Author Topic: BB14 Discussion of the Live Feeds #2  (Read 279062 times)

Offline Kate04

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: BB14 Discussion of the Live Feeds #2
« Reply #1450 on: September 21, 2012, 01:43:51 AM »

I told myself that I would only be able to stomach watching the finale iF Satan dirty Dan did not win BB and since that happened, I just thoroughly enjoyed watching the rerun and the rightful victory of the Ian  :yess:  :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess:

What I didn't realize would be so blatantly obvious is how Satan dirty dan never had a chance.  If you get a chance to rewatch it, you will see that there is a recurring, common theme among the jurors that Ian was even able to capitalize on during the questions and answers and that is, of course, dan's throwing his bible and cross under the bus.  Joe and Frank said it so well when they said that they know that there is going to be lies and backstabbing but the line was crossed when he swore on a bible and his grandfather's cross.  Joe said getting to F2 isn't enough, it's how you live your LIFE that matters.  Well said Joe!!  :tup:  And that said it all.

Obviously the jurors were raised to be basically good people who knew that swearing on a cross and bible were actions that they COULD NOT POSSIBLY REWARD WITH ONE HALF MILLION DOLLARS.  You can call it a game, but the jurors came to see it as a reflection of the kind of LIFE that dan lives.  Dan won very few comps, Ian won many and he played the kind of game that is fun to watch and admire in BB  :tup:

Ian was the only one who deserved to win BB and I am so happy for him that he did.  GREAT JOB IAN  :conf: :conf:

Offline unbelievable

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1451 on: September 21, 2012, 03:17:06 AM »
Hi AlbertHodges...(hope i got that right)  I have your back here...Agreed...totally understand where you are coming from!  I don't like the way Dan played either... we are in the minority here.  Of course i liked Frank and i got no respect there either. 

Everyone all has someone in the game they liked, thought they played the best game etc...
Dan under-estimated the jury...quite frankly i'm surprised Dani threw him a bone with that vote.
After watching the after party tonight, Dan was pretty sarcastic accepting his 2 awards that the "FANS"
voted for him, 1 was for the "biggest schemer" (sp)  the other was for the "biggest backstabber" he won handsdown.  "He thanked his Mom and Dad for teaching him how to scheme but not that well because he didn't get his 4 votes he needed"...and on the biggest backstabber he just acted out backstabbing Kevin who was just trying to give him the reward...of course all in fun. 
Ian who was such a fan, really seemed a little deflated since his family must have told him how things were going down in the house, he seemed a little sad when he said "i would have fell on the sword for the qp, but heard that wasn't the same for me."   
Dani and Shane weren't going to go, but Jeff and Jordon went to dinner with them, and told them they would go with them, and to just enjoy the expierence.   Shane seemed to take Dan's backstabbing a little harder...of course they both said this and it is the truth, they kept Dan safe through out the game, yes they were playing a game, nieve , honestly if they would have tossed him , they would probably been final 2.   
Oh yeah Memphis was there and he declined Ian's renegade membership...  that was funny!
Rachel and Brendon were there just got back from their honeymoon, Wedding to be aired on WE tv Dec 15th and i think the Oct issue of OK magazine must have pictures of it.   Rachel was the one holding "Frank the Tank" sign at the bb finale audience...i saw that but didn't see her.
Janelle said she was for Frank, Ian or Dan....to win....and really had hateful words for Dani.
Well that is my mini recap....
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 08:30:23 AM by unbelievable »

Offline dtrain

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1452 on: September 21, 2012, 03:26:59 AM »

I told myself that I would only be able to stomach watching the finale iF Satan dirty Dan did not win BB and since that happened, I just thoroughly enjoyed watching the rerun and the rightful victory of the Ian  :yess:  :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess:

What I didn't realize would be so blatantly obvious is how Satan dirty dan never had a chance.  If you get a chance to rewatch it, you will see that there is a recurring, common theme among the jurors that Ian was even able to capitalize on during the questions and answers and that is, of course, dan's throwing his bible and cross under the bus.  Joe and Frank said it so well when they said that they know that there is going to be lies and backstabbing but the line was crossed when he swore on a bible and his grandfather's cross.  Joe said getting to F2 isn't enough, it's how you live your LIFE that matters.  Well said Joe!!  :tup:  And that said it all.

Obviously the jurors were raised to be basically good people who knew that swearing on a cross and bible were actions that they COULD NOT POSSIBLY REWARD WITH ONE HALF MILLION DOLLARS.  You can call it a game, but the jurors came to see it as a reflection of the kind of LIFE that dan lives.  Dan won very few comps, Ian won many and he played the kind of game that is fun to watch and admire in BB  :tup:

Ian was the only one who deserved to win BB and I am so happy for him that he did.  GREAT JOB IAN  :conf: :conf:
Wow, some people take this game too seriously.  Calling someone satan and a bad person because of how he played a game is ridiculous.  If this gets me warned or banned, so be it, but that is pure ignorance and prejudice.  I suppose Mark Mcgwire is a bad person in life because he took steroids and lied under oath to congress.  Give me a break...

I can see people jokingly calling Dan the devil because of his ruthless play, but you're taking it to a whole new level and seem serious about it.  Lighten up... it's just a game.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 03:38:48 AM by dtrain »

Offline GrandmawLily

• Sho2 BB updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1453 on: September 21, 2012, 04:22:31 AM »
My favorite quote from the interviews:

Memphis declined Ian's membership to the Renegades.."He can quack his way back to wherever he came from"

:lol3:  :lol3:

Offline yzerstar19

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1454 on: September 21, 2012, 07:53:17 AM »

Memphis declined Ian's membership to the Renegades.."He can quack his way back to wherever he came from"

yeah you need to be a doormat to be the second half of the Renegades and Ian is no doormat

Offline yzerstar19

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1455 on: September 21, 2012, 08:05:56 AM »
AlbertHodges

just to let you know . I share your opinion . I really liked BB4 Jun's final BB14 blog as well

Offline GrandmawLily

• Sho2 BB updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1456 on: September 21, 2012, 03:19:19 PM »

yeah you need to be a doormat to be the second half of the Renegades and Ian is no doormat

Second funniest quote I've read!!  :lol3:  :lol3:  :lol3:

Offline dtrain

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1457 on: September 21, 2012, 04:00:10 PM »
Good summary of Dan's masterful gameplay this season.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY1CMEqa5qc

It also reminds us of how much manipulation Dan had on everyone, including Ian.

Offline bbjunkey

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1458 on: September 21, 2012, 05:17:24 PM »
Good summary of Dan's masterful gameplay this season.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY1CMEqa5qc

It also reminds us of how much manipulation Dan had on everyone, including Ian.
dtrain-- I really got into Dan's game play-- it got him to the end-- --I'm with you here-- it seems these day we all have to be "politely correct" when expressing our opinions.  It was a game-- its just to bad ppl can't seem to separate reality tv from the real world.  I guess you can't be a cut throat player and go all out--to play how YOU want to play the game without all the baggage that goes with it.  We all have our opinions.  Mine, like yours,  go big or go home.  Dan went big- didn't go home-- the  rest went home/jury.  That;s how he played it-- other don't agree.  Fine-- There are a lot of "reality games on TV these days.  All seem to get pretty close to the juggler if you ask me.  Enough said.  I'm so over the Dan dance here with the bible, gold chains and rings.  IT was Dan's choice to play as he did.  Great game Dan!!  Entertaining and shocking as all get out!!

Offline Kate04

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1459 on: September 21, 2012, 10:06:25 PM »
dtrain:  If Dan's game was so "masterful" why did he receive one of the lowest (if not THE lowest) votes for the win in BB history ie 6 - 1?

and bbjunkey:  you say that dan stayed but the jury went "home".  Dan stayed because he did something so beneath the character of ANYONE and so averse to decency that the HG had no choice to trust him and thus enhance his game.  No one has ever gone to those bottom feeder depths ie telling lies on a bible and a cross (not to mention his own wife) so they had to believe that someone who professed to be a person of faith and a teacher in a Catholic school could not possibly be that scummy so they had to believe him.  Don't you see that it would be human nature for someone decent to believe him?

But the big difference between the jury that were sent home by him, and Dan is that the jury can go back to their lives knowing they have a "clean" conscience and are decent.  Would anyone really want to be Dan today????
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 10:10:48 PM by Kate04 »

Offline dtrain

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1460 on: September 21, 2012, 10:11:44 PM »
Read page 58...

Offline irelen

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1461 on: September 21, 2012, 11:21:56 PM »
Wow. Y'all are KILLIN me! It's a freaking GAME-REALITY TV- not real life. Just like Survivor. Do we all pick a player and get behind them and root for them? Sure! These are real people put into an unreal situation where they're competing with each other for $$$. It is 100% expected that you will do anything, say anything, promise anything, swear on anything ( and despite those of you who are ADAMANT that nobody has done it before, you are flat out WRONG) . Backstabbing, backdooring, lying, throwing comps are all valid strategies. They can and have won the game on a variety of shows. What loses it are the sour grapes of the jury who did the same crap or would have done it given the chance, and got voted out because somone else outplayed them. Thats's what happened here. Dan outplayed them all, and they were too bitter to step back and look objectively at the game and reward the person who beat them. Dan had a hand in evicting pretty much every hg on the jury.

Ian played a different game. Against any other jury member, I would give him the game. Against Dan? I just don't see it. Personally, I was rooting for Britt, btw.

Offline real4real

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1462 on: September 22, 2012, 09:17:40 AM »
Well said irelen. Very well said. My side note says I was rooting for Brittany too.

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1463 on: September 22, 2012, 09:51:33 AM »
I agree with you irelen............. :yess:            The End

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #1464 on: September 22, 2012, 12:01:17 PM »
having updated  these House guests all season I will say the following:

We had to listen to 2 grumpy old men Frank/Mike every morning talk about what they wanted to do to each and every house guest and mock them for their imperfections. They were terrible terrible things to say and worse for some of the nicest people i know to have to type out and post here.

If Frank/Mike made it to the F2.. I would still be upset wth all the things they said  about everyone..  And i am sure that the actual game play would have been brutal.

if that was how things stacked out frank was just as dirty and filthy in the game .

i remember how he and Mike sat the night of the ICe Cream Date and how they talked about ashley and they both were egging each other  regarding what they would do to her...  and yes it was sexual!..

I am sure that would have been more on our minds that the Dan game play which is what most of the people are talking about

I believe he did play a pretty brutal game.. but he did one thing that   the rest of the HG's didnt do.. he never took it below curb level.

Dan did play a great game..   no doubt about that.

I think his finale speech KILLED HIM.

zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #1465 on: September 22, 2012, 12:15:36 PM »
I'm not sure if a lot of the BB fans   got to see THE TALK with Ian Dan and Danielle  ..

Ian said that he came up with a plan and that he already had it drawn out.

Well back on Aug 26th I wrote a mini recap of what  I thought was going on for one of my Facebook groups. here's an excerpt out of it :

I also think Ian came into this game with a specific Game Plan and he's not going to let the DR influence him.. I also think he is telling them in the DR what THEY need to hear.. but bringing it out to the other HG's what panic he needs to put out there to have the HG's keep supporting him.. 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LtLg8VcWjC0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LtLg8VcWjC0</a>

:lol3: I underestimated that Ian wouldn't just have a plan but a drawn out strategy! :lol3:
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #1466 on: September 22, 2012, 02:29:22 PM »
Interesting chart. :) He IS studying to be an engineer.

He also had luck on his side. I believe that in some of the seasons he would have been targeted and gone  This particular set of HGs not only tolerated his stimming but they tried to understand and to a certain degree protect him. He was also fortunate in the challenges.

About Dan and whether he is the worst of the worst, no, for me, he wasn't the worst. Having to update Frank and Boogie, I can tell you they were potty-mouthed, petty little men. For every deal they made, every promise with a handshake, they had built in "outs' that would let them go against the deal/handshake. I hope I never have to update either one of them ever again.

I think it might have been Albert who said Dan forget about the jury. That is what cost him the game in the end. It's my personal opinion that he threw the last challenge so he wouldn't have to chose between Danielle and Ian. I wonder what the vote would have been if he had won it and taken Dani. I also believe that Ian should thank Dan for getting him and Danielle to the final 3. JMO. :)

I was hoping Britney would win, that was not to be. I was hoping Dan would win but that was not to be either but at least he made it to the final 2 when from the very first he was the underdog as a coach then as a player. Do I wish he'd done some things differently? Yes. But it's over, it is what it is.

ETA to clean up my comments. My bad!  :whips
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 04:23:21 PM by TexasLady »
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline bbjunkey

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1467 on: September 22, 2012, 07:03:17 PM »
dtrain:  If Dan's game was so "masterful" why did he receive one of the lowest (if not THE lowest) votes for the win in BB history ie 6 - 1?

and bbjunkey:  you say that dan stayed but the jury went "home".  Dan stayed because he did something so beneath the character of ANYONE and so averse to decency that the HG had no choice to trust him and thus enhance his game.  No one has ever gone to those bottom feeder depths ie telling lies on a bible and a cross (not to mention his own wife) so they had to believe that someone who professed to be a person of faith and a teacher in a Catholic school could not possibly be that scummy so they had to believe him.  Don't you see that it would be human nature for someone decent to believe him?

But the big difference between the jury that were sent home by him, and Dan is that the jury can go back to their lives knowing they have a "clean" conscience and are decent.  Would anyone really want to be Dan today????

ITS a GAME-- its NOT REAL world-- geez ppl maybe you should not watch these kind of programs if you CAN"T tell the difference. 
Dan said it-- leave it at the door -- enough said-- I can leave it on the reality of the tv where it was PLAYED out--

Offline YOLAG213

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1468 on: September 22, 2012, 07:26:04 PM »
AMEN!!!!!!! Get more involved in the real world NOT the reality TV world

Offline AlbertHodges

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • No Donatos this season, PLEASE!
« Reply #1469 on: September 22, 2012, 08:47:27 PM »
Personally, i think your advice to leave the subject in the reality tv world is great!

Dan lost by one of the biggest margins in BB history!

Some people think he was robbed, some people think he got his just desserts.

Whatever any of us think, IT IS over and done with!

Anyway, I always enjoy all of you and the community we have here each summer.

I hope others will close this chapter of BB and return next summer with a whole new set of HG's!
Favorite Houseguests of all time:

Janelle, Howie, Jeff, Jordan, Chicken George, Kaysar and Dr. Will.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1470 on: September 22, 2012, 09:01:52 PM »
Personally, i think your advice to leave the subject in the reality tv world is great!

Dan lost by one of the biggest margins in BB history!

Some people think he was robbed, some people think he got his just desserts.

Whatever any of us think, IT IS over and done with!

I hope others will close this chapter of BB and return next summer with a whole new set of HG's!

I agree Albert with closing this chapter of BB.  I too hope it is an all new cast, no one returning from any other season. No gimmicks!

I love everyone here, RFF is my home and if we all agreed on everything it would not be the same would it.   :lol:

Offline bbjunkey

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1471 on: September 22, 2012, 09:12:25 PM »
For those of you who think Dan lost by one of the "biggest" margins in the history of BB--- here's the previous seasons and their votes.  There were 5 --yep  5 other seasons that put season 14 in pretty normal company.

Big Brother 1      Eddie McGee   59%   Differed completely from later seasons, where eliminations were called "banishments" instead of "evictions" and occurred via the viewers instead of votes.

Big Brother 2      Will "Dr. Will" Kirby   5–2 (6–3)   First season to feature the Head of Household (HoH) and in which a HouseGuest, Justin Sebik, was expelled from the game. Also the only season to have nullified votes in the finale.

Big Brother 3   Lisa Donahue   9–1

Big Brother 4      Jun Song   6–1   Featured the "X-Factor", in which five people were joined by ex-boyfriends or ex-girlfriends. Also the first season to feature the "Big Brother Jury", where the last seven evicted HouseGuests voted for who to win. First season to feature the Diamond POV.

Big Brother 5      Drew Daniel   4–3

Big Brother 6      Maggie Ausburn   4–3   Billed as "Summer of Secrets",

Big Brother: All-Stars   14 returning contestants      Mike "Boogie" Malin   6–1   Introduced the "Coup d'Ιtat", earning the power to overthrow the HoH and change nominations, and the "Big Brother Slop", which replaced peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as the weekly food restriction.

Big Brother 8      "Evel" Dick Donato   5–2   Featured three nemeses (Dick, Dustin and Jessica), and the addition of "costumes", which would later be used in subsequent seasons. Also the first season to include "America's Player".

Big Brother 9      Adam Jasinski   6–1   Only season to air in the winter as a result of the 2007-2008 Writers Guild of America strike. Also the first season to have the HouseGuests play as couples and the first to have a player walk out of (voluntary quit) the game.

Big Brother 10      Dan Gheesling   7–0   Noted as a "back to basics" season by both CBS and the production team. As part of the back to basics format, there was no "twist" to the season, live audiences returned for the Thursday eviction shows for the first time since Big Brother 1, and for the first time since Big Brother 3 the HouseGuests were all complete strangers. Second season to have an America's Player. Also the only season to have a unanimous vote winner.

Big Brother 11       Jordan Lloyd   5–2   

Big Brother 12   Hayden Garrett Moss   4–3   Featured the "Big Brother Saboteur", whose mission was to not win the grand prize, but perform various tasks to disrupt the lives of the other HouseGuests in order to win $50,000.

Big Brother 13      Rachel Reilly   4–3   

Big Brother 14   12 + 4 returning coaches   Ian Terry   6-1   Featured four successful ex-HouseGuests returning to play again to coach this season's HouseGuests, while playing for their

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1472 on: September 22, 2012, 09:52:45 PM »
Wow!  Thanks for posting this. It does seem that this was a normal or near normal outcome.

I watched 11 out of the 14 seasons, starting with season 2, missing 1, 3, 5.  Not to mention, only 5 of the 11 had someone I liked winning.  My favorites don't do well.

Offline pothole

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1473 on: September 22, 2012, 10:02:42 PM »

I hope your right Albert, NEW hg's. I'm sick of seeing repeat players either return to a show or appear on another. Brenchell are the most annoying gutless crybaby duo to appear anywhere, yet have been on 3 other shows since BB.