plays it, a answer that s/he got wrong will be counted as a correct answer on the quiz. Players can determine at which quiz they use their Freebie, but each Freebie can only be used once.

Glossary: http://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-mole/about/article/-/17556677/the-mole-glossary/
Cast: http://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-mole/contestants/

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2013, 03:04:01 AM »
A new thing called a Freebie will be in play. If a player plays it, a answer that s/he got wrong will be counted as a correct answer on the quiz. Players can determine at which quiz they use their Freebie, but each Freebie can only be used once.

Freebie looks like Jokers in the Dutch version.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2013, 06:57:36 AM »
Some more information of the show. The article talks about the previous season and the sucess in The Netherlands but there was also a juicy paragraph on this season.

The return series of The Mole will retain the original concept – a group of contestants playing together to win money for the Pot that one eventual winner will claim, while The Mole works to sabotage their efforts - but with an updated look and a few new twists and turns. Under the control of new host Shura Taft the series will travel up and down the Eastern seaboard of the country and revisit some favourite challenges as well as push contestants to the limit with never-before-seen mental and physical challenges.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-mole/about/article/-/17634721/history-of-the-mole/

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2013, 06:53:32 AM »
We have an air date.

Tuesday July 2 @ 7:30, then Wednesday July 3 @ 7:30 and Thursday July 4 @ 8.
Hit reality series premieres on Seven on Tuesday July 2 at 7.30pm, then continues on Wednesday and Thursday nights.
Channel Seven has announced the brand new series of The Mole, hosted by rising star Shura Taft, will premiere on Tuesday July 2 at 7.30pm.

Returning to TV for the first time since 2005, the worldwide reality hit features 12 Australians from all corners of the country competing for a prize of up to $250,000. Blindfolded and dropped in the middle of an isolated coastline, they must find their way out. And all they know is that someone in their ranks is "The Mole" – an individual planted in the team to sabotage their every move.

The Mole's job is to create confusion and use whatever means possible to stop the group winning money – while remaining undetected along the way. For everyone else, uncovering The Mole's identity is the only way to survive, and to have a shot at winning the money.

The unique reality format creates unprecedented tension and conflict between contestants in a game of double-cross, dirty tricks and dishonesty. And the question is the same for contestants and viewers alike: Who is The Mole?

“It could be something as small as a blink or a smirk that could reveal The Mole,” says host Shura Taft. “The appeal of The Mole is that it's a game the audience can feel a part of not only because of the exciting challenges but the psychological aspect drawing the viewer into the mystery of working out who's the Mole.”

"The fact one of the contestants is actually trying to sabotage what the others are trying to achieve is fantastic intrigue."

Source: http://au.tv.yahoo.com/news-and-gossip/article/-/17722744/the-hunt-for-the-mole-begins/

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2013, 07:37:51 PM »
This is the tomorrow-the-Mole-starts-appreciation-bump <3

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2013, 04:18:56 AM »
12 minutes where are you Aussies?

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2013, 04:35:48 AM »
It's started and y'all are missing out :(

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2013, 05:08:52 AM »
I'm watching... it's a little slow paced at the moment, I hope it picks up :(

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2013, 05:12:12 AM »
IKR :P

Shaun? Sean? Shawn? Is my least favourite at the moment.

I also highly doubt anyone that the editors have focused on/highlighted as the mole is actually the Mole. :P

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2013, 06:00:18 AM »
Yup, I still feel the show is too slow paced. Such a shame that it doesn't look like it'll pick up either.

Such a poor start imo. I don't really care for many of the contestants, Ally is the only stand out for me. Not that we'd know who half of the contestants are, Linda and got almost zero screentime :|