The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Teams Asked Back For All Stars But Couldn't Compete

<< < (2/10) > >>

AR FAN:

--- Quote from: Alenaveda on October 04, 2012, 07:44:55 AM ---Kris and Jon were also asked to be in the All Star, but they declined the offer.

--- End quote ---
Really?    :didimiss:     How do you know?    :secret    Kris & Jon are one of my all time favorite teams.

choroneko:
I think I heard about Brooke & Claire (17), but apparently Claire was busy for her wedding preparations or something.

georgiapeach:

--- Quote from: gigglypiggies on October 03, 2012, 08:24:08 PM ---Idk if you count unfinished business as all-stars, I do, but Brooke and Claire from 17 were asked to return, however one of them was pregnant. :(

--- End quote ---

Alenaveda:

--- Quote from: gigglypiggies on October 03, 2012, 08:24:08 PM ---Idk if you count unfinished business as all-stars, I do, but Brooke and Claire from 17 were asked to return, however one of them was pregnant. :(

--- End quote ---

This is the video when you can see it.  It's Nat & Kat receiving their check as winners of TAR17.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTeuA8EBkcU

Plaidmoon:

--- Quote from: Leafsfan on October 04, 2012, 08:02:05 PM ---Meridith and Gretchen  were asked back? I wonder who was at the bottom of the list and were added to the cast as these teams declined.

--- End quote ---

I vaguely recall reading somewhere that Meredith and Gretchen were asked back but declined because they felt they had gotten too old to be competitive. I have no idea if that is true or not.

I'll quote the Wikipedia information about the selection process for TAR All Stars (season 11) for what it's worth. I don't claim it's reliable, but it's probably as good as any other source.

This season's 11 teams were selected from past contestants, representing seven of the series' first ten editions (omitting Seasons 4, 6, and 8 ).[10] Keoghan personally submitted a list of 15 teams that he thought should return. Ten of them were chosen. The one he didn't choose was Eric and Danielle, who did not previously race together. Keoghan said, "I didn't think of that new combination, which actually is a really good one."[11] He also added that the production team's goal for the race "wasn't to pick the best racers", but "to pick the teams that have earned the most attention over the last 10 seasons".[8] (Despite the "All-Stars" title, only one team, Uchenna and Joyce, was a winner of a previous season.) Some former racers were angered by their omission from All-Stars, most notably Chip and Kim (Season 5) and BJ and Tyler (Season 9) who publicly criticized CBS' casting process.[12] Colin and Christie (Season 5) were expected to be in All-Stars but could not participate due to Christie's pregnancy.[13] Flo Pesenti and Drew Riker (who began dating after meeting on The Amazing Race 3) were invited to participate, but Flo reportedly declined for two reasons: she felt the first race had brought out the worst in her, and her TAR3 winning partner Zach Behr was not invited to join her. The newly created team for All-Stars thus became Eric and Danielle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version