Author Topic: Season 6: How much longer will Jonathan be on my screen??  (Read 8149 times)

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
Season 6: How much longer will Jonathan be on my screen??
« on: July 05, 2012, 06:04:52 PM »
I don't want to go into the archives, because I prefer not to know the boot order except in the case of Jonathan and Victoria.  I'm 5 episodes in to it, but his behavior is painful to watch. I may skip the rest of the season if he's in it much longer. 

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Season 6: How much longer will Jonathan be on my screen??
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 06:07:43 PM »
In it till Leg 8.

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 06:10:46 PM »
Thanks Aussie!  I think I can stick it out for 3 more legs, with the trade-off of seeing him eliminated.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 06:39:01 PM »
He actually redeems himself somewhat in their last leg.

Offline balfour

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 06:50:12 PM »

Don't think so. Nothing can redeem him. Also iirc he was also a jerk in that leg.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 07:07:01 PM »
boston_jen.........

I sure hope you  struggle through. The disorder/discord does not end when Jonathan is eliminated. If I remember correctly, he only "softens" after he realizes he will be eliminated. But out of that mess arises my all time fav team from any season. So I hope you will follow it through to the end.
Matthew 7:15

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 07:25:38 PM »
I actually kind of enjoyed the first 4 episodes of that season even though Jonathan is annoying.  But those left later on in the season largely bore me.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 08:14:41 PM »

Don't think so. Nothing can redeem him. Also iirc he was also a jerk in that leg.

Offloading all their money (Upwards of US$1000 by that point. Jonathan's gift for panhandling never made it on screen) to a poor village in Ethiopia is a pretty big thing. And how he handed out treats to the kids in Senegal was very touching. Glimpses of Jon when he's not in race mode to paint more of a picture of who he is.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 09:02:18 PM »
Honestly, they are one of my all-time favourite teams. :hearts: :lol:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 08:50:58 PM »
Don't give up on that season, it is one of the best. Jonathan is obnoxious but good entertainment :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 12:11:48 AM »
Victoria: Jonathan does what Jonathan wants.

So yeah, he wants to stay on your TV Screen.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 02:50:26 PM »
Jonathan's behaviour on the race was obnoxious, but let's just say he's... somewhat a nice person?

Like, he replies to fan mails, talks openly and shares about his experiences on the race etc. But nothing can make up for the torture he placed in me while watching the first 8 episodes of TAR 6. I nearly wanted to smash my TV each time I hear the word JONATHANNNNNNNNNNN, or Jonathan's screaming, or Victoria's whining.

And I really do not agree that TAR 6 was one of the best season of all times. It was honestly, one of the worst seasons in terms of casting (full of mactors wannabes, felt like a remake of TAR ASIA) (final 6 of ALL COUPLE TEAMS??? -_-) and worst of all, the season was delayed AS I REMEMBERED CORRECTLY, 3 to 6 months? It killed me at that point, because the cast was released but then the season was delayed!

Locations wise... ummmm ok, I just remembered Europe, Europe and Europe. Plus Sri Lanka and China. Nothing else memorable about the season, except all the mactors teams. Where we have whiney Adam and OMGWTFBBQ hawt Rebecca owning everyone else, <3333 kissy kissy boring Kris and Jon, racist Kendra (can't forget about her racist comment!) and scary Freddy (the gate incident), Hayden and Aaron who were also bickering at times, Lori and Bolo who were also bickering all the time and of course, Jon and Vic who killed my pleasure in watching.

Not a fan of season 6... just not a fan. I remembered I was so disappointed in Lena and Kristy's elimination, followed by Gus and Hera... and the devastating part was Kris and Jon not winning... :gaah:

paldog123456

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 05:10:03 PM »
In Senegal, Kendra said something along the lines of this:

"It's filthy here and so overpopulated. And they just keep breeding and breeding."

In short, very racist and rude.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 05:53:11 AM »
In Senegal, Kendra said something along the lines of this:

"It's filthy here and so overpopulated. And they just keep breeding and breeding."

In short, very racist and rude.

OMG! Love your Mirna avatar!  :luvu:

addie

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2012, 12:00:30 PM »
Loved the Sri Lanka, Ethiopia and Berlin legs of TAR6. However, I agree with Joab. Way too many mactors! :res:
I remember Gus saying something really filosophic and true in the Berlin leg: "We went from the deps of humanation in Africa to the same thing in Europe."

One of the most memorable quotes in Amazing Race History.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 10:39:41 AM by addie »

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2012, 12:48:55 AM »
I actually really enjoyed Season 6, but the best part for me -- by far --  was Gus during the task at the slave gate in Goree Island, Senegal. Quite possibly the single most touching moment in Race history, and if it's not, it's definitely in the top 3.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2012, 05:54:47 PM »
In the end, I am glad I continued, but if I had originally started watching TAR in season 6 instead of season 7, I might not have stuck with the show.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2012, 09:49:08 PM »
I actually really enjoyed Season 6, but the best part for me -- by far --  was Gus during the task at the slave gate in Goree Island, Senegal. Quite possibly the single most touching moment in Race history, and if it's not, it's definitely in the top 3.

That was one of my favourite moments too.

And Gus refusing to go off at the beer task and kept sipping more beer. :lol3:

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2012, 10:00:58 PM »

That was one of my favourite moments too.

And Gus refusing to go off at the beer task and kept sipping more beer. :lol3:

Oh, yes! That was one of the funniest moments of the season  :lol:.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 10:41:34 AM »
Just felt like bumping this thread, hope you guys don't mind.

The oddest thing about Jonathan was that he actually treats everyone else quite well. Except his then-wife of course. If I recall correctly, he actually tried to create some friendships with the taxi drivers he met along the way. Why he didn't Victoria as nicely is quite a mystery to me. Maybe if he had partnered with a friend, perhaps we may hardly have seen his ugly side.

I haven't rewatched TAR6, but iirc in the leg where Jon and Vic got eliminated, Kendra began the leg saying she didn't enjoy returning back to Africa, but at the end of the leg she actually appreciated the continent more.

Kendra and Jonathan are quite the opposite. Kendra gets along better with her partner, but didn't appreciate some of the places she visited. Jon didn't treat his then-wife well, but is quite appreciative of the places and people he met.

TAR6 on the whole was one of my favorite seasons since I am a person who likes couple teams. (Having an all-couple F6 made me quite happy.  :hearts:) I think it's mostly the countries that they visited, visiting Scandinavia, Eastern Europe and Sri Lanka for the first time.)