Author Topic: The Mole (Australian Version)  (Read 63428 times)

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
The Mole (Australian Version)
« on: October 16, 2012, 07:19:00 AM »
Tired of watch The Mole in dutch.

Well I found that the Australian 7 Network have announced at their 2013 programing event (what you in the US call upfrounts) that The Mole is coming back for a 6th season next year.

The mole aired 5 seasons from 2001 - 2005. The first 4 were hosted by TARAU host(with a bad haircut) Grant Bowler and Season 5 was hosted by Tom Willams.

It's an all new game of strategy and teamwork as the team try and win challenges, put money in the kitty and work together while at the same time they identify which one among them is working for the producers to sabotage challenges as they ask themselves, who is the trator? Who is the mole?

Sourse (one of my favorite tv related websites) TV Tonight

I know that there are plenty of fans of the mole here on rff who maybe dont know Dutch. So this should come as great news for you.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 02:54:37 PM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
Re: The Mole AU is coming back
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 07:26:40 AM »
Omg now anderson has to come back and do usa mole :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 11:42:03 AM »
Good news! Thanks for sharing!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 05:05:37 AM »
More Information

At this stage the seasion will be subtitled Culture clash

The contestants will come from different worlds. With varying socio-economic backgrounds, religions, cultures and beliefs, it’s a sure-fire recipe for conflict and tension as they try to uncover the mole’s identity.

Sourse: http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/10/seven-set-to-celebrity-splash-into-2013.html

My Tips For Host

Grant Bowler- Grant. B hosted seasons 1-4 but declined on season 5 due to a prior commitments.He always said that he would love to return and all 7 have to do is give him the call. The idea of him being host is suported by the fact that he is Host of TARAU and Narrator of Border Security (both are on 7). However his up and comming Holywood acting career might get in the way, so the ulimate queston for him is can he fit in The Mole and TARAU around his acting career. If he can, we will see him host.

Tom Williams - Tom hosted season 5 after Grant declined. But he has been MIA from nework 7 since 2010 and some fans of the show were not fans for Tom's hosting in season 5. I think he is an unlikily choice.

An outside choice - It is posabliy that 7 may chouse a different network personalty.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 05:23:30 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 08:12:44 AM »
BEST NEWS EVER!!!! Hooray!!!
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 01:54:49 AM »
I think I liked Tom Williams more, though Grant Bowler improved after being terrible in the first season (which also had a bad cast).  The next 4 seasons had very good casts, particularly the last 3 I thought.  Way better than The American Mole which I think put too much emphasis on the prize money than on putting together a good production and a likeable enough cast.  The Dutch version is also great, and I'm not tired of watching that.  :D 

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 03:31:11 AM »
Oooh, I used to love the mole.. it's nice to see it being revived.

Not too sure on this 'Culture Clash' thing... sounds like a bit of a flop to me, but I guess we'll have to wait and see :)

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 04:32:36 AM »
Not too sure on this 'Culture Clash' thing... sounds like a bit of a flop to me, but I guess we'll have to wait and see :)
I wouldn't be suprised if the 'Culture Clash' thing is only temporey.

BBAU 2012 was going to be all about Secrets and that only lasted 2 week or somthing.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 04:34:40 AM »
The contestants will come from different worlds.

What does this mean? Is it to say that there's no limits in contestants' nationalities? :ascared
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 05:49:03 AM »
OMG YES!  :hearts:

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 05:53:48 AM »
The contestants will come from different worlds.

What does this mean? Is it to say that there's no limits in contestants' nationalities? :ascared
I think there is no limit but contestants would have to have a australian permanent resident (like all shows in australia)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 07:15:31 PM by theamazingracer21 »

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 03:27:54 AM »
More Tips For Host

Grant Dener - Grant.D has hosted nearily everything from Au got Talant to Iron Chef Au,  As well as being the weatherman on Sunrise and a former V8 (Like nascar) driver. If 7 cant get anyone else we will more than likeily see him host .

App are now also open. They are open to both Moles and other contestants.

If your gut feeling is always right, if you think you can spot a “Mole” at one hundred paces, if you think you are a great judge of character, you could be the one who outsmarts The Mole.
Perhaps you can sabotage without suspicion  and fly under the radar – maybe you’d make the perfect Mole. Either way you need to apply to have a shot at winning a huge pot of cash.

You must be 18 years of age or older, as of January 1st 2013 and also an Australian Citizen or permanent resident to compete in The Mole."

https://go.mycastingnet.com/Apply/Show/TheMole
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 05:29:17 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 01:51:32 AM »

Hooray!!! Finally got to see it on TV..!!  :wohoo:
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2012, 05:28:57 AM »
If I never get on TAR this is the show I want to go on.

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 12:30:17 AM »
I think I liked Tom Williams more, though Grant Bowler improved after being terrible in the first season (which also had a bad cast).  The next 4 seasons had very good casts, particularly the last 3 I thought.  Way better than The American Mole which I think put too much emphasis on the prize money than on putting together a good production and a likeable enough cast.  The Dutch version is also great, and I'm not tired of watching that.  :D
Totally agree with you, the cast got better over time. :)
I was a little hurt to see that OP apparently doesn't want to watch the Mole in Dutch anymore :( Happy to read you appreciate it.  :<3

I'm obviously over the moon about this news.  :hearts:  :wohoo:
I loved the Australian versions, except for S5 with the live test and elimination it just took away so much of the mystery and turned it into a milking machine for sms cash. :(

Hope they won't be doing that again, but as I understand this is the same channel that produced Australian TAR 1 & 2 I have faith they'll make a good show of it, with a good cast..
I hope the series won't air before March, when the Dutch series ends - this way we can just keep enjoying the Mole vibe for several months..  :colors :sab  :conf:

Really excited about watching it and sharing suspicions with you all!! It's been wayy too long this great show has been off the air in Australia as well as the USA, so happy they're giving it a new chance!!  :hrt:
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 08:08:52 AM »
I didn't mind the live part of series 5 but the test was so short (about 6 questions I think), maybe live restrictions made that, or maybe that's what they normally did anyway.  Anyway I hope they have a reasonably long test now for eliminations, like the Dutch one tends to have.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2012, 04:22:32 AM »
I didn't mind the live part of series 5 but the test was so short (about 6 questions I think), maybe live restrictions made that, or maybe that's what they normally did anyway.  Anyway I hope they have a reasonably long test now for eliminations, like the Dutch one tends to have.
Appetenty they did a couple of questons each week about the moles family and life. (what city does the mole live in? What occupation does the mole hold?) before the live segment about the weeks events (for task A what group was the mole in?) So there was more then you think.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, 12:50:01 AM »
Quick question. Has anyone seen any filming anywhere in the world for anything that looks like the mole.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 01:24:15 AM »
Quick question. Has anyone seen any filming anywhere in the world for anything that looks like the mole.
Wondering that too. Unlike many other shows, I've read so few spoilers about any version of The Mole,
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 02:33:50 AM »
Wondering that too. Unlike many other shows, I've read so few spoilers about any version of The Mole,

I don't know about international versions, but I know the Dutch Mole is making it a point to keep it as secret as possible. It only makes sense since it all revolves around the mystery of the Mole's identity.

In fact last year was the first year (since 12 seasons) the contestants all got spotted (by leaked information presumably) boarding a plane to Iceland. The producers then had to make quite a few adjustments to the places they visited so as not to risk further exposure..
Unfortunately that meant making adjustments to the original locations as well as challenges which had its effect due to improvisation too.

For many reality shows it's not that important to know who is where near the end but for the Mole it's crucial of course.. Once they are spotted in locations important spoilers can leak out which will ruin the momentum of the show.

So in the Netherlands contestants are given a 250.000 fine if they leak any information at all about the show before airing. I imagine the Australian version wants to keep this secret kept as such the same way, for the same reasons.  :cmas27
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 02:38:08 AM by Topita »
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2012, 03:57:46 PM »

I don't know about international versions, but I know the Dutch Mole is making it a point to keep it as secret as possible. It only makes sense since it all revolves around the mystery of the Mole's identity.

In fact last year was the first year (since 12 seasons) the contestants all got spotted (by leaked information presumably) boarding a plane to Iceland. The producers then had to make quite a few adjustments to the places they visited so as not to risk further exposure..
Unfortunately that meant making adjustments to the original locations as well as challenges which had its effect due to improvisation too.

For many reality shows it's not that important to know who is where near the end but for the Mole it's crucial of course.. Once they are spotted in locations important spoilers can leak out which will ruin the momentum of the show.

So in the Netherlands contestants are given a 250.000 fine if they leak any information at all about the show before airing. I imagine the Australian version wants to keep this secret kept as such the same way, for the same reasons.  :cmas27

Thanks for yor words of wisdom.

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Mole Australia
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2012, 08:01:40 PM »
It's summer in Australia and there is nothing on TV but Cricket , Cheep TV and  Endless repeats. But in this trash is promos for the upcoming year and I saw one for The Mole

When your sky diving ,you want to trust who packed your parachute. But this is a game where you can't trust anyone.

The Mole. On 7  in 2013

The fact that the promo is on now means the show will probably be on early in the year ; around Feb/March

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2013, 03:47:24 PM »
We have a host.

Today 7 have anounced that Shura Taft will be hosting the The Mole. He was deffanity an out side choice as he was with Ch 9 and he hasn't done much. As far as I know he has deffantily hosted kid shows and day time travel shows for 9.

This is deffantily a risky move but will it pay off for 7, only time will tell.

Source: http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2013/01/shura-taft-to-host-the-mole.html

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 06:39:40 PM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2013, 04:02:33 PM »
Woah!! I'm glad that Mole is back! Anyway, I never heard of Shura Taft..
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2013, 01:26:57 AM »
I love Shura he's awesome! And it's great that he's a big fan of the show too so hopefully he'll bring some genuine enthusiasm to it. My friend got an audition and apparently almost made it but missed out at the last stage, or maybe that's what they want me to believe! :o