Author Topic: TAR 21: Trey Wier & Lexi Beerman "Dating"  (Read 35339 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 21: Trey Wier & Lexi Beerman "Dating"
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2012, 09:30:00 PM »
The Amazing Race 21: Exclusive Interview with Trey Wier and Lexi Beerman
Posted on 12/13/2012 by Gina in The Amazing Race and Cast Interviews

by Gina Scarpa

Texans Trey and Lexi were a force to be reckoned with this season on The Amazing Race. Aligned with Chippendales dances Jaymes and James, as well as twin sisters Natalie and Nadiya Anderson, they raced hard every leg and always had their eye on the finish line. They arrived at the pit stop first more than any other team, but were unable to make it to the finish line before the others on this week's finale. Though they finished in third, they say they wouldn't change anything and we talked to them today to learn more about their experience running The Amazing Race.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: What was your motivation for going on The Amazing Race?

A. Lexi: I have been a fan of The Amazing Race since I was 13, which is when the very first episode aired. It has always been a dream of mine. When I met Trey, even though I loved him when I met him, I also saw a potential Amazing Race partner.

Q. GIna, RealityWanted: It's not always a good idea for couples to go on the show - it's very stressful, and they tend to fight a lot. You guys, however, were so patient and good to each other. Were you nervous about the stress of the race on your relationship at all?

A. Trey: We knew we were a strong couple going into it. We always wanna be positive and loving, no matter what. Life is as tough as it is. To have someone you can count on every day makes things more special. We struggled a little with arguing but it was such a positive experience for both of us. We love competing and we loved competing together.

A. Lexi: Another big part of it was that Trey and I had never left the country. We're away from our friends and family for 30 days and you really have to cling to each other. I don't know how couples fight with each other! I don't know, we clung to each other with all the unknown that the Amazing Race provides.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: You formed a bond with Jaymes and James during that first leg in China, but when did you decide that you wanted to work with Natalie and Nadiya too?

A. Lexi: Honestly, when we were in the airport in the very first leg headed to Shanghai was when we met them. They're 25, and we're 23, so we were the youngest on the race. Being young and the fact that they were so well traveled and well cultured, and we were the complete opposite, was an immediate attraction. They took us under their wing. There was a bunch of unknowns and honestly, Natalie and Nadiya made the experience a lot less stressful or worrisome when it came to that part.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: The twins have taken a lot of heat this season for some of their actions, one of them being the money that they took from James and Abba. Do you regret being a part of that or do you feel like it was portrayed worse than it actually was?

A. Trey: The money situation was definitely portrayed in such a wrong light. We're such good people. We would never take anything. The money was left on the ground where everyone had passed through. When the girls picked up the money, we didn't know whose it was. People may think, "Oh of course it has to be James and Abba's". Amazing Race fans know you can't touch other people's things so we weren't penalized. We didn't know.

A. Lexi: I called Abba the next day after the episode aired and explained what happened because it probably caught him off guard. Even though it's The Amazing Race, for the most part, everything you see is exactly how it happened. Unfortunately in that episode, it was shown in a way that wasn't a hundred percent factual. After our conversation, he understood.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Other than China, the only other leg you had trouble with was in Bangladesh, and that was because of cab trouble. It must be incredibly frustrating when you fall to the bottom of the pack for reasons outside of your control.

A. Trey: That was definitely a tough day for us in Bangladesh. Our cab kept breaking down. I had the bus challenge I couldn't complete and everyone was killing it around me. That was a tough day. When our cab had trouble, we had nothing to do but try to stay positive. That's what we pride ourselves on. It's not going to help our situation to yell at our cab driver.

A. Lexi: He was doing the best he could. He was such a good person. You could tell in his eyes that he felt so bad. I think we read into his character and he really did help us the best he could.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Lexi, I can only imagine what was going through your mind in that language challenge, right before the finish line. How much pressure were you under?

A. Lexi: An extreme amount of pressure! After Trey absolutely dominated the Houdini challenge, I had never been so proud of someone. There were no words to describe that moment. He's terrified of heights, I can't even get him to go skydiving with me. For him to do it, and he did it in less than 3 minutes, it was insane! Knowing that he conquered his fear, I felt like I was the reason why we didn't win the race, even though I shouldn't have. It was hard. I was trying to think back and the reason I got China was because when I jumped on the mat, she said "Ni hao" and I thought she said, "Yeehaw" and I said, "Yeehaw" back! Those little things obviously didn't help enough. But we're so proud of how we performed as a couple and as a team. It made us ten thousand times stronger.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Trey, Lexi was talking about how she felt towards the very end but can you speak to how you felt about her as a partner throughout the race?

A. Trey: Lexi was a freakin' all star the whole race. She's a cheerleader and was able to cheer me on and I was honored to be able to cheer her on. Before I met her, The Amazing Race wasn't even on my radar. For her to share that with me and have me fall in love with it, I'm so blessed. She was a champ the whole time. She was so good at the challenges. I didn't ever wanna be scared, she gave me confidence. In the final challenge, it was so tough. I love her more than anything and to see her struggle, it made me wanna cry. I wouldn't change it for the world.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: I love the way, Lexi, you always not so subtly hinted that you were ready to take your relationship to the next level. What is the status right now?

A. Trey: I mean, we're still dating. We're not engaged yet! I told Lexi that I want to marry her. She's the woman of my dreams but I've been playing football the past four years in school and didn't have a job. I need to have a good job and want to buy her the ring she deserves. I don't wanna rush it, I want to be able to support her.

A. Lexi: I love it, I love it!

http://www.realitywanted.com/newsitem/6015-the-amazing-race-21-exclusive-interview-with-trey-wier-and-lexi-beerman
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2012, 07:45:11 AM »
When I met Trey, even though I loved him when I met him, I also saw a potential Amazing Race partner.

:cmaslol :cmaslol

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2012, 09:19:21 AM »
Kind a make me upset that Trey&Lexi didn't get as strong edit as The Twins and The Chippendales, or even Abby&Ryan  :cmas15...

It just made you knew that this team actually didn't win
Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2012, 01:59:34 PM »

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: The twins have taken a lot of heat this season for some of their actions, one of them being the money that they took from James and Abba. Do you regret being a part of that or do you feel like it was portrayed worse than it actually was?

A. Trey: The money situation was definitely portrayed in such a wrong light. We're such good people. We would never take anything. The money was left on the ground where everyone had passed through. When the girls picked up the money, we didn't know whose it was. People may think, "Oh of course it has to be James and Abba's". Amazing Race fans know you can't touch other people's things so we weren't penalized. We didn't know.

A. Lexi: I called Abba the next day after the episode aired and explained what happened because it probably caught him off guard. Even though it's The Amazing Race, for the most part, everything you see is exactly how it happened. Unfortunately in that episode, it was shown in a way that wasn't a hundred percent factual. After our conversation, he understood.

It seems to me that they still didn't have good explanation on what has happened and how the truth is different from what we have seen, in any way, I think they can't have any excuse for talking others money.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2012, 08:23:59 AM »

Pet peeve about your teammate: She talks too loud on the phone and she never puts things back where they belong.

We have heard her loud mouth! :cmaslol

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2013, 11:40:17 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS, TREY AND LEXI

Lexi tweeted a bit ago that she and Trey are engaged to be married! So happy for them!

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2013, 12:34:38 AM »
:wohoo: Good for them! It was incredibly obvious on the show how much they love each other. :hrt:
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2013, 02:15:13 AM »
Congrats, guys!! Hope you are even happier from now on. :D

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2013, 02:21:17 AM »
:congrats: to them! I hope they have a wonderful time together!

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2013, 11:16:06 AM »
:conf: Yay for them! One of the few couples I actually liked! :conf:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2013, 02:48:57 PM »
Congrats!! Best to your wishes!
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2013, 05:25:04 PM »
Congrats from here, as well!
-- theschnauzers

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2013, 03:21:24 AM »
Aw, they're great! So happy for them. Congrats! :wohoo:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2013, 08:27:20 AM »
Good for them. I think they go well together.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2013, 07:13:58 PM »
I thought Lexi had a slightly annoying voice, but other than that, and the fact that they formed an alliance, I liked them.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2013, 09:41:40 AM »
Trey and Lexi's wedding is exactly two weeks from today on Saturday, May 25th. Jaymes, James, Natalie and Nadiya will be attending the wedding at Texas. Best wishes to Trey and Lexi!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2013, 10:52:13 PM »
Congratulations to Trey and Lexi on their upcoming nuptials!
-- theschnauzers

Offline Puppet

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Arcanine <3
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2013, 02:14:42 PM »
TREY & LEXI! :conf: Congratulations to them!
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person and she looks perfect
I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2013, 02:00:49 PM »
IT'S WEDDING DAY FOR TREY AND LEXI! BEST WISHES TO THE NEWLYWEDS!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2013, 02:21:46 PM »
Congrats!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2013, 03:05:57 PM »
Wedding day? Gosh, that escalated fast! :lol3:

Congrats!! :hrt: :wohoo:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2013, 09:44:31 AM »
JUST MARRIED!

CONGRATULATIONS!

MR. AND MRS. TREY ADDISON WIER

Sorry it's blurry, it was a country themed wedding, cowboy boots and all

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2013, 10:33:21 AM »
Congrats to Trey & Lexi! :conf:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2013, 02:48:35 PM »
Natalie and Nadiya with the newlyweds at the reception. (Jaymes and James did not go to the wedding)

MrDeerShank

« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2013, 03:27:07 PM »
Yay, Trexie <3