Author Topic: Mystery TAR Sightings - Can You Figure These Out?  (Read 117951 times)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Re: Mystery TAR Sightings - Can You Figure These Out?
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2013, 09:44:59 PM »
I hope so. *crosses fingers*

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2013, 11:45:36 PM »
is there gonna be a tarp 2?
There's a fairly large number of people from the Philippines that visit TAR forums, so I think we'd hear more from them if/when it films.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2013, 11:33:58 AM »
Catie ‏@VodkaTitties 10m #amazingrace film crew in Bethesda right now. Might be on tv. Cool. I'll wave

12:21 PM - 22 May 13 · Details   

Catie ‏@VodkaTitties 4m @xxx just saw camera men and I'm on Bethesda avenue in #bethesda Maryland

??? ??? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline marylandboy234

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2013, 01:33:09 PM »
MARYLAND  :hearts:  :hearts:  :hearts:  :hearts:  :hearts: i only live 45 mins away from Bethesda hahahaha :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2013, 02:32:18 PM »
NOT us Joey. But not sure what it was? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2013, 08:02:12 PM »
I found a conversation on Twitter about an Amazing Race sighting in The Philippines. It's in Filipino (Tagalog?) and I've tried to use a Google translation, but it's not very good. Hopefully someone around here can do a better translation:

Celeste Angulo @ celesteenaaa 10h
Ok, I refuse even andun Andrew Wolfe! I though she makakainuman, I refuse wooh! # VivaMe

Celeste Angulo ‏@celesteenaaa 9h
met some racers and chat with them and even with the bouncers #AmazingRace @ Gumaca

Gi Cabuena ‏@NocheCabuena 9h
@celesteenaaa Amazing Race USA?

@NocheCabuena Hindi e. Sa Yamaha daw yun sa June pa ipapalabas, si Andrew ang host.

@celesteenaaa Sinong Andrew?

@NocheCabuena Si Andrew Wolff yun Mr Phil at 1st r.up sa Mr World 2012 haha pogi

@NocheCabuena di pala sya amazing race as in, yamaha chuchu haha para lang a.r. kasi ikot sa phil mga challenges

Google translates the above as

Ok, I refuse even andun Andrew Wolfe! I though she makakainuman, I refuse wooh! # VivaMe

Celeste Angulo @ celesteenaaa 9h
met some racers and chat with them and even with the bouncers # AmazingRace @ Gumaca

Gi Cabuena @ NocheCabuena 9h
@ celesteenaaa Amazing Race USA?

@ NocheCabuena No e. Yamaha daw yun been issued in June, Andrew host.

@ celesteenaaa Who is Andrew?

@ NocheCabuena Wolff Andrew Yun 1st r.up Mr Phil and Mr World 2012 haha handsome

@ NocheCabuena in amazing race as she turned in, haha chuchu Yamaha simply ar phil round because of the challenges

It could be a local race. My first thought was Final Adventure, the TAR South Korean version, but I have my doubts that Andrew Wolff would be a part of that. Some research showed that Andrew Wolff was the winner of the Mr. Philippines 2012 pageant and 1st runner up in the Mr. World 2012 contest. He also is a member of the 2013 Philippines Volcanoes World Cup Sevens Rugby team. Still, the Philippines is a likely place for Final Adventure to visit since they are staying fairly close to South Korea.

The tweets mention Gumaca, which is Quezon province. Gumaca was founded in 1582 and has a lot of Spanish Colonial buildings. It does seem like the sort of place an Amazing Race version would visit. The question is which one?

I thought Chuchu Yamaha could be a name, but a search didn't bring up any minor celebrities with that name.

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2013, 04:54:38 AM »
I found a conversation on Twitter about an Amazing Race sighting in The Philippines. It's in Filipino (Tagalog?) and I've tried to use a Google translation, but it's not very good. Hopefully someone around here can do a better translation:

met some racers and chat with them and even with the bouncers #AmazingRace @ Gumaca

@celesteenaaa Amazing Race USA?

@NocheCabuena Hindi e. Sa Yamaha daw yun sa June pa ipapalabas, si Andrew ang host.

@celesteenaaa Sinong Andrew?

@NocheCabuena Si Andrew Wolff yun Mr Phil at 1st r.up sa Mr World 2012 haha pogi

@NocheCabuena di pala sya amazing race as in, yamaha chuchu haha para lang a.r. kasi ikot sa phil mga challenges

Google translates the above as

met some racers and chat with them and even with the bouncers # AmazingRace @ Gumaca

@ celesteenaaa Amazing Race USA?

@ NocheCabuena No e. Yamaha daw yun been issued in June, Andrew host.

@ celesteenaaa Who is Andrew?

@ NocheCabuena Wolff Andrew Yun 1st r.up Mr Phil and Mr World 2012 haha handsome

@ NocheCabuena in amazing race as she turned in, haha chuchu Yamaha simply ar phil round because of the challenges

It could be a local race. My first thought was Final Adventure, the TAR South Korean version, but I have my doubts that Andrew Wolff would be a part of that. Some research showed that Andrew Wolff was the winner of the Mr. Philippines 2012 pageant and 1st runner up in the Mr. World 2012 contest. He also is a member of the 2013 Philippines Volcanoes World Cup Sevens Rugby team. Still, the Philippines is a likely place for Final Adventure to visit since they are staying fairly close to South Korea.

The tweets mention Gumaca, which is Quezon province. Gumaca was founded in 1582 and has a lot of Spanish Colonial buildings. It does seem like the sort of place an Amazing Race version would visit. The question is which one?

I thought Chuchu Yamaha could be a name, but a search didn't bring up any minor celebrities with that name.

It's not TAR   :'(

It's a Yamaha-funded race challenge and Andrew Wolff is hosting it. I think it's the Yamaha SZ-16 Adventure Challenge. 'Yamaha' is a motor company. Chuchu is not a name :)
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2013, 08:04:55 AM »
Thank you!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2013, 10:56:10 AM »
Thanks Karpov617! I figured it was probably something like that, but couldn't understand it well enough to be sure.

I did think Chuchu Yamaha would be a strange name, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to take a moment and check it out.  Just another example of me overthinking the problem.  :umn:

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2013, 12:08:54 AM »
 :-[  You're welcome guys! :)
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2014, 09:22:19 AM »
OK, it's been a while, but I have another sighting I can't figure out. It was from Kuala Lumpur and the person having the sighting insists it is TAR US. When it was taken isn't clear. I don't recognize the two racers. Maybe it's TAR Israel? Hopefully someone will recognize the racers or the cameraman.

I've asked her when she took the picture. Hopefully she will reply.

Here's the Twitter conversation:

Shing Zee ‏@ZeeShing Jun 25
That moment when you saw the whole production and filming process for The Amazing Race! 😍😍 pic.twitter.com/LfvoX3ttU2

New Jo-Kym ‏@kayewhyam Jun 25
@ZeeShing Omg, at KL Sentral? :OOO

@kayewhyam YEAHHHH.Their next task is to get to some places. So they were waiting for the train to Seremban. SO EXCITING TO SEE THEM RUNNING

@ZeeShing SO COOOL I WANNA JOINNNN. Let's go dei. A train ride to nowhere and back 😁

@kayewhyam HAHAHA we wanted like follow them actually but then, we have class tomorrow so we can't. LET'S GO! ;)

John ‏@johnelmmo 9h
@ZeeShing is this the amazing race US or Canada? And which city is this?

Shing Zee ‏@ZeeShing 9h
@johnelmmo It's the US one. They were in Malaysia for their tasks. :)

Here's the picture:

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:33:42 AM by Plaidmoon »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2014, 06:54:53 AM »
I've had a reply from Shing Zee.

Plaid Moon ‏@Plaidmoon
@ZeeShing Cool picture. When did you take it? They just finished filming season 25 and I've heard they didn't go to Malaysia. Just curious.

Shing Zee ‏@ZeeShing 19h
@Plaidmoon Thank you? That was taken like a week ago. I don't really know actually, we saw the Amazing Race's envelopes with clues. 😂

So, it appears that she had her TAR sighting around June 25th when she tweeted it. So I doubt it's TAR Israel since they appear to have finished filming a couple of weeks before that. I'm just not sure what it could be. You don't usually see all the equipment for a local race.

However, the woman racer in the picture looks like either Amy or Maya from TAR 25. But what would they have been doing in Kuala Lumpur? Any thoughts?

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2014, 08:32:07 AM »
I have a sighting I can't figure out. I posted it yesterday in the International TAR section, but I thought I'd repost it here where more people will likely see it. The sighting was from Kuala Lumpur and the person having the sighting thinks it is TAR US.  She says it was taken about a week ago and she tweeted it on June 25th. My first thought is that maybe it's TAR Israel, however they finished up a couple of weeks before that. My next thought is that the woman racer looks an awful lot like Maya (or is it Amy?). The same pants and very thin legs. The hair looks similar. The shoes are yellow in other pictures I've seen and aren't yellow here, but maybe they are dirty by this late in the race. The backpack doesn't quite look like a match to me. Also the woman in the picture looks shorter than in the other pictures we have of Amy and Maya.

It might be possible to pass through Kuala Lumpur and Seremban on the way to Singapore, but I rather doubt they did. So if it is one half of Amy and Maya, what were they doing in the train station in Kuala Lumpur? It would also suppose that the memory of the woman tweeting is off by a week or so on the date.

That moment when you saw the whole production and filming process for The Amazing Race! 😍😍 pic.twitter.com/LfvoX3ttU2

@kayewhyam YEAHHHH.Their next task is to get to some places. So they were waiting for the train to Seremban. SO EXCITING TO SEE THEM RUNNING

@ZeeShing SO COOOL I WANNA JOINNNN. Let's go dei. A train ride to nowhere and back 😁

@kayewhyam HAHAHA we wanted like follow them actually but then, we have class tomorrow so we can't. LET'S GO! ;)

John ‏@johnelmmo 9h

Shing Zee ‏@ZeeShing 9h

Plaid Moon ‏@Plaidmoon
@ZeeShing Cool picture. When did you take it? They just finished filming season 25 and I've heard they didn't go to Malaysia. Just curious.

Shing Zee ‏@ZeeShing 19h
@Plaidmoon Thank you? That was taken like a week ago. I don't really know actually, we saw the Amazing Race's envelopes with clues. 😂

Here's the picture:

Any one have any ideas about this? I'm stumped.

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2014, 09:25:51 AM »
Doubt it is the US edition, 25th June seems 6 days off the last filming i/we spotted (19th June).

It could be the Philippines edition or the Ukraine's version
I have a sighting I can't figure out. I posted it yesterday in the International TAR section, but I thought I'd repost it here where more people will likely see it. The sighting was from Kuala Lumpur and the person having the sighting thinks it is TAR US.  She says it was taken about a week ago and she tweeted it on June 25th. My first thought is that maybe it's TAR Israel, however they finished up a couple of weeks before that. My next thought is that the woman racer looks an awful lot like Maya (or is it Amy?). The same pants and very thin legs. The hair looks similar. The shoes are yellow in other pictures I've seen and aren't yellow here, but maybe they are dirty by this late in the race. The backpack doesn't quite look like a match to me. Also the woman in the picture looks shorter than in the other pictures we have of Amy and Maya.

It might be possible to pass through Kuala Lumpur and Seremban on the way to Singapore, but I rather doubt they did. So if it is one half of Amy and Maya, what were they doing in the train station in Kuala Lumpur? It would also suppose that the memory of the woman tweeting is off by a week or so on the date.

John ‏@johnelmmo 9h

Shing Zee ‏@ZeeShing 9h

Plaid Moon ‏@Plaidmoon

Shing Zee ‏@ZeeShing 19h

Here's the picture:

Any one have any ideas about this? I'm stumped.
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2014, 09:31:44 AM »
Sequesterville??

Plaid Moon ‏@Plaidmoon

Shing Zee ‏@ZeeShing 19h

So, it appears that she had her TAR sighting around June 25th when she tweeted it. So I doubt it's TAR Israel since they appear to have finished filming a couple of weeks before that. I'm just not sure what it could be. You don't usually see all the equipment for a local race.

However, the woman racer in the picture looks like either Amy or Maya from TAR 25. But what would they have been doing in Kuala Lumpur? Any thoughts?
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2014, 09:38:00 AM »
TAR Philippines were holding auditions as of a few days ago, so I don't think it was them. I haven't been paying much attention to TAR Ukraine recently, but with the political situation there, I doubt they would be filming. I can't think of any version that's filming since TAR 25 ended.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2014, 09:46:35 AM »
Sequesterville??

Plaid Moon ‏@Plaidmoon

Shing Zee ‏@ZeeShing 19h

Good thought and one that hadn't occurred to me. However, I don't think they would be sending a cameraman with them to Sequesterville. Or if they are sequestering the cameraman too, I think the camera would be packed away in a case.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2014, 02:19:38 PM »
Crazy. Can't be US , sequesterville travel would NOT be in Malaysia or Indonesia this season, really too late for 25. Weird.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2014, 02:46:58 PM »
It was about June 18, not June 25 because she said she took it 1 week earlier before posing.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2014, 02:57:44 PM »
No she said it was a week ago, from when I am assuming she posted the tweet, so it would be around June 25, the original day she posted the picture.

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2014, 07:34:46 AM »
unless it could be Malta to Malaysia to Singapore (all in 1 leg)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2014, 08:05:36 AM »
That would mean she saw this on or after our finale date. :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2014, 10:16:44 AM »
I agree, the only way it makes possible sense is if she took it a week before she posted it to Twitter, or around June 18th. But that's not what she said, so the sighting doesn't fit.

Of course, it doesn't seem likely that they would fly from Valetta to Kuala Lumpur, catch a train to Seremban, do something there and then get to Singapore by the afternoon. I checked and the Kommuter train from Kuala Lumpur to Seremban takes about an hour and runs several times a day. There is also a train that runs from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore 3 times a day and it stops in Seremban. One train leaves Kuala Lumpur at 815 AM, arrives at Seremban at 920 AM and at Singapore at 3 PM. The problem is that if you get off the train in Seremban, the next train doesn't arrive in Singapore until 9:40 PM. But we have witnesses and photographs that saw them around 4 PM. So that doesn't work. If they got cars or took a taxi from Seremban, it's a 3 hour drive, so that could work.

However, the overall big 500 kilo reason why this sighting doesn't work is that we have other witnesses that flew with them on the plane from Rome to Singapore. This feels like a jigsaw piece from a different puzzle. Maybe some other race is filming that we aren't aware of or maybe it was taken in Singapore, not Kuala Lumpur? However, I did some looking at pictures of train and light rail stations in Singapore and at the KL Sentral in Kuala Lumpur and the escalator in the picture looks like KL Sentral to me. I found nothing conclusive though.

Maybe something will be found to clear this up, but I think it's likely to remain a mystery.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2014, 10:25:21 AM »
Anyway, I don't think this is TAR US because the racer in that photo does not fit anyone, even Amy. This season we know all the teams from the start so it cannot be a missing team so...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2014, 12:25:54 PM »
Agreed. I will move all this back over to the mystery sighting thread later, but for now...not us.
RFF's Golden Rule: