The Amazing Race > Racers Corner

Cindy and Ernie's Ep 3 Discussion!!

<< < (4/8) > >>

Alenaveda:
Hi, guys.  It`s nice to chat with you again this week.  :conf:

--- Quote from: ErnieCindyTAR19 on October 15, 2012, 09:45:31 PM ---Hi! Hugs all around!  :ghug:

Agreed! There are quite a few similar teams, as you mentioned - Twins (3x in a row), Married couples with unique occupations (Clowns / Monster Truckers) and Dating Divorcees (actually the 3x too! Sandy/Jeremy, Ralph/Vanessa and now Abbie/Ryan).  But now you know what your 'tagline' should be when YOU audition!! LOLs.  On the other hand, I still feel like even though these teams can be bucketed into similar groups, it's certainly a formula that works. The teams are very interesting this season, and in our opinion, better than the mix of teams last season...

You're right that it's also much like Season 19.  Taiwan/Shanghai, then 2 legs in Indonesia... But the race goes to Asia almost every season, and some countries are more interesting to film than others. We loved Indonesia and they probably film 2 legs there because it's difficult to get in/out so they have to make it worth it!  I'm looking forward to seeing Bangladesh though!

The tough thing for us this season is that so far, it's been a game of taxi drivers. Amy & Daniel were one of our early favorites and we hoped to see them on the show for awhile.  They looked like a strong duo and Amy's story is just so inspiring.  But they got the bad luck of the draw with 1, 2, 3, 4 taxis who didn't know where Wajaya motors was! UGH! and this time with Brittany and Cait was heartbreaking. The taxi had just taken them to the right spot and for some reason went the wrong way.  It's amazing that Gary & Will's taxi didn't follow Cait/Britt since usually the taxi's just follow each other around like chickens with no heads.  You have to give MAJOR props to the camera crew for getting that on film. We cannot believe that finish!! We watched with Brittany again this time and it was literally so tense in the room at that moment!  But so much about the race is the luck of the taxi and being able to communicate with them. We always considered the taxi's as part of our team.  Just the five of us: Ernie, Cindy, Camera, Sound and Taxi Driver.  We always cheered them on, clapped and were high fiving all around so they knew that we were all one team. When the Taxi driver has no sense of urgency, that's when you lose the race by inches.

As far as who we think are final three, this is tough... There are so many good teams, but it seems this season may have some underdogs in the final three.  Trey/Lexi will probably be in the F3 because they're getting in a really good rhythm, they're just such an adorable couple.  The Chippendales will likely make it far because it's inevitable that there will be some seriously physical tasks and these two guys will blow all the other teams out of the water.  We'll reserve the third spot for one of the underdogs like Long Hair Don't Care or the Beekmans. We haven't seen much of either of those teams in the edit yet but I think we will start seeing more.  Twinnies are strong and Ryan & Abbie are strong as well but ... even strong teams don't make it to the end! Just like our season - we totally thought Andy/Tommy (snowboarders) would be in the final 3, but luck/bad taxi did them in. 

Who are your picks for final 3?

--- Quote from: Mug Costanza on October 15, 2012, 09:12:17 PM ---Hey there, Ernie and Cindy (whenever you get here :P)!

I'm having pretty mixed reactions for this season. I feel like there's too much repetition this season: The route it becoming very similar to your season (first leg in a Chinese-speaking country, two legs in Indonesia, now we've got the next two legs in Southeast Asia), and the cast feels recycled to me (married couple with interesting occupation, second season in a row with "Dating Divorcees" tagline, third season in a row with twins).

On the other hand, out of the three episodes there have been so far, there have been two really close races to not be last (Legs 1 and 3), and the other one had a pretty shocking elimination, I thought (Amy & Daniel... thought they would make it REALLY far).

So I guess my question for the two of you is: Have you been noticing the same things I have, and what are your overall impressions of the season so far?

And then on a separate note, who do you think will make the Final 3? I know it's only been three legs, but I don't think there have been three obvious choices yet.

Thanks, guys! :waves:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

About the taxi issues, we talked about this last week, remember?  I have to point again that is a TAR classic; but is always sad to see teams eliminated because of the mistake of a stranger. 

And mi picks for the F3... As in last season, I must say I have a heart's choice that is different from what we suspect (sorry, I can't ignore our own spoilers of the final leg  :( ); so I'm going to let my heart talk:  Abbie & Ryan, the twins and Trey & Lexi, even though I like the Chips - in fact they're my fourth choice for F3 -.

ianthebalance:
Dear Ernie and Cindy!!!,

In your season, there were some rural areas you guys visited along with major cities (the rural areas were in Indonesia, Thailand, Malwai). So far, it seeme like this season is going to have a LARGE emphasis on cities and a small amount on rural areas. How do you guys feel about this?

Mug Costanza:

--- Quote from: ErnieCindyTAR19 on October 15, 2012, 09:45:31 PM ---But now you know what your 'tagline' should be when YOU audition!! LOLs.

--- End quote ---

If only I had a twin brother! :gaah:

I don't look at the contestant spoilers on this site, only the route spoilers, so I think the Final 3 are gonna be Abbie & Ryan, because they're working together the best, in my opinion; Jaymes & James, because after their Leg 1 disaster, they've gotten their act together; and I'm gonna say James & Abba, because they work very well together, even if they are under-the-radar. I think Trey & Lexi are going to eventually make a silly mistake and be eliminated as a result, but they do have the potential to go very far. I think Natalie & Nadiya will also make it far, but eventually have a meltdown with each other; they work very well together, but they are siblings, after all! ;)

Thanks for answering! How's Ernie holding up with the NHL lockout? :lol:

ErnieCindyTAR19:
For anyone interested in watching MORE videos!! Here are our recaps:

Rob Cesternino (from Season 6 Survivor): http://robhasawebsite.com/amazing-race-recap-ernie-halvorsen.html

AfterbuzzTV with Rachel & Brendon (Season 20): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGXApIVRdwk&list=PL6THzna6gLcdi9aK06UNxy1ATPm9IhOpS&index=1&feature=plpp_video

In Rob's recap show - we talk about an ALL WINNERS TAR for ALL STARS! If you're into this idea please tweet to @AmazingRace_CBS and tell them you want to see @Ernie_Halvo and @CindyCHalvo on the ALL Stars!! 

... ok enough of our plugs  )-**

Thanks for hanging with us tonight! We'll keep answer questions as they come!  :hearts:

ErnieCindyTAR19:
Yeah Taxis are so classic TAR!!!  It still stresses me out to be in Taxi's!

Twinnies are hilarious, right?! and I like the Chippenales too! They have so much fun on the show!

--- Quote from: Alenaveda on October 15, 2012, 09:59:45 PM ---About the taxi issues, we talked about this last week, remember?  I have to point again that is a TAR classic; but is always sad to see teams eliminated because of the mistake of a stranger. 

And mi picks for the F3... As in last season, I must say I have a heart's choice that is different from what we suspect (sorry, I can't ignore our own spoilers of the final leg  :( ); so I'm going to let my heart talk:  Abbie & Ryan, the twins and Trey & Lexi, even though I like the Chips - in fact they're my fourth choice for F3 -.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version