Author Topic: TAR 21: Abbie Ginsberg & Ryan Danz "Dating Divorcees"  (Read 56975 times)

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 21: Abbie Ginsberg & Ryan Danz "Dating Divorcees"
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2012, 07:03:03 AM »
Wow. I'm actually really sad about their elimination. Initially they were the cocky dominant couple but these last few episodes have completely changed my perception of them. They showed their true colors through their decision to stick with Brent & Josh.. TWICE. It was something I didn't think they would even consider doing. So for that, I'm thankful that they did have some flight troubles, even if it did screw them in the end.

Bad luck with two flights screwed them and it sucks big time. Uggh, I can't help but feel so sorry for them, they kept hitting obstacle after obstacle without any lucky breaks :( I know it must have been so demoralising for them.

I honestly don't think I've ever gone from disliking a team to rooting for them in such a short space of time. Yes, Ryan might have been arrogant, but I think that was just his competitive spirit in the game... their final legs really showed what incredible people the two of them are and I'm really thankful they were selected for the race.

I know you read these threads Ryan and Abbie, so thank you for being you, it was a pleasure watching you both :) And if you're ever selected to return, you will definitely be one of the teams I'm rooting for.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2012, 07:15:02 AM »
Yeah! I don't mind seeing them in the next All-Stars :hoot: They are really have reason to race in Unfinished Business.

Abbie cried and hugged the kind Dutch lady is the most heartbreaking interaction between racer and local people I've ever seen since Luke in India.  :'(
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2012, 07:16:51 AM »
I honestly don't think I've ever gone from disliking a team to rooting for them in such a short space of time.

Me too! :lol: Only other team that might fall into that category for me is Kynt & Vyxsin, and they are now one of my all-time faves.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2012, 08:45:24 AM »
Wow. This was one of the most heartbreaking and epic elimination ever :( . They went from dominant team to the back of the pack a couple of episodes ago, and couldn't seem to catch up. They really looked miserable at the end of last episode, with the u-turn, the rain, Abbie dancing with the lady, Ryan being the only one falling in the mud...

I wish they stayed instead of Josh & Brent. I kind of really liked them at the end. They do need to go on the next UB.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2012, 10:21:24 AM »
Wow, those were some pretty good interviews. Before reading them, I already liked Abbie & Ryan the most out of the post-leg 4 cast, but compared to all 400+ teams (including foreign seasons) they'd still be somewhere in the "who cares" range. They've moved up to the teams I really like, though. Hope they're in the next All-Stars.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2012, 11:21:16 AM »
Abbie cried and hugged the kind Dutch lady is the most heartbreaking interaction between racer and local people I've ever seen since Luke in India.

I know. It broke my heart too.

She was just truly thankful and when Ryan was eliminated.. you could see he had no words not because he's pissed off.. but because TAR Adventure has come to an end for them. Really sad to watch...

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2012, 11:29:33 AM »
I hope Ryan and Abbie gets a second shot in UB V2.0. WRP, READ. WE LIKE THEM. (more than twinnie) :lol:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2012, 01:34:02 PM »
I hope y'all are reading carefully, because Ryan is dropping some tidbits about the rules that I hadn't ever seen mentioned before.

1. The tiebreaker for last place. Hadn't happened, but it could have this time but for the epic U-Turn.
2. That the teams actually carry a copy of the rulebook.

And their interviews further confirmed what we've known for a bunch of seasons now, that teams do not mingle at the pit stops, and if they're separated by enough time, they might not see some or all of the other teams for an extended period.

Valuable interviews, and a lot of perceptions about how the Race actually works.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2012, 04:58:22 PM »
I hope Ryan and Abbie gets a second shot in UB V2.0. WRP, READ. WE LIKE THEM. (more than twinnie) :lol:

Quoting to double the odds that WRP reads it. :lol:

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2012, 08:06:14 PM »

Quoting to double the odds that WRP reads it. :lol:

Yes, quote again to triple the effect, I really want to see them back again since they have had one of the most unluckiest situations in the race, their reason to come back is more valid than any of the teams in TAR UB!

Reading their interviews, we got to know why they were so shocked that the Chippendales u-turned them, and I really hope Ryan mentioning that the remaining teams need to watch out Josh/Brent mean that they may pull a Dan/Jordan win! But I am sad that it seems their friendship with the Chippendales were gone after this u-turn...

paldog123456

« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2012, 08:38:50 PM »
The one thing I am still shocked about is how one flight kept them behind for 3 legs straight. (This prevented them from getting an ideal flight to Amsterdam.) In recent TAR seasons, a team may have been kept behind for maybe 1-2 legs, but there is usually some sort of bunching. (Yes, I know that they could have caught up on the flight to Amsterdam.)

The only recent time I can think with this lacking of bunching was in TAR 16 during the German and France legs. (TAR 11 definantly counts, but I don't consider it to be recent.)

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2012, 11:26:26 PM »
I know you read these threads Ryan and Abbie, so thank you for being you, it was a pleasure watching you both :) And if you're ever selected to return, you will definitely be one of the teams I'm rooting for.

In that case, register at RFF and join the madness! :snicker:
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2012, 06:15:55 AM »
In that case, register at RFF and join the madness! :snicker:

:D
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 06:20:46 AM by Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2012, 01:07:01 PM »
I think Abbie and Ryan were just really unlucky. Like real unlucky. Even their earlier flight got rescheduled. What are the chances of it being happening?

It's true to a certain extent as to what Josh and Brent said. If it's their time to go, it is. It's sad.. but nobody would have expected Ryan and Abbie's 2 hours earlier flight to have technical difficulties. :(

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2012, 05:46:14 PM »
'The Amazing Race' exit interview: Abbie and Ryan
Super-competitive duo bow out after a record-setting string of bad luck
By Diane Vadino, msntv.com

It wasn't that long ago that Ryan Danz and Abbie Ginsberg were in the running to become "The Amazing Race"'s most successful pair ever—and the first team to win a $2 million prize. That plan fell apart, though, after a series of airport-centric snafus push them to the back of the pack. Ultimately, they fell victim to the city of Frankfurt and a season-ending U Turn, planned by a trio of teams and enacted by the Chippendales. We spoke to the pair about falling victim to their former pals, teaming up with the Beekman guys, and hugging it out on a Dutch street.

MSN TV: That seemed like a pretty miserable way to exit the game. Did you guys have a chance to talk it through later with James and Jaymes? Did you come to understand better where they were coming from, once you saw the episode?

Ryan: It was actually harder leaving the game knowing just how many times—four times, to be exact—we had plane issues. Our flights ultimately cost us the loss, not the U-Turn. Had we arrived into Amsterdam on the first flight we booked, we would have landed before Texas and potentially beat them to the U-Turn mat. Even if we hadn't beaten them to the mat, we would have had four hours on the Beeks and would have been able to overcome the U-Turn. 

We have not spoken to the Chips since our exit. We were disappointed in them. We weren't upset that we were U-Turned—what we were surprised with was who had U-Turned us. We expected it to have been the twins or Texas, but the Chips caught us by surprise. What they didn't show was the friendship that we had developed at LAX and carried through the race with the Chips. It went beyond just helping each other out. So we were bummed that we had been backstabbed by them.

Did you know that Josh and Brent had considered helping you out on the organ grinder task—almost to the point of kicking themselves off the show?

Ryan: We were. Leaving us wasn't an easy decision for them. Ultimately, they had to do what was best for them, and we completely understand why they didn't wait around.

Abbie, I almost cried when I saw that Dutch woman give you a hug following the organ grinder task. What was that exchange like?

Abbie: She was actually American, and her name is Pam. So, thanks, Pam, if you're reading this. I was so overwhelmed with the series of events from the past four days or so. Pam was so sweet and generous—she ended up giving me the last six Euro to complete the task. That hug—or hugs—was real. I just poured everything out on her.

Do you think running for $2 million ultimately made you better or worse racers?

Ryan: The $2 million dollar prize really did not change our motivation to win at all. We can honestly say that. We are huge "Amazing Race" fans and have been since the very beginning. We would have raced just as hard for one dollar. We would have paid to be a part of the race. We grew closer as a couple and were able to cultivate a very important friendship with the Beekmans that will hopefully continue to prosper.

If I had been in your shoes, it would have made me crazy to see the twins take a bigger chance than you guys did, with their connection in Rome, and have it pay off so big—not because they were better racers but because they were lucky. Given what you've been through, what would be your approach on flight connections or stuff like that in the future (say, on an All-Stars season)? Did you come out of this with any definite-dos or definite-don'ts?

Ryan: Part of the flight choices were just due to back luck. We booked two connections out of Frankfurt to be safe, so we really were learning from our mistake on the way from Istanbul to Moscow. We were pretty good about taking a step back and talking to each other about mistakes and things we needed to fix after each leg of the race. Maybe we would take a better look at connection times, and if we had a choice between Frankfurt and another connecting city, we wouldn't go with Frankfurt.

Abbie: I probably could drop a few backpack pounds. We each said it would have been great to travel with one backpack instead of two. It didn't impair us at any point, but you really do realize how little you can get by on for a month.

Ryan, I saw on your Twitter that you could see the other teams opening their clues from your hotel room in Moscow. What was going through your head at that point?

Ryan: Oh my gosh—that night in the Moscow hotel room was torture! We kept watching a Lady Gaga music video marathon because every other channel was in Russian. We kept staring out the window, and we were about 10 to 12 stories up from a park beneath us. At about 7:30 p.m., we saw the Chips ripping open their clue. It was like a kid trying to open their Christmas presents early. We saw them leave, then the Texans, and then the twins a bit later. There was nothing worse than seeing three teams leave and knowing you don't get to leave to the next morning! We saw their flags as well, and luckily, we had a world map with us that had the flags along the border. We were able to narrow down the countries to France, Netherlands, and Romania.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2012, 08:06:32 PM »
Ryan: Oh my gosh—that night in the Moscow hotel room was torture! We kept watching a Lady Gaga music video marathon because every other channel was in Russian.

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2012, 11:02:46 PM »
Had they got a chance to do All-Stars, maybe the producers should have a leg in Frankfurt!!  :lol:

I like this team the most out of the final 5, I know many people don't like them because they think Ryan is arrogant, but people overlooked the fact that they treat each other very well as a couple, even Dave/Rachel and Meghan/Cheyne would bicker along the way but they never argued at all.

Also, Ryan may be arrogant but so does Dave in last season or Cindy in TAR19, I just think it's the competitiveness required when you have the goal to win, and the most important thing is to play a fair game.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2012, 11:13:11 PM »
Looking at how they treated Josh and Brent so nicely.. I just figured out they got the bad end of the edit because they didn't win the race and that our F4 consist of potential F3 teams who may win the game... so who else but to steer the viewers towards loving/hating a team? Ryan and Abbie obviously.

Their elimination felt like Terrence and Sarah's one for me in TAR 13. Strong team getting eliminated and it's hard/sad to watch!

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2012, 09:19:34 PM »
Had they got a chance to do All-Stars, maybe the producers should have a leg in Frankfurt!!  :lol:

Yes, with Frankfurt as the first destination.  :conf:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 09:49:45 PM by Genius »

Offline Kavie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2012, 09:40:19 PM »
Looking at how they treated Josh and Brent so nicely.. I just figured out they got the bad end of the edit because they didn't win the race and that our F4 consist of potential F3 teams who may win the game... so who else but to steer the viewers towards loving/hating a team? Ryan and Abbie obviously.

Their elimination felt like Terrence and Sarah's one for me in TAR 13. Strong team getting eliminated and it's hard/sad to watch!

People don't hate this team. I just don't see the hate for them. I see many hate for the Twins though

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2012, 12:26:50 AM »

People don't hate this team. I just don't see the hate for them. I see many hate for the Twins though

For the first 2/3 legs. People didn't hate the twins until in India where the twinnies go TWINNNNNNNNIEEEEEEEEEEEE. And then when the twins took the Rockers money... and until recently U-TURN Ryan and Abbie.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2012, 05:53:07 AM »

For the first 2/3 legs. People didn't hate the twins until in India where the twinnies go TWINNNNNNNNIEEEEEEEEEEEE. And then when the twins took the Rockers money... and until recently U-TURN Ryan and Abbie.

India?  :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2012, 10:37:14 AM »
My bad, Bangladesh. :lol:

They all seem the same anyway. :P :lol3:

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2012, 11:02:46 AM »
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH RYAN & ABBIE FROM THE AMAZING RACE 21

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7bXBHiD1l7M&amp;list=UL" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7bXBHiD1l7M&amp;list=UL</a>

This is their first Video Interview and guess who got asked to go along for the ride with Eric Curto from @RealityRecaps  :lol3:   watch and see!

http://reality-recap.blogspot.com/2012/11/exclusive-video-interview-with-ryan.html
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2012, 04:59:34 PM »
Anyone else notice that even though the had terrible flight luck, they had the BEST taxi luck. They never had a single problem with taxis. With this season being so taxi based, its amazing.