The Amazing Race > Racers Corner

Cindy and Ernie's Ep 3 Discussion!!

<< < (7/8) > >>

starrynight:
At least these are double u-turns.  Single ones are so unfair.  And they are anonymous so I don't know why people are so scared to use it, you are allowed to u-turn more than once on the race I assume.  The detour wasn't that difficult anyway, which goes for the tasks generally on this race so far.  If there are u-turns I would prefer them at the start of longer legs though so it gives people a chance to recover more.

I think the audience often forget that the race is very tense and people will lose their cool at points, in a foreign land with strangers and really with a total dependance on them it's going to get tough at times.

I do feel the race is less daring and less spectacular now.  I'm sure there will be some good tasks eventually, but there must be some great natural and man-made locations in Indonesia they could have used.  When the race started a decade ago they used great famous locations and racers had longer legs and maybe some tougher challenges as well.  Now the emphasis seems to be more on local workplaces which can be interesting, but visiting things like local fishmarkets every season can get a bit samey.  I would love them spending some of the money they have for this show on using some more unusual locations within tasks. 

georgiapeach:

--- Quote from: starrynight on October 16, 2012, 06:48:04 AM ---At least these are double u-turns.  Single ones are so unfair.  And they are anonymous so I don't know why people are so scared to use it, you are allowed to u-turn more than once on the race I assume. 
--- End quote ---

Nope, only once. So waste it too early and you may lose out later when you really need it.

apskip:
Peach,

I believe that starrynight is correct! For regular U-turns there is no issue, but for anonymous U-turns different rules apply. See AR14 when Luke/Margie still had the opportunity to use a regular U-Turn after they exercised the anonymous U-turn.

georgiapeach:
That might be, I was thinking regular. We'll have to ask!

Mug Costanza:
I remember Luke saying here some time ago that he and his mother were planning on U-Turning someone in China if they were first to the board, so it sounds to me like if you use a Blind U-Turn, you can still use your regular U-Turn power. (But who knows if that rule changed when they changed from Courtesy Of pictures to iPads? :lol:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version