Author Topic: pre-TAR 22 Speculation  (Read 76466 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: pre-TAR 22 Speculation
« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2012, 08:55:09 PM »

One country that may now be on the permitted list is Myanmar now that President Obama and Secretary Clinton are due there for an official visit in about 10 days. 

Just had a big eathquake there:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/12/world/asia/deadly-myanmar-quake-destroys-bridge-and-mine.html?_r=0
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2012, 09:03:08 PM »
I would be really surprised if the race doesn't start in South America. I'm hoping for Brazil and the Patagonia Region  :hearts:.

Brazil and patagonia would be repetitive. Perú & Ecuador would be really nice. But i don't think SA will be visited this year.

All I'm hoping for South America is that they kill the Chile & Argentina pairing. Whenever Chile is a destination, I always sigh and say "Argentina again, right?" :(

They did it in TAR5 and TAR20.  BTW, Uruguay is a good option, with only one previous visit (TAR5).
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2012, 09:11:16 PM »
I want at least 2 of the fallowing: Peru, Chile, Brazil

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: November 12, 2012, 09:23:39 AM »
I want at least 2 of the fallowing: Peru, Chile, Brazil

Some cool spots they have not visited is The Galápago Islands, Machu Picchu, Lake Titicaca, Easter Island and The Amazon. If they go to Venezuela, it could be so cool if they went to Canaima National Park.  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Amazingracer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #154 on: November 12, 2012, 10:19:58 AM »
One place I feel it's hard for them to not visit, purely for its convenience, is Qatar(Doha). It could easily serve as a transition point between Asia and Europe or even Africa. It would be a new country as well.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: November 12, 2012, 12:05:31 PM »
One place I feel it's hard for them to not visit, purely for its convenience, is Qatar(Doha). It could easily serve as a transition point between Asia and Europe or even Africa. It would be a new country as well.

Could be so great, since there where no new countries in TAR 21.
So i hope there is a lot of new countries like TAR 19 there had 4.
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #156 on: November 12, 2012, 12:57:34 PM »
I'm still betting on a Europe first leg. It's been a while since they started there (Season 17). If this coming season is anything special, I hope North America or a Pacific Island would be the first region to be featured. In order for them to get their ratings back, TAR should include a rarely seen region in the world. Perhaps they could feature Greenland, the Himalayas (Northern India or Nepal), the exotic Central Asia or Pacific Islands. These routes they're featuring recently are too generic.
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #157 on: November 12, 2012, 01:19:18 PM »
I'm still betting on a Europe first leg. It's been a while since they started there (Season 17). If this coming season is anything special, I hope North America or a Pacific Island would be the first region to be featured. In order for them to get their ratings back, TAR should include a rarely seen region in the world. Perhaps they could feature Greenland, the Himalayas (Northern India or Nepal), the exotic Central Asia or Pacific Islands. These routes they're featuring recently are too generic.

I also agree it has been a while since the race had a europe start, but I think they are saving that for Season 23, since we cant have three summer starts in asia in a row. I'm hoping Season 23 starts in SCANDANAVIA!!! :luvya:

Offline NiceGuy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #158 on: November 12, 2012, 02:09:53 PM »
I wonder what the special casting is going to be for TAR22.  I noticed that recently the even numbered seasons have all had either crossover teams or returning teams or something like that.  TAR16 had Jeff & Jordan.  TAR18 was Unfinished Buisness. TAR20 had Brendon & Rachel.  So I'm excited to find out what we're going to have like that in TAR22  :hoot:

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: November 12, 2012, 02:51:44 PM »
Can it start already?  :gaah: :gaah:
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline amazingracer921

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #160 on: November 12, 2012, 06:22:50 PM »
I wonder what the special casting is going to be for TAR22.  I noticed that recently the even numbered seasons have all had either crossover teams or returning teams or something like that.  TAR16 had Jeff & Jordan.  TAR18 was Unfinished Buisness. TAR20 had Brendon & Rachel.  So I'm excited to find out what we're going to have like that in TAR22  :hoot:

Shane and Danielle

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #161 on: November 12, 2012, 06:50:05 PM »
Absolutely. AR22 could already be underway with us not picking it up. It is possible to devise a route that does this, but World Race Productions usually likes a minor amount of during-the-race publicity. If it hasn't started already, there is now a 3 week window to do so.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #162 on: November 12, 2012, 07:58:26 PM »

Not to mention Ethan and Jenna from Survivor on Season 19.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #163 on: November 12, 2012, 09:03:44 PM »

Not to mention Ethan and Jenna from Survivor on Season 19.

Ryan (season 21) was also a former reality show competitor on the Martha Stewart Apprentice, but don't forget about the way past seasons like Rob & Amber from season 7 and all-stars.  ;) They were incredible racers, but had bad attitudes. Alison from Big Brother 4 was forgettable. She participated with her ex-BF, Donny in season 5. I'm hoping for a CBS soap opera or A&E reality appearance couple this season.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #164 on: November 12, 2012, 09:53:20 PM »
Absolutely. AR22 could already be underway with us not picking it up.

No it couldn't.  :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #165 on: November 13, 2012, 11:26:53 AM »

:welcome: to RFF NiceGuy
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #166 on: November 13, 2012, 02:57:54 PM »
Well if all the threads are unlocked I think were getting a start soon :lol:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #167 on: November 13, 2012, 03:25:16 PM »

here  :pray:  if Chateau or other LA detectives could be on field anytime soon...  :colors

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #168 on: November 13, 2012, 04:15:51 PM »
Fingers crossed for a Scandinavian leg
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #169 on: November 13, 2012, 04:19:51 PM »
:hearts:  And....we are LIVE!!  :hearts: 

Hoping for the adventure of a lifetime for our TAR 22 cast!!

Look at what peach posted in the Live Sightings page.
Does that mean the race started today?  :o   :)

Offline hollistersurferboy22

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #170 on: November 13, 2012, 04:31:48 PM »
No idea. But they keep adding posts in the spoiler thread that only say "Saved" and I keep getting excited for nothing.

Can't find anything on twitter

Offline marylandboy234

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #171 on: November 13, 2012, 04:35:06 PM »
@PhilKeoghan thanks Phil!! I was in South Korea when AR came! pic.twitter.com/RNhe6EKL  :duno:  :duno:  :duno:  :duno:

November 11 this was tweeted

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #172 on: November 13, 2012, 04:40:27 PM »
Nah. I bet she is just saying how she was in South Korea when TAR visited back in season 17.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #173 on: November 13, 2012, 04:41:37 PM »
LAX has two flights to Melbourne tonight, though its probably "Its going to Aus/NZ" that happened in 20/21 :lol:

Show content

ETA: Though in recent seasons(TAR20/21) they usually bunch all the teams on a flight to somewhere and have Phil fly direct. Ie in TAR20 Phil flew direct(I think) and the rest connected in Miami and in TAR21 they flew the teams to Taipei and Phil flew direct to film the stand ups & task descriptions.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 04:45:41 PM by Kandace »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #174 on: November 13, 2012, 04:55:17 PM »
:hearts:  And....we are LIVE!!  :hearts: 

Hoping for the adventure of a lifetime for our TAR 22 cast!!

Look at what peach posted in the Live Sightings page.
Does that mean the race started today?  :o   :)

ummm...YES OF COURSE!! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule: