Author Topic: TARaus 2 FINALE SHOW Updates and Discussion!!  (Read 18934 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TARaus 2 FINALE SHOW Updates and Discussion!!
« on: August 12, 2012, 07:51:57 AM »
 :talk :party: :talk
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARaus 2 FINALE SHOW Updates and Discussion!!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 03:13:35 AM »
:bump

Just so we can find this tonight amongst all the threads! :lol: Just over an hour to go!

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 04:32:19 AM »
A few minutes left, here we go.....!  :hearts:  :yess:

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 04:55:18 AM »
Previously On the AMAZING RACE AUSTRALIA... 11 teams set off on a 65000Km journey. Teams battled their limits and each other. They beat the odds and raced ahead no matter what. 8 teams didn't last the distance.

Final three:

Cops - they have a strong partnership
Twins - sibling tension, pushed to stay at the top of the pack
Boofheads - raced hard with confidence (and arrogance  :res:)

During the pitstop, teams flew to Guilin, China.

Twins depart at 5.07AM. Take a taxi to the Guilin River and ask a fisherman in Mandarin for their next clue. $250 for the last leg.

Twins talk about the race being a great experience.

Boofheads depart next, say they want to say the other teams got beaten by an accountant and a goofball  :res:

HoO apply at the river - 8.30 - 17.00

Twins and Boofheads begin together, cops haven't departed yet.

Both teams paddle around, twins go left, guys right. Steve gets a few fish thrown at him instead of a clue.

Twins choose a fisherman and get it first go.

Detour: teach or Learn? - Copy of TAR12 detour, but in mandarin.

Twins go for Teach.

Cops finally depart, say they owe the race to their families.

Boofheads get their clue and begin to walk to their destination. BIG MISTAKE - they walk a long way out of the way.

Cops finally get their clue, choose teach.

Boofheads stranded with nowhere to get a taxi. They've stuffed up for the first time and it's in the last leg. Unsure whether to continue or go back.

AD BREAK

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 05:05:36 AM »
Boofheads finally find a hotel and call a taxi, on their way to the school now.

Twins arrive and finish LEARN really quickly. They need to travel by taxi to a market and sell 10 vegetable slicers and graters :groan:

Cops arrive at the detour and get a cute little chinese boy to teach Aussie slang to. He repeats the words really well, but struggles to even get a word out at the test. Cops need to redo it and try again.

Twins arrive at the market. They're able to get a big crowd but struggle at first to get someone to buy it. Once they have their first customer, they get a rush of customers!  :lol: They're currently up to 4/10 cutters sold.

They go back and once again the kid's good at the recalling the words in practice but only gets a "g'day mate" out :/ Cops fear they're wasting time and I assume they want to change?

COMMERCIAL.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 05:18:26 AM »
Twins finish their selling and get their clue: Fly to Brisbane, Australia!

Cops switch to LEARN and finish it really quickly, wonder why they didn't do it in the first place. Shane gives his little kid a toy kangaroo as a little present for his help :)

Paul and Steve arrive at the school, just as the cops leave. Steve struggles a bit on the LEARN side. Paul does the first five words, Steve is having a hard time remembering "bathers". They get it second go.

Twins arrive at the airport, first flight to Brisbane is via Guangzhou. They hope they're the only ones on it.

Cops arrive and complete the selling really easily, talking about how people tell them they should leave their police jobs and be salesmen. They're off to the airport.

Paul and Steve begin selling as the cops leave, Steve knows he won't be able to communicate well so he tries to be funny to gain people's money. They finish quickly and head to the airport.

Cops arrive with 20mins before the flight, just make it on the Twins flight.

Boofheads arrive with 6 mins to spare, not sure if they'll make the flight.. BREAK

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 05:26:07 AM »
All three teams on the same flight. Twins out of the airport first, drive yourselves to Kangaroo point and find the park under Storey Bridge to get their clue.

Cops head back inside to find a map, only a few mins behind the other two.

Twins and Paul/Steve arrive at the park together, twins reach the cluebox first. Drive to Boggo Road Jail to obtain the next clue.

Twins ask for directions from two locals, Boofheads read and listen over Jo's shoulder. Both teams neck and neck, cops a few minutes behind. All teams need to turn their cars around on a one way road :lol:

Cops chuck a U-turn after stopping traffic on the bridge, twins nearly reverse into someone on a main road and Steve and Paul have trouble finding somewhere to turn around  :lol:

Commercial.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 05:37:57 AM »
Can I just say I am LOVING this finale so far!

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 05:39:32 AM »
Can I just say I am LOVING this finale so far!

You said it.
And Paul, Michelle (or Jo) wasn't ventilating at you. She was venting.  :lol3:

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 05:42:33 AM »
Cops somehow end up at the jail in first place  :lol:

One team member must answer 5 questions about their fellow racers and choose a team as an answer. Their partner must then guess their responses.

Andrew goes first and quickly picks his five teams (Who would give you a helping hand? Who would lie to you the most? Which teams relationship do you envy? Which team is the unluckiest? and another one I forgot :duno:)

Twins arrive next, Jo goes first and chooses the answers. Steve and Paul in third, Paul picks the answers first.

Shane, Michelle and Steve all guessing together, lots of wrong attempts... they can't figure it out.

Shane finally gets it, they need to head to Archerfield Airport and catch a charter plane to Fraser Island, then drive to Lake McKenzie.

Jo trashes Paul when he's in the jail cell next to her, Paul can't understand why she still hates him when he respects her..? ???  :lol:

Michelle still struggling to get it right and blames Jo per usual  :lol:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 05:43:53 AM »
The other question is Which Team Worked Best Together?

Copy from TARAus1 in Israel??

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 05:54:55 AM »
All teams on planes to Fraser Island. Cops in first, Workmates in second, Twins in last.

Cops arrive first, they travel via 4WD to Lake Mckenzie.
Roadblock: Who has total recall?
Teams have to answer multiple choice questions about the race by placing rings of the corresponding colour over the cluebox with the question.

Andrew steps up to do the roadblock.

Workmates arrive and drive to the RB, Paul has been waiting to do this roadblock.

Twins in last, they freak out when they find the 4WD is a manual. Jo tells Michelle to drive on hard sand, Michelle retaliates calls Jo a dickhead again  :lol:

Battle between Andrew and Paul at the roadblock, they're almost equal but I think Andrew might be slightly ahead, twins haven't arrived yet.

Ad Break.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 06:03:04 AM »
Battle between Andrew and Paul... Andrew comes out on top!

They have to follow a path and dig up a treasure chest and then carry it to the finish line. The first team to have their chest and cross the finish line first will win the race!

Cops rush up to the marked area and begin digging.

Twins arrive and Paul is finishing his last question. Michelle is doing the roadblock.

Michelle runs out and Paul gets told he's wrong  :lol: He tries again and gets told he's wrong  :lol: Michelle eventually catches up to him and they sprint to the beach in the hopes to get the clue...

AD BREAK.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 06:03:40 AM »
The other question is Which Team Worked Best Together?

Copy from TARAus1 in Israel??

Hee, so it was! Thanks for that, I had a mental blank lol! :lol:

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2012, 06:10:01 AM »
That final task is the worst moment in the whole season. Why copy the lamest final task of all.  (:;)

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 06:13:49 AM »
Quick Spoilers with results (and winners - beware)!

Show content
Andrew and Shane win, Paul and Steve second, Michelle and Jo Third!

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 06:15:58 AM »
Congrats Shandrew!  :hearts: And congrats Shane and MiJo!  :hrt:  :conf:

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 06:19:05 AM »
Shane and Andrew keep digging, they hit a treasure chest and begin to dig it out!

Paul reaches the beach first but still gets it wrong  :o Michelle gets it right and they head to the buried chests!

Cops finally dig out their chest and run towards the finish line! All the teams are cheering for them! Andrew and Shane are the winners of the Amazing race Australia and have won $250,000!

Both reflect and say they're so proud to have won, they've worked so hard for it. They're going to pay off their mortgage, put their kids in a good school and have some good holidays!  :)

Michelle and Jo begin digging first, but Steve and Paul find a chest first.

Paul and Steve finish in second, both say their relationship has grown from workmates and they know each other really well now. Paul thanks his fellow competitors and say he really respects them despite being arrogant  blahblah Paul's proud that he ran the race with integrity  blahblah (GET OFF MY SCREEN!  :lol:)

Twins arrive in third, both happy to have finished the race! Jo's proud she achieved more than running with a backpack on  :lol:

And then we have lots of hugs at the end  :)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 06:22:19 AM »
Shandrew, you deserved it. Congrats. :hearts:

Paul & Steve, yes, you were annoying, but congrats to you too for making it that far.   :luvya:

Australian Wonder Twins, great job, you came from behind and gained a lot of ground.  :hrt:

And for me, Paul's tearing up at the end made him a better person.

Oh, I forgot.

Show content
Lucy & Emilia deserve a mention too, for being the awesomest team this season. Go girls! Wish you made it to the F3! :luvya: :hearts: :hrt:

Michelle & Jo and Lucy & Emilia for the first ever TARAus:AS please! :please:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 06:30:23 AM »
Firstly, Congratulations Shane and Andrew! You guys ran a consistent race, you played a fair game and you totally deserve it! Nice guys DO finish first! :)
Secondly, Steve, enjoy all those prizes you won. Paul, get out.
Finally, Michelle and Jo, you are probably my one of my favourite FF teams of ALL time. You ran a SUPERB race, you were so much fun to watch, and I'm sorry to see you couldn't beat Paul and Steve

To ActiveTV Australia, a fairly well designed race, there are DEFINITELY things you can improve on, but what I wanted to see most was a well-constructed finale, which you delivered! Congratulations for designing the first foreign edition to circumnavigate the globe! I very very much enjoyed the route! :) Some wonderful challenges in there! And thank you for putting the teams in FRONT of the Finish Line this season! Great casting as well, lots of loveable teams!

Grant Bowler, you improved your hosting by miles this season, however you were WAY too enthusiastic at the Finish Line..

I am praying from Michelle & Jo, Lucy & Emilia and Adam & Dane for All Stars!

And last but NEVER the least, the RFFers, it has been a wonderful season to spoil, and everyone has done a great job (kudos to ovalorange in particular)
I can't wait for the next season! Hopefully it's another awesome one!

ETA: Lucy and Emilia mentioned on their FB page that they made it into every episode, they were mentioned at the beginning of Episode 11 and we saw them at the Finish Line in the final episode HOORAY!

ETAA: THIS SEASON WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THE SAME WITHOUT LUCY AND EMILIA. LUCY AND EMILIA MADE THIS SEASON
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 06:41:07 AM by supah3ro »

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2012, 06:39:41 AM »
I am praying from Michelle & Jo, Lucy & Emilia, Hunners and Hippies for All Stars!

Sounds good to me :tup:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 06:44:59 AM »
I am praying from Michelle & Jo, Lucy & Emilia, Hunners and Hippies for All Stars!

Sounds good to me :tup:

If we keep up like this, AS will be season 4. :lol3:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2012, 07:00:44 AM »
I was right with the villians theory. Paul and Steve didn't win.

Offline JordanJones123

• RFF Full Member
  • Jet and Cord should have won!
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2012, 08:33:15 AM »
Good Job Shane and Andrew - You ran a good race. Good to watch, seem like ripper blokes.
To Paul and Steve, Bad Luck. You copped one of the worst edits in history, and i was rooting for you. Michelle and Jo were absolute bitches to you and were just filth... Pretty on the outside, ugly on the inside. Paul, your a bluddy legend, and same to you Steve.
Michelle and Jo can enjoy their favourable edit and continue to be mediocre.

Great season, puts TARAus further infront of the US season. Can't wait for Season 3!
Jet and Cord are still the best!!! Bring them back!

'Maybe God didn't bless me so much with talent, but he gave me try'

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2012, 08:35:46 AM »
SHANDREW <3333333333333333333333333333333333333333 :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

BEST ALL-MALE WINNING TEAM EVER!!!!!! :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf: (although that's not saying much since I absolutely despised every all-male winning team on TAR and TARAus up until now :lol:)

COPS BREAKING THE LAW <33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

I wish Michelle & Jo came second! They so deserved to finish ahead of Paul & Steve! :( This was like a replay of the TAR20 finale with the awesome team (Michelle & Jo and Brenchel) overtaking the abhorrent villain team (Paul & Steve and Art & JJ) at the second last task and then getting passed back at the last task. :(

But all that matters is that we have amazing winners! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

And Paul, Michelle (or Jo) wasn't ventilating at you. She was venting.  :lol3:

Yes, I kept noticing him saying 'ventilating' as well. :lol: Putting together 'ventilating' + repeatedly failing at one of the easiest memory tasks in TAR history (not the easiest for sure, but still pretty easy) + hammering the wrong part of the ice in Canada makes me seriously question whether or not this guy has 'an IQ that places him in the Top 2% of Australia'... :duno: :res: :lol:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥