Author Topic: CR3 SHOW Discussion! **SPOILERS**  (Read 49193 times)

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: CR3 SHOW Discussion! **SPOILERS**
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2012, 04:24:38 AM »
I don't get why the creators even think that an extremely early elimination is a good idea. Do they think it will draw in more viewers? Do they think long-time viewers will say "You know, this show is getting stale, but if there's a possibility of my favorite team being gone within five minutes, I may continue watching."?

I know that before the shooting of this season, some fans advised the crew on Weibo.com to set some twists on the starting line mission. Then they chose the starting line elimination twist without thinking twice.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2012, 01:11:56 AM »
Come to think of it, this is the first time that a shock elimination point was determined by a luck-based task. Way to go.

I wouldn't say it was entirely luck-based. It was luck-based until the first team found the correct flag. Then it was more a matter of keeping track of what the other teams were trying and noticing which succeeded.

Offline EagleSpirit0

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2012, 10:16:19 PM »
Other than being robbed of at least 55 more minutes of Jia Jia, was anyone else surprised at how high quality this episode was?  China Rush has never been, well, TAR: Vietnam levels, but they never really seemed to have quite compelling teams/tasks of other TAR franchises ... teams were kinda cookie-cutter, there was little humor/drama, and the tasks were just an endless series of tasks that seem to be part of a graduate-level Chinese anthropology course.  On the other hand, this batch of teams seems to have a few stand-outs and the tasks weren't all that bad ...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2012, 10:15:49 AM »
Thanks PurpleFeathers for the correction and :welcome: to RFF!

Based on this and Weihen's rec, I have removed the spoiler bar request and the wrong time frames.

Thanks!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2012, 12:36:32 AM »
KhaiShing, one half of Team Malaysian Twins just posted her thoughts on Ep.01 = http://www.khaishing.com/2012/09/the-amazing-race-china-rush-3-episode-1.html

and Henry Su from Team Henry & Jennifer also posted his thoughts = http://henrysu.com/

Enjoy...  :)

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2012, 12:50:12 AM »
ugh. Allan is still as cheesy and hammy as ever. ughughughughughughugh :eww
Bring on the 21!

addie

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2012, 02:50:46 PM »
This boot order is going to suck. :(

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2012, 08:03:29 PM »
2 of my 3 favorite teams are gone!  :gaah: Go Janelle & Karin! This season would be really boring if there are only chinese speaking teams left...
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2012, 11:14:34 PM »
I don't know how much of a difference it would have made, but Ryan & Charlie should have been penalized 30 minutes plus the time gained, and not just 30 minutes. 

Taking a taxi for the 2 kilometer distance might have gained them from 10 minutes to 25 minutes, so they should have been penalized between 40 minutes to 55 minutes.

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2012, 04:54:06 AM »
Henry's & Jenn's Speed Bump wasn't much of a time-consuming task - CR has gone soft somehow after the shocking elimination of Robb & JiaJia...  (:;)

addie

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2012, 05:06:47 AM »
Speedbump is always not much of a time consuing task. And I think they deserved it, poor Jennifer has had a lot of bad luck (asthma, grandfather died, brain tumor).

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2012, 06:32:51 PM »
Since they had a starting line elimination, they also should have had 12 teams, like TAR15.

Only having 10 teams left made it fairly obvious that leg 1 would be a non-elimination leg.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2012, 09:11:01 PM »
Since they had a starting line elimination, they also should have had 12 teams, like TAR15.

Only having 10 teams left made it fairly obvious that leg 1 would be a non-elimination leg.

I wouldn't have bothered anyway if they have made a starting-line elimination and a double elimination in one episode. They could have done so in that way. :lol3:
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2012, 09:49:29 PM »
The first episode credits says it was in memory of Jesse Burke, who is he?

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2012, 10:07:51 PM »
I think someone involved with filming it, though I'm not entirely sure what he did.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2012, 08:15:02 AM »
I find it interesting that on China Rush, one challenge may change the ranking order greatly. I don't feel the same in other versions.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2012, 09:24:12 AM »
I think someone involved with filming it, though I'm not entirely sure what he did.

The information I've got says that this person (I guess it's a man's name, isn't it?) was one of the game producers for China Rush. He passed away before the show aired.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2012, 10:01:06 AM »
According to Khai Shing, one half of the Malaysian Twins at http://www.khaishing.com/2012/09/the-amazing-race-china-rush-3-episode-1.html

Some of you may have noticed that there was a credit "In Memory of Jesse Burke" at the end of the show. Jesse, one of the game producers for China Rush 3 passed in July 2012.
"RIP Jesse. Life's so fragile. This is hard to believe...even though we didn't get to interact much with him during the race, we could see that he was a great game producer. Thanks to Jesse for all his hard work behind-the-scenes for CR3." ~ KhaiShing
"It was awesome meeting you on the Amazing Race China Rush, im so sad your child will never get to meet you since you are awesome and a half! see you one day! condolences to your family and friends." ~ Janelle
"第三季CR马上就要播出了,他却没有机会看了...有时候在想像以后有空去北京找他玩之类的,没想到成都一别就永别了,不知道为什么特别难受,他还那么年轻哪~不得不感叹生命如此脆弱,珍惜每一刻、每一个身边人吧!!" ~ 菲妃娘娘

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2012, 07:10:27 PM »
According to Khai Shing, one half of the Malaysian Twins at http://www.khaishing.com/2012/09/the-amazing-race-china-rush-3-episode-1.html

Some of you may have noticed that there was a credit "In Memory of Jesse Burke" at the end of the show. Jesse, one of the game producers for China Rush 3 passed in July 2012.
"RIP Jesse. Life's so fragile. This is hard to believe...even though we didn't get to interact much with him during the race, we could see that he was a great game producer. Thanks to Jesse for all his hard work behind-the-scenes for CR3." ~ KhaiShing
"It was awesome meeting you on the Amazing Race China Rush, im so sad your child will never get to meet you since you are awesome and a half! see you one day! condolences to your family and friends." ~ Janelle
"第三季CR马上就要播出了,他却没有机会看了...有时候在想像以后有空去北京找他玩之类的,没想到成都一别就永别了,不知道为什么特别难受,他还那么年轻哪~不得不感叹生命如此脆弱,珍惜每一刻、每一个身边人吧!!" ~ 菲妃娘娘

Was it an accident or a disease?
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2012, 09:56:45 PM »
Was it an accident or a disease?

Don't know. Maybe you can drop a line @ KhaiShing.com - she may know.

Here are some other links to Jesse = http://www.mandy.com/home.cfm?c=bur401

and

https://www.facebook.com/jesse.burke.735
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 08:26:33 AM by zeeyyy »

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2012, 05:31:23 AM »

I was about to ask the same question for Jesse Bourke.. but here's where all info can be discovered.. so glad to came back.. ;D

Loving the cast... wouldn't know if Rob&JiaJia make it, will they be an interesting and entertaining team?

So far I watched up until episode 2, waiting for episode 3 to be uploaded...  :hoot:
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2012, 06:44:40 AM »

I was about to ask the same question for Jesse Bourke.. but here's where all info can be discovered.. so glad to came back.. ;D

Loving the cast... wouldn't know if Rob&JiaJia make it, will they be an interesting and entertaining team?

So far I watched up until episode 2, waiting for episode 3 to be uploaded...  :hoot:

I'm waiting for it be aired!

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2012, 09:53:41 PM »
I know in S19 of Survivor a cameraman was drowned to death, but I don't think that season showed in memory of him in the credit list. Don't know what to say.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2012, 01:12:10 AM »
China Rush Season 1 - better than I expected, but not crazy about it

China Rush Season 2 - Stunned at how much I liked it and how entertaining it was.

So far this season is looking like it's living up to Season 2's awesomeness
Bring on the 21!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2012, 11:05:40 PM »
does anybody notice anything unusual about this race?