Author Topic: TARaus 2 Episode 9 SHOW Updates and Discussion  (Read 25561 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TARaus 2 Episode 9 SHOW Updates and Discussion
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2012, 12:53:15 AM »
Joseph and Grace are not the main villians of the show because they did not really give James and Sarah a good edit too. Paul and Steve on the other hand are just plain negative.

The cops look like our usual 5th/3rd place team. Paul and Steve looks like a typical 2nd/1st place team but I really doubt they win. Lucy and Emilia... doubt they will make the F3. If they do... I'll be really really impressed.

I really think the win is down to Joseph and Grace and Michelle and Jo... and I have a gut feeling it's the brother and sister... :gaah: :knuckles:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2012, 01:01:19 AM »
The only really villainous thing Joseph and Grace have done is stealing James and Sarah's taxi. And maybe Grace teasing Paul.
But after that they've had a very neutral edit, and I wouldn't be surprised or annoyed if they win.
Michelle and Jo have got everything on them right now. Positive edit and consistent racing.
However I'm not sure what it is, but I just don't think they'll win, even though I want them to the most.  :(
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 01:18:36 AM by supah3ro »

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2012, 02:26:56 AM »
I know people really tend to want a huge villain on the show, but I really don't think you need one to enjoy it.  In fact it's probably a bit more interesting if people aren't just pushed at us by the producers as being goodies and baddies.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2012, 04:08:30 AM »
I, for one, don't think that Lucy & Emilia's "issue" was pushed on us. I think it came naturally due to the character development the producers are achieving for different teams. Knowing that the sisters are more than just a lucky, ditzy duo, gives them depth.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2012, 05:32:27 AM »
I thought it came out of nowhere as if this was the program they were about to change their 'story', once at the start of the episode was ok but then getting them to do it during a task as well was a bit much. 

It reminded me a bit of the American version as well where people make out that somehow they are on the race not just for themselves but for other people (children, some issue etc) and that somehow that makes them more deserving of winning or doing well, or makes them more important or worthy of support.  I find that annoying, as really they are all on the race for themselves.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 06:41:27 AM by starrynight »

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2012, 02:17:02 PM »
The thing that came out of nowhere that bugged me the previous episode was the twins saying that they want to be the first all-female team to win The Amazing Race Australia. It's the second season! Who cares if you're the first female team to win? The only reason people went nuts with Nat & Kat is because it took 17 seasons. Not 2.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2012, 03:31:47 AM »
Best Loser, they just wanted to be the first all-female team to win The Amazing Race Australia, what's wrong with that? Whether it took 2 seasons or 20 seasons, they still want to be the first.

You hating them for wanting to win is just like hating any team who wants to win.. erm, okay? :res:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2012, 03:32:39 AM »
I, for one, don't think that Lucy & Emilia's "issue" was pushed on us. I think it came naturally due to the character development the producers are achieving for different teams. Knowing that the sisters are more than just a lucky, ditzy duo, gives them depth.

<3333333 Completely agree.

There could be overly lucky teams like Andrew and Dan but nobody likes them. :res:

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2012, 10:09:33 AM »
Best Loser, they just wanted to be the first all-female team to win The Amazing Race Australia, what's wrong with that? Whether it took 2 seasons or 20 seasons, they still want to be the first.

You hating them for wanting to win is just like hating any team who wants to win.. erm, okay? :res:
I just think it's kind of weird to be wanting to be the first _____-team to win whis early in the seasons. They'd still be one of the first teams to win, so I don't think sex really matters. Just my opinion.

Also I like Andrew & Dan

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2012, 03:45:31 AM »
Good for you then.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2012, 04:44:15 AM »
Good for you then.

I'm 100% with Joab. I'm sure they just want to set the title in stone of being the 'first all-female team to win The Amazing Rcae Australia. Just like Flo was the first female to win TAR. What's wrong with that?

Offline Sash

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2012, 05:45:53 AM »
The only really villainous thing Joseph and Grace have done is stealing James and Sarah's taxi. And maybe Grace teasing Paul.
But after that they've had a very neutral edit, and I wouldn't be surprised or annoyed if they win.

Sure villainous they may not be, maybe slightly immature is more the term that defines them more to me. Whatever it is, I can tell you as someone who went to the live screening with a room packed full of fans that when Grace and Joseph were on the screen or accomplished anything, say like the axe throwing, that hardly nobody cheered for them. But when any of the other teams did anything, the room would erupt with noise. They are definitely not the popular choice to win that is for sure.

As for the Lucy and Emily edit and issue...these girls are the real deal, they are what you see on the screen, they are warm and so naturally funny but they also have a beautiful mother who has been battling cancer for a couple of years, not to mention that they have lost a father to the same terrible illness, and I can tell you that they never stop thinking about their mother so those moments that get shared on the show are heartfelt and are not driven by the hopes to get sympathy but by the immense love of their mother, and I feel sorry for anyone who sees this in any negative light. 

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2012, 08:11:46 AM »
When there is a team getting a more negative edit (Paul and Steve), all other teams are getting a good edit. That's probably how I see it.

In TAR 9, even though BJ and Tyler did a lot of Monica and Eric stirring, Yielded them and everything, MoJo was still the one being given the negative edit.. just because BJ and Tyler won the race. I have yet to see a team who has been given the villianous edit and still winning the race. Tara and Wil lost, Joe and Bill lost, Teri and Ian lost, Colin and Christie lost, although Freddy and Kendra won, the bad edit of the season goes to Jon and Vic, Romber lost, Weaver lost, Dustin and Kandace (lost in TAR 10... everyone in the F3 hated them), Margie and Luke (they were sort of given the bad edit), Michael and Louie, Brent and Caite, Jill and Thomas, Globetrotters and even up till this season Art and JJ all didn't win. All of them were given a really not so good edit...

As compared to winners like Rob and Brennan, Chip and Kim, Uchenna and Joyce, Linz, Tyler and James, TK and Rachel and a few other winners whose edit was nothing but positive.. well, I guess.

Joseph and Grace's edit is a little of that like maybe Eric and Danielle.. where we see negative moments... but the focus of the negative edit is not them but another team, in this case Paul and Steve. That's why I still believe they still hold some chances of ultimately winning! :gaah:

Offline 123blueandwhite

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2012, 02:56:48 AM »
If production wanted a squeaky clean edit for Joseph & Grace, they would've edited out some of the moronic stuff she said. I don't think Cindy & Ernie had a too much of a winner's edit either though.

I really don't see Joseph & Grace winning, my gut says Michelle and Jo but i'd be ok with Paul and Steve.

I think sometimes the audience is taking the alpha stuff from Paul too seriously, he's always laughing when he's talking about it. I think they've been getting a better edit as of late, but that may mean that they haven't been getting into too many schenaigans. I think Steve is really funny too, but he doesn't speak nearly as much as Paul.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2012, 10:19:45 AM »
If production wanted a squeaky clean edit for Joseph & Grace, they would've edited out some of the moronic stuff she said. I don't think Cindy & Ernie had a too much of a winner's edit either though.

I really don't see Joseph & Grace winning, my gut says Michelle and Jo but i'd be ok with Paul and Steve.

I think sometimes the audience is taking the alpha stuff from Paul too seriously, he's always laughing when he's talking about it. I think they've been getting a better edit as of late, but that may mean that they haven't been getting into too many schenaigans. I think Steve is really funny too, but he doesn't speak nearly as much as Paul.
I agree. I think the most likely winners by edit are Michelle & Jo and Lucy & Emilia (Though the chances of the latter happening...). I also agree with your point about Paul & Steve. Earlier, yeah, Paul was obnoxious, but now he's entertaining. And how can you take someone seriously who says something like "It's time for Evil Paul, which is the same as Normal Paul, which is the same as Sexy Paul."

Offline 123blueandwhite

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2012, 12:34:37 PM »

I agree. I think the most likely winners by edit are Michelle & Jo and Lucy & Emilia (Though the chances of the latter happening...). I also agree with your point about Paul & Steve. Earlier, yeah, Paul was obnoxious, but now he's entertaining. And how can you take someone seriously who says something like "It's time for Evil Paul, which is the same as Normal Paul, which is the same as Sexy Paul."

:lol3: Oh man, that was hilarious!

and to the poster before that mentioned that Joseph and Grace haven't been getting the focus of all the negative editing, I believe as of the last few episodes they haven't been shown in the most positive light. If I hadn't watched the first five episodes or so, I wouldn't have known they were pegged as the villains. (edit: Paul & Steve that is)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 06:21:28 PM by 123blueandwhite »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2012, 01:08:06 PM »
I just feel that for TAR Australia... the first season they focused the edit on three teams, Matt and Tom, Sam and Ranae and Nathan and Tyler. Michelle and Jo seems to be our new Sam and Ranae, Paul and Steve our new Tyler and Nathan and of course the italian sisters are our favourite farmers??

I don't know how much edit plays into the outcome of TAR Aussie. But the first time it was quite obvious Nathan and Tyler would win. I'm not quite sure about Paul and Steve winning now!

Offline 123blueandwhite

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2012, 12:06:30 AM »
Hey, don't Michelle & Jo lose their passports sometime in the race? Since it hasn't happened yet, it kinda looks like it'll happen from their flight to China back to Australia (Based on the previews at the start of the race).

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2012, 12:11:35 PM »
It seems like a Nathan and Tyler (robbed on train) situation. They will most likely get their passports back? I REALLY HOPE SO.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2012, 06:13:20 AM »
Hey, don't Michelle & Jo lose their passports sometime in the race? Since it hasn't happened yet, it kinda looks like it'll happen from their flight to China back to Australia (Based on the previews at the start of the race).

I'll tell you what else hasn't happened yet but has been seen in the previews:

SHANE & ANDREW'S MISREAD CLUE.   :o

Please please please misread the clue and get eliminated this leg so Lucy & Emilia can survive.  :please: :please: :please:

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2012, 07:41:22 AM »

I'll tell you what else hasn't happened yet but has been seen in the previews:

SHANE & ANDREW'S MISREAD CLUE.   :o

Please please please misread the clue and get eliminated this leg so Lucy & Emilia can survive.  :please: :please: :please:

what preview are you talking about?
Bring on the 21!

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2012, 01:05:27 AM »
I can't remember it exactly, but it was the first preview to focus on a team.

It was: Talking about the cops, then it showed them inspecting a car, then it said: ONE MISREAD CLUE COULD LEAD TO THEIR ELIMIINATION and it showed Shane talking to a driver with a clue in his hand.

Offline 123blueandwhite

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2012, 03:43:03 AM »
I can't remember it exactly, but it was the first preview to focus on a team.

It was: Talking about the cops, then it showed them inspecting a car, then it said: ONE MISREAD CLUE COULD LEAD TO THEIR ELIMIINATION and it showed Shane talking to a driver with a clue in his hand.
I just watched the one you were talking about. That happened in the very first episode in the Philippines.