Author Topic: TAR 21 Premiere Discussion! Hosted by TAR 19's Cindy and Ernie!  (Read 86981 times)

Offline ErnieCindyTAR19

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 21 Premiere Discussion! Hosted by TAR 19's Cindy and Ernie!
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2012, 11:22:40 PM »
When we were racing and had won the 1st leg... and come in 1st in the second leg (later to get sent back to the orphanage), we thought we might have put a target on our back.  But I honestly think that right away, you assess the other teams and see who is physically strong and mark them a 'threat.' As you get to learn more about the teams, you start to glean the ones that are physically strong AND intelligent (both book smart and street smart), and these are a 'bigger threat'.  Now, if they ALSO get good luck - well... these are the teams you look out for!

When you're at the head of the pack, you always feel like there is a target on your back, even if you're not winning every leg. You just have to play a strong game, race against the course, and hope that you finish the course faster than any of the other teams still there. Ryan & Abbie might have a target on their back - but I think they would have raced tough even if they hadn't won the first leg. 

As for the other teams - they're still racing hard because $1 Million is still a million more little green things they didn't have before the race.  It's still a pretty solid incentive to win that final leg!

Thanks you two for being here!! :hearts:

I too would like to know...how do you cope with being the strong team with a target on your back? Did Abbie and Ryan just become the team to beat at all costs...or since they can't win the $2 million, will the other teams care??

Offline ErnieCindyTAR19

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2012, 11:24:19 PM »
WRP did an AWESOME job casting this season. So many unique characters. We wonder sometimes if they went out to look for the lumberjacks because Marcus kept calling Andy/Tommy "lumberjacks" during our season!!

Everyone's character is so unique that this will be a wonderful dynamic among the teams.

My favourites are the Chippendales, the Twinnies, and then everyone else close behind. :lol:

I think WRP did a great job casting this season, and I'll be looking forward to the rest of the season! I want more Twinnies quotes!  :lol3:

Offline ErnieCindyTAR19

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2012, 11:25:51 PM »
Why do you think they did a bad job on the route? Where would you rather seem them go??

I like the rockers too! I'm sure we will see a good amount of them during this season. Gary & Will are so silly! They have the funniest intro with all their tapes!

Favorites are James and Abba , and Gary and Will  :hearts: :luvya: :hearts: :luvya:

I like the blondes , too!!!

I think WRP did a bad job on the route for this Season...  :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2012, 11:30:04 PM »
I know I shouldn't be reading this thread because I still haven't watched this episode... :lol:

So, I'm just randomly posting here to say that I love Ernie and Cindy! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

#imouttahere #mustremainunspoiled #erniecindylove
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2012, 11:30:43 PM »
Well , if you see from our spoilers here , there is no
Show content
africa
and no
Show content
new countries
, and we have China and
Show content
Russia/Netherlands/Indonesia
again (which are too recent) . I was hoping for new things...new countries. But let's see how good are the tasks , before saying it all...

I think it's too standard and
Show content
europe based
. But that's just my opinion , hee  :lol: :lol:

And about the rockers , they went bad on the navigation , it could be a first place... :(
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline ErnieCindyTAR19

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2012, 11:34:17 PM »
I know I shouldn't be reading this thread because I still haven't watched this episode... :lol:

So, I'm just randomly posting here to say that I love Ernie and Cindy! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

#imouttahere #mustremainunspoiled #erniecindylove

AWWWW Thank you so much for stopping by and saying hi!!!   :ghug:  :hearts: :hearts:

Offline ErnieCindyTAR19

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2012, 11:35:40 PM »
Show content
africa
and no
Show content
new countries
, and we have China and
Show content
again (which are too recent) . I was hoping for new things...new countries. But let's see how good are the tasks , before saying it all...

Show content
europe based

And about the rockers , they went bad on the navigation , it could be a first place... :(

Oh... yeah I forgot about the spoiler thing!  I would love to see Bhutan or Nepal... or Laos... there are still so many more countries to visit!!!!

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2012, 11:38:31 PM »
Show content
africa
and no
Show content
new countries
, and we have China and
Show content

Show content
europe based

Oh... yeah I forgot about the spoiler thing!  I would love to see Bhutan or Nepal... or Laos... there are still so many more countries to visit!!!!

EXACTLY MY POINT!!! If they LOOOVE asia so much , and have to do at least 3 legs there by season , why to not go to Mongolia , Bhutan , Nepal , Myanmar , Phillipines...?

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2012, 11:42:44 PM »
What about locations , guys , what was your favorite place to Race?

Offline ErnieCindyTAR19

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2012, 11:47:00 PM »

We really loved many of the places that we raced and were just so fortunate to get the opportunity to see the world this way!

Ernie's favorite place was Copenhagen. We were finally able to drive on our own and we could see the beautiful countryside. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. The main town was quaint and cobblestones, it was all just so beautiful.

Cindy loved getting to see Taiwan where her parents were raised. We were actually racing through the city when my brother was living in TW - and it was his birthday!! So we were there in spirit! Another favorite place was Indonesia. We love the temples (our favorites are in Siem Reap, Cambodia - we're going again in a few weeks) and Borobudur was just so amazing to get to see up close and personal.  Hoping to get back there soon!

What about locations , guys , what was your favorite place to Race?

Offline ErnieCindyTAR19

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2012, 11:49:53 PM »
We didn't talk about the 2 roadblock set-up yet!  This season started with just 2 roadblocks, no detours.  Usually each episode has 1 roadblock and 1 detour.  On our season, we had 1 roadblock but then a task (the dragon boat racing).  I guess with so many teams, it's better to focus on introducing us to the teams rather than having to explain the detour.  The last time they offered a detour on leg 1 was Season 18, but everyone picked the same task. Only Amanda & Kris had to do the other detour since they automatically were given a u-turn because they completed the 1st task last.

Do you like this 2 Roadblock format better than the Roadblock-Detour combo? At least for the first episode...

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2012, 11:50:51 PM »
I loved it! I think we shouldn't have a Detour on the first leg , really. But it shouldn't be ONLY 1 roadblock too! So it was perfect to get the race started!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And my last question cause it's already 2 AM here in Brazil  :lol: :lol: :lol: :

We had some unaired things in the Indonesia leg , and in the Taipei leg...could you tell us a little bit about the unaired things on the race?

(check the anwser tomorrow i guess  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: good night y'all!!! and thanks to cindy and ernie for anwsering my thousand questions  :lol: :lol: :lol:  :hrt: :hrt: :hrt:)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2012, 11:54:41 PM »
I wonder if a Detour-RB was just too time consuming to show? I like the RB-RB format, I just wish that we had more time to see everything.

What do you all think about eating tasks in general?? Even culturally semi-relevant ones?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2012, 11:57:03 PM »
I don't mind the 2 roadblocks instead of 1 roadblock and 1 detour. I just thought the episode should have been longer because everything felt rushed, even more than usual for first episodes. I guess the editing was building up to the exciting pit stop finish.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2012, 11:57:34 PM »
Hi Ernie & Cindy!  :waves:

I just LOVE how you guys are still involved in the TAR community. I always love reading your tweets and opinions on the current race! Always nice to see fans of the show win it and still enjoy their experience even after the show has aired!! Thank you guys for sharing your experience of being on the race with us all! Ernie and Cindy love :hrt:

My question for you guys: With multiple teams walking straight past the lady with the abacus this leg, I wondered if it's actually quite difficult to see and find the clueboxes/Phil/cluegivers as they make it appear really obvious on TV. I know when you're racing hard you're tired and hungry etc, so does that come into play a lot when you're paying attention to detail? On your season, did you see very many markers around the locations and clues?? :) Sorry to bombard you guys with so much, but I just adore you two! :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2012, 11:57:48 PM »
Just dawned on me...AMy/Daniel lost the first place by seconds, AND Rob/Sheila lost the leg by seconds. I don't remember a race with two closer finishes!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ErnieCindyTAR19

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2012, 12:04:17 AM »
I agree, the 2-roadblock set up was great for time and allowing us to focus on meeting the teams.

In our Taiwan leg, there was an additional task where we had to get the next clue from the mall where Kaylani had to bungee jump. That was really the only un-aired thing.  It was a small part of the leg and didn't really add much value to the storyline so it was cut.

In Indonesia, it was all crazy! The pit stop was particularly chaotic. We checked in first and it was awhile before anyone realized we still had the orphanage money!  Cindy cried a lot on the run back to the orphanage and she's happy they didn't show that, hahah.  It would have been embarrassing! We just really thought we were going to get eliminated for not giving all of our money and to be first to check in and now fear elimination, it was emotional overload!  When we were running back to the orphanage, we saw so many teams going to check in so we thought for sure we were going to get eliminated. Since we were the first team Phil had to send back, we didn't realize so many other teams would also be coming back.  It's still hard for us to wrap our heads around what really happened in that leg. We only know the things that we personally experienced - but we have heard stories from other racers too.  And it was SO hot that day. Cindy was wearing Ski Pants because in the Muslim country, you can't wear tight spandexy pants. But she only brought 1 other pair of pants and it was too hot to run in them.

Thank you for watching from Brazil!!!  Let's hope the race goes back there soon!

I loved it! I think we shouldn't have a Detour on the first leg , really. But it shouldn't be ONLY 1 roadblock too! So it was perfect to get the race started!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And my last question cause it's already 2 AM here in Brazil  :lol: :lol: :lol: :

We had some unaired things in the Indonesia leg , and in the Taipei leg...could you tell us a little bit about the unaired things on the race?

(check the anwser tomorrow i guess  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: good night y'all!!! and thanks to cindy and ernie for anwsering my thousand questions  :lol: :lol: :lol:  :hrt: :hrt: :hrt:)

Offline ErnieCindyTAR19

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2012, 12:07:37 AM »
I wonder if a Detour-RB was just too time consuming to show? I like the RB-RB format, I just wish that we had more time to see everything.

What do you all think about eating tasks in general?? Even culturally semi-relevant ones?

The eating tasks are always so disgusting. Cindy's family is from China so she has been presented with some really gross things to eat, but once you get over the thought that 'you're not supposed to eat this', it's usually not too bad.  Except once she ate duck tongues in soup and those were gross because they still looked like a tongue.

The eating challenge that is the most memorable was when they ate the cow lips. Which season was that again? There were 2 teams doing the challenge together because of the intersection, and they still didn't finish first.  The cow lips were hairy and still had teeth in them! ewwblechewewe

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2012, 12:16:04 AM »

The eating tasks are always so disgusting. Cindy's family is from China so she has been presented with some really gross things to eat, but once you get over the thought that 'you're not supposed to eat this', it's usually not too bad.  Except once she ate duck tongues in soup and those were gross because they still looked like a tongue.

The eating challenge that is the most memorable was when they ate the cow lips. Which season was that again? There were 2 teams doing the challenge together because of the intersection, and they still didn't finish first.  The cow lips were hairy and still had teeth in them! ewwblechewewe

It was in Season 10.  :tup: And Dustin & Kandice  bet the Fast Forwarded people.  :conf:

Offline ErnieCindyTAR19

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2012, 12:17:45 AM »
Hi There! Thank you SO much for following us on twitter (@Ernie_Halvo @CindyCHalvo) and keeping in touch!!! We loved our experience on the show and are so thankful for the opportunity.  After actually running, we have such a new found appreciation about the entire production. You cannot even imagine the number of people involved and the intensity of the logistics surrounding the Race.  It is really a world-class show with the best production crew you could find.

Sometimes the clues are obvious but sometimes they are really obscure! In this leg, we heard the abacus lady was extremely difficult to find. The area where teams were searching stretched for miles and miles, and teams would run back and forth across the stretch and pass her up multiple times.  The only identification was the red umbrella and the red/yellow color scheme of her clothes, and the abacus.  It must have been hard to know what to even look for. Some of the teams didn't know what an abacus was!  It's funny, because Cindy grew up with an abacus that her mom used, lol.

On our season, sometimes the clues were really easy and we knew right away. When the clue box is around, that's the easiest way to find it. We only saw that clue box 3 times - in Malawi in the stadium, in Hamburg at the train station and in Atlanta at the flight school.  They found much more creative ways to hide the clues! The toughest clue for us was the first one in Taiwan.  It was so hard to know to look at the digital display with red and yellow balloons on it! good thing the rest of the season's clues weren't as difficult or most of us would still be lost somewhere in a foreign country!

It's so easy to watch from our sofas and think "why don't they see her! She's sitting right there!" but in reality, there's no camera zoomed in on her, pointing out the exact location to you. You have the whole area to look around and when you're frantic or panicking, your thinking isn't clear. Plus, the racers are tired/jet lagged from the long trip, and probably hungry since all they ate was airplane food... and well... Fallopian tubes (ew).

Thank you again for watching and for asking questions!!!

Hi Ernie & Cindy!  :waves:

I just LOVE how you guys are still involved in the TAR community. I always love reading your tweets and opinions on the current race! Always nice to see fans of the show win it and still enjoy their experience even after the show has aired!! Thank you guys for sharing your experience of being on the race with us all! Ernie and Cindy love :hrt:

My question for you guys: With multiple teams walking straight past the lady with the abacus this leg, I wondered if it's actually quite difficult to see and find the clueboxes/Phil/cluegivers as they make it appear really obvious on TV. I know when you're racing hard you're tired and hungry etc, so does that come into play a lot when you're paying attention to detail? On your season, did you see very many markers around the locations and clues?? :) Sorry to bombard you guys with so much, but I just adore you two! :lol:

Offline ErnieCindyTAR19

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2012, 12:19:27 AM »
oh my gosh! we heard that we were supposed to go to Laos! But, we can't complain because maybe if we went to Laos, we could have gotten eliminated that leg!

Thank you for watching - you're so sweet!

Show content
africa
and no
Show content
new countries
, and we have China and
Show content

Show content
europe based

Laos was supposed to be the fifth leg on your guys season!

Its so surreal speaking to the winners of the Amazing Race!  :-[

Offline ErnieCindyTAR19

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2012, 12:21:03 AM »
SECONDS!!!  That was a VERY close 1st and last!  If the chippendales hadn't seen where the pit stop was (when they went there on accident with Brittany & Cait), I bet Rob & Shelia would have made it. The season would be so different!  But I LOVE how everything plays out!

Just dawned on me...AMy/Daniel lost the first place by seconds, AND Rob/Sheila lost the leg by seconds. I don't remember a race with two closer finishes!

Offline ErnieCindyTAR19

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2012, 12:22:09 AM »
Yea, that's the one! I love Dustin & Kandice by the way. One of my favorites ever to run!

It was in Season 10.  :tup: And Dustin & Kandice  bet the Fast Forwarded people.  :conf:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2012, 12:23:00 AM »
I ADORE the "new" clueboxes!! But they could be much harder to spot! Were y'all given a head's up that they might be different in orientation or was it a big shock??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ErnieCindyTAR19

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2012, 12:24:27 AM »
OK it's off to bed for us, but if you have questions, post them here! We'll try to answer everyone's questions as you post them!  Have a great week and thanks for stopping by to chat about our favorite show. Thanks to Peach for inviting us on here - we had so much fun!  Thanks to everyone reading and asking questions!  If you're on Twitter, you can find us at : @Ernie_Halvo and @CindyCHalvo 

:ghug: