The Amazing Race > The Racers

TAR 21: Josh Kilmer-Purcell & Brent Ridge "Goat Farmers/Life Partners"

<< < (4/21) > >>

Plaidmoon:
While looking at Twitter yesterday, I stumbled across a tweet with a link to a video of Josh in his drag queen role of Aquadesia. Because inquiring minds want to know, I had to go look at it. It appears to be something Josh put out when he wrote an autobiography 5 or 6 years ago. It's pretty tame stuff, so it should be safe even for those that are squeamish at the thought of men in drag. I do feel a bit bothered about the fish used in the video. I hope it wasn't too hard on them. Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/v/gzBUPRxjX6U?version=3&amp;hl

georgiapeach:
The Beekman's are coming! The Beekman's are coming!! TO ATLANTA!

Hope everyone can give them a warm Atlanta welcome!

You can catch up with Josh Kilmer-Purcell and Brent Ridge in person on Saturday, October 27, 2012 at one of the following Atlanta locations:

9:00am:
Morningside Farmers Market
1393 N. Highland AveAtlanta GA 30306
as they sign copies of their bestselling cookbook,“The Beekman 1802 Heirloom Cookbook.”

Then at The Country Living Fair
Stone Mountain ParkU.S. Highway 78 East, Exit 8Stone Mountain, GA 30087

1:00pm Cooking Demo:
The Country Living Fair
“Cooking Butternut Squash‑Filled Lasagna Rolls” at the Kitchen Stage in Blackberry Field

2:00pm Book Signing:
Meet Josh and Brent
at The General Store on the Main Green

Air:
Peach, remember to tell us all about it!

Plaidmoon:
Here's an interesting insight as to Josh and Brent's thoughts and behavior during the legs of the race that have aired so far. Essentially, they decided not to show outward signs of affection because they were traveling in Muslim countries where homosexuality is illegal. hat suggests we might see some differences in that team once they get Turkey or Russia. The article can be found at http://greginhollywood.com/beekman-boys-not-showing-affection-on-the-amazing-race-76099.

The Fabulous Beekman Boys explain why they are not showing affection on “The Amazing Race”
By Greg Hernandez on Oct 29, 2012 4:38 pm | Comments (1) |

On Sunday night’s episode of The Amazing Race on CBS, life partners Josh Kilmer-Purcell and Brent Ridge barely managed to stave off elimination from the reality show competition.

The couple, better known as The Fabulous Beekman Boys because they have their own reality show about life on their farm in upstate New York, took to Facebook Monday to address why they have not been as visibly affectionate as some of the other couples in the race.

‘Of the five legs shown thus far, four have been in Muslim countries and homosexuality is illegal in every country we’d visited or passed through,’ they explained. ‘Since we are guests in these countries, we chose to not embrace or kiss for practical and respectful reasons.’

‘We were literally relying on the kindness of strangers and cab drivers and challenging their beliefs would not have been strategically smart nor neighborly,’ they added. ‘To be completely fair, perhaps many of the great people we met along the way wouldn’t have had any issues with our relationship. But unfortunately, we didn’t have the time to get to know them better personally.’

The Amazing Race, now in its 21st season, teams of two people, who have some form of a preexisting personal relationship, racing around the world with other teams. Teams are progressively eliminated until three are left. The team that arrives first in the final leg is awarded the grand prize of $1 million.

Declive:
That was very interesting. I think they're playing smart with this one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version