Author Topic: Ep 1 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 33041 times)

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Ep 1 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**
« Reply #125 on: October 01, 2012, 05:01:03 PM »
Personally, I think this pilot is stronger than the last season (season 20).

I'm not sure about that.  I thought bringing the balloons down for the clue was more visually brilliant than anything in this.  I suppose as I already knew about Brendon and Rachel that helped me at the start of last season too. 

The editing was very choppy I thought like it tried to create fake excitement instead of having some real drama unfold more naturally.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #126 on: October 02, 2012, 05:24:59 AM »
I easily think this is one of the weaker premieres of TAR.

It wasn't so much the tasks, they were average. BUT, the editing was horrid. Absolutely AWFUL. Everything was chopping and changing, WAY too rushed for my liking! It was extremely hard to follow, I honestly can't remember much of what happened in the episode.

Also, IDK about anyone else, but it really didn't even feel like teams were in China.. I felt the episode was completely rushed and bypassed the whole "I hate China cause it's so confusing and nobody speaks English" mind boggle and breakdowns China usually presents to teams.. Just a really sucky leg IMO and it had nothing to do with teams or the tasks - it was just presented in a really odd way. But feel free to discuss and disagree :)

Finally watched it through streams  :yess:

Pointers:

1. Indeed it was weak, maybe they want to SHOWCASE the big surprise of $2MILLION  at the starting line, that's why they put the intro a bit longer?!?  :duno:

2. The starting line task was physically challenging and the difficulty rate for 11 teams to be documented by the crew maybe one of the factor.. but I think they have too much angle... soo much that they even confused which one to put (helicopter-a must, first person helmet camera- also a must, the rest was additional)

3. chinese culture also only relevant to the restaurant, the stadium and the bund I think was more to the modern era

4. there's no slot for the teams to get to know each other (usually shown at the airport) where teams stare to each other and start making assumptions.. (like famous tv starts, etc..etc..)

5. so yeah, it was a rush one, a little too much footage rather than showing teams in transport mode (argue with taxi driver, get lost, etc...)

6. I HOPE they can paid it off at the second Episode, where Indonesians RFFers expect a high showcase of cultures and traditions..  :hrt:
Some really good points there, ZouLy! I totally agree!  :tup:

I thought it was kind of shallow of Ryan & Abbie to pass Daniel & Amy who had helped them.
I was glad that Daniel and Amy did not make a stink about it.
I doubt that either of those teams will finish first anyway.
From that moment on my hate on Abbie & Ryan just grows.  :'(

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2012, 07:28:14 AM »
And those who are amazed by there being an amputee on race, well this isn't a first it's been done before, I remember.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #128 on: October 03, 2012, 09:28:22 AM »
And those who are amazed by there being an amputee on race, well this isn't a first it's been done before, I remember.
Yeah, it was Sarah from TAR10 (quite a while ago...)

Amy is the first double amputee.
But not the first amputee overall.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 06:48:54 AM by Marionete »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #129 on: October 03, 2012, 11:19:54 AM »
Amy is the first double amputee.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.