Author Topic: TAR 21: Josh Kilmer-Purcell & Brent Ridge "Goat Farmers/Life Partners"  (Read 52189 times)

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
Re: TAR 21: Josh Kilmer-Purcell & Brent Ridge "Goat Farmers/Life Partners"
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2012, 11:22:52 PM »
Congrats Josh and Brent!!
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2012, 11:49:00 PM »
Their kiss at the end was really sweet. :hrt:

Congratulations, Josh & Brent! :hearts:
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2012, 12:15:04 AM »

waiting the finale with anxiety...  :cmaslol

Photo courtesy and copyright of:
@ultrah_violet

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2012, 12:16:46 AM »

The next Vampire Hunter...?!?!  :cmas22

Photo courtesy and copyright of:
@xexmag
XEX Magazine

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2012, 12:29:41 AM »
Josh & Brent are elimination Houdinis.  :hrt:

I don't see it that way. Houdini had incredible skill. Josh and Brent have had blind luck throughout. They really have no business in an Amazing Race finale, but as we know sometimes weaker teams are the winners because taxi karma strikes the stronger teams.
Not a literal Houdini, I mean. Here is further info about "Elimination Houdini". :)

This string of comments is now ironically relevant because of the first Roadblock in New York. :lol:
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2012, 12:38:17 AM »
Congrats, Well done! You are truly rock Underdog! <33333

:hrt:  :cmas23 :cmas51 :xmas146 :xmas110
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2012, 12:39:07 AM »
I think I am more happy about the outcome of this race for Abbie & Ryan's sake than I am for Josh & Brent's sake, but nonetheless...

CONGRATS BEEKMANS! :cmas23 :xmas146 :cmas9 :hoot: :conf: :partie:

Josh & Brent are elimination Houdinis.  :hrt:

I don't see it that way. Houdini had incredible skill. Josh and Brent have had blind luck throughout. They really have no business in an Amazing Race finale, but as we know sometimes weaker teams are the winners because taxi karma strikes the stronger teams.
Not a literal Houdini, I mean. Here is further info about "Elimination Houdini". :)

This string of comments is now ironically relevant because of the first Roadblock in New York. :lol:

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2012, 12:44:06 AM »
I loved Josh and Brent's win, incredibly unexpected but deserving nonetheless. They singlehandedly took down the "dream team" alliance.

I guess I'm just a sucker for an underdog story.
Bring on the 21!

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2012, 12:50:57 AM »
http://www.queerty.com/exclusive-the-fabulous-beekman-boys-got-engaged-last-night-20111217/

Exclusive: The Fabulous Beekman Boys Got Engaged Last Night!

Brent Ridge and Josh Kilmer-Purcell of The Fabulous Beekman Boys will be heading down the aisle sometime in the New Year, Queerty can exclusively report. If last night’s camera-crew-heavy engagement was any indication, every second of their big gay wedding will be taped for television—though not for Beekman Boys, which was cancelled after this past spring’s second season.

The two were the guests of honor last night at a party hosted by fellow reality TV star Sonja Morgan, who was joined by her Real Housewives of NYC co-stars Ramona Singer, Aviva Drescher, Carole Radziwill and Heather Thomson. Though Bravo hasn’t confirmed the last three ladies as replacements for Jill Zarin, Kelly Bensimon, and Cindy Barshop, rumors started back in September and, with the three Bravo camera crews in tow for the night, this reporter can assure you that these are your next ‘Wives (in case any one you queens still watch those queens), and that Brent and Josh’s engagement might be a little subplot on Real‘s next season.

Sonja informed the crowd there was a big surprise coming up in the evening, which is usually a ploy to get partygoers to stay for the whole night. But they delivered! After giving shout-outs to the hosting venue (midtown NYC‘s Sanctuary Hotel), and to her “three girlfriends”–Aviva, Carole, and Heather–she joked about Ramona and her personally branded Pinot Grigio (“Ramona’s in the house and I don’t just mean the wine”). Next, she invited Brent to take center stage.

Brent pulled out a ring, and delivered some touching monologue to Josh (and the cameras and all of us in the crowd).

“I designed this ring for you,” he said. “It’s imperfect on all sides, like both of us are. It’s hand forged from steel, like our 13-year relationship. And it’s also lined with silver. Because we always find the silver lining.”

With that, he got down on one knee and did the damned thing. “Will you marry me?”

Speechless and surprised, Josh didn’t have the words to say yes. After Brent put the ring on his finger, he said,
“What’s your answer?”

“Yes!” said Josh.

“The one thing that anyone could ever ask for when asking someone to spend the rest of their life with you is that it be a memorable event,” Brent then told the crowd.

It was a not-so-subtle plug for Sonja’s new event production company, Sonja in the City, which threw the event. The ostensible goal of the party was to promote a new product called “Lump of Kohl” from Brent and Josh’s Beekman 1802 line, which made the engagement announcement all the more unexpected.

What with the scripted nature of reality TV, however, we wondered if Josh might’ve been given a heads-up about the popped question. “None at all,” he told us. “I can’t even believe it.”

When we approached Brent for his thoughts, we told him we might be obligated to write about the bit of news. “I don’t think you can until it airs,” he said.

Beans, spilled.

Read more at http://www.queerty.com/exclusive-the-fabulous-beekman-boys-got-engaged-last-night-20111217/#sPEijjxD9Ya8U6Oj.99
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2012, 05:54:49 AM »
Congratulations Josh & Brent for everything you've accomplished! Winning the race, getting engage, everything! :ghug:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2012, 11:05:33 AM »
They did a great job!  :cmas16

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2012, 12:07:27 PM »
Knew it was you, guys.

After the TWINNIES, I have to say I was rooting for them and suffering all those second-to-last finishes. Congrats!!! <33333333333333

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2012, 01:56:05 PM »
Worst. Winners. Ever. Gbye.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2012, 02:41:30 PM »

They were certainly lucky. :lol: The Twins could have beaten any of the F3 teams I think. :(

Did Josh and Brent break the Hometown Curse? :duno:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2012, 04:42:05 PM »
The most boring and undeserving team in the F6 won, ew.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2012, 05:12:11 PM »
Call me crazy, but I think these guys got a NEGATIVE edit. They had personality and were cool, as we could see in the finale yesterday. But what about the first 10 legs? I think editing might be a reason some people dont like their victory.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2012, 05:50:03 PM »
Great article over at Zap2It
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/12/the-amazing-race-beekman-boys-josh-and-brent-on-shocking-win-teammates-snub-and-coasting-to-victory.html

After losing 11 legs of "The Amazing Race's" 21st season, underdogs Josh Kilmer-Purcell and Brent Ridge won when it counted, taking home the million-dollar prize in Sunday's (Dec. 9) finale.

Zap2it caught up with the "Fabulous Beekman Boys" stars to find out what it was like being ostracized by the teams, "coasting" through the race and more:

Watching the past few episodes brought back some nightmares from high school. What was it like for you?
That is exactly right. Luckily we learned a few things in high school so we got over it quickly. The moment we heard about the alliance against us, it was immediately demoralizing, but just for a moment -- then it became really motivating.

How do you respond to all the comments about you "coasting" to your victory?
Maybe we did coast. We went to the game with strategy that in order for us to win the race we had to not defeat ourselves -- most of the time it's one team doing themselves in. As this season proves, it's not about how many legs of the race you win -- or even winning a leg -- it's about not losing a leg until the last leg, which is the one that counts. For us, because we had that attitude going into the race, and when it got to the end, when you really have to pull it out, we weren't so mentally and psychologically exhausted. And that strategy worked.

Josh, tell us about this "bionic ankle" of yours.
I sprained it in Amsterdam [but] obviously there's a lot of travel time between legs. Like any sprained ankle, I'd keep it elevated on the plane, and when I got off the plane I was like, it's in really good shape and I could run on it. But then I turned it and sprained it all over again.

What was it like seeing Abby and Ryan's joyful reaction to your win?
It was actually very thrilling for us, because at that moment in the race we thought they were probably mad at us. They and the twins were standing right beside each other as we went down that final line of racers, and both of them were cheering as loudly as possible when we came across the finish line. That to us was just an amazing moment, because it just shows that beyond the game, beyond the competitiveness, people can appreciate what all of us went through. It shows what great competitors they are.

Who annoyed you the most on the race?
We were never really annoyed by anybody, primarily because we weren't really running with that many people. [Laughs.] We were annoyed at how good-looking the Chippendales were, but that was it.

How are you spending the million bucks?
We're paying off the mortgage on the farm so Josh can move up full-time and we can be together again. For the first time in five years we'll be together 24/7. We're also going to buy a building on the main street in our village so we can invest back in the town and have our company right in the town. Thirdly we're starting a food line and the profits are going to go to help other farmers pay off their mortgages.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 02:18:31 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Nobita

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2012, 08:02:03 PM »
Congratulations to Josh & Brent for pulling out a dark horse victory! :cmas16

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2012, 10:49:38 PM »
I was surprised to find out that Brent is a physician.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2012, 11:21:04 PM »
Best comeback boys. <3

I only found myself rooting for them since the Amsterdam leg and didn't stop once since then. Maybe I just love underdogs, and it helps that they are always so witty/smart and actually entertaining/real in their r/s that Brent gets annoyed with Josh at times etc.

:D Haters are gonna hate. :D But I'm still not a fan. I just like that they win.. but do I want to see them back again? No.

:cmaslol

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2012, 03:07:29 AM »
Congratulations to Josh & Brent!  :cmas51

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2012, 02:03:50 PM »
Having had the privilege of meeting them, I can say without a doubt that these men are wonderful, caring people and will be outstanding representatives for TAR!!

Have you all read THIS?? Do NOT miss it!!

The care and thoughtfulness they show is evident in all they do. Love the Beekman's!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline imi339

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2012, 03:33:01 PM »

They were certainly lucky. :lol: The Twins could have beaten any of the F3 teams I think. :(

agreed with both of you!

I think they will be the most unmemorable winners of TAR EVER!
But I wasn't sad my faves didn't win, they were kind of happy ( Trey&Lexi,James&Jaymes and the Twinsies of course! :D)

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2012, 10:22:18 PM »
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-josh-kilmer-purcell-and-brent-ridge-discuss-their-the-amazing-race-victory-%28part-1%29-14173.php

Exclusive: Josh Kilmer-Purcell and Brent Ridge discuss their 'The Amazing Race' victory (Part 1)
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 12/10/2012

Josh Kilmer-Purcell and Brent Ridge were crowned the champions of The Amazing Race's 21st season during Sunday night's two-hour finale broadcast of the CBS reality competition.

The "Goat Farmers and Life Partners" team was the first team to cross the 21st season of The Amazing Race's finish line in New York, NY, claiming the $1 million grand prize. "Chippendales Dancers and Best Friends" Jaymes Vaughan and James Davis finished second, while "Dating Couple" Trey Wier and Alexis "Lexi" Beerman finished the Race in third place.

"Twin Sisters" Natalie Anderson and Nadiya Anderson finished the Race in fourth place, as they had been eliminated just shy of making it to the Final 3. They had arrived at the eleventh leg's Pit Stop in Loire Valley, France, in last place.

In an exclusive interview on Monday, Josh and Brent talked to Reality TV World about their The Amazing Race victory and overall experience.

Below is the first half of Josh and Brent's interview. Check back with Reality TV World soon for the concluding portion. Also, our interviews with Trey and Lexi, Natalie and Nadiya, and Jaymes and James will be published this week.

Reality TV World: Congratulations on your big win you two!

Josh Kilmer-Purcell: Oh thank you and thanks so much for talking to us.

Reality TV World: What do you guys plan to do with the money? Is Josh going to be able to quit his job and live full-time on the farm as well, or have you already done that?

Josh Kilmer-Purcell: Well, I guess I already did it on last night's show. (Laughs)

Brent Ridge: Yeah, I mean, Josh as of January, Josh will move to the farm full-time -- which will be amazing. Because for the past five years, we've been living apart during the week and trying to grow our business to the point that it could support both of us and support the running of the farm.

Josh Kilmer-Purcell: This is really going to allow us to invest full-time into our community and building our community.

Reality TV World: Getting into the final Pit Stop, how far ahead of Jaymes and James do you think you arrived when you won The Amazing Race, and then how far behind Jaymes and James do you think Trey and Lexi finally arrived?

Josh Kilmer-Purcell: When we were at the mat, I don't know if we had a true sense of time, but I mean, if I were going to guess, I would say it was probably around 20 minutes -- if that. It was very, very close, and Trey and Lexi came shortly after the "Chippendales." It was very close. Until we walked through that door, it was anyone's game.

Brent Ridge: We never counted our chickens before they hatched.

Reality TV World: You guys obviously struggled with that Lombardi's Pizzeria task. Brent memorized the addresses and Josh, it seemed like you had to figure out which pizzas were going where. Josh, would you mind talking about that a little bit? Where did the confusion come in and how long did it take you guys to correct the two mistakes?

Josh Kilmer-Purcell: I totally own that mistake. Some of the pizza pies looked similar to some of the other varieties, and I made a mistake with a couple of the pizzas. Lucky for us, that was one time when we had the hometown advantage come into play, and we knew the streets. So it didn't take us very long to find the addresses at all. So once we corrected our mistake, we were able to get back and get it over with.

Reality TV World: How confident were you leaving the final flag Roadblock task that you were going to win? Did you really think another team could've caught up to you or were you just trying to not get too excited at that point?

Josh Kilmer-Purcell: Oh no, we were totally excited, but you know, here's the hometown disadvantage -- we know how cabs are in New York. So we knew that we could've had a non-aggressive driver or the "Chippendales" -- we didn't know who was behind us.

We knew that the teams behind us could've just found a better less-busy street to get there, so we were not confident until we burst through those [Gotham Hall] doors.

Brent Ridge: Even though we knew where Gotham Hall was, we checked on two different maps so that we could show the cab driver exactly where we wanted to go. We were not taking any chances at that point.

Reality TV World: Josh, how long did it actually take you to complete the final flag Roadblock task? At one point, the show flashed an edit which said you guys had been going at it for two-and-a-half hours.

Josh Kilmer-Purcell: Yeah, I'm sure it was at least an hour after that. We had no concept of time at that point. The one thing I do remember is them pulling out these big lights because it was getting dark. And by the time we left, it was almost pitch black.

Reality TV World: How much studying had you two done before that final leg or throughout the Race in general, because had you really anticipated there being a final memory challenge since there wasn't one last season of The Amazing Race?

Brent Ridge: Yeah, I mean, we absolutely -- just like every other team on the Race -- we had a notebook. And after every leg of the Race, we sat down and wrote every little detail that we could remember about that leg of the Race in the notebook, because we did anticipate a memory challenge. Unfortunately, we didn't anticipate that one -- nobody did, actually.

Reality TV World: You guys obviously didn't win a leg all season until the one that really counted. Looking back on your whole journey, you were clearly capable of winning, so why do you think you kept falling short? And then did you go into the final leg with a different strategy or motivation -- or did you make some adjustments -- than prior legs?

Brent Ridge: Well, I think our strategy going into the Race was, having watched 20 other seasons of the Race, was not to beat ourselves. Because most of it comes down to luck. One team could be beating another team, but then one team could be beating itself. And so, for the first part of the Race, that's really what we were focusing on -- just controlling our own emotion and staying focused and just doing the best that we could.

And for the first part of the Race, we were really kind of "middle of the pack," and it wasn't until we had that delay -- that missed connection in Frankfurt -- where we just really got so far behind. That was probably, going into Moscow, that was probably our most demoralizing moment in the Race.

And I think that, coming off of the second leg of the Race when the challenges were more cerebral and we made up so much time, I think we started kind of picking up speed at that point and realized that maybe we're not going to -- well we knew going into the Race we weren't going to be the strongest team, the most physically-strong team, but we did have strengths and we were going to be able to use them to outplay the other teams.

Reality TV World: When you guys were at Coney Island, the editing made it look like Trey and Lexi discovered their clue on "The Amazing Houdini" sign before you and were trying to conceal the fact they had found it as to not give it away. But then it looked like you guys found it a matter of minutes afterwards. Could you talk about how that unfolded? Did you see Trey and Lexi focusing on the sign and that's what gave away the clue or did you subsequently find it on your own?

Josh Kilmer-Purcell: We totally found it on our own. When we walked by the sign, we didn't even realize until we saw last night's episode that they were concealing it from us. I don't remember that.

Brent Ridge: Yeah, because I don't think that they -- I don't even remember seeing them [there].

Josh Kilmer-Purcell: I think I remember them running away. (Laughs)

Brent Ridge: Yeah.

Reality TV World: When Natalie and Nadiya were eliminated at the Race's eleventh Pit Stop, they told The Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan you guys had tricks up your sleeves. What do you think they meant by that? Do you think they were referring to the time you had been talking strategy with them in attempt to confuse them at the "Chow" Detour task or was it something else?

Brent Ridge: I think that they thought Josh had been faking his ankle injury, and I think they thought we were being deceptive in some way. But Josh's ankle really was hurt. It was incredibly swollen, but when we were there in the heat of the moment running through that big chateau, I think the adrenaline just kicked in and Josh just ran through the pain. I think that's what they were referring to.

Reality TV World: When you guys found out the other three teams in the Final 4 were in an alliance together, you called it "demoralizing" and seemed pretty aggravated. Could you talk about what was going through your minds when you discovered that? Were you upset because they had kind of made you guys the outcasts or did you actually take it as a compliment that the teams wanted you gone?

Brent Ridge: Well, we didn't think that they saw us as a threat. But I think for us, you know, we ran the Race trying to be as cordial and as nice to all the other teams. And at least to our faces throughout the whole Race, they seemed to reciprocate that.

So I think when we first heard of the alliance -- even though at this point, we understand with all the heat of the battle and we don't take anything personally -- I think at that point, when we realized, "Oh, you've been nice to these people and you've helped these people out and then all this time they're conspiring against you?" I think that was probably the most hurtful to us. But again...

Josh Kilmer-Purcell: And at first it was demoralizing of course, but then it was immediately motivating. Like you said, to suddenly realize that they want us out, meant that we would try harder not to get out. So, it was actually a pretty good gift they gave us.

Reality TV World: So looking back on how Trey and Lexi, Natalie and Nadiya, and Jaymes and James had indirectly conspired against you guys by forming an alliance but directly conspired against Abbie Ginsberg and Ryan Danz by actively trying to take them out of the game with any chance they were given, do you think The Amazing Race should be more of an individual team game?

Josh Kilmer-Purcell: No, it's a great -- alliances are always helpful. But in The Amazing Race, it's different than a lot of the other reality TV programs. An alliance could help you temporarily in the heat of the moment, but there's no such thing as a long-term alliance strategy. In the Race, nothing like that has ever played out.

Above is the first half of Josh and Brent's interview. Check back with Reality TV World soon for the concluding portion. Also, our interviews with Trey and Lexi, Natalie and Nadiya, and Jaymes and James will be published this week.