Author Topic: TAR 21: Jaymes Vaughan & James Davis "Chippendales Dancers/Best Friends"  (Read 219332 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TAR 21: Jaymes Vaughan & James Davis "Chippendales Dancers/Best Friends"
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2012, 01:27:06 PM »
Surprisingly, I don't really dislike them as much as I thought I would. They seemed to be just like any average team who is humble and wants to race well.

Still keeping my eyes open and hope that one day I'll grow to adore them. :)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2012, 04:47:54 AM »
I think they'll be like Derek & Drew from TAR3 - weak in the beginning, then consistantly strong towards the end and... not making the F3 eventually.

Offline SeanT

• RFF Newbie

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2012, 02:13:06 PM »
Eye candy pic posted by the Chippendales...

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2012, 08:39:30 AM »
Jaymes is on the cover of the October issue of the Instinct magazine which is one of the most popular gay community magazine. I personally subscribe to it and the article and pictures were beyond fantastic. I will check to see if it is posted online and will post it here. Anyhow,  Instinct threw a party last night at Krave in Vegas celebrating Jaymes' cover release.

Here is a picture of Jaymes and James with the poster of Jaymes' cover of the magazine...

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2012, 09:51:32 AM »
I am going to attempt to scan the entire article. Wish me luck! LOL

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2012, 10:03:41 PM »
TexasLady came to the rescue! I sent all the scans to her and she re-sized them for me. MANY THANKS, TL!!! Enjoy reading...

The cover

page 26

page 27

page 28

page 29

« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 10:18:15 PM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2012, 10:05:55 PM »
What happened to page 30?
-- theschnauzers

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2012, 10:16:11 PM »
page 30

page 31

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2012, 10:23:08 PM »
The more I read about this team, and Jaymes in particular, the more impressed I get.
-- theschnauzers

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2012, 09:24:57 AM »
TEAM #3, BABY! WOOT WOOT!

Jaymes and James were working last night when the show aired and they are overwhelmed with the outpouring support from fans, family and friends. They expressed their gratitude while backstage in between performances.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2012, 07:39:54 AM »
Thanks for sharing that great article Will!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2012, 09:50:34 AM »

You're welcome, Peach. Loved the article and the pictures are so HOT! I love Jaymes!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 12:18:54 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline LaffyTaffy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2012, 10:29:35 AM »

You're welcome, Peach. Loved the article and the pictures are so HOT! I love Jaymes!

Yes, Will thank you for sharing the article; it is probably the best article that I have read in a really long time and the pictures...ugh sooo HOT!!!!  It's an article that shows the softer side of Jaymes and the struggles that he had to face.  I'm so happy that he is finally able to live the life that he had yearned to live.  Bravo to him, as well to his family, friends and everyone else in his life for not turning their back on him! 
I've been of fan of this team from the get-go.  I admit that I am a bit biased because I've seen Jaymes is person at the Rio in Las Vegas many times.  Let me tell you, he is one fine dancer and singer. He gets all the girls, (me included) going ;)
Thanks again for the article!

Offline Puppet

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Arcanine <3
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2012, 10:32:33 AM »
Started to like them more as the race progresses! It's really entertaining to watch them race!
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person and she looks perfect
I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2012, 01:35:42 PM »
Poor Jaymes and James, they are crushed in that  rickshaw and they both are 6' 4". Why is Jaymes pointing at two different directions?

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2012, 03:15:48 PM »
They probably "exchanging opinions", because James is also pointing on a different direction.  :lol:
(Or they trying to confuse the other teams.  Or the driver  :lol3:)
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2012, 12:00:04 PM »
Jaymes and James at the Heart Attack Grill having 10,000 calorie burgers for lunch with new friends!

I wonder if they did eat the whole thing. It's friggin huge!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2012, 12:53:46 AM »
Jaymes is on the page 63 of the 10/26 issue of Entertainment Weekly magazine. Someone tweeted the pic to him and I got my mag in the mail today and was gonna scan it but here's the pic. Jaymes went like O M G when he saw it.

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2012, 01:47:22 AM »
 Just before seeing the article that Jaymes is gay.. I really thought James is the gay one ( no offencement), i just had a feeling but who cares.

Very unique and humble team. Its very rare for me to root for an m/m team, just now...

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2012, 05:43:04 AM »
http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/the-amazing-racechippendaler-from-maine_2012-10-20.html

'Amazing Race' contestant from Maine

BY RAY ROUTHIER

Maine Sunday Telegram

Being on the CBS globe-trotting reality show "The Amazing Race" was not the first time James Davis had been around the world. But it does mark one of the few international trips Davis has taken with his shirt on for substantial periods of time.

Davis, who grew up in the small central Maine town of Jefferson, performs with the world famous Chippendales male touring revue.

Even if you don't know the Chippendales name, you've no doubt seen pictures of their famous bare-chested male dancers wearing little more than dapper bow ties and collars.

Davis, 27, has been competing on "The Amazing Race" since the show's fall season began Sept. 30. He and his teammate on the show -- fellow Chippendale Jaymes Vaughan -- are still alive in the big-money competition going into Sunday's episode. The episode was filmed in Bangladesh, and a CBS promo says that some of the racers will be seen working as "rat collectors."

That definitely sounds like a job a person needs to shirt up for.

How well Davis will do in Bangladesh, or how long he'll last on the show, is hard to say. CBS publicists say contestants aren't allowed to talk about their time on "The Amazing Race" until they get eliminated.

For this season, the show's producers sent 11 competing teams, consisting of two people each, around the world for about a month. At each exotic locale, the teams face tasks and challenges -- and failing at any can mean elimination.

The prize is usually $1 million. But this year, for the first time, contestants can double their money. If the couple that won the first leg of the race also wins the final leg, they'll take home $2 million.

For this season's episodes, according to CBS publicists, the teams were asked to rappel down 10 stories in Los Angeles, fry an egg on their heads in Indonesia and catch rats in Bangladesh, among other things.

The teams are usually made up of two folks who have some interesting connection. Sometimes they're siblings trying to reconnect, sometimes they're engaged, sometimes they have the same job.

In the case of Davis and his teammate, both are Chippendales performers living in Las Vegas. They list themselves on the show's media website as "best friends."

Davis grew up in tiny Jefferson, which lies just to the north of the Midcoast town of Waldoboro and southeast of Augusta. He went to school in Jefferson and later moved to Las Vegas, where he finished high school.

In his profile on the Chippendales website, Davis wrote that in Las Vegas, he began pursuing a career as a fashion and fitness model. In 2007, he said, he was "scouted" for the Chippendales world tour.

"I admit I was a little nervous during the casting as I had never danced before," wrote Davis. But he added that he did get to show off his skills as a guitarist by playing "Harder to Breathe" by Maroon 5. He doesn't say whether that performance was shirtless or not.

Davis then went through a two-week dance "boot camp" and shortly found himself dancing for 1,500 "screaming women" in Riga, Latvia, he wrote. He also wrote in his bio of the time in Zurich, Switzerland, when a crowd of women found out which hotel the Chippendales were staying at and swarmed it.

While Davis still has relatives in Maine, he doesn't say much about his home state or town in his bio other than this: "I always joke that there is more livestock than people in the town I'm from." And, he noted, he never misses his Sunday phone calls with his grandmother.

The final episode of this season of "The Amazing Race," when one team wins at least $1 million, will probably air in December, though CBS has not announced a definite air date.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2012, 05:44:34 AM »
http://lasvegasmagazine.com/2012/10/19/jaymes-vaughan/

Jaymes Vaughan

Chippendales emcee goes racing

They’ve taken their bow ties and cuffs off onstage, now they’re taking them on the road around the world. Best friends Jaymes Vaughan and James Davis are the hunky duo currently featured in the 21st season of Amazing Race. Vaughan, host and singer in Chippendales at Rio, had the time of his life competing against 10 other teams. Kiko Miyasato caught up with him to learn more about the journey.

Q: Why did you sign up for Amazing Race?
A: I found out that my dad has cancer, and so it was one of those things that hit me hard and didn’t feel real. And James was like, “Dude, we should definitely do the show and give the winnings to your dad.” And at that point I was like, “Yes!” I thought, here’s an opportunity to compete against 10 other teams and at the end of it come back with a million dollars. And James was like, “I just want to get my mom a car.” Once we decided the money was for our families there was no hesitation.

Q: What were the biggest difficulties?
A: We’ve traveled with Chippendales before, and we knew what it was like to be in a country where you don’t speak the language or you don’t know your way around. But there’s a difference between finishing your show and finding somewhere to eat, and getting clear to the other side of the country to follow a clue. Another thing is James and I are both 6 foot 4 inches. I think we were scary to some people.

Q: Did you need to step outside of your comfort zone?
A: I think the Amazing Race is completely about stepping outside your comfort zone. It’s about putting you in situations you wouldn’t normally be in. … Things that you think are the simplest tasks are the hardest. … It tests you to see how you are in a stressful situation, how you would treat other people. It shows your true colors.

Q: Did you discover anything about James during the race and vice versa?
A: We knew James had a short temper; we knew I had a controlling personality. But we’ve known that about each other for so long that we were able to use it to our advantage. You angry? Run faster. You want to control a situation? Fine, have a solution. But ultimately there was nothing that surprised us about one another; we know each other that well.

Q: Back at Chippendales, what’s new?
A: Our 2013 calendar just got done shooting. Shooting a calendar used to be a task, sometimes torture, because you had to watch your weight, make sure you got the right picture, etc., but after doing Amazing Race it was so simple. Trying to balance on a raft while staring up at a camera, not falling off and attempting to somehow look remotely sexy, well, that wasn’t a challenge at all.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2012, 12:39:42 PM »
Team Chippendales Jaymes and James from Amazing Race Support Spirit Day

Jaymes and James "Team Chippendales" from the Rio (currently featured on The Amazing Race), showed their support for Spirit Day, in Las Vegas with custom-designed purple cuffs and collars (Photo credit: Arlene Richie).

Spirit Day is an annual day when millions of Americans wear purple to speak out against bullying and to show their support for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) youth.

http://www.vegasnews.com/83103/team-chippendales-jaymes-and-james-from-amazing-race-support-spirit-day.html
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 12:05:31 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2012, 11:44:56 PM »
TEAM #6, BABY!

« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 11:26:16 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline Faith511

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2012, 07:16:47 AM »
That article was good but i am confused. Is Jaymes gay? :duno: