Author Topic: Mystery TAR Sightings - Can You Figure These Out?  (Read 117964 times)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Mystery TAR Sightings - Can You Figure These Out?
« on: September 20, 2012, 09:12:09 AM »
I've had a couple of sightings lately, complete with pictures, that look very much like some version of TAR being run. I have no idea if they are real and if so, what version it is. I'll throw them out here in case one of you can figure it out.

The first one is from last Saturday, Sept. 15th, in New York City. The person tweeting is from Australia and visiting New York City.

Here's the conversation about it from Twitter:

15 Sep яє∂! ‏@bri_katexx
Hehehe found the amazing race sign :p pic.twitter.com/GmjSyPqO

15 Sep Jacqueline Jacqueline ‏@xDJacquii
@bri_katexx was anything in it?

15 Sep яє∂! яє∂! ‏@bri_katexx
@xDJacquii yep all the clues :)

@bri_katexx did you take one? haha :)

@xDJacquii no :p they were doing the race! But we Got photos with and **** :)

@bri_katexx oh okay, do you know when the next amazing race is starting?

@xDJacquii no clue! Thats the American one

@bri_katexx oh.. so you're in the US?

I'll post the picture below of a clue box. I suspect this was a local race, but if so, they did a great job of reproducing a clue box, though the red strip may be too wide. I suppose it's also possible that it was left over for TAR 21 filming a few months back, but it's hard to imagine someone not taking it for a souvenir before now.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Mystery TAR Sightings - Can You Figure These Out?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 09:35:16 AM »
This next sighting is more interesting. I found it on Flickr.com and I can't grab the pictures because all rights are reserved. They were taken August 8th in La Paz, Bolivia. Two pictures show what appear to be a TAR production team working with people dressed in zebra costumes. Amazing Race clue envelopes are present but no cameras.  Two others show the people dressed as zebras in a city square type area. The caption on one says it is a traffic safety campaign in La Paz.

Here are where you can find the pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/schloofu/7860200808/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/schloofu/7860196288/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/schloofu/7860194396/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/schloofu/7860192298/in/photostream/

My first thought is that it was TAR Brazil, but everything I've heard said they didn't leave Brazil. I'm not sure they were filming on August 8th either. It certainly looks like a Latin or South American production team.

While we're on the subject of TAR Brazil, last spring I saw a van with the TAR Brazil/ Space logo on it taken in Acapulco, Mexico. At the time, I thought they were scouting locations, so I was really surprised when they stayed only in Brazil. I can't find the picture right now or I would post it here. I'll take a more thorough look later on and see if I can find it.

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 09:55:24 AM »
This next sighting is more interesting. I found it on Flickr.com and I can't grab the pictures because all rights are reserved. They were taken August 8th in La Paz, Bolivia. Two pictures show what appear to be a TAR production team working with people dressed in zebra costumes. Amazing Race clue envelopes are present but no cameras.  Two others show the people dressed as zebras in a city square type area. The caption on one says it is a traffic safety campaign in La Paz.

My first thought is that it was TAR Brazil, but everything I've heard said they didn't leave Brazil. I'm not sure they were filming on August 8th either. It certainly looks like a Latin or South American production team.

While we're on the subject of TAR Brazil, last spring I saw a van with the TAR Brazil/ Space logo on it taken in Acapulco, Mexico. At the time, I thought they were scouting locations, so I was really surprised when they stayed only in Brazil. I can't find the picture right now or I would post it here. I'll take a more thorough look later on and see if I can find it.

The Amazing Race Brazil probably visited La Paz, Bolivia according to the first preview. The filming finished on August 16, so this could be our race.

Also, one of the teams  in the last pic. looks like Caină & Fernanda.
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 07:23:28 PM »
ukraine?

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 11:29:57 PM »
Hmmm... maybe. Do we know if TARU has started filming yet?

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 04:43:35 AM »
Here's another sighting in the US. Apparently an amazing race crew was spotted in LA on Sep. 18th. Looks to be outside the Majestic Halls, downtown LA.

Sean Martin ‏@theeseanmartin
Filming of The Amazing Race outside my building this morning. #vscocam #dtla http://instagr.am/p/Pug42igAQ-/

EDIT: While the tweet says this is for TAR, a film permit suggests otherwise.. might possibly be an upcoming show called "Race To The Scene"??
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 08:14:09 AM by ovalorange »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, 10:54:36 AM »
Hmmm... maybe. Do we know if TARU has started filming yet?

I don't know. I did check back last week on the web site where I found the TAR Ukraine information on originally (sort of a Russian version of Facebook) and the account had been closed. If I get a chance I'll do some looking around for an update.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2012, 12:35:35 PM »

The Amazing Race Brazil probably visited La Paz, Bolivia according to the first preview. The filming finished on August 16, so this could be our race.

Also, one of the teams  in the last pic. looks like Caină & Fernanda.

I'm glad you were able to figure that one out. It certainly looked like a real Amazing Race filming. Now that we know that TAR Brazil went to Bolivia, it becomes clear what was happening in those pictures.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 12:01:24 PM »
Here's another TAR mystery sighting from the Singapore area from Wednesday in the western USA, though I think it was Thursday morning in Singapore.

✟Malcolm UhUhSiol™ ☻ ‏@MalcolmUhUhSiol
Omg! A channel 8 acttress asked me and @HongjunXiaopang for clues for a amazing race! Wee~ we're on tv ^^
8:03 PM Pacific Standard Time- 16 Jan 13

✟Malcolm UhUhSiol™ ☻ ‏@MalcolmUhUhSiol
Mediacorp crew with actress vivian lai interviewed me & @hongjunxiaopang hahas! We're on tv! @ Wisma Atria http://instagr.am/p/Ukid9iMSKE/
8:09 PM Pacific Standard Time - 16 Jan 13

I can't copy the instagram picture, so hopefully someone will be able to post it here. The instagram link shows a film crew filming a team at a pit stop, though the mat doesn't appear to be an Amazing race mat. It doesn't appear to be TAR Israel since everyone in the picture looks Asian. The picture doesn't show the faces of the team because the cameraman is blocking them. One of the teammates may have a backpack on. It's hard to tell. I'm not sure the host is in the picture. The guy in the host position looks like he is in his mid 20s, so it may be a producer setting things up.

From what it's worth, ‏@MalcolmUhUhSiol's twitter page says he is from Singapore and appears to have run into the filming while near or at his work location in Johore, Malaysia, just north of Singapore. Given the lack of any known races being filmed in Singapore, I'm guessing this is a local race, but the use of a two man filming crew and a celebrity greeter seems pretty elaborate for a local race. Anybody have any ideas about this? Joab, I believe you're in Singapore. Do you have any thoughts?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 12:29:44 PM »
That's Vivian Lai, a local celebrity. They are probably filming a variety show and I'm pretty sure it's a local amazing race format filmed for a show on our local channel, Channel 8. She's a host, you see. So she's probably just following the "teams" and joining them on their games.

Not TAR for sure. :)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 06:57:26 PM »
Thanks, Joab! I figured it was a local race and not a real TAR pitstop, but wanted to check it out with the rest of you.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 04:36:26 AM »
No problem! These days as long as celebrities are running on the streets with contestants, they call it The Amazing Race. :res: :lol3:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 09:15:52 AM »
This is probably nothing, but I thought I'd post this possible sighting in Melbourne yesterday. It's not TAR Israel because they were in Las Vegas yesterday and I'm not aware of any other TAR versions filming now.

Ryan Egan ‏@rynobi
Some kind of Amazing Race style tv program being shot in Swanston St. Maybe even an ad? 4 backpackers being followed by about 3 cameras.
17 hours ago

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 09:21:47 AM »
This is probably nothing, but I thought I'd post this possible sighting in Melbourne yesterday. It's not TAR Israel because they were in Las Vegas yesterday and I'm not aware of any other TAR versions filming now.

Ryan Egan ‏@rynobi
Some kind of Amazing Race style tv program being shot in Swanston St. Maybe even an ad? 4 backpackers being followed by about 3 cameras.
17 hours ago

Interesting...could it be Peking Express or whatever that lower budget version of the race is? Maybe it's just a travel show? Either way we should keep everything open for any updates about a 3rd season in the coming weeks!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 10:21:59 AM »
Is TAR Ukraine still filming??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 04:29:44 AM »
AusMole is filming right now, isn't it?

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 04:51:37 AM »
^Yeah, they've been filming for a week or two now. Wouldn't be surprised if it did turn out to be that.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 04:54:54 AM by ovalorange »

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 01:24:31 PM »
Hmm...what about TAR Norway 2?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 06:02:02 PM »
Hmm...what about TAR Norway 2?
That should have finished by now.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 12:20:20 AM »
Here's another odd sighting, this time in Brisbane, Australia:

Simone ‏@simone_au
Amazing race contestants running around outside our office atm, film crews in tow
2 hrs ago

I'm guessing it's a local race or local TV show of some sort, but I thought I'd throw it in here in case anybody has any ideas about this one.

This one has me puzzled as well:

7Production & Events ‏@7ProdEvents
7, in collaboration with TwoFour54, filmed the episode of The Amazing Race taking place in Dubai. #theamazingrace #Dubai #7memories
17 hours ago

If some version of TAR is filming right now, I suppose it's possible that they could have been in Dubai a couple of days ago and Australia today. I checked out the website for 7 production and their Facebook page and both are brand new with no additional information about any TAR filming.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 01:14:35 AM by Plaidmoon »

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 02:11:05 AM »
TAR Ukraine? Israel 3? France 2? US23? Au3? Pékin express?

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 02:16:37 AM »
I'm pretty sure Pekin Express filmed in America this year, and TARU and TARI have finished filming. TARF2 I don't think will be filming anytime soon due to the disappointing ratings of last season :( and TARAus I think will be filming later this year. And it isn't the right time for TAR23 would be filming, due to it normally filming over the US' summer.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2013, 02:41:58 AM »
Another sighting, this time from Cebu City in the Philippines.

Andy Go ‏@andygoyap
just saw 4 persons with amazing race gear and a camera man following them near IT Park. Either this is real or the biggest trolls ever
5 hrs ago

I have a feeling it's a local race, but have no real evidence one way or the other.

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2013, 08:23:15 PM »
Another sighting, this time from Cebu City in the Philippines.

Andy Go ‏@andygoyap
just saw 4 persons with amazing race gear and a camera man following them near IT Park. Either this is real or the biggest trolls ever
5 hrs ago

I have a feeling it's a local race, but have no real evidence one way or the other.
I don't know whether it is already filming TARAUS 3 or it was on TARP 1st season and it was already been done. :umn:

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2013, 09:44:02 PM »
is there gonna be a tarp 2?
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona