Author Topic: TARaus 2 Episode 11 SHOW Updates and Discussion  (Read 16077 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TARaus 2 Episode 11 SHOW Updates and Discussion
« on: August 12, 2012, 07:49:32 AM »
 :luvya:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARaus 2 Episode 11 SHOW Updates and Discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 03:45:36 AM »
Yikes! Our viewers last night was under 800,000 :(

Hopefully we can get over 900,000 tonight! Last season's penultimate Leg was FANTASTIC! Full of suspense! I hope thos season's is the same

I'll be commentating in and out :)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 03:49:56 AM »
Those viewer numbers aren't good. :( But maybe expected, given the BB premiere. :duno:

Hopefully we can get back to the million mark! :)
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 04:06:17 AM »
Those viewer numbers aren't good. :( But maybe expected, given the BB premiere. :duno:

Hopefully we can get back to the million mark! :)
I don't care about the ratings for TAR Australia. We've already got a third season confirmed  :lol:  :hearts:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:15:31 AM by supah3ro »

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 04:10:40 AM »
I think this article was supposed to be released tomorrow :lol:

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/news/story/troy-twins-to-tune-into-tv-finale/

TROY TWINS TUNE INTO TV FINALE

MANLY Vale twins Jo and Michelle Troy are planning a party with 200 friends tomorrow night to watch the final episode of television's Amazing Race Australia.

The twins made it through to the final three in the global race TV show.

Michelle, who was a fan of the show before taking part in it this season, said she had dreamed of crossing the finish line of the race.

“If we made it to the end that means we would have travelled around the world,” she said.

The two airline staffers have travelled 65,000km over four continents and eight countries for the show's challenges.

“Scaredy cat” Jo admitted to being “concerned” about every challenge.

"Before this Michelle was always mothering me but I think I really grew up during the race,'' she said.

But for all their chutzpah, high fives and their catchcry ‘boom’, the girls faced many challenges.

They've had to eat developed embryo bird eggs, stand on cable cars thousands of metres above the ground, eat cockroaches, continuously spin for five minutes, decipher Islamic text, drive a dilapidated car in Cuba, climb glacial walls and more.

There will be 10 screens set up at the venue where they are partying tonight, showing the final leg of their incredible journey.

Not surprisingly, tonight's final celebratory bash will feature a pink theme.

“Nothing can hold us back now,” Jo said.

Michelle agreed.

“Now we have a real ‘can do’ attitude,” she said.

THE FINAL

The Amazing Race Australia's final episode screens tomorrow night on Channel 7 at 7.30pm.

:lol3:  :hearts:  :yess:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 04:23:55 AM »
Wow... can't believe that article was released before the ep aired... :oh But awesome news! :hearts:

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 05:00:23 AM »
Previously on The Amazing Race Australia...

Teams headed to Banff, Cops won the leg, Paul and Steve fell behind but Lucy and Emilia got Eliminated.

Cops depart 1st, Fly to Beijing, China. Once there, travel by taxi to the Ghost Street and find the marked stall to get your next clue. All teams must travel via bus to Calgary Airport.

Cops are happy to be in the top 4 - owe their race to their families saying they deserve it as much as them.

The other three teams talk up about how important this leg is and how they want to make it to the F3.

All teams on the same bus to Calgary airport and Same flight to Beijing (via Vancouver).

Team land and instantly begin scrambling for Taxis. Boofheads find a van, but figure out it will be too expensive - almost all of their legs money -  and change taxi's immediately. Groseph just get in a van and go without thinking about the cost.

Other three teams find taxis after a bit of a struggle.

Groseph arrive at the street, but find out their taxi is over 90% of their money. They tell their driver they don't have that much... he begins to slap himself and reaches for the glovebox. Grace becomes scared he's going to pull out a gun and shoot them, so they give him the money and go.

All team arrive at the Street at the same time.
Detour: Waiter or Wheel
Waiter - recite 8 Chinese dishes in Mandarin in order to get the clue
Wheel - eat a total of 4 delicacies each to receive the clue.

All teams but the twins initially choose Wheel but Grace screams when she finds out she needs to eat starfish and they switch straight away  :lol:

All teams struggle with their detours a little but leave in the order of Twins, Boofheads, Groseph and then cops.

They need to head to a Foot massage place and BOTH need to receive a 10 minute foot massage (5 mins each foot) to get their next clue.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 05:33:30 AM »
Twins arrive first, Michelle steps up to the plate first. She screams and vents her pain out. She tells Jo that she won't be able to do it, but she has to because she's already been through so much pain  :lol:

Cops arrive second and aren't as loud but equally not as fond of the massage  :lol: They get through it without much screaming.

Groseph arrive - Grace thinks it will be fun. She howls within the first minute and pulls away and has to start again  :lol:

Jo screams and cries her eyes out but eventually finishes in first.

Teams now have to travel to the Marco Polo Bridge and count the lions on it in order to receive their clue. 

Cops finish in second, Joseph then steps up to have his massage. He thinks Grace was acting, but he finds she wasn't.

Boofheads arrive in the mean time and Joseph and Steve Hold hands to release their pain  :lol: Paul goes through without any pain whatsoever, proving his strength  blahblah blahblah.

Groseph try to get a taxi to the Bridge... but their driver takes them to the Marco Polo Hotel. They're out of cash and begin walking to the bridge.. it's 50 Minutes away by taxi.

Twins first at bridge HoO until the morning. Cops and Boofheads catch up, Groseph nowhere in sight.

Cops begin counting and realise each statue has more than one lion and there are some ontop of pillars also included. Boofheads do it slow and methodically.

Twins and cops give it two attempts - Both WRONG.

Twins try to distract Paul and Steve... shouting out 25, 36, 92  :lol:

Boofheads eventually get it right first go  :res:

Cops and Twins get it third time.

Roadblock: Who can crack the warrior code? - find the right combination to pass warriors up the Great Wall (TARA4 South Korea RB)

Jo, Paul and Andrew take up the roadblock.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 05:44:11 AM »
GOOD BYE JOSEPH AND GRACE!!!!!!!!! Welcome to inner mongolia!!!  :lol:

You guys had a rough leg, but you ran a decent race

GO GO GO MICHELLE AND JO!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :hearts:

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 05:46:26 AM »
Paul gets there first... there seems like a LOT of warriors. Jo eventually catches up - Twins surprised Paul and Steve are in first and not them.

Big battle between Jo and Paul to get it done first. Both trying really hard to be #1.

Groseph at the bridge. Slowly catching up and keep pushing on - they not giving up yet.

They count and get their final number. Joseph adds on a few for good luck and they get it first go  :lol:

Jo makes it right to the every end and screws up her last chance :( Paul then has his turn and ends up getting it right :res:

RI: Make your way to the next pitstop, Forbidden City. The last team to arrive WILL be eliminated.

Jo gets it right the next go, they've kept their good taxi so they think they might have a shot.

Boofheads taxi over shoots the Temple and they have to run on foot there.

Battle between Twins and Boofheads for first... Twins beat out the boys and become Team #1. Paul & Steve in second.

Girls ecstatic to win a leg, they think they're ready for the final leg now. Boofheads shocked they were second, but ready to give it their all in the final leg.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 05:48:15 AM »
:yess: The perfect F3! (Out of the F4)

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 05:48:43 AM »
Andrew finishes the Roadblock. Cops struggle to find a taxi back to Beijing.

Groseph fall asleep and their cab and end up at the wrong part of the wall.

Cops eventually find a cab and become  team #3.

Groseph make their way to Inner Mongolia (:lol:) and Grant Eliminates them outside their taxi :( Joseph now sees Grace as a girl who can make her own decisions, Grace loves that her brother will protect her even when they're on the other side of the world.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 05:57:21 AM »
Groseph randomly in Mongolia <3333333333333333333 :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Congrats to Michelle & Jo on their first win! :conf:

But after this episode, I'd prefer Shandrew to win, :hearts: after the blondes just dumped them for no apparent reason. :(

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 06:02:30 AM »
That was a really intense episode.. until the stupid HoO at Marco Polo Bridge!  (:;)
I really liked the Roadblock! Was that an original challenge?
I think out of the F4, the most deserving made it to the final 3
1. Michelle and Jo - no need to explain, they  deserve to win the race as well  :hearts:
2. Paul and Steve - they've performed very well since Leg 2
3. Shane and Andrew - they've made their way to the top since Leg 1, and they hit their streak when it counted  :tup:

Oh Joey and Grace.... I'll explain why they didn't deserve to make the Final 3
- stealing James and Sarah's taxi. That is all.
Other than that, they were an alright team, I'm going to admit Grace had some great moments along the race though!  :lol:  :<3
They had a VERY rough day, I do feel very sorry for them, and at least they got to see Inner Mongolia!  :lol:

SO glad Michelle and Jo got their first win! But it would've been a better fairy tale if they didn't win any legs except the last  :lol3:
I am disappointed for the twins dumping the Cops, but not gonna lie, I would've done the same in the penultimate leg

SO EXCITED TO SEE QUEENSLAND TOMORROW <3333333333333
Predicition for the Grand Finale (I REALLY hope I'm wrong here):
1st Shane and Andrew
2nd Paul and Steve
3rd Michelle and Jo

Wish for the Grand Finale:
1st Michelle and Jo
2nd Paul and Steve
3rd Shane and Andrew

Final 3 teams averages AFTER Leg 11:
Michelle and Jo - 2.9
Paul and Steve - 3.4
Shane and Andrew - 4.4

P.S. I did enjoy most of Grace's 'moments' during the season, I MIGHT consider making a video.. what do you guys think??
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 06:13:15 AM by supah3ro »

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 06:07:15 AM »
I am disappointed for the twins dumping the Cops, but not gonna lie, I would've done the same in the penultimate leg

When it's a close battle to avoid elimination, I would do the same thing as well regardless of what leg it is. :lol: But I didn't see any point in ditching them when another team is far behind and nowhere to be found. :( I dunno, I'm not a big fan of the move. :duno:

Obviously I would still love the twins to win, :<3 but I'd prefer Shandrew just a little more! They were virtually nonentities at the beginning of the race, but they've grown on me since then! :hearts:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 06:10:57 AM »

Just found out that Inner Mongolia isn't actually in Mongolia. :'(

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 06:13:34 AM »
Right now I'm happy with anyone winning the race. I just don't want Paul & Steve bragging about it.  :res:

But if Michelle & Jo win, they'll brag about beating Paul & Steve.  :res:

So by elimination,

SHANDREW FTW!

They still passed through at least 2 random provinces.  :lol:

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 09:20:19 AM »
Well,I dinged the Groseph F4 :P

Michelle/Jo FTW

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 11:42:08 AM »
MICHELLE & JO FTW!!!!!  :luvya: :luvya: :luvya: :luvya: :luvya: :luvya: :luvya: :luvya:

Offline BitchBitch

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 04:58:23 PM »
OMG I love the final 3, it's perfect!!!! :hearts: :yess:
any out of those 3 winning will be amazing for me :lol3:
so glad groseph got eliminated :waves:....i thought it would be the cops though, in the end i was so happily surprised

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 07:26:07 PM »
I think this article was supposed to be released tomorrow :lol:

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/news/story/troy-twins-to-tune-into-tv-finale/

The twins have been known as finalists for a week - the News Limited papers accidentally let it slip in their TV guide review. (Oddly, though, it implied they struggled with eating testes - a Detour switch we weren't shown?)

Offline 123blueandwhite

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2012, 08:12:01 PM »
The way the twins have been treating Paul & Steve (and Shane and Andrew) have kind of turned me off them a little. I might be the only one but I'm starting to find their screeching a little annoying now.

What I don't really like is how people base their favorites based on the nicest people or the ones with the best stories. Myself, I like to root for the better and more consistent teams that still add a little flare to the race.

Hoping for the two male teams because the twins will probably win this one.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 08:16:01 PM by 123blueandwhite »

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 08:16:09 PM »
I'm probably the only one who enjoyed seeing DisGrace suffering at the foot massage, though she did not cry out in pain as loud or often as I thought she would. Certainly not as much as one of the cheerleaders. But good riddance to Joey & DisGrace. I can't stand the thought of her winning and that "look at me" tone, even more so than Paul & Steve. Speaking of Steve, he was just awesome and hilarious in this leg, especially at the eating challenge.

The cops acting a bit like the Cho brothers, with the whole alliance loyalty to it. It was tough, but the twins made the right call to just end it, since it's the 2nd from last leg.

Offline 123blueandwhite

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2012, 08:17:40 PM »
Right now I'm happy with anyone winning the race. I just don't want Paul & Steve bragging about it.  :res:

But if Michelle & Jo win, they'll brag about beating Paul & Steve.  :res:

So by elimination,

SHANDREW FTW!

They still passed through at least 2 random provinces.  :lol:

I think we're all used to hearing Paul & Steve's gloating and it has become comedic by now but I'm already sick and tired of hearing Michelle & Jo gloat and brag. Think I may have just sent a pack of Michelle & Jo fans after myself!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2012, 10:06:37 PM »
The way the twins have been treating Paul & Steve (and Shane and Andrew) have kind of turned me off them a little. I might be the only one but I'm starting to find their screeching a little annoying now.

I get what you mean by that. :tup: I certainly don't like them as much as I used to, but I'll still be happy if they win, so long as it's not Paul & Steve. But I am cheering for Shandrew for sure! :hoot: :hoot: