Author Topic: TAR 8 and 9 coming out on DVD!  (Read 8281 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
TAR 8 and 9 coming out on DVD!
« on: August 01, 2012, 06:14:19 PM »
From TVShowson DVD.com:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Amazing-Race-1-Seasons-8-and-9/17324

The Amazing Race - DVDs are Planned for 'Season 8: Family Edition' and 'Season 9'

No availability date yet for these CreateSpace MOD titles, but Amazon is accepting pre-orders right away
Posted by David Lambert
   8/01/2012

'Fun for the whole family' has never been as exciting as THE AMAZING RACE: FAMILY EDITION - the series' action-packed eighth season. Breaking the mold set by previous seasons, season 8 challenges teams made up of four family members to race across North America. And for the first time, racers compete in Costa Rica and Panama. This season features one of THE AMAZING RACE's largest age gaps ever...from 8 years old to 57.

Getting off to a dramatic start, the season opens with a contestant receiving a concussion at the starting line. The thrills continue by way of Amish buggies and fighter planes as familial bonds are tested everywhere - from a rainforest to the field of a Civil War reenactment. Find out if the family that races together stays together and who wins THE AMAZING RACE: FAMILY EDITION in this DVD set.

Then, planes, trains, and automobiles ensure that THE AMAZING RACE is as exciting as ever in the Emmy award-winning ninth season of the acclaimed series. From Brazil to Australia - including first-time visits to Japan, Greece, and Oman - the hopefuls race across five continents and 59,000 miles in one of the longest races in the history of the show. The diverse cast includes bohemian best friends, dating nerds and a couple that has been married for 40 years.

The excitement never lets up; one minute racers must bungee jump 240-feet off of the Corinth Canal Bridge and the next they are face to face with ornery camels. Faced with the jump, one racer becomes paralyzed with fear and it may cost them the race. The final legs prove just as mentally exhausting as they are physically, and it all comes down to the wire. Find out who can afford a first class ticket home with their one million dollar cash prize in this DVD Set.

With the first seven seasons of the hugely popular reality show now released, the folks at CBS DVD and Amazon's CreateSpace MOD (manufacture on demand) program are planning on a release soon of both The Amazing Race - Season 8: Family Edition and The Amazing Race - Season 9. Both of these 3-disc sets will cost $34.95 SRP each, and cover art can be seen below (along with a button link to pre-order these from Amazon). Our thanks to reader Dillon Kleine for the heads-up about it!

Order this title from Amazon.com

Once these two seasons are released, that will leave only seasons 10, 11 (All Stars) and 12 not being available either on Amazon or I-Tunes.

-- theschnauzers

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Re: TAR 8 and 9 coming out on DVD!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 09:50:22 PM »
Yay TAR8!!! And TAR9 was a good season, except for the winners.  :tup:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 09:52:42 PM »
Them putting Dave and Lori on the cover... but hardly inviting them back for any seasons of Allstars is WEIRD??? I thought Fran and Barry were even more interesting than them!

As for the TAR 8 DVD... NO GAGHANS??? SERIOUSLY??? :gaah:

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 10:35:55 PM »
They should have put Ray & Yolanda!!  :gaah:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 11:42:43 PM »
And MAMA PAOLO!

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 11:46:19 PM »
Them putting Dave and Lori on the cover... but hardly inviting them back for any seasons of Allstars is WEIRD??? I thought Fran and Barry were even more interesting than them!

As for the TAR 8 DVD... NO GAGHANS??? SERIOUSLY??? :gaah:

But they have the Linzs & Bransens <3

Offline Maxi3d

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 05:58:25 PM »
Are those two DVD sets have any extras like commentaries and behind the scene interviews?   

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 09:34:08 PM »
Are those two DVD sets have any extras like commentaries and behind the scene interviews?   
It doesn't say, but none of the Amazon.com releases have had any extras, so I'm wagering that these will not either.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 10:55:06 PM »
It doesn't say, but none of the Amazon.com releases have had any extras, so I'm wagering that these will not either.
The Amazon.com pages do not mention any extras, and as Bert Loser mentioned, the Amazon on-demand DVDs have not had any extras on them.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Maxi3d

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 03:07:15 AM »
Thanks for the information. I don't think I going to spend $26 for a bare bone DVD sets. I sure would like to know more about what's going on behind the scene than what they are showing us on the TV. 

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 12:02:50 PM »
Thanks for the information. I don't think I going to spend $26 for a bare bone DVD sets. I sure would like to know more about what's going on behind the scene than what they are showing us on the TV. 

I can only speak for myself, but I'd very much want to have the episodes without commercials and teaser bumps on the screen, and the best way to do that is with the DVDs and ITunes downloads. In fact, while I still DVR the episodes as the air, I am now relying on the I-Tunes downloads copied onto blank DVD disks for the longer term, since at the rate the cost of memory keeps going down for computer hard drives, it will be economical at some point to put all the stuff on the same drives and be able to play them all that way.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Maxi3d

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 05:16:11 PM »

I can only speak for myself, but I'd very much want to have the episodes without commercials and teaser bumps on the screen, and the best way to do that is with the DVDs and ITunes downloads. In fact, while I still DVR the episodes as the air, I am now relying on the I-Tunes downloads copied onto blank DVD disks for the longer term, since at the rate the cost of memory keeps going down for computer hard drives, it will be economical at some point to put all the stuff on the same drives and be able to play them all that way.

Same here, I just bought a media server and damped all the TAR US and international seasons onto it so I don't have to fiddle around with all the DVD sets.  Now I just have to click and play on my TV.  :spitcoffee:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2012, 11:18:18 PM »

Its what I do for all my media.

I have bought ten terrabytes so far, and generally had more when I find a great sale price.  I usually try and hit 80 for 2 TB.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2012, 08:46:51 PM »
Amazon has now posted that the season 8 and 9 DVD sets using their on demand technology will be available beginning on this coming Tuesday, October 23, 2012.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Faith511

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2012, 07:20:20 AM »
I wish that season 11 were on dvd..... i love that season.BQS ROCK!!!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 11:42:38 AM »
Based on how they're being spaced for each new season on air, I would think seasons 10 and 11 would be next. My guess is that we'll have all of the first 12 seasons out by sometime next year,and with I-Tunes downloads for season 13 on, we'll have all the seasons available, finally.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, 03:23:33 PM »

I have viewed all the Amazon created TAR DVDs (seasons 2-6) and I can assure you that there are NO extras or commentary info.  Just the program, minus the commercials as viewed on the air when originally broadcast.  Compared to other DVDs of TV shows produced by the networks, the Amazon created DVDs are a bit lower quality IMO.  Possible lower bit rate as they are on DVD-R blank media and single layer (<5GB).  I suppose something has to give if they have to squeeze 11 episodes onto 3 (single layer) discs.  A true TAR fan would still enjoy the classic episodes, as much as I did.  Price is high, but you may find a copy in your public library, or request they get them.  Didn't cost me a cent thanks to my local library.  You may want to make sure that your DVD player can play DVD-R discs (probably a problem for older DVD players).  Worth a watch.   :tup: