Author Topic: TAR 21 Ep 1 "Double Your Money"  (Read 19288 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 21 Ep 1 "Double Your Money"
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2012, 05:21:51 PM »
Please join us here tonight as Cindy and Ernie (TAR 19) host a fun discussion of tonight's episode...later tonight, after the show!!

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,27956.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2012, 05:49:59 PM »
Looking forward to the new season! :)
Just here to visit.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2012, 08:54:13 PM »

Table tennis, as in the leg 11 of TAR1 (Detour's choice "Volley").

(Just as a reminder of that Detour: "Teams who choose Volley has to play ping-pong in this communiy center. The location is nearby, but teams would have to score five points against a local  champion.")

It was only one point, but  :yess:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2012, 10:20:18 PM »
It was right in front of us: Fallo....  :groan:
On a different note, for the second season in a row Phil felt the need to explain the concept of competition: "The fact is, I will be eliminating most of you."  :lol:

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2012, 09:44:30 AM »
Dislike this season. Feel this season weird.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2012, 09:57:38 AM »

On a different note, for the second season in a row Phil felt the need to explain the concept of competition: "The fact is, I will be eliminating most of you."  :lol:
No, Phil has used that phrase in the past, most famously in the opening credits of the first season, and he using that phrase rather than mention "elimination points." I think the door is being left open for the no-rest pit stop with the way Phil is now describing how the course is structured.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2012, 10:15:36 AM »
deleted by request    :tup:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 05:06:51 PM by Slowhatch »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2012, 03:45:20 PM »
Did anyone find this season opener a little... unpolished? From the deliberately hippie un-epic music from the start, to the ping pong graphics (which I also found unprofessional in the TAR 15 opener) to the un-awe-inspiring tasks? It felt as if production was just following through with the motions without putting too much effort into planning.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:20:52 AM by Neobie »

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2012, 04:50:54 PM »
Could the Pit Stop greeter possibly be Fala Chen?

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2012, 07:30:05 PM »

From the pictures I found, Fala Chen does look like the pit stop greeter but I can't tell for sure if it's a match or not. Wikipedia says that Fala Chen moved to the US at the age of 14 and graduated from college in Georgia at the age of 23. The pit stop greeter spoke English with an accent (chinese or Hong Kong?). I would tend to think with that much time spent in the US that she would have more of an American accent. I lean towards the pit stop greeter not being Fala Chen, but it wouldn't shock me if it was her.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2012, 03:25:39 AM »
No, it's not Chen Fala. Amazing Race can't afford to hire her I think. :lol:

Anyway, idea for TAR producers if you're reading this!! Make the first place team have a choice to choose what they want to win next season... a CHANCE for 2 million dollars, or CASH PRIZE of 20,000 (or more!!) for the team but the 2 million dollars deal won't be applicable.

What do you all think about this? If I know my chances are small and I won the first leg by chance.. i'll take the money... Ego teams like Eric and Jeremy will probably go for 2 million. :lol:

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2012, 07:00:54 AM »

From the pictures I found, Fala Chen does look like the pit stop greeter but I can't tell for sure if it's a match or not. Wikipedia says that Fala Chen moved to the US at the age of 14 and graduated from college in Georgia at the age of 23. The pit stop greeter spoke English with an accent (chinese or Hong Kong?). I would tend to think with that much time spent in the US that she would have more of an American accent. I lean towards the pit stop greeter not being Fala Chen, but it wouldn't shock me if it was her.

I don't know her real name. Her Weibo account is 龙女同学. She is a new actress that few people know by now :lol:
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2012, 05:43:48 PM »
Did anyone find this season opener a little... unpolished? From the deliberately hippie un-epic music from the start, to the ping pong graphics (which I also found unprofessional in the TAR 15 opener) to the un-awe-inspiring tasks? It felt as if production was just following through with the motions without putting too much effort into planning.

Yes, quite a few on the internet have said that.  Not sure if it's because they have got lazy after so many seasons and have taken the audience for granted.

The whole 'double your money' twist seems pointless to me.  Maybe it's because I'm not part of the American culture but I don't really even care what money they win.  I just want good tasks and locations and an exciting race.  It's not like I end up winning 2 million dollars lol.  It isn't like something such as 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?' which is based all around the prize money, The Amazing Race is based around the RACE.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2012, 07:49:06 PM »

Anyway, idea for TAR producers if you're reading this!! Make the first place team have a choice to choose what they want to win next season... a CHANCE for 2 million dollars, or CASH PRIZE of 20,000 (or more!!) for the team but the 2 million dollars deal won't be applicable.

I'm confused. If you took the $20,000 (or more), would that mean you stop racing. Why would you choose that?!! Am I just reading this wrong?

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2012, 08:19:55 PM »

I'm confused. If you took the $20,000 (or more), would that mean you stop racing. Why would you choose that?!! Am I just reading this wrong?

No, you either choose to take $20,000 and if you win only get 1 million, or you get two million if you win but no monetary prize.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2012, 10:05:31 PM »

No, you either choose to take $20,000 and if you win only get 1 million, or you get two million if you win but no monetary prize.

It looks like what happened on TAR-Australia S2E1 :lol: I may choose the latter.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2012, 05:13:08 AM »
'Only get one million'  :D  Surely most people would go on a race around the world for a lot less than that.  It doesn't even last that long anyway.  I also guess many who go on it are fans of the show, want media exposure, like the competitive aspect and the travelling through different countries.  I think the real perspective of this race has been lost.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2012, 08:28:37 AM »
'Only get one million'  :D  Surely most people would go on a race around the world for a lot less than that.  It doesn't even last that long anyway.  I also guess many who go on it are fans of the show, want media exposure, like the competitive aspect and the travelling through different countries.  I think the real perspective of this race has been lost.

The real perspective was...