Author Topic: TAR 21 Ep 3 "There's No Crying in Baseball"  (Read 44501 times)

Offline Puppet

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Arcanine <3
Re: TAR 21 Ep 3 "There's No Crying in Baseball"
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2012, 07:13:43 AM »
What are they doing in caps 3, 4 amd 5 please? ???

Preparing the fire? That egg cooking sure looks scary. :lol:
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person and she looks perfect
I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight

Online Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2012, 07:22:20 AM »
Hi Prama, could I check with you on the location of the restaurant? I have its address as Jln Raya Darmo 1, and that places it south-southwest of the train station as in the attached maps...

I found it on Jalan Embong Sawo No. 42 Surabaya Timur/Gubeng.. And I think this is the correct picture of the restaurant
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2012, 08:33:52 AM »
Oh there must be a few of them then! I was going off the picture in this post which shows the Jln Darmo address.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2012, 08:36:04 AM »
I'm still not sure as well for the legit info about the restaurant, we had our twitter sighting said it was on Jl. Raya Darmo and was guarded with a lot of police officers, but hopefully the next promo will give away some clue on which one..

In the meantime, I have some indoor pictures of the one in Jl. Raya Darmo, "Antika Jaya", from the website, if you guys can find any comparison or similarities (floor, sign, etc)

http://www.antikajaya.com/?m=0
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Online Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2012, 08:41:08 AM »
It's like "Wijaya Motor" all over again  :lol:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2012, 08:47:03 AM »

Can u guys analyze the font "Rumah Makan Padang" between these two pics?
The one written on the sign.. to me it looks like a match..

Online Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2012, 08:50:22 AM »
I think it's a match Zoul! Also on episode preview, we can see a sign of "Rumah Makan Padang Antika *something*" It must be Antika Jaya then! 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2012, 09:08:29 AM »
I think you have it Zouly!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2012, 09:13:04 AM »

Great..!! Thanks Prama & Peach!

Next mission is to find the U-Turn board..

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2012, 10:07:23 AM »
Some badly decorated house, lol!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2012, 10:10:02 AM »
Isn't the U-Turn in the school?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2012, 10:52:56 AM »
Quote from: Zouly
I can tell she run out of breath or either heavy (can't handle the weight)
The Reog masks are carried with the teeth (see here).
As for the performers, it looks like there's a bit of kuda lumping thrown in. During the KL, performers (supposedly in a trance) will eat glass, (I guess) play with scorpions, and husk coconuts with their teeth.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2012, 11:49:53 AM »
Thanks Slowhatch! Bet their dentists love that!! :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2012, 11:54:22 AM »
Are we able to get clearer caps on the preview?

The signs at the U-Turn look like they read "DAFTAR JAGA POS PERLIMAN" (list of Perliman guard posts) and "FORUM KEMITRAAN... SEKTOR PERLIMAN" (partnership forum... Perliman sector).

So it's a place called Perliman or something similar?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2012, 11:57:26 AM »

That's the best I can do this week.  Sorry...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2012, 01:15:19 PM »

I think the Pit Stop is in part of area in the high school called "Green House", based on this blog:
http://kplh-smanba.blogspot.com/2010/08/struktur-pengurus-kplh.html
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2012, 01:38:10 PM »

The signs at the U-Turn look like they read "DAFTAR JAGA POS PERLIMAN" (list of Perliman guard posts) and "FORUM KEMITRAAN... SEKTOR PERLIMAN" (partnership forum... Perliman sector).

So it's a place called Perliman or something similar?

Yeah, I'm sure the first two words are Forum Kemitraan. Do you think it's Forum Kemitraan Polisi dan Masyarakat (Police and Community Partnership Forum)? I looked Forum Kemitraan up on Google and these words came on top. If it's true, then it matches the other sign that read like, Daftar Jaga Pos Perliman.
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2012, 04:10:02 PM »
The obvious first place to look... The town square (alun-alun) of Bangil.

There's the four-circle-pattern fence around the floodlight, the one-circle-pattern fence around the raised platform with a tree, and the building behind matches up...

(Photo from Neidik on Panoramio)

Could someone who speaks Indonesian check where Perliman is in Bangil? For the uninitiated it's almost like... there is no information in Indonesia. :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 04:33:59 PM by Neobie »

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2012, 05:44:28 PM »
Here's a map quoted from the neighbour discussion thread for neobie hope it'll help a little..

except the fact that Bangil ever got an award as the cleanest suburb from the president, and ever break a national record (MURI) to held the longest fashion show on the street (1KM)

Bangil's nickname is City of Embroidery, means that the main household production is on the clothing, a lot of embroidery art applied to clothes, shoes, and other accessories...

some snaps from Bangil town.. :

"Welcome to Bangil" town gate

Bangil map :

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2012, 08:00:55 PM »
I found a reference to Perliman and Bangil on Foursquare. Here's the link: https://foursquare.com/v/perliman-bangil/4f4ca34ee4b0393385ed6f3e. It's a page for some kind of organization and has a statement about making bodies born again. The location for that group is about 1/2 mile (1 km) north-northeast of the Bangil train station in the Glanggang neighborhood. On Zouly's map above, it would be underneath the green box that says Alun-Alun (Bangil Town Square) about where the hyphen is in Alun-Alun. Here's the link to the Google Map of the area: https://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=-7.593954563140869,112.78424072265625.

I don't know how close that site is to the U-turn site, but I'd bet it's fairly close since all the other sites we know about are nearby. Unfortunately, Google Earth Pro doesn't have many pictures of that area. The ones I looked at don't show much that would be useful.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:06:01 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2012, 08:26:40 PM »
I think there's no need to point that both sides of the Detour are performed in different places of the same location, right?

I found a reference to Perliman and Bangil on Foursquare. Here's the link: https://foursquare.com/v/perliman-bangil/4f4ca34ee4b0393385ed6f3e. It's a page for some kind of organization and has a statement about making bodies born again. The location for that group is about 1/2 mile (1 km) north-northeast of the Bangil train station in the Glanggang neighborhood. On Zouly's map above, it would be underneath the green box that says Alun-Alun (Bangil Town Square) about where the hyphen is in Alun-Alun. Here's the link to the Google Map of the area: https://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=-7.593954563140869,112.78424072265625.

I don't know how close that site is to the U-turn site, but I'd bet it's fairly close since all the other sites we know about are nearby. Unfortunately, Google Earth Pro doesn't have many pictures of that area. The ones I looked at don't show much that would be useful.

Well, looking at Neobie's map of Karatu, last season the U-Turn was almost in the middle of both sides of the Detour. 

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:32:12 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2012, 08:35:25 PM »
I think there's no need to point that both sides of the Detour are performed in different places of the same location, right?

Yeap, for the next leg, the detour took place at the same location (Alun-Alun) Bangil town square, just a different spot between the two..

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2012, 08:48:35 PM »

Yeap, for the next leg, the detour took place at the same location (Alun-Alun) Bangil town square, just a different spot between the two..

I'm the master at stating the obvious.  :-[

I wasn't thinking this out too much. I just saw the posts wondering where Perliman was and added what I found. Not surprisingly, it was near the town square, the importance of which bypassed my thinking until the two of you pointed it out.  )-**

Maybe I should have had some  :food: first. I did just have some  :popcorn: , but it apparently didn't help.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2012, 09:48:23 PM »

I'm the master at stating the obvious.  :-[

I wasn't thinking this out too much. I just saw the posts wondering where Perliman was and added what I found. Not surprisingly, it was near the town square, the importance of which bypassed my thinking until the two of you pointed it out.  )-**

Maybe I should have had some  :food: first. I did just have some  :popcorn: , but it apparently didn't help.

:lol:  :tup:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2012, 01:35:36 AM »
This site has a procession that goes from the Agung Mosque (just west of the alun-alun) via the post office (just north of the alun-alun) to Kersikan (the district northeast of the alun-alun) to Masjid Jarhum (there's a mosque on Zouly's link at the intersection of Jl Dorang and Jl Lumba-Lumba) to Perliman to Pondok Pesantren Putri Salafiyah (a little west, at the intersection of Jl Musing and Jl Mujar) and so on...

This corroborates with Plaidmoon's FourSquare finding; it's very very close to the multiple junction where Jl Musing, Dorang, Hiu, Cucut and Sepat meet.