The Amazing Race International Versions > TAR Australia

TARAus2 Episode 11 (China) Discussion *SPOILERS*

<< < (4/8) > >>

NorCalRacer:
Seriously, this leg is okay for me cuz one of the scenes entertains me.
I replay the DisGrace-Saw-the-starfish-Screaming Scene 20 times
and laugh so badly! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
That must be one of collection in the race!

123blueandwhite:
I don't think they were necessarily ripped off, they just took a more expensive mode of transportation at the start of the leg. Didn't Paul & Steve realize that and jumped off right away?

ovalorange:

--- Quote from: starrynight on August 15, 2012, 10:33:30 AM ---Well clues could always stipulate public transport. As I said though a lottery of choosing any taxi driver (instead of having a choice of good ones) makes some of the exits pretty silly.  It's like providing them with cars with some of them basically being undriveable.  Also in a race people will obviously pick whichever way will be potentially quickest and that forces them to take a chance with potentially useless taxis.  I think they should always have a proper map anyway, with landmarks given on it so they can actually work out some things for themselves.

And isn't it ridiculous getting penalised twice, first the taxi driver going to the wrong place AND taking the money as well?  What are racers supposed to do, physically retrieve their money off the taxi driver?  I think the cameraman should at least reimburse them the money,otherwise it's doubly stupid.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: starrynight on August 15, 2012, 05:16:04 PM ---Yeh I don't mind some money management, but not if it just involves getting ripped off by taxis.

--- End quote ---

I honestly think that the biggest issue was that production was extremely tight on the money given to racers this time around and NOT the taxis. Think about it... Sticky and Sam ran out of money leg 1, Adam and Dane leg 2, Kym and Donna in leg 4, Sarah and James leg 9 and Joseph and Grace in legs 9 & 11. I think teams probably should have been given more money in general this season, teams ran out of cash way too much.

123blueandwhite:

--- Quote from: ovalorange on August 16, 2012, 03:24:19 AM ---
--- Quote from: starrynight on August 15, 2012, 10:33:30 AM ---Well clues could always stipulate public transport. As I said though a lottery of choosing any taxi driver (instead of having a choice of good ones) makes some of the exits pretty silly.  It's like providing them with cars with some of them basically being undriveable.  Also in a race people will obviously pick whichever way will be potentially quickest and that forces them to take a chance with potentially useless taxis.  I think they should always have a proper map anyway, with landmarks given on it so they can actually work out some things for themselves.

And isn't it ridiculous getting penalised twice, first the taxi driver going to the wrong place AND taking the money as well?  What are racers supposed to do, physically retrieve their money off the taxi driver?  I think the cameraman should at least reimburse them the money,otherwise it's doubly stupid.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: starrynight on August 15, 2012, 05:16:04 PM ---Yeh I don't mind some money management, but not if it just involves getting ripped off by taxis.

--- End quote ---

I honestly think that the biggest issue was that production was extremely tight on the money given to racers this time around and NOT the taxis. Think about it... Sticky and Sam ran out of money leg 1, Adam and Dane leg 2, Kym and Donna in leg 4, Sarah and James leg 9 and Joseph and Grace in legs 9 & 11. I think teams probably should have been given more money in general this season, teams ran out of cash way too much.

--- End quote ---

I think Sticky & Sam ended up missing the decimal in the metre?

Teams with the best money management made it to the end this time around.

kiki:

--- Quote from: ovalorange on August 16, 2012, 03:24:19 AM ---

--- End quote ---

I got the impression that production gave the racers each leg the minimum of money they would need, providing they got the best and cheapest taxis (unlikely!). Production didn't really give them any leeway for errors, so any teams who miscalculated ended up having problems.
What is really amazing is how Shane and Andrew with all their bad luck with taxis didn't run out of money!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version