Author Topic: pre-TAR 22 Speculation  (Read 76467 times)

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
Re: pre-TAR 22 Speculation
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2012, 01:30:25 AM »
Oh and I think Bulgaria might be featured. Just a feeling :)

Offline Remembers

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2012, 04:06:52 AM »
I think this season will have a leg or two in India, China, and United Arab Emirates. They seem to love India in the race too.

Ideally I think it may be.

Leg 1 - (United States - > Australia)
Leg 2 - (Australia)
Leg 3 - (Australia -> Philippines)
Leg 4 - (Philippines -> Malaysia)
Leg 5 - (Malaysia -> China)
Leg 6 - (China -> India)
Leg 7 - (India -> United Arab Emirates)
Leg 8 - (United Arab Emirates)
Leg 9 - (United Arab Emirates -> Italy)
Leg 10 - (Italy -> Germany)
Leg 11 - (Germany)
Leg 12 - (Germany -> United States)

Or realistically

Leg 1 - (United States -> Australia)
Leg 2 - (Australia - > Japan)
Leg 3 - (Japan -> Cambodia)
Leg 4 - (Cambodia-> Laos)
Leg 5 - (Laos -> China)
Leg 6 - (China -> India)
Leg 7 - (India)
Leg 8 - (India -> United Arab Emirates)
Leg 9 - (United Arab Emirates -> Sweden)
Leg 10 - (Sweden -> Norway)
Leg 11 - (Norway)
Leg 12 - (Norway - United States)

I don't think these would be bad routes and realistic if they travel directly to Australia.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 04:26:29 AM by Remembers »

Offline Harry4

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2012, 09:39:13 AM »
 :( So supah3ro, there is not much more to see in Australia, since TAR 9, Australia has only been a destination once (TAR 18). There has been 6 times in India, 8 in China (including Hong Kong and Macau, 4 times in Japan, even 3 in Austria and Russia. Also we have had India in Seasons 18 and 20, and Indonesia in 19 and 21. So it is about time we have Australia as a destination also it would be good to see New Zealand in TAR 22.

So supah3ro,would like to get a response why you made that statement about Australia and what is your reasoning behind the comment.

Offline gigglypiggies

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2012, 10:07:45 AM »
I am actually thinking/hoping that they may try for every inhabited continent again. They haven't done that since season 5 I think...and they are slowly building their budget back up. So why not?

If they don't go to Australia/New Zealand next season I will be super surprised. And Africa is pretty much a guarantee if they aren't going to Africa this season. South America/Latin America is a possibility since it isn't being visited this season, but definitely not a guarantee.

I just am hoping for Dubai, Switzerland, and Philippines. Dubai always gives some of the best legs, and the Philippines are such an amazing place. Switzerland is awesome, too. I wouldn't mind a revisit to some secluded tropical islands ala Seychelles, or even some areas in the Mediterranean. Malaysia would be cool. Middle Eastern countries would be awesome too, but really, that isn't all that likely.

So my guess (a little bit of realistic mixed with a little bit of hope, lol):

Leg 1: Venezuela
Leg 2: Guyana
Leg 3: Morocco
Leg 4: Morocco
Leg 5: Dubai
Leg 6: Belgium
Leg 7: Switzerland
Leg 8: Japan
Leg 9: Japan
Leg 10: Philippines
Leg 11: Australia/New Zealand
Leg 12: Home

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2012, 03:44:53 PM »
Am I the only person that thinks Africa will not be visited?

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2012, 03:50:11 PM »

Nope. I think they will save africa for season 23.
Am I the only person that thinks South Asia will not be visited?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2012, 03:54:29 PM »

Yes. :lol:

Yes. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2012, 04:07:24 PM »
:( So supah3ro, there is not much more to see in Australia, since TAR 9, Australia has only been a destination once (TAR 18). There has been 6 times in India, 8 in China (including Hong Kong and Macau, 4 times in Japan, even 3 in Austria and Russia. Also we have had India in Seasons 18 and 20, and Indonesia in 19 and 21. So it is about time we have Australia as a destination also it would be good to see New Zealand in TAR 22.

So supah3ro,would like to get a response why you made that statement about Australia and what is your reasoning behind the comment.

I live in Australia and I have travelled around Australia. This place is in no shortage of an amazing landscape, but what we don't have is any type of culture. The only real culture here is Indigenous Australian culture, and TAR has already done that before. Not to mention as Leafsfan said, it's so expensive to film here. Normally when they come here they go from big city to outback city. The only big city left is Melbourne, and Melbourne is just buildings. They could do a leg somewhere in the outback, but it'll probably be crap cuz there's nothing to do. Unless you want them to dress up as kangaroos and hop around...

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2012, 05:40:53 PM »

I live in Australia and I have travelled around Australia. This place is in no shortage of an amazing landscape, but what we don't have is any type of culture. The only real culture here is Indigenous Australian culture, and TAR has already done that before. Not to mention as Leafsfan said, it's so expensive to film here. Normally when they come here they go from big city to outback city. The only big city left is Melbourne, and Melbourne is just buildings. They could do a leg somewhere in the outback, but it'll probably be crap cuz there's nothing to do. Unless you want them to dress up as kangaroos and hop around...

supah3ro speaks the truth...  ;)

I live in Melbourne for almost four years now, indeed only buildings and parks and gardens, though it's a very much multicultural city but there's not much significant of the indigenous culture to be explored, unless you went to the outback.

The only suburban areas that is really interesting for TAR to visit (via Melbourne) is the ancient gold town Ballarat (Sovereign Hill), Phillip Island (lots of holiday attraction, including MotoGP venue), otherwise it's gonna be a waste of episode if they came to Melbourne only for rapelling down the MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground, the starting line for TARAus-1) or climbing the 88 floors of Eureka tower...  :(

Not that I don't want them to not coming down under to Australia, but it's just.... like..that...
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2012, 04:29:40 AM »

Uhh supah3ro I live in Melbourne and there's a lot to do. You could have a double leg based entirely in Victoria (self driving). The first leg could be AFL & Eureka Tower, with some stops at Great Ocean Road and Phillip Island, the second leg you go to Ballarat and do Eureka Stockade/Gold rush tasks or you could go to the Murray or even Wilsons Prom.  (This is a very long two self driving legs but I could spoil it all :lol: ).

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2012, 08:55:22 AM »

Uhh supah3ro I live in Melbourne and there's a lot to do. You could have a double leg based entirely in Victoria (self driving). The first leg could be AFL & Eureka Tower, with some stops at Great Ocean Road and Phillip Island, the second leg you go to Ballarat and do Eureka Stockade/Gold rush tasks or you could go to the Murray or even Wilsons Prom.  (This is a very long two self driving legs but I could spoil it all :lol: ).

They have never been to Tasmania, so they could first go to Melbourne and then go there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2012, 11:33:02 AM »
After Africa was missed completely I think we will have 2 legs in one country there, possibly a new country like Uganda.

Yeah, I am sure that Uganda is at the top of Bertram's list. With the outbreak last week of Marburg Haemorrhagic  Fevor.....gives new meaning to "surviving" the leg.
Matthew 7:15

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2012, 01:16:40 PM »
This is pure speculation, not a wish wist.

Starting Line: Minneapolis, Houston, Denver, Phoenix, Detroit, Washington DC, Portland-OR, or San Francisco
Visits to:
Brazil (Amazon River/Brasilia), Colombia (Bogota), or Peru (Macchu Pichu)
Southern Africa or West Central Africa (Gabon or Cameroon)
Europe (England-2012 Olympics, Scotland, Germany, Slovakia, Serbia, Slovenia, or Hungary)
Middle East/Central Asia (Kyrgyzstan, Tel Aviv, or Jordan)
Siberia (Irkutsk/Lake Baikal)
Eastern Asia (Macau, Central Vietnam, Chiang Mai, or Laos)
Philippines (Manila, Laoag City, or Palawan)
Oceania (Palau, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, or Fiji)
Canada (Vancouver-2010 Winter Olympics)
Finish Line (Seattle, Portland, or San Diego)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 01:28:10 PM by mjriches2005 »

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2012, 04:27:58 PM »
I think Jamaica has a good shot of returning. 1. they have had a miami starting line 2. last time we have seen it was s7. 3. they have never went to the carabiean to start of the race. theyve been to every other contintent first...

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2012, 01:38:58 AM »

After Africa was missed completely I think we will have 2 legs in one country there, possibly a new country like Uganda.

Yeah, I am sure that Uganda is at the top of Bertram's list. With the outbreak last week of Marburg Haemorrhagic  Fevor.....gives new meaning to "surviving" the leg.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline ilhamrizki

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2012, 03:06:20 AM »
Well because everyone does not want to Indonesia :'( :'(. It is true anyway, better to Indonesia during the dry season because the weather was very hot at that time. :lol:

My prediction for this season :
Leg 01 : USA - Qatar
Leg 02 : Qatar - India/Sri Lanka
Leg 03 : India/Sri Lanka - Japan
Leg 04 : Japan - Ethiopia
Leg 05 : Ethiopia
Leg 06 : Ethiopia - Greece
Leg 07 : Greece - Croatia
Leg 08 : Croatia
Leg 09 : Croatia - Trinad & Tobago
Leg 10 : Trinad & Tobago - Peru
Leg 11 : Peru
Leg 12 : Peru - USA (Hopefully at San Francisco)
"Do not expect extraordinary result if you just do ordinary effort"

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2012, 05:28:03 AM »

They have never been to Tasmania, so they could first go to Melbourne and then go there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If people are going to say Melbourne is bad, Tasmania is A LOT worse.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2012, 09:53:31 AM »
Why is Tasmania bad, Airlinesguy?

TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2012, 09:55:02 AM »
Anyway, do you guys think that it will be filming at early November? Then it's just few more days :hoot:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2012, 10:25:16 AM »

If people are going to say Melbourne is bad, Tasmania is A LOT worse.

I don`t think that Melbourne and Tasmania can be more worse, then leg 3-4-5 this season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2012, 11:44:18 AM »
God , i hope it's early November!  :hearts:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2012, 12:01:04 PM »
Hmmm. 

IF there was supposed to be an East Coast start, wonder IF/how long we could be delayed or rescheduled due to Hurricane Sandy? ???

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline marylandboy234

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2012, 12:11:21 PM »
they should start or finish either in Baltimore or Washington D.C  :hearts:  :hearts:  :hearts: :hearts:  :hearts:  :hearts:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2012, 12:18:44 PM »
they should start or finish either in Baltimore or Washington D.C  :hearts:  :hearts:  :hearts: :hearts:  :hearts:  :hearts:

finish , please  :lol:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2012, 12:29:23 PM »
Start (or finish) there would be lovely!
RFF's Golden Rule: