The Amazing Race International Versions > The Amazing Race: International Versions

Mystery TAR Sightings - Can You Figure These Out?

<< < (12/30) > >>

Plaidmoon:
It's been a while, but I have a couple of sightings from today that I can't figure out. Most likely both are local events. I'm not aware of any version filming right now except perhaps TAR China which films a leg or two then takes a couple of weeks off it seems. I thought I'd post them here and see if anyone has any insights that escape me.

Katharine Donnelly ‏@KatharineDonn 8h8 hours ago
last night at LAX one of the women working behind the counter where you check your bags was holding Amazing Race envelopes...
7:33 AM - 3 Aug 2015

From her tweets, it appears that Katherine was flying from LAX to the east coast, probably Boston, since she's from Rhode Island. It seems like an odd place for teams to be picking up envelopes (just before boarding a flight), but who knows what a foreign version might decide to do. Maybe it's just additional information. I'm thinking this is before you go through security, so it's possible that a local race could send teams there to get their next clue. I can't imagine that LAX would appreciate the extra traffic though.

Then there's this one:

spencer ‏@donnlim_11 12h12 hours ago
Taping earlier for The Amazing Race with @Jonas_Tibayan @SamBanezz @RafaeloTHORibio @OczonMiguel and John
4:00 AM - 3 Aug 2015

From their twitter accounts, it appears that they are members of the Chiang Kai Shek College basketball team in Manila. They won the Metro Manila Basketball League championship back in February. I see nothing in any of the tweets that are public that would cast any light on the taping. I'm guessing it's something local or possibly TAR Philippines though I haven't heard anything about them taping a new season.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Plaidmoon:
Here's another TAR mystery sighting. It's from a woman from the US visiting Budapest. I've tried to get more details from her, but she's only giving out a few details. I'm not aware of any versions of TAR currently filming. Most likely it's a local race, but it remains uncertain. Whether they are aware enough in Budapest to organize local races is another question.

Julia ☀️ ‏@juliaaa0606 Aug 24
i saw a team from the Amazing Race today in Budapest
12:14 PM - 24 Aug 2015

Plaid Moon ‏@Plaidmoon
@juliaaa0606 The Amazing Race was in Budapest? The real one with cameramen? Big fan here. Where did you see them and what were they doing?
6:00 PM - 24 Aug 2015

Julia ☀️@juliaaa0606
Aug 24
@Plaidmoon I saw them outside the Fisherman's Bastion and they were just standing there looking around 😂

She has since taken down her reply about Fisherman's Bastion and hasn't replied further.

Fisherman's Bastion is a castle or castle like building with 7 towers on the Buda side of the Danube River. It was used as a pit stop during TAR 6.

Plaidmoon:
Here's one I can't figure out. We have TAR 28, TAR Israel and TAR France all filming now, but I'm not aware of a Chinese version filming.

RAdelaideRob @rob__247
Chinese "Amazing Race" being filmed at Flinders University vine.co/v/izQhdImpubL
1:51 AM - 25 Nov 15

The vine shows some cameras set up outside what looks like a stadium or arena and lots of people sitting around and waiting. I don't see anything that looks like a clue box or pit stop mat. No one that looks like a racer or a host. If the guy didn't say it was TAR, I wouldn't have guessed that at all. Flinders University is in Adelaide, Australia, so that fits with the guy's twitter name.

Any thoughts about this one. I suppose it could be TAR Israel or TAR France and for some reason the production staff is from an Asian country.

Quốc Nghĩa:

Guys, I just found this picture on facebook (TAR fanpage VN) which was taken at Hai Phong opera house in 19 November. Do you know which franchise it is? The owner of this photo told that this is TAR Mexico but I think it's not or maybe it's not TAR.

Plaidmoon:
I think that black and white logo in front of the teams is for Pekin Express, which is a French variation on TAR. There have been Dutch, Belgian and Italian versions too. I'm guessing that's the French version but I have seen mentions of the Italian version lately, so it could be that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version