Author Topic: Teams Asked Back For All Stars But Couldn't Compete  (Read 32976 times)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Teams Asked Back For All Stars But Couldn't Compete
« on: October 03, 2012, 08:21:48 PM »
I've been wondering about All-Stars, and the teams that were asked to compete again. For instance, I know that Meredith & Gretchen and Kelly & Jon were asked to return to compete but declined. Were there any other teams?

Offline gigglypiggies

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: Teams Asked Back For All Stars But Couldn't Compete
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 08:24:08 PM »
Idk if you count unfinished business as all-stars, I do, but Brooke and Claire from 17 were asked to return, however one of them was pregnant. :(

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 12:08:31 AM »
Colin & Christie were asked to compete in All-Stars (Season 11), but Christie was pregnant at that time.

Flo & Drew were asked to compete in All-Stars (Season 11), but Flo wouldn't do it without Zach and she thought the Race brought out the worst in her.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 07:44:55 AM »
Kris and Jon were also asked to be in the All Star, but they declined the offer.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 08:45:49 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 07:57:01 AM »
Thanks everyone!  :ghug:

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 11:28:26 AM »
Kris and Jon were also asked to be in the All Star, but they declined the offer.
Really?    :didimiss:     How do you know?    :secret    Kris & Jon are one of my all time favorite teams.

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 01:22:20 PM »
I think I heard about Brooke & Claire (17), but apparently Claire was busy for her wedding preparations or something.
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 06:09:09 PM »
Idk if you count unfinished business as all-stars, I do, but Brooke and Claire from 17 were asked to return, however one of them was pregnant. :(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 06:45:05 PM »

This is the video when you can see it.  It's Nat & Kat receiving their check as winners of TAR17.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTeuA8EBkcU
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 08:42:19 PM »
Meridith and Gretchen  were asked back? I wonder who was at the bottom of the list and were added to the cast as these teams declined.

I vaguely recall reading somewhere that Meredith and Gretchen were asked back but declined because they felt they had gotten too old to be competitive. I have no idea if that is true or not.

I'll quote the Wikipedia information about the selection process for TAR All Stars (season 11) for what it's worth. I don't claim it's reliable, but it's probably as good as any other source.

This season's 11 teams were selected from past contestants, representing seven of the series' first ten editions (omitting Seasons 4, 6, and 8 ).[10] Keoghan personally submitted a list of 15 teams that he thought should return. Ten of them were chosen. The one he didn't choose was Eric and Danielle, who did not previously race together. Keoghan said, "I didn't think of that new combination, which actually is a really good one."[11] He also added that the production team's goal for the race "wasn't to pick the best racers", but "to pick the teams that have earned the most attention over the last 10 seasons".[8] (Despite the "All-Stars" title, only one team, Uchenna and Joyce, was a winner of a previous season.) Some former racers were angered by their omission from All-Stars, most notably Chip and Kim (Season 5) and BJ and Tyler (Season 9) who publicly criticized CBS' casting process.[12] Colin and Christie (Season 5) were expected to be in All-Stars but could not participate due to Christie's pregnancy.[13] Flo Pesenti and Drew Riker (who began dating after meeting on The Amazing Race 3) were invited to participate, but Flo reportedly declined for two reasons: she felt the first race had brought out the worst in her, and her TAR3 winning partner Zach Behr was not invited to join her. The newly created team for All-Stars thus became Eric and Danielle.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 10:44:52 PM »
I believe Ken & Gerard were one of the 15 teams Phil suggested and they actually wanted to do it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 04:12:05 AM »
Meridith and Gretchen  were asked back? I wonder who was at the bottom of the list and were added to the cast as these teams declined.

I vaguely recall reading somewhere that Meredith and Gretchen were asked back but declined because they felt they had gotten too old to be competitive. I have no idea if that is true or not.

I'll quote the Wikipedia information about the selection process for TAR All Stars (season 11) for what it's worth. I don't claim it's reliable, but it's probably as good as any other source.

This season's 11 teams were selected from past contestants, representing seven of the series' first ten editions (omitting Seasons 4, 6, and 8 ).[10] Keoghan personally submitted a list of 15 teams that he thought should return. Ten of them were chosen. The one he didn't choose was Eric and Danielle, who did not previously race together. Keoghan said, "I didn't think of that new combination, which actually is a really good one."[11] He also added that the production team's goal for the race "wasn't to pick the best racers", but "to pick the teams that have earned the most attention over the last 10 seasons".[8] (Despite the "All-Stars" title, only one team, Uchenna and Joyce, was a winner of a previous season.) Some former racers were angered by their omission from All-Stars, most notably Chip and Kim (Season 5) and BJ and Tyler (Season 9) who publicly criticized CBS' casting process.[12] Colin and Christie (Season 5) were expected to be in All-Stars but could not participate due to Christie's pregnancy.[13] Flo Pesenti and Drew Riker (who began dating after meeting on The Amazing Race 3) were invited to participate, but Flo reportedly declined for two reasons: she felt the first race had brought out the worst in her, and her TAR3 winning partner Zach Behr was not invited to join her. The newly created team for All-Stars thus became Eric and Danielle.

Poor Phil. The only team he didn't want on the race won. :tantrum

And I believe Teri and Ian were a replacement for Meredith and Gretchen, John Vito and Jill was a replacement team too (Kris and Jon or any other dating/married couple).

I on the other hand was glad BJ and Tyler was not chosen. THANK GOD.

Online ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 08:21:09 AM »

Poor Phil. The only team he didn't want on the race won. :tantrum

And I believe Teri and Ian were a replacement for Meredith and Gretchen, John Vito and Jill was a replacement team too (Kris and Jon or any other dating/married couple).

I on the other hand was glad BJ and Tyler was not chosen. THANK GOD.

BJ and Tyler are awesome!

Anyone else find it ironic that the two most positively editing winning teams (Chip and Kim, BJ and Tyler), were the winners that complained openly. :lol3:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 12:05:42 PM »
The reason why BJ and Tyler were not asked back was because they weren't well-received by the viewers. The most positively edited winner = uchenna and Joyce... please. :lol:

Online ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 07:40:57 PM »
The reason why BJ and Tyler were not asked back was because they weren't well-received by the viewers.

This is not an official fact. I heard and know a lot of people who loved the hippies. BTW, I have noticed that you always say your opinions as facts in the forums.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 08:03:02 PM »
The reason why BJ and Tyler were not asked back was because they weren't well-received by the viewers.

This is not an official fact. I heard and know a lot of people who loved the hippies. BTW, I have noticed that you always say your opinions as facts in the forums.

It is a fact. Roughly half of the people that were watching TAR9 did not like the hippies. The other half loved the hippies.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2012, 09:38:55 PM »

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2012, 06:56:40 AM »

It is a fact. Roughly half of the people that were watching TAR9 did not like the hippies. The other half loved the hippies.

In the same way Chris Brown loves Rihanna.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2012, 08:25:12 AM »

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2012, 10:27:46 AM »

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2012, 02:13:41 PM »
Let's not deviate away from the point of the thread... :)

I haven't heard of Kris and Jon being asked back, who can confirm that?

Offline randyortonwwe

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Hi
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2014, 04:29:56 AM »
TAR24 has the most withdrawals and declines

Andy & Tommy
Jaymes & James
Trey & Lexi

Brooke & Claire
Tim & Marie :'( :'( :'(

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2014, 06:09:15 AM »
TAR24 has the most withdrawals and declines

Andy & Tommy
Jaymes & James
Trey & Lexi

Brooke & Claire
Tim & Marie :'( :'( :'(
WE COULD HAVE HAS BROOKE AND CLAIRE, TIM AND MARIE, TREXI, AND THE CHIPPENDALES???
THIS IS WHY TAR24 SUCKED. I'm sure JJ replaced Tim & Marie, but I actually liked JJ this time. I think Country replaced Brooke & Claire.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2014, 07:15:04 AM »
In Season 11, Phil had a list of 15 teams he thought should be invited back. 10 teams joined, and Eric & Danielle were the 11th team. The other five teams were Colin & Christie (who accepted but withdrew because Christie got pregnant), Dave & Lori (S9), Kris & Jon, Flo & Drew (S3 hybrid team), and Kelly & Jon (S4).

In S18, all I know is that Brook & Claire wanted to join but withdrew because Claire got pregnant. Also, I read on TVtropes that Steve & Linda (S14) were emergency alternates and was at the starting line city (in case something happens to one of the teams).

In S24, there was a leak of 10 teams that would join, names included Tim & Marie, Pam & Winnie, and Andy & Tommy (you know, the teams that are more ALL STAR than who we got). I'm guessing they didn't expect so much of their initial picks to not want to return. But then again, I don't know if that list is even official.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 09:56:54 PM by Karpov617 »
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2014, 07:34:19 AM »
STEVE & LINDA??!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLx100000000000^1000000000000