The Amazing Race International Versions > TAR Australia

Joys and Disappointments of TARAus 2

(1/7) > >>

Air:
I saw this thread discussing TARAus1 and I thought it would be good to bring back!

I think the winners and the final leg were really good and I liked it a lot. But I don't like leg 6, which was designed to eliminate the team that placed last in the previous leg.

supah:
JOYS
<<<<<<<<<<<< Let's get this out of the way. The best FF team of all time ran all 12 Legs of this race
- Even though I felt like the majority of the cast were cartoon characters, they ended being EXTREMELY likeable and loveable!
- Giving the earlier eliminated teams more screen time I think this is really good, compared to the American version where the first teams eliminated are irrelevant (wait who's Anthony and Stephanie?). This is probably one of my main JOYS of the season, I really they hope they continue this for future seasons! 
- Some people said the route is the worst part of the season. I think the route in general is absolutely AMAZING! They visited the different types of environments (beach, snow, desert, etc), they visited the four main regions of Asia, an unpredictable country (Cuba), the beautiful mountains of Canada and QUEENSLAND! A very diverse range of environments, even though they seemed boring because every other edition visits them, I still absolutely loved them!
- This race delivered my favourite Leg 1 of ALL AMAZING RACE HISTORY! It was perfect!
- The best team won the race (nice guys do finish first)
- Some AWESOME challenges! Even though some were recycled. Season 1 was all about the extreme, and this season they tried to lay off that. Special mentions to the raft building task, second RB in Leg 3, Detour in the desert, RB in the Basilica Cistern (Istanbul), the drive in the Cuban classic cars, the RB and Detour in Vancouver, RB at the Great Wall of China and the final Roadblock!
- Leg 9 was most definitely my favourite episode of the season! It was perfect! The other awesome episodes were 1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10 and 11  :)
- Very well constructed finale
- Putting teams IN FRONT of the Finish Line. But why can't you have 4 teams on each side instead of all of them in one big line? ARGH
- 6 different teams won at least 1 Leg, that shows most teams had an equal chance to win a Leg
- All in all this was a very ENTERTAINING season, lots of laughs!
- Grant Bowler being a good host for the first half of the race

DISAPPOINTMENTS
- Forms of equalisers halfway through the Legs (thankfully two out of three of them ended up being non-elimination)
- EDITING OUT TASKS! This is the MOST disappointing disappointment. It leaves so many things un-explained!
- CASTING A VILLAIN TEAM - The casting directors need to know that they don't have to cast a villain. They could get 11 awesome teams and one of them could turn into villains along the way! I couldn't STAND Paul!!!!!
- Too many recycled tasks. It's fine to recycle the really good ones, but tasks like the turban un-ravelling.. lame..
- Grant Bowler's extreme awkwardness at the Finish Line :/
- Need at least one or two more Fast Forwards
- More U-Turns! Don't boast about adding the 'Must Vote U-Turn' and only executing it once

All in all, I genuinely loved this season, it is probably one of my favourite seasons of all time. It was VERY entertaining (props to Hunners and Lumelia). There was a true competitive spirit. Lots of intense, edge-of-your-seat excitement. Amazing and diverse route. Interesting challenges!
Overall, Season 3 is going to have to work its butt off to beat this season  ;)

Best Loser:
The good:
- Everyone was edited evenly. You got to know each team. There wasn't a "root for this team" or a "root against this team".
- Having really good winners. The finale finishing order was even how I wanted it.
- Reusing less tasks.
- The original tasks were all really good.
- Cuba and Canada.

The bad:
- "You are the _____ team to arrive!"
- They were so close to having a route without any of the first season's countries, but then they had to go and visit China. Why not Japan or South Korea. There's plenty of good tasks in those seasons that you could use.
- The Salvage Pass
- Most of the tasks they reuse weren't even very good to begin with
- Reusing a task from the previous season, and not to mention a terrible task. The "How well do you know your partner" task is terrible.
- The cast had less "real" people and more gimmick teams.
- Flying to Paris, doing a lot of tasks, then flying to Cuba where they drive to a nightclub and then the pitstop.
- Having an Intersection on a Marked for Elimination leg.
- Grant somehow got worse as a host. During his narration it sounds like he's recording it in slow motion.
- Sarah's botox/overdone makeup. She would probably look extremely attractive if she didn't have any of that done.
- Michelle & Jo's died hair and oompa-loompa tan.

amazing race fan:
Good:

Cast was great
Their was a real "villain" in this season although not deserved
A real dominant team
China for the second to last leg is always the way to go
Going to India is always great
Good locations for the most part. Didn't like Turkey, Philippines or having two different Cuba legs, but locations were good for the most part
Final leg was great
Liked the jail challenge.

Bad:
Least deserving winners of the Final three
A few locations were suspect
Didn't like that a team could be U-Turned twice in a race.
Grace was so annoying

Aussie:

--- Quote from: amazing race fan on August 18, 2012, 02:47:01 PM ---Good:

Cast was great
Their was a real "villain" in this season although not deserved
A real dominant team
China for the second to last leg is always the way to go
Going to India is always great
Good locations for the most part. Didn't like Turkey, Philippines or having two different Cuba legs, but locations were good for the most part
Final leg was great
Liked the jail challenge.

--- End quote ---

Why is that good? ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version