Author Topic: Most Unmemorable Teams Of TAR  (Read 22901 times)

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Most Unmemorable Teams Of TAR
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2012, 06:43:12 AM »
Screentime/editing NOT personality is what makes a team memorable/unmemorable imo...

I agree.  The first eliminated team in the present season I can't remember anything about actually, certainly they had less coverage/drama than the first team last season (which had a decent cast I thought).

Offline tullfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2012, 08:11:00 AM »
I don't think any team beats Anthony & Stephanie

My pick for most unmemorable team is Brad & Victoria from TAR 14.  They were just as invisible as Anthony & Stephanie and they lasted one leg longer.  B & V were hardly shown in the first 2 legs.  In leg 3, after B & V took a risk and missed their flight connection at the beginning of the episode, B & V were absent from the episode until Phil eliminated them at the end.  Besides, even though this shouldn't cont, Anthony and Stephanie were the stars of season 13 Elimination Station.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2012, 09:10:31 AM »
You know, the Insider Vids are the place to get to know teams a lot better. There is a lot of story development in those vids that there is just not time to show during the 42-ish minute episode. If you are serious about TAR and the teams, you should be watching here. And thanks to Will's hard work, you can do it right here:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,27944.0.html

Brad and Victoria had an excellent storyline with a lot developed in those vids...Victoria's challenges with her multiple hip operations, why the race was so important to Brad....they were definitely not invisible, I felt we were really given a very personal glimpse into them!

Watch their vids, you will see!
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,18417.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

addie

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2012, 09:26:33 AM »
Even Anita & Arthur is more memorable than Anthony & Stephanie :iok
Anita & Arthur are goddesses, js. Brad & Victoria weren't that unmemorale, at least I still know how they got eliminated and they threw cakes at each other.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2012, 11:32:59 AM »
i was rewatchin s7 (as i do frequently) and every time i hear megan and hedi and im like who? then brian and greg talk about them... and im like o yea..

Offline Ikurriņa

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2012, 11:49:22 AM »
I love almost all this teams...

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2012, 12:23:29 PM »
i was rewatchin s7 (as i do frequently) and every time i hear megan and hedi and im like who? then brian and greg talk about them... and im like o yea..

Well i remember them having a foot race with brian and greg in the first episode and got eliminated Or is it dani and danielle who was beaten in a foot race by 2 guys... Lol i dont wanna check wiki

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2012, 12:59:47 PM »

Well i remember them having a foot race with brian and greg in the first episode and got eliminated Or is it dani and danielle who was beaten in a foot race by 2 guys... Lol i dont wanna check wiki

my point has been proven.. it was them actually

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2012, 06:31:01 PM »

Dani and Danielle were on Season 9. Or on season 11: Eric and Danielle.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2012, 06:34:45 PM »
Omg I say Anthony/Stephanie since when I read I was like lol are we talkin bout forgotten TAR game teams :lol:

Them...Any team on TAR12....Any team on TAR9

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2012, 07:29:32 PM »
Omg I say Anthony/Stephanie since when I read I was like lol are we talkin bout forgotten TAR game teams :lol:

Really? TAR 9 is the one season I remember everything about the teams. Season 19 had a lot of unmemorable teams.

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2012, 10:13:46 PM »
Is marcy and ron memorable? Not for me

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2012, 10:50:01 PM »

marcy was! with that whistle! in japan.. XD

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2012, 12:12:27 AM »

Let me try to remember... Whistles to call taxi? Is it?

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2012, 08:37:22 AM »

Let me try to remember... Whistles to call taxi? Is it?

yep... followed by one of my favorite lines ever is now we skip...

Offline gigglypiggies

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2012, 02:19:37 PM »

...TAR 12 had one of the most memorable casts ever. Kynt and Vyxsin, Ron and Christina, Grandpa Don & the kid, Lorena and Jason...they did pretty good IMO

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2012, 07:59:26 PM »
Matt & Ana/Kim & Leslie/Pat & Brenda
Hope & Norm times infinite
David & Jeff
Meredith & Maria
Kelly & Jamie
Jeremy & Sandy
Half of Season 20.

This thread makes me sad.

Oh my why you forget them lol... Well i watched season 4 above so i dont know your first 2 lines really... David jeff, final 3 and never made to the finish line right? Meredith and maria, sisters with curly hair? Oh i love kelly and jamie, fighting for last with the bamas? I remember jeremy more than sandy. Just ying to remember too. :)

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2012, 03:28:46 AM »

...TAR 12 had one of the most memorable casts ever. Kynt and Vyxsin, Ron and Christina, Grandpa Don & the kid, Lorena and Jason...they did pretty good IMO

The only ones in that list I even want to remember are probably Rontina, but even they were overrated :| Just my opinion

One of the most unmemorable teams for me is Julia & Marianna. Sooooooooooooo boring, even Ari & Staella and the ministers are more memorable then them.

Offline randomperpie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2012, 04:12:48 PM »
Going to go with David and Jeff, and Jeremy and Sandy.

David and Jeff seemed nice enough, but out of all the teams that made the final 3, they are the only ones I tend to forget. they didn't get much screen time, they were overly likable or despised, they were just sort of there.

Same goes for Jeremy and Sandy, though I remember them a bit more because it's a more recent season.

I base this mainly on the fact that both teams reached the final 3 without much fanfare, there wasn't much to go off when it came to them, they both seem nice, but they aren't memorable at all. I expect some low-placing teams not not be as remembered, they weren't around as much, but when it comes to the top 5/6 in each season, most people remember them and have developed opinions on them, these two seem almost too generic.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2012, 04:33:32 PM »
TAR 16 - Monique & Shawne

The only reason I remember them was because when I first joined RFF, David had a picture of them as his avatar. :lol:

I just <3333 them. They were second in the very first leg! And I remember the "God is with me" thing quite a lot! :D

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2012, 06:31:23 PM »
I know a lot of people at RFF loved them, but I can't for the life of me remember ANYTHING about Kris & Jon from TAR6.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline gigglypiggies

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2012, 07:21:58 PM »
I know a lot of people at RFF loved them, but I can't for the life of me remember ANYTHING about Kris & Jon from TAR6.

I know. I can kinda picture them but I definitely don't remember a single thing they did or said. I don't remember them being in the F3 even. I remember the other 2 teams perfectly, but not them.

Offline tullfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2012, 08:22:21 AM »
David & Jeff were more memorable that Jeremy & Sandy by far even though the 2 guys didn't have much personality.  It was quite amusing to see those 2 physical guys struggle so much doing the life guard Fast Forward in Australia.  Also, David & Jeff were the only Final 3 team to duplicate what the Guidos achieved by being eliminated in race and not cross the Finish Line.  Jeremy & Sandy were a generic couple that managed to finish the race without anything significat happening to them.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2012, 06:34:13 PM »
I haven't even watched the last 5 seasons, but I'm 99% sure Anthony & Stephanie win this contest! :lol:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2012, 08:56:09 PM »
Hooky! :hearts:
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"