Author Topic: TAR 21 Premiere Discussion! Hosted by TAR 19's Cindy and Ernie!  (Read 86978 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 21 Premiere Discussion! Hosted by TAR 19's Cindy and Ernie!
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2012, 12:26:41 AM »
You guys did an awesome job, thank you SO much!! You have a standing invite to make this a regular event if you would like!!

:tu for doing this!! :kuss:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2012, 12:34:13 AM »
I don't really have a question for you, Ernie and Cindy. Just wanted to say congratulations on the wedding, and I hope you can come back and do this every week, if you can. :) Thanks for taking the time!
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2012, 12:36:22 AM »
Thank you so much Ernie & Cindy! :luvya:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2012, 12:44:53 AM »
:tu Ernie & Cindy and sweet dreams! 

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2012, 02:29:20 AM »
Thank you Ernie and Cindy for your amazing sharing! Always fun to read!! :conf: :tup:

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2012, 06:32:44 AM »
Hi Ernie and Cindy!  I only discovered The Amazing Race at the start of this year and looking through them you were one of the few winners I didn't mind winning (Rachel and TK maybe being another).  Would have liked the snowboarders to get to the final as well though.

Anyway I found this premiere really disappointing.  The tasks just seemed recycled and pretty easy, I hardly got to know any of the teams, the editing just seemed for those with a short attention span as it was so rushed even though not that much was happening.  The only real drama seemed at the end in finding the abacus.  And I don't see the point of the 2 million twist, it only concerns one team now and I really wish they had used any extra money for tasks and locations.

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2012, 08:31:33 AM »
Aww... I missed this. :(
I hope you come back next week, Ernie and Cindy! :hrt:
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2012, 01:40:36 PM »
The new clueboxes actually started only in TAR 19 right? I remembered we thought there was a conspiracy for the finale task for TAR 19.. turns out it was a false alarm! Would have been such a great finale memory task for that season!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2012, 08:55:27 AM »
Hi Ernie and Cindy!  I only discovered The Amazing Race at the start of this year and looking through them you were one of the few winners I didn't mind winning (Rachel and TK maybe being another).  Would have liked the snowboarders to get to the final as well though.

Anyway I found this premiere really disappointing.  The tasks just seemed recycled and pretty easy, I hardly got to know any of the teams, the editing just seemed for those with a short attention span as it was so rushed even though not that much was happening.  The only real drama seemed at the end in finding the abacus.  And I don't see the point of the 2 million twist, it only concerns one team now and I really wish they had used any extra money for tasks and locations.

CBS/World Race Productions knows that there is approximately a 10% probability that they will have to pay out the extra million. This had to have been part of their budgeting for the show. It did not allow them to spend a real $1,000,000 extra on tasks and locations.

Offline ErnieCindyTAR19

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2012, 10:00:41 PM »

Aww thank you so much!!! We have had such a wonderful year and are blessed to have each other, our family and friends, and of course, all of you - our RFF Family!

I don't really have a question for you, Ernie and Cindy. Just wanted to say congratulations on the wedding, and I hope you can come back and do this every week, if you can. :) Thanks for taking the time!

Offline ErnieCindyTAR19

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2012, 10:03:49 PM »
Haha thanks so much!!  We love Andy & tommy, they were such a strong team!!! They have been tons of fun to race with as well as our friendship after the show.  Truly wonderful guys.

We also felt this premiere was a bit disappointing - it all seemed fairly easy and there wasn't much time to get to know the racers. I liked the 2 roadblock format because a detour would have taken too much time to explain (thus fewer min to meet the teams) but we still felt like there could have been a little more story there.

The two million twist will be interesting, unless Ryan & Abbie don't make it to final 3. Then, it just drew the suspense of however long Ryan & Abbie made it.

Thanks for watching and thanks for the support!!  :hearts:

Offline ErnieCindyTAR19

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2012, 10:05:36 PM »
We hardly ever saw the clue boxes! Which is maybe because they were new and they didn't want them to get dirty or something  :lol:

How come there was no memory task in TAR 20!?!  I think this season will be soooo hard because they have to make up for missing it last season!

The new clueboxes actually started only in TAR 19 right? I remembered we thought there was a conspiracy for the finale task for TAR 19.. turns out it was a false alarm! Would have been such a great finale memory task for that season!