Author Topic: TAR 21: Jaymes Vaughan & James Davis "Chippendales Dancers/Best Friends"  (Read 219639 times)

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Jaymes and James' debut at Atlantic City was a complete success! Here's their journey through tweeted pictures....

Jaymes and James jammin' with locals at the airport waiting for their flight to Atlantic City

They have arrived!

Their limo ride from the airport to Revel Resorts

Arriving at Revel Resorts

Having an amazing dinner at Revel

Post-dinner date with fans

Jaymes and James found out that they are presenting at the GLAAD media awards.

They are loving the view from their rooms. They love the ocean!

They did a walk-through of the venue they will be performing at....

Another picture of the venue they perform at

Sound check just completed

Promo at Revel

Right before the debut

It's a wrap!

Jaymes and James stealing this to be their souviner

Jaymes and James had a $200 coupon at Revel to get free food and it was expiring at midnight..

« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 08:56:05 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
Doing press post show

Caps of their debut

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
HA HA I love this

Jaymes and James with a Joan Rivers look-a-like last night...

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
The conclusion of Jaymes and James' debut trip to Atlantic City

In the limo going to the airport.....big feet!

They had massive flight delays by like four hours so Jaymes introduced James to Bojangles Chicken which James never had it before and he's a changed person forever! He said it was the best taste ever!

« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 12:08:57 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
Look who came to see Jaymes and James at the Chippendales show tonight?

It's Misa from TAR20. They all can relate on one thing.....finding a person! Remember Misa and Maiya got eliminated on the first leg cuz they could not find Phil. Jaymes and James nearly got eliminated on the first leg cuz they could not find the abacus lady.

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
American Idol's season 3 runner-up Diana DeGarmo had her bridal/bachelorette party this past weekend at  Vegas. The girls went to see the Chippendales show and Diana posed with Jaymes and James. She is about to marry Ace Young, another alumni from AI.

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
The Chppendales had a show in Hong Kong in March. It's May now and there still are big banners and adverts on buses.  :lol:
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
The Chppendales had a show in Hong Kong in March. It's May now and there still are big banners and adverts on buses.  :lol:

I posted that! It was on since January and it's still up there now? :lol3:

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
They disappeared for awhile and then gradually returned, 'cause only recently I noticed the adverts pop up. But the dates still said March  :lol:
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Maybe they want the commuters to go back in time.. :lol3:

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
Jaymes and James spent way too much time together....

Within the past 24 hours, they both got sick...

Both ended up with a mild case of respiratory infections, went to see the same doctor and got the same prescription!   

« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 11:45:09 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
Despite being sick, it's not stopping Jaymes and James from flying out to San Francisco to be presenters at tonight's GLAAD media awards. The smiling guy behind them is their agent, Mike Caprio.

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
Jaymes and James have arrived at San Francisco. They are touring the city before attending the GLAAD awards tonight.

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
Jaymes and James onstage at the GLAAD awards...

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
I hope they get over those infections without too much hassle. Those are never fun. Their schedule is insane these days, but after three weeks racing all this other stuff ought to be a breeze!
-- theschnauzers

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
Jaymes and James received a huge package from the 4th graders at Saucier Elementary school at Mississippi. It contained various t-shirts from places the students visited recently, various games, gag stuff and tons of candies. Jaymes and James were having way too much fun last night with their toys especially the whoopee cushions....

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
I know this is last minute but I just found out that Jaymes and James are gonna be on The Doctors today with Ian Ziering.

Offline BlooperGuy

• RFF Full Member
  • SKRILLEX.....VS.....MOZART!!!!
James and Jaymes have the highest picture count of all the racers bar none. :P  :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
We all know they are coming back for the next All-stars so they gotta keep their popularity going. :lol3:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I read somewhere that Jaymes dad passed away. :(

RIP.

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
I read somewhere that Jaymes dad passed away. :(

RIP.

He passed away on March 7th at the age of 67.

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
Here's the you-tubed version of the Doctors episode that Jaymes and James appeared that aired on May 21st.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FweeXQTfw5s&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/FweeXQTfw5s&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 02:49:19 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
Jaymes and James' new song, Light Up The Skies has been released this morning on i-tunes. Here is a fantastic article about their new song....

For Those About To Rock: Jaymes & James Team Up Musically

Jaymes & James captivated America as the hunky, relentlessly optimistic duo who wound up coming in second place on The Amazing Race. The guys were representing Chippendales, but they were hoping the million-dollar prize would help with the bills associated with Jaymes's dad's cancer. Sadly, his father passed away in March ("I got the best guardian angel in the world now," Jaymes says), but this duo's deep friendship has kept their personal and professional collaboration alive.

Today, Jaymes & James (who were innocent bystanders when Lance Bass made his concerned comments about Amanda Bynes, which led to another round of "ugly" comments from the troubled ex-starlet) are releasing their first single, the melodic thumper "Light Up the Skies," produced by Tanzer, and available at iTunes.

I spoke with the guys to get the latest on their plans...

Boy Culture: Tell me how you decided to merge your very different musical styles?

Jaymes: We both have very different backgrounds. I have a country and pop background and James has a progressive metal background. But surprisingly, it kind of just came together very well. We give and take pretty easy with each other. We know when to push and when not to. And yes, we are still talking about music here!

James: Our first single, "Light Up the Skies," was just a no-brainer. It's about seizing a moment and giving it a shot.

Jaymes: To me, it's about losing my dad and making the most of every moment after to make him proud. I always wanted him to see me win a Grammy and now that he's in heaven and can see everything, I'm gonna make sure he does, dammit.

James: It's also about us taking the leap to start this journey together. And it's even got a few hints of the fear you face when starting a new relationship.

Jaymes: It's purposely got multiple meanings, but the underlying message is the same: "We've got tonight...that's our only guarantee, so...let's light up the skies."

BC: What approach did you take when you decided to team up musically?

James: It's all about having fun and making the most of the moment.

Jaymes: Our personal mantra.

BC: So you didn't fight at all over songs and creative choices?

James: We don't fight. Why would I want to be friends with someone I fight with? We are doing this to have fun on another adventure together. Just like we said on The Amazing Race, things like this are like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, don't waste it by fighting.

Jaymes: And our debut single we worked on with mega-producer Tanzer, so it was kind of like we had a referee of sorts in the room to help us blend our styles. I think we got it. I think it's like Kings of Leon meets Flo Rida.

BC: What do you each admire about the other as a musician?

Jaymes: James sticks to his guns. If he feels a certain way about a melody or a lyric, he won't back down, which artistically I admire so much. Where as I second-guess myself a lot. He always stands firm.

James: One thing I musically appreciate about Vaughan is his ability to breathe life into whatever lyrics he sings. He truly makes it unique in his own way.

BC: Tell me something about each other that no one knows.

Jaymes: Um, unfortunately, I think we accidentally put it all on the table for the world to see on The Race. I'm clumsy, I walk into doors, trip over things in plain sight, while unfortunately missing clues that are also in plain sight. Grace is not my strong suit. In the least. It's cool. We are representing for the clumsy kids of the world.

James: I think a lot of people don't reallize what major outcasts we were growing up. How much bullying we endured. That's something a lot of people don't know that we actually want them to know.

Jaymes: And I think it's important to put that out there not as a dark secret but as a message to realize we overcame that, and anyone else can to. It sounds cliché, but honestly, it really does get better. Kids need to know that. I was gay and from a mixed race family in the South. It was torture. Not the mention that I had an awkward phase that lasted about 14 years. But I made it. And you can, too.

BC: Give me some dish on the celebrity guys who've been rotating in and out of Chippendales!

James: Well, coming up this June we have Ian Ziering, and he's so excited that it's injecting all kinds of new energy into the show.

Jaymes: He's genuinely excited about the show, which is awesome. And I think he is gonna be really good. Not to mention our ticket sales are gonna go way up. They actually have gone up tremendously since The Race. We are sold out so much that they've actually added even more shows to our schedule. We are now seven nights a week with 10 shows total a week. And with Ian there, I think that number is only going to go up.

BC: Were you crushed when you came in second on The Amazing Race? Happy for the winners?

Jaymes: Of course we were crushed. I mean...who wouldn't be? But then, as soon as we got the chance to process it, we were like, "Holy cow! Look what we did! We made it to the end!"

James: That, in and of itself, is something to be so proud of. And of course we were happy for Josh and Brent.

Jaymes: They did so many things to help out charities and the less fortunate with their money, so how could you be mad at that? Josh and I still joke we are going back on the race together as a team instead. Only this time, he will be in drag as Aquadisiac. Basically, RuPaul's Drag Race meets The Amazing Race. I love it. Unfortunately, I doubt that'll ever happen.

BC: Will you sing about your Amazing Race experience?

James: Yeah—it's called "Confused, Disoriented, Hungry, Can't Count and Can't Find Stuff When It's Right in Front of Our Face."

Jaymes: Wait, that actually does sound like a pretty good country song...maybe I'll work on that for a side project.

James: I hope you're kidding.

Jaymes: I am. Sorta.

BC: You need a gay/straight version of "Ebony & Ivory!" Anything thematic like that coming up?

Jaymes: I'm sorry—I can't stop laughing long enough to answer that. James is now singing at the top of his lungs.

James: Yeah...nothing like that in the immediate works.

http://www.boyculture.com/boy_culture/2013/05/for-those-about-to-rock-jaymes-james-team-up-musically.html
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 11:03:00 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
Jaymes just tweeted a pic to wish Phil Keoghan a Happy Birthday! Love it....