Author Topic: Hi guys! Help us on our Junior Thesis related to TAR!  (Read 1976 times)

Offline ichihara_yuuko

• RFF Not So Newbie
Hi guys! Help us on our Junior Thesis related to TAR!
« on: September 24, 2012, 10:32:58 AM »
Hey guys! So my friend and I have teamed up to do our Junior Thesis. She wanted to do something on Reality TV (storytelling methods of Reality TV Shows), and since I was a fan of Amazing Race (and many studies were done on other Reality TV shows already), I suggested we study Amazing Race. Our advisor suggested we do a survey, and it will really just ask how you perceive the reality of TAR. Our survey should only take about 5 minute tops (only 5 questions!) and we really just want to evaluate:

1. Producers often say that since they say their show is "real", it is thus, a "Reality TV Show". Every scholar has put it this way. We want to evaluate if the audiences can also decide on whether or not the show is part of "Reality TV" even if they don't believe everything is real.

2. Relevance of Reality TV Shows to our world!

So that's pretty much it. Please answer it here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WXKPZXZ

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Hi guys! Help us on our Junior Thesis related to TAR!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 11:07:14 AM »
Since you are a member here, and it is for school, we are glad to have a chance to help you like you have helped us! Good Luck!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ichihara_yuuko

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Hi guys! Help us on our Junior Thesis related to TAR!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 11:10:04 AM »
Thanks so much peach!

As I said, not alot of studies have been done on TAR compared to other shows (like American Idol and Survivor), which is sad because TAR is really an interesting subject to study.

Don't worry, as soon as we have our thesis, I'll post the results of the survey so that people can see how the collective voted.