Author Topic: TAR 21: Natalie and Nadiya Anderson "Twin Sisters"  (Read 109493 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 21: Natalie and Nadiya Anderson "Twin Sisters"
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2012, 10:10:21 AM »
I wouldn't mind if they won. They seem like a strong team.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: November 18, 2012, 07:28:33 PM »
When is the last chance for them to use the Express Pass???

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #127 on: November 18, 2012, 07:29:19 PM »
Tonight.

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: November 18, 2012, 07:30:56 PM »
Thank you Kandace  :hugs:

Offline marylandboy234

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #129 on: November 18, 2012, 07:36:37 PM »
I doubt they will use it they might waste it which is stupid according to wikipedia :(

Offline Kavie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #130 on: November 19, 2012, 02:51:17 AM »
They just wasted it. That Express Pass didn't help they to win this leg nor save them from being the last to arrive the pit stop.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: November 19, 2012, 02:53:46 AM »
They just wasted it. That Express Pass didn't help they to win this leg nor save them from being the last to arrive the pit stop.

they had to get rid of it either way. lol

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #132 on: November 19, 2012, 03:32:19 AM »
<333 at the user of Express Pass never win the leg they used it. That one thing is still unbroken until now.

But Twinnies  :hearts:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 03:39:28 AM by Theodorus »
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: November 19, 2012, 05:27:42 AM »
<333 at the user of Express Pass never win the leg they used it. That one thing is still unbroken until now.

Lei Sheng and Liu Weiwei won a leg in China Rush using Express Pass.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: November 19, 2012, 08:36:14 AM »
In the last leg, I was actually able to stand them!  :lol3:

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: November 19, 2012, 12:08:13 PM »

Even if they didn't use it, the teams were so spread out that they would have finished in 3rd either way, so no, I don't think they wasted it. It let them skip that Roadblock and get closer to Jaymes & James and Trey & Lexi for the start of the next leg.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #136 on: November 19, 2012, 12:19:53 PM »

Lei Sheng and Liu Weiwei won a leg in China Rush using Express Pass.

I think he mean that Twinnies are the first one who did not win the leg even using the express pass. Well, Mark and Kat from TARP did not win the previous leg even using it which was aired few days ago. :)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: November 19, 2012, 12:42:08 PM »
No he meant that in the american version , no team won the leg which had used the express pass :

TAR17 : Jill and Thomas placed 5th in Kiruna , Sweden.
TAR18 : Gary and Mallory placed 2nd in Kunming , China.
TAR19 : Ernie and Cindy placed 2nd in Lake Malawi
TAR20 : Rachel and Dave placed 6th in Asunción , Paraguay.
TAR21 : Natalie and Nadiya placed 3rd in Moscow.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #138 on: November 19, 2012, 05:56:05 PM »
Yes, Declive got my point. :lol:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2012, 02:15:21 PM »

Even if they didn't use it, the teams were so spread out that they would have finished in 3rd either way, so no, I don't think they wasted it. It let them skip that Roadblock and get closer to Jaymes & James and Trey & Lexi for the start of the next leg.

But now in this show there is normally some quick equaliser to bunch the teams up.

Most teams obviously use the express pass when they think there are in danger of going out, so few are likely to use it to try and win a leg.  The main idea of the race is not to be eliminated, only the last leg is all about winning.

The twins have become a bit more tolerable.  That's either because they have become quieter or because the editing isn't showing the loud side as much.

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2012, 10:22:42 PM »

But now in this show there is normally some quick equaliser to bunch the teams up.

Most teams obviously use the express pass when they think there are in danger of going out, so few are likely to use it to try and win a leg.  The main idea of the race is not to be eliminated, only the last leg is all about winning.

The twins have become a bit more tolerable.  That's either because they have become quieter or because the editing isn't showing the loud side as much.

Well they didn't waste it, it's just because they were never in that situation to benefit from the express pass, but they couldn't foresee that as well.  From task difficulty obviously they should have use it last leg but this is in a hindsight, they never knew what's ahead and teams are so spread out.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #141 on: November 23, 2012, 11:55:31 PM »
Wasting is when they don't use the EP. -_-

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: November 24, 2012, 06:27:33 AM »

Well they didn't waste it, it's just because they were never in that situation to benefit from the express pass, but they couldn't foresee that as well.  From task difficulty obviously they should have use it last leg but this is in a hindsight, they never knew what's ahead and teams are so spread out.

The statement "they should have used it last leg" (meaning for the synchronized swimming) is debatable. I would say that the geography test could have been a fiasco for either of the twins. If it took 2 teams 12 tries and another 25 tries, take a guess at how many it could have taken an individual going into it with the wrong attitude? I think the twins made the right decision by not using it at Synchronized Swimming.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 05:55:12 PM by apskip »

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: November 24, 2012, 08:05:17 AM »
I think the twins made the right decision by not using it at Synchronized Swimming

I agree. They knew, with a high degree of certainty, that they were safe during the swimming task. And the next leg could very well have started with an equalizer, in which case the express pass could very well have given them a 1st place.

/MaF

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #144 on: November 24, 2012, 01:25:08 PM »
Although the twins definitely will not get eliminated this leg as well, but the EP helped them catch up with Trexie and Chips. When Trexie were leaving for the pitstop, the twins showed up at the Detour... and we know that they catch up on loads of time since we know Nadiya and Natalie were at least 1-2 hours behind Chips. (One of the twin said it last episode while one of the twins was doing the RB.. something that has got to do with you made us spend a few hours here!)

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2012, 02:31:52 PM »
we know that they catch up on loads of time since we know Nadiya and Natalie were at least 1-2 hours behind Chips.

Since Production didn't put the release times in the episode, how do you know it was 1-2 hours. Ryan Danz has tweeted that the top three teams were released from 7:30-8:00 am. He said that Abbie and he were released at 2 pm. Hard to prove any of those times from the data we have. He said he was only at the RB for 15 minutes too. His numbers could be just self serving comments to cover his messing up.

It will certainly be interesting to see what/or even if the release times are posted in this next episode.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #146 on: November 24, 2012, 10:42:16 PM »
I explained it in my post... during the Roadblock in the first Leg of Russia... when one of the twin finished the RB, the other said... omg you idiot we spent a few hours here or something like that.

And we know they saw the Chips during the RB... so I'm assuming and taking the twins seriously that they really took quite long at the RB, probably about an hour after chips.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: November 25, 2012, 03:14:21 AM »
And we know they saw the Chips during the RB... so I'm assuming and taking the twins seriously that they really took quite long at the RB, probably about an hour after chips.

I think an hour sounds about right. If we assume the transportation took about the same time for the Chips and the twins in the last episode (a big IF admittedly). Then the difference between the teams was: time the Chips spent waiting for the road block to open + time the Chips took to perform the Road Block (12 tries ~= 15 minutes?) + time it took the Chips to complete the detour.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #148 on: November 27, 2012, 06:47:51 AM »
They have officially become only the third all-female team in the history of this show that I can't stand... (:;)
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Kavie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #149 on: November 27, 2012, 10:11:11 PM »
They have officially become only the third all-female team in the history of this show that I can't stand... (:;)

They are so mean to other teams except Taxas and the Chips, right ? (:;)