Author Topic: TARAus2 Episode 12 (Brisbane) Discussion *SPOILERS*  (Read 21574 times)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Re: TARAus2 Episode 12 (Brisbane) Discussion *SPOILERS*
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 06:15:56 AM »
- If you come 5th, 7th or 10th in the first Leg, you won't win the race (Michelle and Jo, Paul and Steve)
- If you come 5th in the 5th Leg, you won't win the race (Shane and Andrew)

Well at least one of these curses is going to be broken!  :lol:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2012, 05:34:50 PM »
Looking at The Amazing Race Australia FB page, it seems as though all the fans are happy with the cops or twins winning (including me), so that's a 66% chance an awesome team will win this season. I like those odds!

Jail date, then treasure for Amazing Race finalists

A STINT locked up in Boggo Road Jail and digging for a treasure chest in the sands of Fraser Island await the three finalists in tonight's Amazing Race Australia finale.

After a 65,000km race that has criss-crossed four continents, cheerleading twins Jo and Michelle, police officers Shane and Andrew, and workmates Paul and Steve, complete their run in Queensland. Filmed earlier this year, the three teams arrived at Brisbane International Airport before being sent to a park under the Story Bridge for their first clue.

In a race to Boggo Road - or, as the twins insist "Bo Go" - all end up heading the wrong way back across the bridge, except for the police officers who perform a U-turn mid-bridge. "Safely," adds Shane.

A challenge at the jail sees them leave for Fraser Island to search for $250,000 in cash in the sands of Lake McKenzie and the finishing line.

Channel 7 has renewed the series for a third season.

* The Amazing Race Australia, Seven, 7.30pm
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 05:58:20 PM by supah3ro »

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2012, 08:18:18 PM »
http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2012/08/15/the-amazing-race-australia-final-fraser-island/

'Amazing Race' to end at Fraser Island

FRASER Island is the beautiful backdrop for the high-stakes race to the finish line in tonight's grand final of The Amazing Race Australia.

In the epic final leg of the round-the-world race, the final three teams will travel from China to Brisbane, where they will race through the city before hopping on sea planes to land on Fraser Island's picturesque 75 Mile Beach.

Navigating the island's sand roads could prove difficult for cheerleading twins Michelle and Jo, who have struggled with driving manual cars throughout the race.

The final leg once again sees tempers flare in the fierce rivalry between Michelle and Jo and work mates Paul and Steve.

But Victorian coppers Shane and Andrew are still very much in the running for the $250,000 grand prize.

The Amazing Race Australia grand final airs tonight at 7.30pm on Seven.

I've been to Fraser Island and I know for a fact that 4WDriving there is really hard!

That leaves us with the Final 3, I think that twins will lose their chance early and make some sort of huge blunder
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 11:17:13 PM by supah3ro »

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2012, 11:37:59 PM »
Sneak Peek of tonight!

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 12:32:05 AM »
Shane and Andrew will win!!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline marylandboy234

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2012, 12:54:32 AM »
Since my team is not in the finale i will vote for

GO PAUL & STEVE   :conf:  :conf:  :conf:  :conf:  :conf:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2012, 01:04:00 AM »

Andrew doing the ONE with his finger  :yess: :yess: :yess:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2012, 10:23:13 AM »

Andrew doing the ONE with his finger  :yess: :yess: :yess:

I KNEW IT

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2012, 05:14:09 PM »
This season had a great cast and I liked the winners too.  I actually liked the bickering of the twins and Paul and Steve as it added a bit more spice towards the end.  I know they re-used tasks from earlier seasons but they were good tasks.  I liked the digging up of the money and running with it to the finish.  I thought all the final 4 were great in a way, but happy Paul and Steve didn't win, not just for Paul's arrogance but because the bandwagoners who supported them as they thought they would win where so wrong lol.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2012, 06:33:26 PM »
guys, don't believe the editors, they edited one team out of the whole season, the real winners.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2012, 06:36:35 PM »
guys, don't believe the editors, they edited one team out of the whole season, the real winners.

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2012, 06:37:17 PM »

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

I thought amusing because i thought it was not true. WTF?  :o :o

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2012, 08:33:19 PM »
I'm not sure if it was just me but I felt like the finale was designed for a very close finish (TAR2 style)
The tasks in China were fine, I didn't really care as long as all teams were on a bunched flight to Brisbane
What bugged me was the tasks in Australia. The think at the jail was ALRIGHT, it is a good challenge for a finale but we've already seen it!
The plane ride to Fraser Island was fantastic, and I think Fraser Island was a great place to finish!
THE MEMORY TASK! WHY! Out of ALL the memory tasks they could've copied from other seasons they designed such an easy one!  :groan:
The flag task last year was good for the first season, but this one should've been much better! The TAR14 memory challenge would've been perfect for Fraser Island!
And the worst challenge of all, the treasure chest. Not only boring to watch but just such a LAME task! If a challenge can be done in an area the size of your living room, then it's NOT good challenge!

I am glad they took our advice and avoided going with luck-based challenges  :)

Final 3 averages AFTER the race:

1st Shane and Andrew - 4.1
2nd Paul and Steve - 3.3
3rd Michelle and Jo - 2.9
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 10:13:42 PM by supah3ro »

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2012, 10:12:50 PM »
Don't know if i'm a idiot because of that , but i got emotional together with Paul.

Offline Al

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2012, 01:07:28 AM »
I K.N.E.W. this image was the Olympic podium of the finale!

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2012, 10:04:22 AM »
Glad I didn't see it then, I don't see the appeal of getting spoiled with the result before you see it.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2012, 03:16:47 PM »
THE MEMORY TASK! WHY! Out of ALL the memory tasks they could've copied from other seasons they designed such an easy one!  :groan:

I'm not sure it was all that easy. Paul & Steve arrived at the task before the cops were done. The cops then completed the task and left for the treasure chest digging where they had time to locate and dig up the chest before any other team arrived. So either the chest task was much quicker than it seemed, or the other teams took a really long time with the memory task.

Also did anybody else notice that they gave the twins a better shovel after Paul & Steve had left.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2012, 08:39:55 PM »
No I didn't notice the shovel.  :D

A couple of things I did notice, Paul seemed to take a lot of the rings out to the posts whereas the twin didn't, she seemed to go back and forth with one ring at a time.  That's what it looked like in the editing anyway.

Also I noticed that at the finish mat they had all the racers lined up on one side, normally they seem to have them either side.  Also the second and third placers joined the line at the end once they had finished.

Offline Faith511

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2012, 06:21:25 PM »
Where can i find this episode online?