Author Topic: AR round 3 game discussion w/Mediia Whore Added  (Read 6984 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
AR round 3 game discussion w/Mediia Whore Added
« on: July 15, 2004, 05:41:39 PM »
Intersesting questions this week~Who wants to go first ?? :D

The Amazing Race 5 Weekly Challenge
Round: 3
Will any team use the yield this week?       (Weight: 30)
 Yes
 No

How much time will elapse between the time the first team leaves the pit stop and the last team leaves?       (Weight: 30)
 1 to 59 minutes
 1 hour to 1 hour 29 minutes
 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 59 minutes
 2 hours or more

Will one or more teams spend the night somewhere where people don't normally spend the night?       (Weight: 40)
 Yes
 No

Who will be waiting at the pit stop with Phil to greet the racers?       (Weight: 35)
 An individual male
 An individual female
 Something else (more than one person, an animal, etc.)

Will we hear the name of any geographic location in the preview for Episode 4?       (Weight: 25)
 Yes
 No

Name one team that finishes the leg ahead of Charla and Mirna.       (Weight: 95)
 Bob/Joyce
 Brandon/Nicole
 Colin/Christie
 Chip/Kim
 Jim/Marsha
 Kami/Karli
 Linda/Karen
 Marshall/Lance
 None

Name one team that finishes the leg behind Charla and Mirna.       (Weight: 95)
 Bob/Joyce
 Brandon/Nicole
 Colin/Christie
 Chip/Kim
 Jim/Marsha
 Kami/Karli
 Linda/Karen
 Marshall/Lance
 None

Which team will be eliminated?       (Weight: 150)
 Bob/Joyce
 Brandon/Nicole
 Charla/Mirna
 Colin/Christie
 Chip/Kim
 Jim/Marsha
 Kami/Karli
 Linda/Karen
 Marshall/Lance

clues~~~~

Tuesday, July 20 10PM ET/PT

Two Teams form an alliance, and when one duo gets stuck, their allies help. When the tables are turned, will the favor be returned, or will the alliance be betrayed?

Tensions come to a boil as two Teams fight in an airport.

One frustrated Team struggles with a task while other Teams fly past them. Will this mean elimination?

Faced with a harrowing task, one Racer is paralyzed by fear and declares, "I can't do it."
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 08:29:28 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: AR round 3 game discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 12:34:50 PM »
From Blows ~

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID37/714.shtml

IN ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA, A FEW TEAMS MUST OVERCOME THEIR FEARS AS THEY ARE FACED WITH SOME OF THE TOUGHEST CHALLENGES YET,
ON "THE AMAZING RACE 5," TUESDAY, JULY 27
"Who Says Pageant Girls Don’t Eat" -- Eight teams make their way from Argentina to St. Petersburg, Russia, where an eating challenge turns out to be a major obstacle for a few of the teams, on THE AMAZING RACE 5, Tuesday, July 27 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is the host of the series.

A rivalry is born when one team rudely interrupts another team while they are trying to get some travel information. Meanwhile, several teams decide to work together, but after getting ahead, one team becomes impatient with the group and slips away to try to move forward on their own. Thanks to the stubbornness of one Racer who insists on taking advice from some clueless locals, one team finds themselves lost and wandering aimlessly in the freezing cold. After taking a commanding lead over the other teams, one duo is stopped in their tracks when faced with the task of eating a gut-wrenching amount of caviar.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 12:44:36 PM »
the previews showed C/M at airport and the brothers and the brothers said they do not like them.  I think the brothers interupt the girls.

Didn't a couple of then say they were afraid of heigths so they did the chips.  One of the moms did the challenge but was afraid of heights and I one of the girls in the guy/girl combo.

Gut wrenching caviar ~ I am thinking Twins.  We know Mirna does not eat meat (said so when she was carring the cow).  Charla would do it to prove herself ~ Jim is an army guy they eat anything ~ pagent girls I am sure have ahd cavier before  ~the borthers well need I say more and I think Chip will eat it.

Teams working together ~ the two models?? bowling moms with C/M?  not C/K with the k/K ;D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2004, 12:51:34 PM by Texan_Survivor »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2004, 12:47:38 PM »
Woohoo Texan..spoil away !!Great job !!! ( So what are your picks ?huhuhuh?)

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 12:55:57 PM »
okay these are my picks right now...but nto putting them in until Monday incase I change my mind  ;)  But right now this is what I am thinking

Will any team use the yield this week?       (Weight: 30)
Yes

How much time will elapse between the time the first team leaves the pit stop and the last team leaves?       (Weight: 30)

2 hours or more

Will one or more teams spend the night somewhere where people don't normally spend the night?       (Weight: 40)
 Yes

Who will be waiting at the pit stop with Phil to greet the racers?       (Weight: 35)

Will we hear the name of any geographic location in the preview for Episode 4?       (Weight: 25)

No

Name one team that finishes the leg ahead of Charla and Mirna.       (Weight: 95)

Colin/Christie

Name one team that finishes the leg behind Charla and Mirna.       (Weight: 95)

Marshall/Lance

Which team will be eliminated?       (Weight: 150)
  Marshall/Lance

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2004, 01:08:26 PM »
I am kinda late, but i want  to play the game now!  Is it too late to get in adn how do i do it?

HELP! ???

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2004, 01:15:56 PM »
no fair ..you have inside information  ;D

Just kidding ..sure you could join ..we'd love it !
Register a name
http://www.realitytvplanet.com/games/

join our league
RealityFanforum
password
banana
http://www.realitytvplanet.com/games/g_lg_leaderboard2.php?lg=amazing_race5_p1cXB&game=amazing_race5

Good Luck Pittgirl..I'm sure you could catch up to us..feel free to help us spoil (hint hint)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2004, 05:29:44 PM »
more clues from Sucks

TAR Episode 4 Title: "Who Says Pageant Girls Don't Eat?

Author  Comment 
 about that 
(7/16/04 8:01 pm)
ezSupporter

Minor Spoilers from CBS's Eye on American show
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I was on an American Airlines flight today and imagine my surprise when I look at the plane's microscopic TV screens and see the best reality TV host ever, Phil K..
He is presenting this month's CBS segments in the "Eye on American" show, and obviously he won't do it for nothing. He repeteadly mentioned that The Amazing Race started this month, and twenty minutes into the show there was a 2- minute promo of the show.
At first, it was a trip down memory lane. Rob and Brennan celebrating their win. Teri and Ian in Vietnam. Flo whining. Oh, yes. Thas was fun.
But on to the juicy stuff. There were several scenes from the new season that haven't been shown, or perhaps I have blinked and not seen them. I'm sure you all will correct me if that is the case. Here they are:
- One of the twins looking very scared and crying her eyes out during a challenge that looked just like one of next week's tasks. However, she was alone.
- The bowling mom's in a small sedan at night, running into the mud and commenting that now they know how Mario Andretti feels.
- the fat brothers quickly changing a flat tire. They were alone.
- when Phil was describing the "Yield", there was a quick shot of a blonde in a ponytail and pink sleeveless top stepping into the yield mat. Honestly, I'm not sure if it was a twin or Mirna.
Then there is a shot of Karen with a worried look, holding a yield card, and her voiceover said "This wait is excrutiating". It seems that a team used the Yield on the bowling moms at some point.
(7/16/04 9:19 am)
Reply   Re: TAR5 Ep2 - Offical Clues and Other Teasers
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 These are just guesses

Quote:
Two Teams form an alliance, and when one duo gets stuck, their allies help. When the tables are turned, will the favor be returned, or will the alliance be betrayed?

There is speculation that Marshall and Lance's flat tire incident, featured in pre-show commercials, happens during this episode. If that's the case, maybe they are one of the teams in the alliance and are helping / being helped with the flat tire.

Quote:
Faced with a harrowing task, one Racer is paralyzed by fear and declares, "I can't do it"

This is probably the parachute task featured in the screencap above, and, considering history, It's probably CBS overhype and possibly that team member does do the task.

Quote:
One frustrated Team struggles with a task while other Teams fly past them. Will this mean elimination?

There's the chocolate task with the cap of Charla eating, which I am 99% sure is the task that the producers called the oompa loopa task in Entertainment Weekly, I'm sure that this is being milked for entertainment value for all its worth, and is the reason why Charla and Mirna are being hyped this week.

------------------

The description of TAR episode 4 says "8 racers," so Episode 3 is an elimination round.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: AR round 3 game discussion /With Mediia Whore Added
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2004, 08:28:22 PM »

However, the level of sucking at Mediiia Whore this season is the most amazing thing other than the race. Over one hundred thought Rex would have 30 or more illegitimate children, yet only 10 people joined that league to bring it's grand total to 15. Mediiia Whore tries to give you free points and you blow it. Come on people get with the program! This might be a hint to cancel the surprise twists this season.

The Welcome Message and Phil's leather pants had a lovely dinner this week. Next week we're going for a romantic moonlight walk on the beach. Maybe the Welcome Message will get lucky.

Results

RealityFanForum (Public) 
Manager puddin
Password N/A
Number of Members 7
Average Total Score 1003
League Rank 20
Average Round Score -35
League Round Rank 24

Member Score Rank

jmarsh98 1172 1
TexanSurvivor 1130 2
puddin 1048 3
x_kicks 953 4
dieevilpecker 918 5
Mamaschatzi 911 6
Snickers_Rise_2_Fame 894 7
Round 2 Scores
Member Score Rank
jmarsh98 257 1
x_kicks 63 2
TexanSurvivor -49 3
dieevilpecker -57 4
puddin -84 5  :'( :'( :'(
Mamaschatzi -141 6
Snickers_Rise_2_Fame -236 7
 Round 3 Picks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Week 3 questions
My Picks 
Question My Answer
Who is eliminated? (95 Minutes of Fame)  Bob/Joyce Brandon/Nicole Charla/Mirna Chip/Kim Colin/Christie Jim/Marsha Kami/Karli Linda/Karen Marshall/Lance No one 
Who uses the fast forward? (50 Minutes of Fame)  Bob/Joyce Brandon/Nicole Charla/Mirna Chip/Kim Colin/Christie Jim/Marsha Kami/Karli Linda/Karen Marshall/Lance No one 
Who uses the yield? (35 Minutes of Fame)  Bob/Joyce Brandon/Nicole Charla/Mirna Chip/Kim Colin/Christie Jim/Marsha Kami/Karli Linda/Karen Marshall/Lance No one 
Who is the yield used on? (34 Minutes of Fame)  Bob/Joyce Brandon/Nicole Charla/Mirna Chip/Kim Colin/Christie Jim/Marsha Kami/Karli Linda/Karen Marshall/Lance No one 
Which team finishes first? (44 Minutes of Fame)  Bob/Joyce Brandon/Nicole Charla/Mirna Chip/Kim Colin/Christie Jim/Marsha Kami/Karli Linda/Karen Marshall/Lance No one 
Which racer is paralyzed by fear? (60 Minutes of Fame)  Bob Brandon Can't be determined Charla Chip Christie Colin Jim Joyce Kami Karen Karli Kim Lance Linda Marsha Marshall Mirna Nicole 
Which team is involved in a fight at the airport? (24 Minutes of Fame)  Bob/Joyce Brandon/Nicole Can't be determined Charla/Mirna Chip/Kim Colin/Christie Jim/Marsha Kami/Karli Linda/Karen Marshall/Lance 
Will Joyce do the Road Block task? (20 Minutes of Fame)  No Yes 
Will Nicole do the Road Block task? (20 Minutes of Fame)  No Yes 
Will Jim do the Road Block task? (20 Minutes of Fame)  No Yes 
Will Colin do the Road Block task? (20 Minutes of Fame)  No Yes 
Will Kim do the Road Block task? (20 Minutes of Fame)  No Yes 
Will Charla do the Road Block task? (20 Minutes of Fame)  No Yes 
Do you want 200 free points? (Psst! the answer is yes) (200 Minutes of Fame)  Maybe No Spleen Yes 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: AR round 3 game discussion w/Mediia Whore Added
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2004, 09:01:47 PM »
my picks..for what its worth..guesses only?
Reality Planet picks

1. Yes
2. 1-59
3. no
4.something else
5. yes
6. Brandon/Nicole
7.Chip/Kim
8.Linda/Karen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mediia whore
My Picks 
Question My Answer
Who is eliminated? (95 Minutes of Fame) Linda/Karen
Who uses the fast forward? (50 Minutes of Fame) No one
Who uses the yield? (35 Minutes of Fame) Charla/Mirna
Who is the yield used on? (34 Minutes of Fame) Linda/Karen
Which team finishes first? (44 Minutes of Fame) Brandon/Nicole
Which racer is paralyzed by fear? (60 Minutes of Fame) Kami
Which team is involved in a fight at the airport? (24 Minutes of Fame) Marshall/Lance
Will Joyce do the Road Block task? (20 Minutes of Fame) Yes
Will Nicole do the Road Block task? (20 Minutes of Fame) No
Will Jim do the Road Block task? (20 Minutes of Fame) No
Will Colin do the Road Block task? (20 Minutes of Fame) Yes
Will Kim do the Road Block task? (20 Minutes of Fame) No
Will Charla do the Road Block task? (20 Minutes of Fame) No
Do you want 200 free points? (Psst! the answer is yes) (200 Minutes of Fame) Yes

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2004, 08:41:55 AM »
Puddin...I must be an idiot...I cant register, it keeps telling me that my username or password is wrong!

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2004, 09:14:33 AM »
you think karen and linda....could be

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2004, 02:14:57 PM »
Texan..I totally suck in these AR games ..it could be any of them leaving tonight..my kids think its the "Twins"..I'm just guessing my picks.. :-[

Pittgirl ? what's the problem?? Which game cant you get in the Mediia Whore or Reality tv Planet?  :-\

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2004, 02:26:20 PM »
puddin ~ on blows they do a thread where you pick who is gettign voted off....they are all split on who too.

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2004, 02:58:45 PM »
Register a name
http://www.realitytvplanet.com/games/

join our league
RealityFanforum
password
banana
http://www.realitytvplanet.com/games/g_lg_leaderboard2.php?lg=amazing_race5_p1cXB&game=amazing_race5

This is what you gave me and I cant do it!!!!!!!!!!

I want in, I want in!  HELPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2004, 03:22:56 PM »
Ok you registered a name there Pittgirl?
http://forums.realitytvplanet.com/profile.php?mode=register

Go to fun&games

on the right you'll see Amazing Race 5( in orange)
http://www.realitytvplanet.com/games/g_1_amazing_race5.php

click on   Leagues Leader Board 
 http://www.realitytvplanet.com/games/g_lg_leaderboard1.php?game=amazing_race5

RealityFanForum
Password
banana

I hope this helps...i really feel bad that you can't get in?? :(

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2004, 07:50:54 PM »
Well, better L8 than never!  Yikes, almost 4got!!!  :o

1: Will any team use the yield this week? Yes
2: How much time will elapse between the time the first team leaves the pit stop and the last team leaves?
1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 59 minutes
3: Will one or more teams spend the night somewhere where people don't normally spend the night? Yes
4: Who will be waiting at the pit stop with Phil to greet the racers?
5: Will we hear the name of any geographic location in the preview for Episode 4?
Yes

Multiple-answer questions:
1: Name one team that finishes the leg ahead of Charla and Mirna.
Kami/Karli

2: Name one team that finishes the leg behind Charla and Mirna.
Linda/Karen

3: Which team will be eliminated? Marshall/Lance I wish! But my guess is Chip/Kim           

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2004, 02:10:53 AM »
Round 3 Reality Planet Results !!!

weecama 495

TexanSurvivor 425

Spooky2 380

RupertBdman 280

PapaBear 280

brownguy 230

Miranda 175

WOOHOO !! Go team RFF !! :D

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2004, 08:31:09 AM »
I figured it out finally!

Thanks for your help puddin!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2004, 02:41:49 PM »
 ;D ;D thank goodness Pittgirl !! Were glad to have you join in our games  :-*

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2004, 08:59:53 AM »
Man I had lance and marshall  >:(  soooo close.  But hey i picked Collin to come in first !!!