Author Topic: Ep 1 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 32891 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Ep 1 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2012, 08:18:53 PM »
Please come join Cindy and Ernie (TAR 19) for a post episode discussion later on!!

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,27956.msg805425/topicseen.html#new
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BitchBitch

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2012, 08:21:49 PM »
Nobody noticed that the Chips did a Paul & Steve.. if you know what I mean.  :lol:

There's one major difference: The Chips will WIN and be LIKEABLE.

Hmmmmmm. We'll see about that. :lol: Anyway, Trey and Lexi told the chips the directions too. So if they get beaten out by the chips.. they can only blame themselves. LOL
LOL both teams were stupid...Trey and Lexi could've got rid of chips... :lol3: :tantrum

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2012, 08:23:02 PM »
What saved the Chippendales, apparently, was the fact they had already found where the pit stop was, their problem appears to be that they hadn't gone down the riverwalk area (Bund) as far down as they needed to find the abacus lady and son. So once they had that last clue they could run and catch Bob and Sheila because the boys knew where they were going.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #103 on: September 30, 2012, 08:24:07 PM »
Very good point you made there, theschnauzers.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: September 30, 2012, 08:25:17 PM »
What saved the Chippendales, apparently, was the fact they had already found where the pit stop was, their problem appears to be that they hadn't gone down the riverwalk area (Bund) as far down as they needed to find the abacus lady and son. So once they had that last clue they could run and catch Bob and Sheila because the boys knew where they were going.

Yeah exactly that , good point!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2012, 08:32:47 PM »
Outstanding job with season's premiere.  I couldn't see it because my soccer team played home tonight and I was at the stadium, but it was like I've really been watching it through your posts on my cell phone.

:ty3:    :yourock:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline greenspam

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2012, 08:34:08 PM »

Nah.. what saved the Chips was that the other teams were too stupid to tell them where to find the clue, even though the other teams knew full well that it was a race to the pit stop!  Unbelievable.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2012, 08:36:59 PM »
TBH, it could be a good tactic. The Chips could feel indebted to Trey & Lexi, and they could help them at another time. Rob & Sheila had already gotten the clue so that didn't matter.

And there is always the fact that, most of the time during the race, teams don't know what position they're in.

Offline greenspam

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2012, 08:41:06 PM »
TBH, it could be a good tactic. The Chips could feel indebted to Trey & Lexi, and they could help them at another time. Rob & Sheila had already gotten the clue so that didn't matter.

And there is always the fact that, most of the time during the race, teams don't know what position they're in.

I respectfully disagree.  There is a time for everything.  Helping another team to the pit stop when you know you are at the end of the packs is just dumb.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2012, 08:46:36 PM »
NO SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD PLEASE!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2012, 08:54:15 PM »
NO SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD PLEASE!!

??? There were spoilers?

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2012, 09:55:30 PM »
I thought it was kind of shallow of Ryan & Abbie to pass Daniel & Amy who had helped them.
I was glad that Daniel and Amy did not make a stink about it.
I doubt that either of those teams will finish first anyway.

Offline sox15

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2012, 10:14:20 PM »
If it's shown on TV by CBS, I suppose we can't consider it a spoiler, right? 

We don't discuss spoilers in this thread, since we have a lot of people who come just to watch the and discuss THIS ep. You can take it to the spoiler discussion thread though!--peach
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 10:19:48 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2012, 10:42:37 PM »
I easily think this is one of the weaker premieres of TAR.

It wasn't so much the tasks, they were average. BUT, the editing was horrid. Absolutely AWFUL. Everything was chopping and changing, WAY too rushed for my liking! It was extremely hard to follow, I honestly can't remember much of what happened in the episode.

Also, IDK about anyone else, but it really didn't even feel like teams were in China.. I felt the episode was completely rushed and bypassed the whole "I hate China cause it's so confusing and nobody speaks English" mind boggle and breakdowns China usually presents to teams.. Just a really sucky leg IMO and it had nothing to do with teams or the tasks - it was just presented in a really odd way. But feel free to discuss and disagree :)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: September 30, 2012, 10:48:31 PM »
Everything was chopping and changing, WAY too rushed for my liking!

I know! It was worst at the start (before the teams landed in China) when they showed practically nothing of the second flight's teams OR the driving trip there. (Ford won't be pleased, not much driving to show off their new Escapes  :lol:)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2012, 11:11:27 PM »
The first ep needs to be at least an hour and a half in order to have time to fit everything in, imo. Or do like TARA used to do and have a "meet the teams" pre episode!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2012, 11:19:23 PM »

It wasn't so much the tasks, they were average. BUT, the editing was horrid.

The problem I had with this episode was how the Chipendales had a meaningful confessional on the race to the pit stop, yet Rob and Shelia DONT and get eliminated. The hardly got ANY airtime at all. Besids that it was good.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #117 on: September 30, 2012, 11:31:15 PM »
I easily think this is one of the weaker premieres of TAR.

It wasn't so much the tasks, they were average. BUT, the editing was horrid. Absolutely AWFUL. Everything was chopping and changing, WAY too rushed for my liking! It was extremely hard to follow, I honestly can't remember much of what happened in the episode.

Also, IDK about anyone else, but it really didn't even feel like teams were in China.. I felt the episode was completely rushed and bypassed the whole "I hate China cause it's so confusing and nobody speaks English" mind boggle and breakdowns China usually presents to teams.. Just a really sucky leg IMO and it had nothing to do with teams or the tasks - it was just presented in a really odd way. But feel free to discuss and disagree :)

Finally watched it through streams  :yess:

Pointers:

1. Indeed it was weak, maybe they want to SHOWCASE the big surprise of $2MILLION  at the starting line, that's why they put the intro a bit longer?!?  :duno:

2. The starting line task was physically challenging and the difficulty rate for 11 teams to be documented by the crew maybe one of the factor.. but I think they have too much angle... soo much that they even confused which one to put (helicopter-a must, first person helmet camera- also a must, the rest was additional)

3. chinese culture also only relevant to the restaurant, the stadium and the bund I think was more to the modern era

4. there's no slot for the teams to get to know each other (usually shown at the airport) where teams stare to each other and start making assumptions.. (like famous tv starts, etc..etc..)

5. so yeah, it was a rush one, a little too much footage rather than showing teams in transport mode (argue with taxi driver, get lost, etc...)

6. I HOPE they can paid it off at the second Episode, where Indonesians RFFers expect a high showcase of cultures and traditions..  :hrt:

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #118 on: October 01, 2012, 04:33:32 AM »
It was really a... erm, ok premiere episode. All I could remember was the twin sisters, foot-race between Abbie and Ryan and Amy and Daniel.. and Chippendales getting lost and barely surviving. Oh, and Rob having to complete the Roadblock again.

On a side note, both all-female teams beat all the all-male teams this season. Hmmm. :lol: I don't think this usually happens. :lol:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: October 01, 2012, 04:38:02 AM »
FF teams beating the MM teams  :luvya:

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2012, 05:57:02 AM »
The first episode was terrible. Easy tasks, locations not that great, teams not that memorable and rushed even though hardly anything was in the episode. The only drama was finding a woman with an abacus.

And as the for the two million twist that only matters for one team anyway.  And really I'd rather they spend money on tasks and exciting locations.  Table tennis with a kid and eating tasks, and absailing a small way were hardly innovative and the whole program seemed very safe, streamlined and conservative.  A program for people with a very short attention span.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: October 01, 2012, 09:21:16 AM »
nvm, it was covered last night by TAR commentary during the episode.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 11:21:33 AM by apskip »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #122 on: October 01, 2012, 12:30:11 PM »
Oh my god guys. I know this sounds disgusting but I just checked up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasma this and actually... it's one of my favourite desserts and mind you, it's REALLY EXPENSIVE IN SINGAPORE. With each bowl costing up to $10 USD in Singapore.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's really sweet if it goes with Bird Nest and just tastes like normal jelly. It's darn good for the skin as well! :lol:

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #123 on: October 01, 2012, 12:43:44 PM »
FF teams beating the MM teams  :luvya:

Yes! I said after the first 5 teams arrived there were 7 women safe and only 3 men! That has to be a record for TAR.

I watched this early and kept saying, is this going to be a TBC episode. It was 4 tasks with introductions of all teams crammed into a one hour show. It was really unfortunate. I hope BVM and Phil are listening.

If they couldn't guarantee a 90 min premiere, then cut the amount of tasks. Was the repelling task at the beginning really necessary? Just make it a short foot race and then the drive to LAX.

And ya, didn't get to see much of the Escapes. We bought a blue 2013 Escape a few months ago, and I was dieing to see who got into the blue one.  :lol:

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #124 on: October 01, 2012, 12:46:20 PM »
Personally, I think this pilot is stronger than the last season (season 20). Shanghai as a first city is beautiful compare to last. Double roadblock is great. We get to see some teams meltdown already. Only odd is the editing towards the last, when the last 4 teams were looking for the woman in abacus. Other than that, this episode was fantastic. I am so sad to see the lumberjack couple go, as I think they could contribute good show on tv. But then again, I love the Chippendales.
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James