Author Topic: S25: Michael Skupin (Tandang)  (Read 5948 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
S25: Michael Skupin (Tandang)
« on: August 20, 2012, 11:31:51 PM »

image credit to Monty Brinton

Name (Age): Michael Skupin (50)

Previous Season: “Survivor: The Australian Outback”

Previous Finish: Medical evacuation due to severe burns received after passing out into a fire from smoke inhalation. After inhaling a thick cloud of smoke, I passed out and fell forward into the fire suffering severe burns all over my body, the worst of which was on my hands.

Tribe Designation: Tandang

Current Residence: White Lake, Mich.

Personal Claim to Fame: I have seven of them that I feed every day – my children. And, ranking 23rd on TV Guide and TV Land's List of the 100 Most Unexpected TV Moments. It’s an honor to have been there when it all started!

Inspiration in Life: My dad, a true warrior who lost a battle to cancer when he was 28, and my mom who battled emphysema for 17 years and never complained. She taught me what tough was. 

Hobbies: Sports and fitness, coaching my kids and anything to do with water… in it, on it, over it, looking at it or listening to it. 

Pet Peeves: Negativity and pessimism. The glass is always full.

Three Words to Describe You: Adventurous, spontaneous and competitive.

If You Could Have Three Things on The Island, What Would They Be and Why?

1. Animals to hunt for food.
2. An impenetrable shelter.
3. An unbreakable alliance.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: To avenge a long-standing internal battle, wondering if I can win this game in spite of the changes and my 12-year absence. No matter what any returning player may say, you never stop thinking about going back. And: seven cars when they turn 16, seven college educations, seven weddings… I want to be there for my kids at all times when they need me.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: The physical part I’m ultra-prepared for. I never stop moving. The survival part won’t be an issue. I grew up in the woods. My crazy family life has prepared me exceptionally for the mental part. I’m surviving seven kids!   

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: There is no other returning player in the history of this game with more to prove than me. I’ll find a way to win, whatever it takes! I won’t give up… ever, ever , ever, ever!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 08:12:05 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: S25: Michael Skupin (Tandang)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 10:34:54 PM »
Can't believe we've hit the Final 5, Michael's still in, and no one's said anything here! He's my all-time favorite player. Even if he doesn't win, I'm so happy for him that he was able to make it this far after what happened to him in Australia.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 10:48:31 PM »
I really liked him in Australia, but he's been pretty invisible on this season. He had next to no airtime in the first half of the season (other than cutting himself constantly :cmaslol) and was pretty invisible, but I am glad that he has got some more airtime more recently.

Still, I preferred Skupin in Australia over Skupin in Philippines, but then again, it's hard to top killing a pig! :cmaslol
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 07:56:59 PM »
Am watching some of the early post-merge episodes, and I don't understand this guy. Firstly he sticks to Tandang because they are his tribe. Then he flips and betrays them. Then he makes a Final Four deal with Denise/Malcolm. Then he gets rid of Abi at the Final Five (and tosses away a million dollars) because he had a Final Four deal with Denise/Malcolm. Then he gets rid of Malcolm even though he had a Final Three deal with him.

Michael Skupin makes no sense to me. :cmas30:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 02:26:33 PM »
I honestly, don't even know why he was asked back. :cmas30:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 11:26:22 PM »
He made a great point in the final episode. Since you don't get to live through what the other finalists went through, you would probably think you have the best reason to win. I never thought about it before, but it makes a lot of sense :cmas16.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 11:44:07 PM »
He made a great point in the final episode. Since you don't get to live through what the other finalists went through, you would probably think you have the best reason to win. I never thought about it before, but it makes a lot of sense :cmas16.

For Skupin, yes... because the jury seemed to disregard Denise this season. I thought Lisa had it in the bag!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 06:26:26 AM »
I honestly, don't even know why he was asked back. :cmas30:

IKR.

There are other injured castaways who they could've asked back and would have been better choices.